Can someone tell me what the deal is with this game? Seems like no one ever talks about it...

Can someone tell me what the deal is with this game? Seems like no one ever talks about it, and that it gets overshadowed by link to the past. It may not be on the level of link to the past graphically, but it has a much better charm and sharper gameplay IMO. ages seasons and this are all amazing but seem to not get nearly enough recoginition. why is this/

what do you guys think this game does well? poorly?

People are retards who fap over Malon and Saria.
LA is leagues better than LttP, OoT, and MM
Marin best girl

I wouldn't go that far but LA is definitely the best portable zelda (not counting remakes)

I'm not sure where you heard any of this
LA is the second best portable zelda game, right behind LTTP
Also link gets it on with a seagull

LA is my favorite Zelda for sure. Not portable Zelda, just Zelda in general. Never was a huge fan of Seasons or Ages, though. All the Capcom Zeldas feel a bit off to me somehow and I can't get into them. Not sure exactly why that is.

LA is probably the only story I've seen that made "it's all a dream" a good plot twist.

>LttP
>portable Zelda game

Spotted the underage b&. LttP is a console Zelda, bro.

Its late user, give me a break. I had the snes version but i played the GBA one a lot more because i could carry it with me

>Seems like no one ever talks about it

First Zelda I played.
It's a huge part of my childhood and always brings back memories.
Never thought I'd see a thread about it here since all of you are younger than the GBC version of it...

I guess I'll start a new game today :)

Have to disagree with you Link between worlds is objectively better portable zelda than LA

Original version is superior to gbc

I fucking love the unknown island and windfish theme

I cant think of a single reason why it would be better
>ib4
>muh atmosphere

>color dungeon
>photographer

It was shit, dude.

The screen warp glitch was fun to fuck about with but had no real application as I recall

I recently finished this game from my backlog after dropping this game for like half a year. I don't remember too much of the first half, but I really liked the last 4-5 dungeons. They all had a neat central theme or goal. Like the one where you have to chase that Stalfos to get the Hookshot or the where you have to knockdown the Four Pillars to get to the boss. I really liked the final dungeon where there were mini-bosses everywhere even though they were just recycled from earlier dungeons. It really did feel like all of the monsters were trying to stop you from waking up the Wind Fish. Though imo the biggest problem of the game was whenever the text hints would pop up telling you how to destroy obstacles. That shit was mad annoying and unavoidable sometimes.

>it was all a dream

>I used to read Word-Up magazine

great zelda game, still to this day I think it has one of the saddest endings

Super Nintendo Sega Genesis
When I was dead broke man I couldn't picture this

OoA > OoS = LA > ALBW >>>>>>>>>> ST > PH

I've been playing this game very slowly, at a pace of about one dungeon every month or so.

I've been plying it so infrequently because, while I do enjoy it, I get frustrated with it quickly. The fucking dialog boxes that pop up every time you touch a heavy pot or smashable rock or whatever are fucking annoying, and you have to CONSTANTLY pause and inpause to switch items in like every room. I wish this game would get a remake where you can switch items more easily, because it's a wonderful game but it's held back by Gameboy technology.