Star Wars Galaxies thread

Star Wars Galaxies thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HUB-XjhHfgY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Played CU and NGE, currently experiencing the glory of Pre-CU in SwgEMU

wasnt this game shut down like ten years ago

I heard it had potential but sucked

It had potential and reached it, but then it was taken away. It was shut down 5 years ago.

It still hurts.

Loved this game, even though a lot of aspects of it were shit.

Fuck SoE.

God I miss my fucking ETA-2 Interceptor

How is SWGEmu doing?

Same old.

They're working on fixing Jedi and after they finish ground game its onto JTL. JTL will take a fuck ton more time too.

They just fully re-implemented vet rewards, so they're making progress.

AYYY what up? Gorath (pvp server) here. I quit around when every jumped ship after the NGE. Fuck everything.

So much nostalgia rushing into my head right now

Not looking forward to that. I played from hologrind through until the end of the JTL beta. I hated the content added by JTL itself and the changes it caused on the ground to pvp.

I don't really miss the game anymore. I'd love to see another mmo with it's initial bold ideas and openness, but since Blizz redefined and then killed the MMO genre, and with today's absurd graphics requirements, nothing new will ever take those chances again.

If SOE had had half the freedom with the license that Bioware has now in their shit mmo, the game might still be alive (though it would still be managed badly because SOE).

ugh who gives a fuck about jedi, there's already a dozen other serves with not only jedi turned on but far better progressions system than the korean grind village, i wish they would movie on to jtl and hopefully try to bring back atmospheric flight.

Yeah, I want JTL back more than Jedi as well, to be honest. I want my ships back.

>tfw i have a free 14 trial disk of the game from the Star Wars: The Best of PC Collection

bump

All games this day are shit.

>mfw I remember SWG is dead

Korean grind village made being Jedi worth being. It was a symbol of dedication (or to a lesser extent, autism) and commitment. You know they worked their ass off to become Jedi.

I was world first teras kasi master at launch. Played the beta like mad

that game is legend.

Not questioning you or anything, but how did you know that you were the very first?

ERP'd with so many cantina sluts in this game. Memories.

I bought this game as a kid not knowing what it was. I was deliberating at Best Buy next to my mom when some random young adult male came up and recommended the game. I was like "okay" and got the game. It was only during the installation that it dawned on me what I had done.

It required constant internet (of course) and all and all it was far from what I expected. I was very frustrated. I asked my mom why that guy would recommend this game to a kid the way he did and she suggested he was a plant. I was distraught. I thought I had been hoodwinked.

Eventually I got over it and made the best of the one video game I could get for the next 6 months or so. I played one profile as an engineer or artisan or whatever. I had some fun but generally found it really tedious. I played it sporadically for a few months and then never touched.

/story

>When they all were afk...

unless someone got it before me, logged off to hide from search and never logged in again and never posted about it, I'm pretty sure I was first.

but you're right, I can never know for certain.

I remember thinking as a kid that SWG was only the beginning and that advances in tech meant that MMO's could only go up from there... How wrong I was.

Game had a ton of potential, and was the last great sandbox MMO. It was just overly ambitious and didn't have the kind of staffing to make it right.

what's the closest modern mmo to swg? Ffxiv?

youtube.com/watch?v=HUB-XjhHfgY

Good Riddance.

The Repopulation

>Connection to SWG Lost!

God damn that is bitter as fuck.

>Good riddance

What did he mean by this?

Dude I would just sit around the Eisley cantina all day and troll people. Everyone hated me. I was a really obnoxious fuck back in the day. Glad I grew out of that shit.

Remonds me of the last moments of OG Planetside.

It had a lot of potential and most of it was met then they streamlined much of it and made massive changes to the class and combat. Subscriber numbers tanked and the game never recovered.

The devs shut the current version of the game down, switching to unreal 4

Nah I play FFXIV and its basically a WoW clone.

Repopulation is very heavily influenced by it, so is another one -- i want to say Divergent Online but i could have the name wrong.
Not sure about either on quality but believe they're both still in development.

I would expect Crowfall to have some SWG aspects as they have Koster, but obviously way more pvp focused.
SWGemu is fun but the basilisk server, while the most populated, is full of multiboxing bitches and the economy is pretty fucked and will be until it the project finishes. There are other servers that sound decent with different rulesets and changes but I haven't tried them - the "community" is pretty splintered, sort of like the WoW private server scene but smaller (exact same type of arguing autists, however).

I'm probably forgetting some obvious more recent or modern games that have a SWG feel but they are pretty uncommon.

Started this game pretty late but I managed to put in a year and half before it shut down.

At times I think to myself that I wish this game was still around, was a cool Starwars game from what I had experienced.... I know there is a few private servers but I have trouble putting in a grind on something unofficial....Hate wasting time on servers that go inactive.

>tfw nge jedi became a thing
>my goal in pvp was to kill them first every time, no matter what

I was from Farstar but I don't know why anyone would resub to this trash just to see it get shut down.
There was 1 point during the NGE where the devs updated it and it seemed like they knew what they were doing and then it got even worse than how it started out.

I miss it bros.

Fuck WoW for making every MMO follow it. We'll never have another MMO like SWG.

>You will never be a lonely bothan prospector
>wandering into the dunes for days at a time, only rarely seeing passerby in the distance
>camp for the night in the shelter of a stand of cracked rocks
>another wanderer asks to share your fire, and offers to perform a sensual, restorative dance in return

love this game but damn it was tough to RP some of these situations.

It still hurts.

Why do you have to remember me, user.

Europe-Chimaera player reporting in.

*Remind me.

Fuck.

My English is getting worse by the day

the non combat classes were comfy.

>nobody's sharing screenshots

come on guys. i bought it back in the day but my toaster couldnt run it.

I wish I still had mine

i'm still wondering where its my vanilla wow pictures ,
i dont even know where are my swg pic folder