What's Cred Forums's favorite space game?

What's Cred Forums's favorite space game?

Mine's Elite? Nu-Male's Sky is not a space game.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_flight_simulation_game
twitter.com/AnonBabble

X3 for soft space. Moded KSP for hard space

Spore
Super Mario Galaxy 2

>X3
Did they fix X4?

Those are not space games. See Freelancer for a space game.

StarBound. it's better than terraria desu.

>numale
Stop.

How are they not space games? Both literally take place in the void of space with spaceships and shit.

Rebirth is a still a failed console version of X. Make-up on a pig.

>>>>/tumblr/

Dead Space

Why do you even try?

>Mine's Elite?
Well it either is or it isn't, we can't answer it for you

Mass Effect tbqh

I would like to say TIE Fighter but it has been I don't even know how many years since I last played it so maybe I would find it hasn't aged well. I got it off gog again, but I don't have a flight stick so I've been hesitant to try it, as I remember the mouse control being a nightmare.

Space games

>have spaceships you can pilot off-rails
>in-depth ship combat system, often involving disabling enemy ships by targeting certain components
>trading system with a logical economy
Space game is a genre that describes mechanics. You don't call every game with character customization an RPG, do you?

numale detected

If this
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Space_flight_simulation_game
is what you are talking about nowhere is it refered to as "space games"

saying "space game" is like saying "cowboy game" it's about the theme not the gameplay

>he doesn't know what space game means be default

Have I slipped into the Bearenstein universe? Am I Mandela effecting? Space game was a wildly used term, or are you just under the age of like, 20 so you weren't around when space games were released every other month.

All this time I thought Wing Commander, Freespace and Colony Wars were space games

How wrong I've been

Because this describes Kerbal SO well

So apparently I can't say that TIE Fighter is my favorite space game. My bad.

There is something immensely satisfying about it. I mean, my absolute favorite of all time is probably Freelancer, but without ancient disks or piracy you can't play that any more. This thing was an absolute little gem out of left field though, and has actually managed to be GOTY 2016 for me so far.

Universe sandbox 2

>Lego Star Wars The Force Awakens
>Starbound
>Nyan Cat: Lost In Space
>Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth Rising Tide
>Star Trek Judgment Rites
>Lego Batman 3 Beyond Gotham
>Borderlands The Pre-Sequel!
>Alien Isolation
>Defense Grid 2
>KOTOR2
>Awesomenauts
>Doom 3
>Spacechem
>Spore
>Mass Effect
>starwars battlefront 2
Just a few of the gems Steam lists as "Space Games"

X3 Albion Prelude my dude.

Space Rangers 2 HD I guess

I love it too user. For some reason I kind of burned out on it though and haven't felt like playing it again in a while.

There are Tau now, might keep things interesting

My favorite game in space is SS13.
My favorite space simulator is probably Elite: Dangerous. I can't say I really like the genre though. It's a great concept but execution is chronically terribad.

Other recent game releases made me pine for Freelancer again recently. Luckily I still have my original disk.

I am constantly saddened by the failure of everyone to make a single worthwhile follow-up or spiritual successor to it.

Is Elite comfortable to play with kb+m?

I played it a few weeks ago because I forgot how tedious and boring it actually is.

The story missions are quite fun, but everything else is just boring, repetitive grind. Also ships look like ass.

>tfw getting high, listening to bossa nova and driving around exotic planets

I miss undergrad

eve

I dunno if it's been updated, but I shied away from it initially because of the reports of it's shitty ass controls if you didn't use a joystick. Other bullshit since then kept me away, though to be honest at this point I can't recall anything except the control scheme sucking.

this