Game only runs at 59 fps

>Game only runs at 59 fps

Sounds like you have a garbage game OP.

59 FPS is objectively worse than 30 FPS. Unless your monitor refreshes in some bizarre multiple of 59, you're going to get an uneven framerate with some frames being displayed longer than others, which is extremely distracting.

30 FPS may not be pretty, but it's better than having jarring frameskips.

>game runs well at 60 fps
>turn off V-sync
>manage 70-85 FPS
>game stutters the entire time

Do you have a 144Hz or above monitor? If not, there's literally no reason to aim for anything above 60 FPS, because your monitor physically can't display it.

I do not, just a 60hz

I'm also embarrassed to say I did not know this

Well, now you know. Keep that V-sync on.

Thank you user

>game runs only at 1079p

>game needs to run on 59 fps

>Game runs at 22 fps breaking the silky smooth illusion

>what is input lag

>game is hard coded to an FPS because programmer is a retard

fuck nuclear throne

>game runs at 144 fps

>game runs smooth at 30fps
>stutters at 60fps

>fps game at 300fps

>game is physics locked to 60

Every Bethesda game ever. I had 60+ FPS in FO4 and my character would get stuck on terminals all the time, limited FPS to 60 and it never happened again. I guess I should've known better from the previous games huh?

I dunno I've always been able to run Bethesda games (Oblivion onwards) at 90fps locked. over 100 gives problems but I find 90 is fine.

Morrowind you can go 200+ without issues.

Sure you CAN run em 60+. But the physics do break a whole lot more. To be fair in Skyrim only swimming got fucked for me at 60+, and slightly more physics fuckups. But I generally limit FPS using ENB anyway.

I know its about physics problems, but I've never had any locking it to 90.

>I like input delay please rape my face

>there's literally no reason to aim for anything above 60 FPS
You get more input lag with less frames and vice versa. It probably doesn't matter unless you're playing a MP game, but it is a valid reason.

>objects/people at a distance run at lower fps

V-sync causes a fuck-ton of input lag. The main appeal behind something like G-Sync is that it doesn't cause nearly as much input lag.

>Musou games

>game makes the Kessel run in 11 parsecs

Cred Forums still doesn't know frame pacing is more important than frame rate.

>loading screen doesn't have a frame cap
>hear coil whine

>WoW character select
600 fps, SEND HELP. I quit WoW a long time ago atleast.

>yfw the original Game Boy ran at a silky smooth 60 fps

it's your monitor setting.

Check to make sure your refresh isn't set to 59.94.

mirror's edge without v-sync would have a very visible tearing line slowly going down the screen until hit the bottom and then show up at the top again

>game runs

Try 30FPS, at these is a fix for Bioshock 1.

>Turn on modem
>It runs away

Don't use v-sync it adds a ton of input lag, just cap the framerate at 60fps through the ATI/Nvidia software if the game does not have an FPS cap option.

You do realize the input lag caused by v-sync is only relevant in first person shooters that require extremely precise mouse control?