Did he deserve redemption?

Did he deserve redemption?

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/Harvey1966/status/620295832626196480
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No.

Nope.

eh he didnt stab anyone interesting so he's fine by me

Killed him on all my walkthroughs. Even after DLCs.
And seems like he fucked up anyway with Witch according to Dishonored 2

>murders people constantly
>feels bad about it one time and gets kinda sad about it.

if you're a liberal sure

Yes. Don't listen to any of the fags above who say no.

Daud was literally the only character who kinda approached being interesting in that game. So yeah sure.

fag

That's a stupid reason and not true.

>feels bad about it one time
If you read his notes in the dlc he is saving money to retire and generally tired of all the bs even if he isn't remorseful for killing.

well you're a fag who will die alone.

>New Dishonored won't let you choose between,
>Corvo, the Man with the Mask
>Emily, the Rat (Wo)Man
>Daud, The OG Whaler
Or
>Billie Lurk, the Witch Whaler

Who all meet up in Serkonos after Emily's dethroning for whiskey and Cigars.

no
he deserved only death and he knew it

spot on

no but i loved his character so yah

I haven't played the dlc yet

Seems like a cool guy though

>no but yes
ok

hes really not
an awful person with absolutely no morals or redeeming features
but hes the protagonist, so he must be good, right?

i mean may be he did not deserved it in general cuz he was killer but for me he did

I haven't played the dlc yet user why are you scolding me

Absolutely not.

Did not deserve what?
He chose it himself, he knew very well this wont be a normal job.

Even when i go full no lethal i killed him, fuck that faggot.

I've killed him, because I thought Corvo at the end would kill him anyway even if he redempted or not.

Killing his lover was big mistake for everyone

he saved your daughter you piece of shit and literally saved whole dunwell from being delila's puppet

Corvo would never know about that tho. So he would still kill him

>literally me: the thread

whoops

I hope he will be still bad ass in 2nd

Why make baseless assumptions then?

just the impression I got from the encounter during the main campaign

One right dosnt undo all the wrongs
He might have finally did something worthwhile in his patehthic life, but fr his life only death is the correct anwser

Shall we gather for whiskey and cigars tonight?

You mena the part where he kills the empress?

I was all set to kill Daud, went to the trouble of murdering every other Whaler I came across. But by the time I got to him I just couldn't do it. He was so goddamn miserable I thought it would be a more fitting punishment to let him wallow in sadness for the rest of his life. And I pick-pocketed him so he'd also live in constant fear that I could find him again and finish the job.

Why is he wearing mp40 magazine pouches? Is he a nazi?

Chances are good.

Chances are good.

the part where you lose your shit and you had to get it back

I wish Dishonored 2's protag monologues were less frequent. Daud was perfect.

Very few of the leading characters in this game deserve redemption, and really you don't redeem any of them. Just because they're alive doesn't mean you've redeemed them.

Dishonored 2 is out?

No, but the dozens of gameplay videos of the Clockwork Mansion show that the player character comments on fucking everything in case a brain dead player is too dumb to figure out something obvious.

Never doubt it.

enough players thought so which is why he was officially spared for what will ultimately be more dlc for the second game.

Ah. Well, I haven't seen those videos, but I assume that the Clockwork Mansion is the first level, no? In that case, it would be justified for the character to comment on stuff as a tutorial.

I'm guessing it's early on, but probably not the first mission. The design of the area is fairly complex and there are unique difficult enemies. The character you use still talks too much, like pointing out how they can climb in the spaces between walls when a wall moves or how they should try another switch in case one doesn't work.

>absolutely no morals or redeeming features
He goes out of his way at great risk to himself to save emily. I'm not saying that pardons his past crimes, but saying he has no redeeming features is just not true.

Who knows. His fight and his whole spiel during my non-lethal first run won me over enough to actually spare him. That he fully expected you to execute him then and there is just cherry on top when letting him live. I'm a sucker for redemption stories though so that might just be me being stupid.

second one

killing '' all equally " corrupted nobles does not seem that wrong to me

Daud is the perfect example of good villain design.

Eh. He didn't deserve redemption, but I let him live anyway because the mental image of him going insane after realizing that I was literally right behind him and just robbed him blind from a few centimeters away instead of confronting him was way funnier than the mental image of just throwing his corpse off of a building.

Since they are literally reusing the same plot and characters from the first game will they have another Daud DLC campaign?

He is dead, Jim.

You can kick his ass and then walk away.

Yeah, but that was my Ghost run.

Should I buy collector's edition or ordinary one?

Corvo killing him is canon.

wait really?

Proof?

I really hope it is, but knowing Arkane he will be alive and appear in game

But he was the best character in the game
Whhhyyyy

Really? I assumed he'd be a bum somewhere since it seems low chaos was the canon ending

it was already confirmed he lives, you really think zenibeth would pass up such an opportunity to jew us for dlc?

Go back to your ship nigro traitor

I wish there will be save transfer with choices or at least conversetion at the begining of the game via Witcher 3

No, plus going full edge was fun as fuck and fit his character/abilities better.

Corvo is low chaos, a guy who's just trying to save his daughter and clear his name.

Daud is high chaos. An assassin who doesn't value human life and gets his just desserts.

He deserves a chance. If they bring him back in 2 he better still be making up for it. One and done isn't enough, he's got a lot of sin to pay for

To be fair, Daud's DLC was far better than the main game.
Dishonored was pretty nice in that the extra content added was essentially an old fashioned expansion rather than the usual crap DLC most games get.

I played it the opposite way.

>old fashioned expansion

DLCs were way to small to call them that

The heart could have told him something of Daud's redemption if she wasn't so bitter/the devs wrote the DLC earlier

If they were really expansions each campaign would of been as long as the main game instead of being 3 missions long

>Daud's DLC was far better than the main game.

It was far more challenging and had a better plot, but I thought the level design was weaker desu.

Can Dishonored 2 live up to its potential and not be that game you play once and think "Well, that was alright I guess."

Welp he fucked up anyway, just look who is main vilian in 2nd

That's exactly what I meant

Opposing Force is still the best one

It was basically one but split into two parts.
The price of both added up wasn't that bad and is what you'd expect for a singleplayer expansion.
Not quite as long as the main game, but it was certainly good and worth the cash imo.

I know I was agreeing with you

If it's Dishonored 1.5 I'll be happy. The first game was already unique and replayable enough to warrant me getting the second at release.

bethesda's fault?

That's why I'd like to see him come back, he's got unfinished business plus it would be neat to see the dynamic between Corvo, who forgave him, and Emily, whose mother he killed.

Looking at the clockwork mansion stuff I'd say so. It seems to have good replayability in one level alone

For splitting it? I doubt it.
I'm pretty sure it had to do with dev time and them already planning it as being two smaller split arcs as a part of one big Daud campaign.

Arkane is one of the few OG rpg developers that is committed to good games. They might make a few missteps but the overall experience is pretty good.

really underrated studio if you ask me. if they had died with Troika they would have the same martyr status as troika does.

>says lie one sentence every 15 minutes
>wish he talked less, too much WORDS
people like you are the cancer of this industry

Anyone reading the comics?

First time i'm not sure what i did, but the game said i let him go.
I also didn't kill him in my clean hands playthrough
I liked him in the DLC, but i still think Corvo would kill him in any scenario. Even in pacifist playthroughs i kill him.

There are comics?

Then again going by the quality of writing in the series so far i doubt they are worth much time.

he is a cool guy you stupid faggot
literally destroyed the cheeky anglo empire singlehandedly with a swift strike

Fourth level actually, but we don't know how many there are, I guess it should be around the end of the first third...

Does your mom deserve my dick?

Think carefully

Nope. But I spared him anyway.

>Beth holding FO and TES hostage when they have a competent dev like Arkane working under them

Life is suffering.

redemption is ultimately a utilitarian concept
if someone can be redeemed, that is, if they will change their ways for the better, then that situation is better than just killing them, regardless of if they deserve it or not

Can you dump it?

Wrong

twitter.com/Harvey1966/status/620295832626196480

Still crying about that dice game?

She pulls his sword out of her side user, I think he did his job and somebody brought her back from the void.