Are gaming mice just a meme or what?

Are gaming mice just a meme or what?

For my entire gaming life, I've never used a mouse with more than about $15 from a random jb hi fi or coles, and I've never noticed any real situation where I've felt that my mouse was too slow or whatever.

Spending 80$ on a mouse seems kinda crazy to me

Other urls found in this thread:

on-winning.com/cs-go-config-setup-settings-monitor-mice-sensitivity-pros/
amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Devastator-II-SGB-3030-KKMF1-US/dp/B01CDYAF28/
amazon.com/SteelSeries-Rival-MOBA-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B01K3DM0WY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1475572423&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Steelseries rival 500
youtube.com/watch?v=qp46JeDDTCw
youtube.com/watch?v=cAEb9a-dltk
youtube.com/watch?v=s6VtBtqmFJk
youtube.com/watch?v=lc7JVjcPzL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>buying """"""""gaming"""""" anything
Literally overpriced trash

yes 12K DPI is unplayable, also can't detect some surfaces like a smooth cutting mat for some reason, works perfectly fine on a wooden table

I have an M65 and the M95 scimitar

shit players buy them thinking they will improve.

they are a super meme. I have a top of the line razor mouse and it feels exactly the same as a regular one.

That being said the forward/back buttons on the side are very nice if you can get them. Invisible optic is also much nicer than you would expect. Wireless is also pretty cool. I bought a Logitech Wireless Mouse M510 recently and I like it a lot.

I have a mouse bungee on my main computer and I actually like it a lot. It seemed like a stupid gimmick but its actually pretty cool.

They're objectively better, but its like people who by a mercedes, how much it's worth is subjective

What exactly makes a gaming mouse better than some cheap mouse I buy from the supermarket?

See, these are the kinds of scrubs you ignore, who think it's all about fucking competitive thrash. A good gaming mouse has better ergonomics and usually more buttons than your typical $10 one, and is always a good investment.

I know there's a tier list chart of this shit, but what's a good CHEAP AS FUCK mouse I can buy for general use and gaming?

I'm not a super 1337 player or whatever but I do play lots of FPS

Why does that look like something you'd buy in a DIY store? It's not even recognizable as a mouse.

I've used an Intellimouse optical for more than 10 years without any aiming problems and it's 400dpi. The dpi thing is horse shit, you just higher your sensitivity and it's the same thing in practice.

>better ergonomics

Barely any are ambidextrous designs.

>but what's a good CHEAP AS FUCK mouse

Microsoft intellimouse optical 1.1a. Not made anymore but you find them on ebay from office clear out and second hand.

Buttons

Senses smaller movements better. Cheap mice wont detect small gestures, they often have software that smooths lines, so your perfect tracking of a head bobbing up and down while moving laterally is reported as a straight line that hits somewhere between head and groin.

Is it a big mouse or a small one?

I have long fingers

Small.

fuuuuck noooo

I'm so fucking sick of mice being so small

Is Razer really that bad or is it something that Cred Forums shitpost?

"Gaming" _____ is a meme. It literally means nothing but that the people selling it are trying to cash in on what they think is a stupid demographic with a lot of money.

It's not like Medical or Industrial Grade.

overpriced shit that isn't worth it unless you are seriously an MGL quake-con tier level player.

t. some poorfag still using a 560ti

Gaming anything is retarded

Perfect sensors are not

razor products quality fluctuates between good and shit, no middle ground, either you get a okay mouse that doesn't break in 3 months, or you do

>use a dell mouse from 2005. pic related

what mouse should i buy so that when im in a game I can turn my character around without my cursor having a fucking conniption fit

The only good thing I heard from Razer is the Deathadder and the elite came out so I was thinking of getting it since I'm in the market of getting a new mouse.

A mouse.

Mionix Castor or Naos, depending on hand size

I use a 502, best mouse I've had since my old mx518 died a few years back.

I personally can't recommend a razor mice since I still haven't had a good experience with them

I use a rival fade

It's be like some JV kid buying $300 sneakers. Yes, they may be better, but it'd only be responsible for 3% of your performance, and the rest is your skill.

As long as your mouse is comfortable to your hand, you aren't gonna see any difference in your performance from a $20/$30 mouse to a $100 mouse.

if we're talking cs then no not even close, I would never trust a $20 mouse in an official match that's retarded if you're perception of gaming mice being made for skyrim and moba's then yeah you don't need a good sensor for that.

I use this.
Once you get used to having so many buttons you just can't go back.

I use a mouse that has 1-12 number pad on the left side, near my thumb.

It only cost about 30 dollars, and improved my dota 2 skill via quickcast.
>does the international allow professional dota players to use custom key binds or do the HAVE to use default? I was always curious

naos 7000 has the second best sensor of all mice aswell

It's not a meme, there are shit gaming mice and there are good ones

the question is whether the price is worth it to you or not

>gaming mice

His team didn't win, his opinion is irrelevant.

This is basically accurate. I've had at least one of every razer mouse since the original boomslang.

Sadly I seem to fall into the small percentage of people who didn't/couldn't adapt to it. I believe Razer said it was about 12% in their testing of the original Naga. I basically found the more I used it the less I was using my left hand hotkeys

I wanted to get that for FFXIV, but then I read about their shit software. Did they fix it yet?

Looks uncomfortable as fuck. Should try the Steelseries Rival 500 when it comes out.

see

that is the point, to reduce left hand hot key usage. For FPS I never take my hand off of the WASD and I use legacy sprint if available because pressing the key with my pinky gets really uncomfortable, especially after long periods of time.

It might look uncomfortable but I have only started PC gaming about 2 months ago, so I adapted to it real well. I kept having cramps on my left hand and had trouble remembering hot keys for most games. My right hand does all the work, which has made me able to adjust to PC gaming quite well.

pressing the SHIFT key* is what I ment to type.

G600 here . Excellent taste.

I have the Logitech version of this. Really enjoy it.

I use a cheap chinkshit, nothing to complain for now.

what makes a gaming mouse so good anyway? i like using my standard $10 mouse anyway.

>Want a mouse with a tiltwheel, some side buttons and similar shape to the Logitech G9
>Doesn't exist and everyone else price gouges on G9s
Fuck.

depends. I use a mouse similiar to the one you responded to, and the side buttons plus adjustable DPI make it perfect for RTS, FPS games alike.

what the fuck is a DPI? wtf is an RTS?

>you will never have a 10-button ball mouse

A friend told me the Cooler Master Xornet feels like a G9. I haven't tried it out myself but it's a pretty cheap mouse (as low as 20$ on Newegg with discounts sometimes) so it might be worth looking into for you.

DPI is dots per inch, basically changes how sensitive the mouse is. I use high dpi in dota, but low dpi for rainbow six siege so I can sink those headshots without my mouse jumping around all over. RTS is real time strategy, which is technically what dota is. MOBA is such a generic acronym, call of duty is a MOBA by its definition.

Dots per inch and regional transit service

The RAT 7 was actually a pretty comfy mouse desu

The extra buttons are almost necessary for a lot of competitive games.

can't you just change the mouse sensitivity in the computer settings?

>2017
>Not using a mechanical mouse with Cherry MX Blue switches for left and right click

Shidongo

Do the side buttons eventually become easier to press?

I couldn't keep my mouse stable while moving around and clicking the side buttons, not to mention the shift button being a pain to not accidentally press all the time.

>bought off a friend second hand
>had it for years now been treated rough on occasion
>still works perfectly
I had never had a gaymer mouse before this one, but fuck me I need all those macro buttons now. Makes every game so fucking easy when you have every important function bound to your mouse hand.

How do keypad mice work? Are the keys bound to the numpad keys?

indeed you can, but having it on the mouse allows for versatility. Taking a FPS for example, you can have a high DPI and do your quick 360 turns and when you are aiming down sights you can switch to low DPI for more accurate shots.

might want to look into the G502, I keep hearing people give it high praise

>he actually changes his windows sensitivity

well i'm extremely new to this so whatever.

you can re-bind all the keys to whatever you want user

I've had no problems with the side buttons, may just be a problem with you. I turned the g shift button into reload/weapon swap works well if you keep your ring finger on it.

ignore him, he has to talk down to people in a 2 AM thread just to feel superior in any kind of way.

i usually set my dpi to 350 for fps and i have a toggle for like 30 dpi so i can snipe at like 1000m where a pixel is a huge movement. I also have a toggle for 8000dpi that i tape in turrents and stuff if I need to whip my head around really quick. Most games usually have a dpi cap or something but its an easy click to max speed whipping my neck in like dogfights or an rpg on the opposite side of the street.

they are also nice for recording buttons or voip buttons

aren't all mices mechanical?

>wtf is an RTS
Neo fucking Cred Forums, everyone.

Just buy this, don't need more

I use one of these, and while it takes some time and effort to get used to the positioning of all the thumb buttons, after doing so I don't think I can go back to a more traditional mouse.

Because Windows settings give a 1-10 only and don't actually affect dpi, causing pixel skipping when turned too high and too jerky when on low.

You don't want to do that. That will just fuck up your muscle memory and you can do 180 turns easily on very low edpi as long as you have a big enough mouse pad. (55cm for 360 as I have)

I use a logitech g500 and honestly it's spoiled me. I can now never buy a mouse without two thumb buttons, an unhingeable scroll wheel, a high dpi, and the ability to change the dpi on the fly. For general use and vidya I use 5,000 dpi, but step it down to 3,500 for things that require a little more precision, and further decrease it to 1,500 for extremely precise movements. As nice as it is it is finally dying as left click is randomly double clicking when single clicked and both left and right click are releasing when held down.

also
>there are people in this thread who legitimately hate functionality and think dpi doesn't matter

That's not what I mean

I'm asking if the keypad on the mouse takes the place as the numpad

>1500 extremely precise movements.

my 400dpi for everything laughs at you.
Try a bigger mouse pad.

I don't think so? I think the onboard profile defaut binds them to shit like insert pageup and pagedown, but I'm not sure since I haven't bought one

It can take the place of numpad, regular numbes and even fucking letters.

>I use 5,000 dpi, but step it down to 3,500 for things that require a little more precision, and further decrease it to 1,500 for extremely precise movements

Bahaha, funny trollpost dude, almost had me.

Do people use these mice for anything other than games? I can see the extra buttons being useful for CAD and productivity shortcuts.

I've had one for about 3 or 4 years now, would recommend it.

Can get one from newegg for 40 bucks.

>I want this low dpi meme to die

it takes the place of the numbers on your keyboard, but you can still have your numpad with its own key binds. I am not sure why you would bind those keys though, depending on what game you are playing it is too much room to move your hand to press numpad.

>Tfw still using an old wired Trackball mouse
I don't think I'm capable of properly using a normal mouse again.

web browsing, copy/paste, image viewing, all sorts of shit user

That looks big as fuck. I can't see this mouse being good for small or medium hands.

you will, if you'd only try

Next thing you'll tell me is that mechanical keyboards aren't just meme equipment for hipsters who like loud keyboards.

Many pro CSGO players use around 600 dpi.

Use your arms and bigger mouse pad. You can do 180s perfectly fine once you're used to it. Dpi switching is a meme that will mess up your muscle memory.

It's 400, 450, or 800. No one used 600.

If I had to sure but for playing games I like having to only move my thumb to look around

It is big as fuck, had to get a new mousepad to accommodate it. It's comfy as shit in my hand tho

and? do you also switch your aspect ratio to 4:3

I said around 600. There will be pros that use higher dpi, lower dpi, or even 600.

>are you really trying to tell me NO PRO uses 600 dpi? how can you be so sure about something that is completely subjective for the comfort of the user?

>my 400dpi for everything laughs at you. Try a bigger mouse pad.
It has nothing to do with a mouse pad as I have a large desk and don't use a mouse pad. It has everything to do with comfort (and to a lesser extent skill) so I would never go under 1,000 dpi even for photoshop.

>Bahaha, funny trollpost dude, almost had me.
Once you get used to a high dpi you cant do without it, and honestly it has made me better at vidya as I am moving much faster than most people but with the same precision.

Forcing yourself to use extremely high DPI doesn't make you look cool, it makes you look like a tryhard faggot rofl.

Some people here actually have mousepads larger than a nicotine patch.

I am just saying it is not a meme. It is a subjective experience, who the fuck are you to say is and is not acceptable?

Well shit, don't think there are any small or medium mmo mouses then.

I have a mouse pad the size of my desk, I don't try to force my self to use low dpi setting just proplayers are using it, you tryhard faggot rofl

>how can you be so sure about something that is completely subjective for the comfort of the user?

not him but there's literal proof no one uses 600 dpi, at least not in competitive CSGO.
on-winning.com/cs-go-config-setup-settings-monitor-mice-sensitivity-pros/

I'm not saying it's not acceptable, but I hate when people say it's the "right" way to play

Just buy a good branded mouse that looks like would fit comfortably in your hand. a4tech and compaq mouse are good and you can buy one for at least 10 bucks, ever lower than 5 in the bargain bins.

Thank you for shedding light on that. I was not arguing from a place of fact, just common sense but it is nice knowing this information for future reference.

agreed. As long as you are comfortable with the experience there is no wrong way to play.

If you have a big mousepad you won't even notice the size, it's really comfortable and it helps me pvp

I buy logitech gaming mouse, they are so far the comfiest.
Most mouse doesn't matter, just play some osu or something if you want to git gud at "aiming"

How does having a big mousepad help with holding the mouse if it is too big?

How small is your hand?

18.5cm

adopting the fingertip grip seems to help me adapt to almost any sized mouse

At work I use a rather old Fujitsu Laser mouse, and at home I have a steelseries Rival 300 Optical. Both roughly at the same sensitivity. I really think there is a difference between the two in terms of how fast and precise I can click on one point.

>tfw tiny hands
>finally find a mouse I can use well
>it's shit and starts double clicking on single clicks in less than a month
>buy the same mouse thinking it's just bad luck
>it wasn't, they're all likely faulty
Fucking hell.

I have small hands but prefer palm grip for general use, so G502 (at home) and M500 (at work) suit me perfectly.

>gaming monitor with g-synch/freesynch is trash

nope

Just buy the logitech g-"whatever it is right now" and you are fine

>I use legacy sprint if available because pressing the key with my pinky gets really uncomfortable, especially after long periods of time.
It's the fucking worst, isn't it? Most of the time I just rebind it to the forwards thumb button

Yes, they're mostly a meme because they're overpriced as shit. You can find some decently priced "gaming gear" that's great. For example, I'm currently using pic related. I wouldn't spend anymore than $100 for a keyboard and mouse combined.

amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Devastator-II-SGB-3030-KKMF1-US/dp/B01CDYAF28/

I have this one and the g400s
I wish the g402 was a bit heavier, I really like the extra thumb button but it feels so flimsy

>>there are people in this thread who legitimately hate functionality and think dpi doesn't matter

More like 15 yo who are salty because they cannot afford it. Because there is no fucking way that anyone who used a decent mouse would go back to the $5 shit for any other reason than the decent mice being too expensive for them.

>tfw using the red light variant of this
My nigga.

Any of these good?
Logitech is cheaper than the Razer ones, but the middle one comes in wireless.

I really want a mouse with buttons on the side.

>but the middle one comes in wireless.
How are wireless mice nowadays anyway?
My dad had one >10 years ago and I just remember that I hated it because the batteries were sucked dry in no time. So I never got one.

zowie ec2a or ec1a

Well if you can wait, you can get yourself the SS Rival 500.

amazon.com/SteelSeries-Rival-MOBA-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B01K3DM0WY/ref=sr_1_cc_1?s=aps&ie=UTF8&qid=1475572423&sr=1-1-catcorr&keywords=Steelseries rival 500

Need a mouse that isn't overpriced garbage. Any ideas?

the g402 is alright and not too expensive
goes on sale at amazon quite regularly, too

I got a brand "new" 2013 razor death adder for like 20$ I think. Worth every penny

So I've decided to get a mechanical keyboard but I'm kinda torn between red and black switches. I heard that red switches make people instinctively type lightly, but I am going to still be regularly using rubber dome keyboards. So would black be better or is it a non-issue?

Also I heard some keyboards with macro keys are pretty finicky. So lets hear some experiences with keyboards with either good or bad macro functionality?

try to get some hands on experience with it, black and red are kind of similar with red requiring less force, I used to accidentally type things when I'm resting my hands on my keyboard so I'm using black switches,
youtube.com/watch?v=qp46JeDDTCw

Personally I'm using brown. And I'm thinking of replacing the rubber dome keyboard in my office with my own money because it fucking sucks in comparison.

Reds are super senstitive and it's taken me a long time to get used to it. I do like it for gaming more, i find mapping things to Alt/Crtl and other outter buttons more useful since it's so touchy/

The best mice aren't a waste of money, but there's plenty of mice that are completely useless.

anyone got some experience with the Sharkoon Draconia black?

For typing browns are best, for gaming reds are best. Reds are also not as loud as the others.

I use 2000 or 3000 dpi for everything. Once I got used to it, my skill limit in everything went a shit load higher. I only use one extra button even though my mouse has 2 thumb buttons because I just can't get used to using more. I also can't use more than 4-5 buttons on my keyboard. Wtf is wrong with me and how do I git gud?

It's more of a convenience thing, like;
>being able to change sensitivity while in-game and not having to open up the options each time
>being able to easily unplug when your friend brings his PC and you have to budge over
>more sensitive left and right mouse buttons for quicker reaction
>push to talk on mouse
>melee on mouse
>customizable hotkeys
I personally set mine to control volume and my music player, as in pause, next and previous. I worked at a computer hardware store during summer last year so I got this and my keyboard dirt cheap.

>keyboard has a little monitor on it
>glowing keys
>they change depending on which game you're in
>little monitor can display either kills, time spent playing, damage dealt or NPC/messenger chat while on one setting
>other setting is just a clock

Deathadder is godtier, everything else tends to be shit.

>needing all that shit on a mouse
Fucking why? So you can fap while playing your shitty weeb simulator?

I use thumb keys in desktop use all the time, it's nice to have browser and music controls always so easily accessible.

Why don't you just go to Fry's and test out the switches? You can also buy a switch tester online and see which on you want.

Go for Gateron switches though since the concession is that they're superior to Cherry.

I have it, I had the regular version for years. Solid mouse with a "thumb button" that's so comfy I'm never getting rid of it.
I have a green version for my laptop and the black for my PC. I also had a G502, but it had the typical Logitech shitty quality, so I returned it.

I fucking hate my deathadder. Scroll button stopped working a year or two ago, left click button broke a few days ago. Synapse is fucking shit in general too. I have no idea why so many people recommend this shit. Replaced it with a cheaper Logitech mouse that actually feels more comfortable.

I'ts comfy and macros are very useful

that's all I can say

you can kill me now Cred Forums

thanks i am looking for a good middle class mouse, so itll be that one.

See

>my mouse uses cpi instead of dpi
>not sure what the difference is

just for you
youtube.com/watch?v=cAEb9a-dltk

Aren't those metal knobs uncomfortable?
Apart from that it could be a regular gaming mouse anyway if it had a solid casing rather than the segmentation.

I laugh at these sorts of threads everytime. I've had a shoddy 10 bucks mouse and I'm in the top percentile of mp pc games. Gaming mice are truly a meme, and even though I work, I could never justify spending that much on a fucking mouse. Just get good.

>posts a YouTube video
>for a phoneposter
Good job sempai.

As long as my mouse has at most 2 extra buttons on either side and decently high DPI, that's all I need. Anything else is just someone overly obsessed like that one friend we all know who spends literally thousands on his PC and only plays Overwatch/CS:GO with it(and is still shit at anything other than bhopping/surfing etc.)

I'm sure you can figure it out :^)

Are you retarded?

The diffferences in the sensor alone are night and day.

"Gaming" gear is worthless in a number of cases such as headsets, but with mice that's not true.

You definitely want a good mouse if you play anything even remotely competitive.

>but with mice that's not true.
Probably because almost every mouse that is not $10 crap is called a "gaming mouse" for some reason.
They use that label a lot more for mice than for other stuff.

>people can't comprehend the difference in the quality of parts
I bet you fucks but Chinese made knockoff clothing and shoes as well, brands like Reobek, since it's all the same right, why spend more money on something that you can get cheaper?

I'd buy a relatively cheap one with 2 extra buttons I can program.

>not paying 80 dollars for a simple white armani t-shirt

your hand doesn't reach the nobs and the segmentation is all for having a firm and soft grip of it

I bought the version of that mouse that only had 5 buttons and the DPI switch.

The left click wore out, and this was after a month of use.

>your hand doesn't reach the nobs
Oh, alright. It looked like they'd be constantly pressing into your palm

When I hold my mouse, half of my right palm is resting on the desk to the right side of it.

Not sure how to explain, but what is that kind of grip called?

Does anyone have a top down view of mouse grips?
I think it's like a hybrid claw grip but it's the only way I can hold a mouse somehow.

Does the mionix avior 7000 absolutely need a good mouse pad?

Bought the g502. Had insane buyers remorse for the first 2 days necause my hand would hurt.

Now ive adapted and its the comfiest mouse ive ever used. Side buttons are easy to use and comfortable. Switching between dpi settings with the 2 buttons on the top left is good also.

I put melee and push to talk on the side buttons, my last mouse had none so its been a major upgrade

I miss my rat 5, i fucked it up by removing all the parts just to fuck the rubber texture off.

It died before due, my fault.

Still, your point proves nothing.

>Switching between dpi settings with the 2 buttons on the top left is good also.
I have the 402 and am still getting used to those. Sometimes I hit them accidentally.

its called the "i'm over 17 and my hand is normal sized" grip.

not quite the same, but I use my pinky for extra control

Brought this, it was COMFY AS FUCK.

The battery blew up in it while i wasn't using it after a year.

NEVER pay good money for madkatz.

I got a wireless g700s logitec it's AMAZING.

The only reason I upgraded from my 15 year old logitec mx 1000 was because I wanted something different, the battery has never even gone in that mouse, it was awesome.

I only use logitec shit for all of my gear because I've had a good run with it (0 issues in the 20 years I've had logitec.

I use a g510 keyboard and, apart from the buttons being fucked because i pulled them out, it still works fine, they're fucked because there's a slight squeek now, but I don't care.

If you buy anything else other than logitec for expensive shit then you dun goof'd.

I use to work retail selling this shit, razer, turtle beach would ALWAYS come back, it was fucked, I NEVER had logitec break on anyone, because you pay for what you get with them.

People say "WHY DO YOU SPEND $150 ON A MOUSE" I say because they're comfy as fuck, why do you cunt, spend $200+ out on the town of a weekend pissing up all your money? yeah fuck you that's why, go fuck ya self and save up and buy good shit.

If you want CHEAP AS FUCK, get microsoft shit, they're reasonable comfy and last.

Well what I'm saying is I know there are people who do a really hardcore claw grip where no part of your hand even touches the desk, but that shit is really uncomfortable

And full palm grip is impossible for me too

Yes, my ring finger and pinky touch the mouse's right side and guide it. I mostly do wrist movements.

I use the same set. Best budget combo by far

That's why you set dpi with a certain way, like holding down the button for two seconds, and you have a dedicated button for sniping.
But oh your 10$ shitbiscuit mouse can't do that.

>But oh your 10$ shitbiscuit mouse can't do that.
But I have the 402...

Shut up!

Also, if you want a GOOD MOUSE MAT.

I use to use those frabric pieces of shit, or paper and then I thought fuck it, and used my desk, got use to it and now, I brought this youtube.com/watch?v=s6VtBtqmFJk

NEVER had this shit go because of the fabric was rubbing, it's ALWAYS good to use and doesn't make my mouse (since I use a g700s I don't have my lazer skitz out, unlike cheap as FUCK mice) skitz out, and the texture of this mat never wears out, it's like $25au, it's fucking AMAZING.

Except the edges can be a bit of a cunt but, you can suck it up and not buy it, like a faggot. I don't give a fuck, I'm not you.

Youre logic is so bad, I'm not sure if your trolling, or just retarded

Havent held 402 but i havent hit it accidentally, yet.

To be honest tho i dont really changemy dpi that often so im considering putting something else on the top buttons

To you people who use mmo mouses such as the g600 and Razer Naga. Do you use all 12 buttons on the side?

I rarely need to use all of them since I don't play MMO's, I use them when I play minecraft and shooters, other times I bind them to something else

Gaming mouse usually equals to a mouse with several macro buttons for most efficiency + some ergonomic structure and high DPI.

This one is good for low dpi players.

I want the new logitech g403, heard it's really good, but it has a wheel rattling problem apparently

>I could never justify spending money on a solid peripheral I consistently use
I think you are just poor, bro.

Sensor, your cheap supermarket mouse is inaccurate as hell and uses multiple correction assists that fuck everything up
Ergonomics
Thumb buttons
Build quality

any mouserpad I use ends up being fucked up within a few months

what do

had a steelseries qck last

They also use asstiny resolutions so the comparison kinda sucks

I just got my paycheck. It's more of me being a stingy cunt jew when I look at it. Just leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Always baffles me when people have machines that cost them $1500 upwards but then they have shit desks, shit chairs, shit keyboards and shit mice.

A good chair can cost a lot though desu
And why does your desk have to be special?

I'll never stop telling people to stop buying glass desks

>A good chair can cost a lot though desu
You can get pretty decent ones for around $150. If you spend basically all day sitting in them it is definitely worth it.

>And why does your desk have to be special?
Doesn't need to be special, but I have seen so many people who have a desk that barely fits their mouse and keyboard next to each other.
That was more with regards to size than anything else.

>glass desks
Whoever thought those were a good idea for anything but decoration needs to be shot anyway.

I'm not gonna buy meme gaming chairs and keyboards just to shitpost about it.

I don't think you can solve that easily. I used plastic pads, but they get ruined on a few years as well. I think a metal sheet covered in ceramic paint would be the best, but right now my mouse have metal slip pads as well, so it might not be a good idea.

Logitech G502 is bretty gud and widespread on Cred Forums apparently.

My desk is a flat wooden table that was like 40 bucks. It's big, so flat and smooth you can use a mouse even without mousepad and has more than enough room for everything.

Yup. All you gotta make sure of is that your mouse laser is accurate/precise and that the buttons work.

I keep seeing people with good rigs putting everything on their fucking glass desk, and it always makes me anxious

I had a Microsoft wired keyboard and mouse combo and thought it was the bees knees casually and competitively. My friend had an old Razor Death adder and gave it to me, the second I put my hand on it, it just felt completely different, all the movements on the mouse were so much more precise and when I tried the old mouse for comparison, it didn't feel the way i remembered it, it felt shit. So I'd say, spend what your comfortable with, Steel series make good mouses that are $50-$60 Aus. Just try one. If you have a friend who has a gaming mouse, go to his with your mouse and compare them. I don't think anything over $100 is worth it but you never know. That's my experience.

Yeah, it looks gayman as hell but it's actually really good

zowie ec-2a / za11/12/13
or
logitech g402/g502/g403

Is what I'd go with, any of these

>not using a trackball mouse

enjoy your carpal tunnels

I kinda dislike how the newer Logitech mice from the G series keep drifting more and more into the gayman look.

The g400 is still the nicest one

Hello. Longtime PC gamer here, been playing since Starcraft 1. Mostly play MMOs these days, but occasionally mobas, Diablo, and random RPGs. I can safely say that the Corsair Scimitar is objectively the best version of this type of mouse, with absolutely no contenders. I have used the G5/6 from Logitech and the Razer Naga/Epic over the years, and just got the Scimitar one day because I saw the adjustable thumb numpad.

The software is a little difficult to get used too, but once you understand that its setup the way it is to maximize options, you just need to slow down and set it up properly. It has more options, superior layout, better physical chasis, superior durability and longevity, superior software, and the design when you hold it in your hands with the numpad actually adjusted to work with using the tip of the thumb instead of the entire thumb the way the Naga does, you'll understand why this mouse is the best one of its type.

The fact that you can adjust the numpad on the mouse to perfectly fit your hand was what lured me in, but its actually got a ton of thought put into it that leaves the G6 and Naga in the dust. Scimitar is the way to go, no doubt. Better design, better quality.

It's all about the sensors, polling rate and ergonomics on gaming mice. Most gear that is branded as gaymen gear is a huge meme but mice are the golden exception to that. The difference between a regular nobrand mouse from BestBuy and a Logitech G502 or Razer Deathadder is night and day. But you won't know the difference if you've never tried one.

it's nice that gaymers might actually get something nice though

Why do you guys keep recommending Zowie mouses when then they use huneo switches? They're hard as fuck to press down and isn't suited for gaming.

I use a zowie with hueno right now and they're not hard to press at all.

Moreover they don't run into the double click issue that many mice with the omron switches end up getting .

Zowie have incredibly good sensors and no bullshit driver gimmicks.

You mean the software that turns off in the middle of gaming?

>mouse being relevant in Dota II
We are obviously talking about online FPS games

i thought it was all bullshit too, but i bought a deathadder and it makes an absolute world of difference in shooters.

if only i had friends to play shooters with

Mice are very relevant in MOBAs

Has never happened to me even once, and I'm on an old asus G75 laptop with windows 10 hackmaw installed over windows 7, so half of my laptop is completely fucked. I have had a million errors, but that's never been one of them. It wouldn't matter anyway, because you can save your settings into the hardware of the mouse, so even if the program did stop working (which it never has) it will continue its operation without a problem.

Just put it to 6/11 and and never change it.

Guys, G402 or G502?

Get a G502 then, that one is heavier

Ones in your pick certainly are, but in general proper, fairly expensive ones from good brands are good. Much better than your average shit mouse.
I've used "MMO" mice for a long time and they make using the trillion skills so much easier. I dont have to reach out on my keyboard or do any bizarre bindings. I just have a row of buttons next to my thumb that I can use when needed. Took a while to get used to it though, but once you did. Its something I could never imagine living without.

most q3 and cs pros have used intellimouse over the years and that thing costs like $5
"gaming" mice by large are a complete meme like everything with "gaming" slapped on it

So like, the more your mouse looks like a fucking Transformer the better it works?

go with the G502

From my personal experience 'gaming' mice are pretty good if you rebind a few keys or so to the extra buttons they usually have since pretty much all the fingers of your mouse hand are being almost useless anyway, it helps heaps especially if you are playing a game that has keys you need to constantly press that are either on the other side of the keyboard or too numerous to press while doing other shit like moving with WASD and aiming with a mouse as well

So what other gaming mouses are coming out, because I don't want to deal with Razer and Logitech?

>Spending 80$ on a mouse seems kinda crazy to me

I went up from $15.00 mouse to a $60.00 one and I noticed a difference in gaming. The more expensive one felt smoother and more accurate, even though the shape of the one I bought isn't that great in my hand.

>Want a cheap, simple, backlit keyboard so I can be comfy at my desk in the dark at nighttime
>All of them are "gaming" keyboards with a bunch of gimmicks and features

>I just want a normal keyboard with lit keys

Help

Not really, there are also decent mice that don't look like they were flown in straight from Cybertron.

But generally mice are the only peripheral where the "gaming" thing does not exclusively stand for overpriced crap. They just call everything that is above bare-bones 2 buttons+wheel "gaming"

Also, like with every other tool in the world, a more expensive version of the tool won't suddenly mean your skill with it increases tenfold, it just makes the task easier and more comfortable.

I cant begin to tell you how helpful two thumb buttons are for gaming.

>dark souls: left and right hand control on just the mouse
>kf: melee and flash light for panic moments
>chivalry: block, primary, secondary, and tertiary attacks all mapped under your hand

You dont need it by any means, but spending a little extra for QoL features like customizable software, extra buttons, or weight control can make your experience more enjoyable.
Besides you dont replace mice all to often, $50 every 10 or so years seems pretty affordable to me.

Ravcore Valvravn.
It doesn't have any gimmicks other than backlit.

If i will use something for 8 hours a day ill get a quality product. Dont buy "gaming" brands or youll pay for leds and branding instead of build quality and sensor. I got myself pic related and its fucking great.

>he doesn't use a footmouse

Fug

I always see people getting through expensive mice in about a year or two then forking out another £60-£80 on another one.

I bought pic related four years ago for £20 and it feels no different to a super mega ultra giga gaming xD pro MLG moving parts and spiky edges with lots of lights mouse. They're definitely a meme.

My right mouse button is nearly fucked after all this time and I'm going to get another one, plus they're cheaper now.

that looks like a bicycle seat with integrated buttplug

>feels exactly the same as a regular one

please point me to a regular one with an identical feel to a top of the line razor mouse

>I always see people getting through expensive mice in about a year or two then forking out another £60-£80 on another one.

Do they get mad and smash them or something? Never had a mouse that gave up in less than 5 years. Most of the time I just replace them because I see something new I'd like to have (happens maybe every 3-4 years) rather than them breaking down.

>They're definitely a meme.
No, they're not. Seriously, you guys are so retarded. I would destroy any one of you in Quake 3. But yes, if you play farming simulators then it doesn't matter much.

>some 15 year old on Cred Forums is shitposting while using one of these right now

>12k dpi

How is that even playable unless you set your sensitivity all the way down to zero?

Anything over the native resolution of the sensor is just utilizing an algorithm to "interpret" what you're actually trying to do. You'll skip pixels and have derp cursor lines.

youtube.com/watch?v=lc7JVjcPzL0

The RAT is a garbage mouse. I didn't just have one big problem with it, I had EVERY problem with it.

I got a zowie fk1, works great, has no drivers, and looks like a regular mouse instead of the typical gaymen crap.

i had that mouse too, no such issues for me. for me, the sensor started to get my mouse stuck onscreen

why did logitech have to start making everything ugly as fuck

I had a G500 that I loved for 3 years, then the M1 and M2 developed double click. Everything new Logitech makes looks retarded or has idiotic decals.

I went with a Corsair M65 but I really miss that Logitech smooth momentum scroll wheel.

master race

I was able to get the Titanfall version of that mouse for $15 when it was originally like $120

A couple of weeks ago someone gave me a gaming mouse as a gift, first, it did not detect the surface of my desk i was like, fine, grabbed and old pad i had.
After that i noticed that the 'ergonomic' shape would make my hand sweat like a motherfucker.
Also had problems when moving up or down for some reason.
Fuck that im back to my 3yr old shitty genius and it works perfectly.

Can't you set the sensor height to detect the surface better?

Gayman mice are often shit. Spending 80 dollars plus on a mouse is to get one with a perfect sensor and no acceleration plus an actually ergonomic shape.

I think it's because most people don't clean their mouse just like most people don't clean their keyboard or computer.

Also, does anyone know any future mouse to look out for? I haven't heard shit about anything new coming out of Zowie.

This so much. I use a Sharkoon Draconia Black (pic related) with two side buttons and one button under the thumb (plus a button on the right side of the mouse too) and can change DPI on the fly, having some leds indicate the ammount of DPI and it's awesome.

I always play DooM and CSGO with 8000DPI (lower when sniping)

I tried but it's not able to do that, also i wouldnt use it even if it could, as i said i noticed i had other problems with it as well
Bare in mind i was trying to use it since it was a gift.
I would post a pic related but i dont remember neither the model or brand, but just to make things clear, the mouse is actually really comfortable to rest my hand on, but i cant move it properly when held like that. also it makes my hand sweat since it doesnt leave any area unsupported.

Once you try the Cherry MX Red that Corsair uses in their Strafe/K90 models you won't go back

I got it, see It's very recommended if you can get it for about 30€

READ THIS

LOOK AT YOUR RIGHT HAND
LOOK BELOW THE WRIST
IS THERE A DARKENED AREA? THAT'S FROM YEARS OF BROWSING THE INTERNET. IT HAS BECONE CALLOUSED AFTER YEARS OF ABUSE.

I actually have bone enlargement in the corner of my palm where I rested my hand for decades. Get on my level.

This
Anything with the label "gaming" slapped on is a ripoff and a meme

$30-$60 price range for shit like keyboards and mice generally show in quality, anything higher and you're just burning money.

I've never had that, I guess I just know how to use a mouse properly instead of some kind of caveman.

Can someone explain to me what "G Shift" is on mmo mouses?

Get a small switch tester kit, I'm loving my MX Browns.