TFW in 10 years people will be saying how amazing the dialogue options were in Fallout 4

>TFW in 10 years people will be saying how amazing the dialogue options were in Fallout 4.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=why the prequels aren't so bad
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

who are you quoting, dipshit

HATE NEWSPAPER

Just like how everyone is now saying the star wars prequels aren't shit. I don't understand how people can find anything redeeming in those steaming piles of dogshit.

>tfw in 10 years people will be looking for their wife's son in Fallout 5

Yes
No (yes)
Give me more caps (also yes)
Sarcastic yes

>Clearly non-hostile option that sounds more reasonable than the other options
>Ends up being the "Fuck you, I do what I want" dialogue instead

While some things were amusing, the dialogue wheel was so fucking bad without mods. You seriously don't know what the MC will say because of how vague and incorrect some(most) of the options are.

Bethesda made the options vague because even they, in all their incompetence, realized that the dialogue may as well have been simply a cutscene for the difference the "choices" made.

The musical score.

At least they did one thing right when they did the male voice acting for the Silver Shroud quest. Being a corny 80's action hero while futuristic madmen called you crazy was the best thing this game had to offer.

How the fuck do you take so many steps backward as a game designer for a game in 2015 that ends up being less impressive than a game from 1998?

I guess, but it sounds exactly like the original trilogy score.

>do I fit in yet

>can't say "Uh... doggie talk?" for a third time
Shit game

The battles in Clone Wars new and also still the most jedis. There was some shitty moments in the prequels, but it was parts of the movies always suppose to be there. Episode 1 was the most irrelevant to the plot, but still had some of great action that Lucas always wanted to have, in a time when CGI was still new, and difficult.

ANYWAYS

Fallout 4 was a degradation of the core mechanics that were fundamental to the original games.

Even the FPS element that was good in Fallout 3 and 4 were not even a part of Fallout, as it was turn based, so the VATS systems in Fallout 3 and 4 were even worse since every shot was gibs madness because FPS = GIBS since fucking Duke Nukem.

Fallout should have always been more like Mass Effect and less like Quake Arena.

It's interesting at least they had VATS in there to at least reference the original fallouts...

Next up Monkey Island shoot 'em up clone with RTS elements.

So nothing then? Do we play video games to listen to music that is nearly identical to the score from the trilogy 40 years ago?

Fuck, low IQ dialogue is too good.
Seconding this. It'd be tacky, but in a good way.

No they won't. They don't even say that about Oblivion now and that game is more than ten years old.

>Dialogue wheel literally carries over into the structure of the paid DLC
>Do you want to ruin everything you have worked for in the main game?
>Yes
>No (yes)
>Maybe
>Later
Nuka World was such a shame. Great concept, but an absolute nightmare for roleplaying.

For the uninitiated, Nuka World is Raider themed. If you start the main quest of the DLC, you can never partner with Preston again, and anything he happened to be carrying is forfeit. If you decide to be a moralfag, you have to skip the entire thing and simply murder the raiders. The only way to play the middle ground is to visit the outskirts of the map, featuring roughly seven significant locations, then leave without playing what you paid for.

At least Far Harbor was good.

Look, the plot of the prequels was such stupid bullshit it's hard to believe anyone could have accepted it, regardless of how famous George Lucas is. The first prequel might as well have not even happened. It was so irrelevant to everything that came after that it's mind boggling.

The actual PUNISHMENT for low intelligence is the subtlety of the game.

When your options are fucking GRUNTS and broken english.

Admittedly Fallout 4 did stats a bit better, and the power armor was cool, it would have been a much better Fallout Tactics 2.... especially with the base, should have made it more RTS woulda been fun. Could have pretended to focus less on story, instead of pretending to focus more on story elements.

With power armor like that would have been like a mini mech warrior game... shit... that sounds a tonne more fun and more evolutionary, than just devolutionary.

Did anyone here drop this game near launch? I played for like a week and just couldn't play it anymore. It didn't feel like fallout at all. It felt like some other game but with a fallout coat of paint over it.
Also the ending got spoiled for me so i really had nothing to look forward to.

Everything about Fallout 4 was just a giant middle finger to everyone. It was shit, they knew it was shit, and they also knew it would sell regardless.

I tried a few early mods just to fuck around with things, but for the most part I was done within a couple days.

Now I'm just waiting for the sex mods.

>gibs madness because of muh duke nukem

Confirmed for never playing the original Fallouts.

I think it was done that way, because the fact the other 2 movies might not have happened. It wasn't like everyone thought Star Wars was still relevant in the 90's.

There was doubt from George that the movie would even be popular... he just wanted to make a Star Wars movie the way HE ALWAYS WANTED TO.

It wasn't as much for us as it was for him.

I still fucking loved pod racing, and the varied places the movie went to. Instead of just desert, death star, jungle, snow or cloud city, there was some distinction to the series.

Even TFA doesn't do that, but still has a rich Star Wars story that rivaled Lucas.

The only downside to the prequels is the character development. It's something that was underrated except for Fallout.

hopefully the mods would make it better, and it did if you like minecraft.

I played it off and on for about a month and never picked it up again

Yep redditors always praise fallout 4 for its dialogue, its actually in their top 5 games of all time list

No, they started saying that after Disney acquired the Star Wars property because Disney is paying people to market the series and make it profitable.

I'm hoping and praying that they improve upon the settlement system for their next project (likely ES VI), and simply remove the negative aspects.
>No story missions based on building
>No Invasions, or at least a functioning system for auto-defending
>No Far Harbor puzzle simulator missions, what the flying fuck Beth
>More functional, less minecrafty utilities

I have absolutely no hope for them to get back to writing good dialogue or anything. This is all I ask.

Is this nigga for real? The first of the prequels was called Episode 1. They had every intention to make at least one other. Also, Star Wars never waned in popularity for 40 fucking years, as the comics, toys, video games, novels, and remasters will tell you.

You must be a millenial who saw the prequels when you were 5 or 6. That is the only conceivable way that you could see anything redeeming in those movies.

It's become pretty common to wait until Bethesda has released all the DLC before really getting deep into the modding. Often months of work will go to waste because of a single patch, so most modders probably want to wait for the final version before really committing.

Bloody Mess was a perk. Not a requirement. that slowed down for every fucking enemy as you have to awkwardly watch slow motion skulls roll around with distorted sounds, but could actually SPEED UP THE ACTION in the game to make it faster, not slower to bog it down and stretch it out to make it feel "LE EPIC" MAD MAX/ MATRIX EFFECT.

No one is saying it's not used enough. I would accept it if it was the last guy that signified the area is safe, but it happens like mid battles.

>Episode 1 was the most irrelevant to the plot, but still had some of great action

The ending fight between Maul, Qui-Gon, and Obi-Wan is nothing but choreographed ballerina trash where everyone purposefully leaves themselves open, swings above and below people and at each other's lightsabers. It's shit. And when Qui-Gon dies and Obi-Wan gets mad it's still shit. He's pissed off as fuck and wants revenge but woops still gotta do backflips and stupid nonsense like that.

They should just make an RTS RPG with mini Power Armor mech and just stop trying to be Fallout 2.

They don't even understand what Fallout is. They still haven't topped Panther Armor really.

Jesus fuck, no fucking settlement building please.

Nope was 15 and was the key demograph for the movies and had all the books and stuff about it before it came out. couldn't have been more an autistic fan of it. George had doubts about the movie.

I mean Star Wars was 70's, he didn't think it was still as popular.

You didn't need bloody mess to see over the top gore.

I played through it once when it released and haven't played it since. The only thing I really enjoyed was turning god mode on, fuck grinding for resorces, and building settlements. The gunplay is improved I guess, but the guns themselves aren't all that great so it kind of negates those improvements. There's not a single other aspect of the game that it does better than the previous installments. I thought about trying another playthrough now that all the DLC is out and the mod scene has had time to grow, but I immediately lose interest as soon as I start the game.

You could still get bloody mess kills if you got high enough damage on a killing blow

You must be high. You must be. He was living in a mansion from Star Wars money. Money that had been made over decades, with a franchise, not just a single movie. He knew exactly how popular the franchise was. He rereleased the same 3 fucking movies, making various "improvements" each time, and they all sold like fucking hotcakes.

There is nothing redeeming about those movies, and every single argument you could make can be easily dismantled just by taking a cursory glance at that trash.

>I mean Star Wars was 70's, he didn't think it was still as popular.

That's because GL is a fucking retarded, oblivious, hack, who should have had people around him that would say "no" once in a while. That's why the OT is good, they didn't allow him to go full retard with everything.

I sort of want an edit of this where X and A are changed to NOT MY NEWSPAPER and SUPPORT NEWSPAPERS

Thus making the discombobulating head shot blowing off more reasonable. As oppose to that one revolver shot that exploded a guy like it was a .50 cal shot gun blast.

>No (Yes)
This is some Succubus (Male) levels of bullshit

>but the guns themselves aren't all that great

what you don't fucking like pipe guns????

PIPE PISTOL
PIPE SNIPER RIFLE
PIPE RIFLE
PIPE EVERYTHING!!!!!

I thought this was cool as hell for all of half an hour and then I realized this is pretty much gonna be my loadout for most of the game. It makes sense for shitty custom-made guns to be littered around everywhere, and it makes a lot of sense with the stupid crafting mechanic. But then it just becomes ridiculous, finding pipe guns in old war safes and in military bases' armories.

Everything about that game just screams laziness. It's like the game is a big tech demo for the latest frankenstein of the gamebryo engine they keep using for some fucking reason.

Well with the re releases of the star wars movies it's hard to tell if it was the original fans or new fans buying it. This is 1999, pre-internet information.

That said the CGI he was doing wasn't easy either and was new territory for him and almost failed entirely. The gungan battle turned out well because a lot of the distant images were 2-d and were easier to render, and LUCKILY looked good.

There was a lot of risk in making the movie, it was new technology. I think from the work doing remastering the old one they had enough experience but even still people hated Jar Jar, even though he was done well.

You're looking back at it as if, WELL IT'S STAR WARS EVEN IF THE PREQUEL SUCK THEY'D STILL SELL A LOT.

And the meme is they do suck. Did it sell well? You know that now, but not when the first new star wars movie was coming out 2 decades later.

There's no real information to base it off of. Even Star Trek did moderately good later on and they have die hard fans.

So it wasn't till after Episode 1 success that there was confidence.

You can't say the guy wasn't having flashbacks to A New Hope. Lucas isn't the smartest guy ever, just hard working.

Who are you quoting?

I wish the Pipe guns were a stepping stone to an improved gun.

Even the most improved pip gun still looks like shit and that's after 4 levels to upgrade them, shit tone of scrap and special tools to craft them.

WHY DO I NEED A TOOL BENCH IF IT LOOKS LIKE I MADE IT WITH MY FUCKING HANDS.

And that would have been more interesting, that pipe guns were able to made in the field and an improved version on the tool benches.

Even still the iron sights for the pipe guns were just poop. for no reasons.

POOOP

[[[CITATIONS NEEDED]]]?

Repeating phrases, insisting on sameness, difficulty interacting with others....

I'm actually mad that your taste can be so shit. They knew the prequels would sell well because sales of everything related to star wars was still selling well. Fucking everything was selling well. It's very difficult to look back and find anything related to Star Wars in the last 40 years that didn't sell well.

CGI was not really new technology at the time either. Toy Story had been released 4 years before, and Titanic was using plenty of CGI as well.

Lucas was a lazy fuck on set too. Everything was done to be as efficient as possible, so he wouldn't have to move around as much. Everything was shot on set, with a blue backdrop and the explanation that what the actors are supposed to see, would be added later.

Well they are really good. Giving the player the freedom of choice is important in a story rich RPG like Fallout.

Is FO4's dialogue really worse than 3's? I mean the dialogue itself, not the menu.

>YOU'LL PLAY THE CHARACTER WE WANT YOU TO PLAY SO HELP ME GOD

I think if they were, I would have minded them less. But oh my god, the game was absolutely fucking littered with them and you got sick of using their underpowered ass literally as soon as you got any other gun. But even at level 96, they pop up all over the place.

Waaaaay better than 3s as a whole.

Dumbass dialogue wheel still ruins it all tho.

Both games have an equal amount of retarded bullshit and plot holes. It just depends on how you want your stupid delivered to you.

>in ten years your options will be smiley and frowny faces

The dialogue may be okay but the factions are still pretty retarded and you have almost no actual choices in dialogue, it's just yes/yes/rude yes/inquiry

>all dialogue options controlled by Kinect
>choices are Thumbs Up, Thumbs Down, Middle Finger and Shout "FUCK YOU" At the Tv

>retarded bullshit and plot holes

thats not what dialogue is dipshit

literally me

this simply isn't true, fallout 4 was universally panned, even on reddit.

Well because on set was only half the process. the other was in post. Again you love saying CGI in the industry as a whole had been around for a few years and used by a few specific companies, but was still a new process as a way of recording onto film for a director that was use to literally recording onto film using actual props and physical backdrops.

The use of blue screening wasn't used by the director George Lucas in his previous films.

Why you'd think that something that was still in development should be like a second nature to someone then is again, sign of the millennial.

So project whatever bra.

>They don't even say that about Oblivion now and that game is more than ten years old.

Many people here on Cred Forums totally do dude. Plenty of threads claiming Oblivion was literally the pinnacle of TES and Skyrim ruined it all. Along with Star War prequel apologia and FO3 apologia. It starts off as "ironic" but then people start genuinely believing that holding an opinion outside the mainstream somehow makes them smarter. Eventually it gets to the point where you can't tell the difference between the trolls and the actual idiot contrarians.

What game is that??? Looks interesting. You see more then 2 words for the intricate and """""""""""""""important"""""""""""""""" choices for story in the rich RPG """"""""""""""like"""""""""""""" Fallout, and Fallout 4.

You're actually retarded if you think he never used green screen in the original trilogy. Green screen has been in use since the 1940's. It was used a lot in the original trilogy as well. Unless you think they actually flew up into space to get those shots.

CGI was very common in the 90's. Everybody had a good grasp of what it could and could not do.

You're a retard, the prequels are shit, and there is nothing to redeem them.

Any other retarded shit you wanna say so I can dismantle that too?

And that they're suppose to be crude guns and all are the same, kinda makes it worse. like if you had to learn skills to make attachments to them you just cannot find in the field, IT WOULD MAKE SENSE BECAUSE THEY'RE SALVAGED.

I dunno, just didn't feel that way. Like even if it was the models you found in the waste were the same and the models you made were different would be a thing. at least it might seem like all the muther fuckers were getting the guns from the same place in some inside joke later on.

But naw. they only had a budget of 100 Million.

It's okay...

nice cherrypicking. any other RPG would've just given you "Yes" or "No" for this kind of unimportant side-quest, fallout 4 gives you multiple ways of accepting that reflect your character's attitude. And if you don't want to take the quest you can literally just walk away mid-conversation.

YEAH, but those green screens were filling it in with something else that was fucking real, just usually a different shape or size or a painting. but again you can have the model or painting done in advance beforehand to have an idea of what you're seeing since it had to be planned meticulously.

As opposed to now, that you can't really find a fucking limit in what you're doing to the point of even going back into the original movies and changing them too, that were not even green screened. The blue screens back then was the cockpit of the X wing flying over the fields of hoth. BOTH were really actually filmed.

There was nothing imaginary there, as opposed to like the entire EVERYTHING else that didn't have a live actor in it.

You should really learn about filmmaking, it's an interesting journey. I just went to school with it, been to deluxe and done recordings for it, except I want more to music. But I had friends in movies and TV production.

not surprised that you'd think they were the same, but still. The muppets of the past are nothing like the Jar Jars of today.

Yes, this playthrough I'm going with a "Yes, I'm here to help. What's going on?" character instead of my last "Yes, I'm here to help. What's the problem?" character.

say what you want about pillars of eternity, I liked the way their dialogue had options to not actually say things but just nod or stare people down.

So you're saying that Lucas got lazy in making the prequels and just decided to let the computers do all the background work for him.

Thanks for going against what you said earlier about Lucas being a hard worker.

To a millennial that's what Dialogue is.

They'll never understand what it feels like to watch something and be like "this is fucking retarded, there's' no way it's true, and holy fuck is this still fucking amazing"

When we watched Mad Max we didn't have a VSauce or Mythbusters or Game Theorists to explain to use exactly the science behind it.

We just had to go "this is the most amazing shit i've ever seen" but now they've all seen parodies of parodies of autotunes, and anything good is made for china now.

Who is looking for his / her son while having his wife / husband killed I am assuming?

Hold on there, you're getting too far into this roleplaying. If you don't slow down you'll have a hard time getting out of character.

I like that because even if your dialogue failed to convey the emotion OR your audience failed to understand the nuances of the emotions, it's displayed. Make that optional and it's pretty much perfect.

>their dialogue had options to not actually say things but just nod or stare people down.
that works in a mostly non-voiced RPG, but try to imagine Bethesda implementing this with their shit-tier animations

It's annoying because I still have 10 other rescue mission get to first.. that came in some of them months ago....

hope they're okay still, and those 20 zombies didn't kill them yet.

Is that an unedit autism warning signs?

>Implying RoTS isn't a good movie

Prequels have problems but the visuals are top tier as fuck.

is there any other?! :D

Having good visuals doesn't redeem having a shit plot and characters.

Will there ever be another RPG that lets you play as a retard?

would be funny as fuck

Good thing Obi Wan is good, and Sheevs and Padme when Anakin wasn't around.

3 characters are decent. It still doesn't make the movie any better. It's slightly better than the other prequels, but the bar was set pretty fucking low.

>having a shit plot and characters
Just like the original trilogy.

>FO3 apologia
This isn't a thing, stop bullshitting.

k

what? when did anyone start saying that

the prequels are and always will be shit

lmgtfy.com/?q=why the prequels aren't so bad

Or look at the retard in this thread trying desperately to prove the prequels had anything to look at in positive light, and constantly moving the goal posts.

Eat cock

They are shit, but episode 1 is the best movie of this garbage franchise.

Anakin didn't fall hard enough imo because I could still sympathize with him. I still enjoy the movie all around.

Of course it is. They argue that FONV's story was too confusing and didn't give them a reason to care about the world or continue the main plot after finding Benny, that FO3 had better exploration, that it was less buggy, that the world felt more immersive, that it was "comfy", and so on.

It's dumb as fuck but they do exist, whether trolling or not. Give it time and you'll start to see the same for Fallout 4.

That's like 2 percent of every Fallout thread we have and it's usually newcancer, not people trying to be ironic or edgy or because of Fallout 4. 3 is preferred over NV by 95% of the IGN crowd and casuals.

I like 3 but in no way would I ever say it's better than NV. 4 has good loot n shoot and companions but is an abysmal rpg compared to 3 and NV.

If anything people complained the plots were too complicated. It's just the emotional development of the character was stinted, but this is also in a world where Jedi are seen as powerful and don't like emotions, so .... it works on some levels.

It's just sad because the lore of the universe wasn't unveiled but just presented, cept for Sheevs talking about the sith.

And Qui Gon and Obi Wan were great, making 1 third of the films, along side Darth Maul.

The 2nd one being more of a hoard battle that is unique and Jango Fett being another good character with little screen time.

I mean the 2nd movie alone spawned ANOTHER movie (that sucked) but then a 7 season TV series that was actually good and is still considered lore.

I just see Anakin as being shit, and everyone else suffering because of it.

This is why I see Obi Wan as the main character.

If you see Obi Wan as the lead, then it's hard to say the movies sucked that much, but fucking who's face is on the cover?

there was almost as many people playing Darth Vader as many as movies.

>Any Star Wars plot being complicated

You're so stupid it hurts. Characters do things that make no sense all the time. The only complexity is in wondering why the fuck they decided to do any of the stupid shit they do.

Because putting low IQ dialogue in a modern game implies retardation and we can't imply retardation without triggering SJWs being offended for the retards now can we?

>midcombat_skillbook.gif

You would think the SJWs would love it cuz it allows them to self insert.

hurr durrr but also no really if SJWs are all about "representation" and shit, you'd think they'd like having the option to play as a literal retard with sort of understandable pros and cons, while still being able to be the MC who makes a big impact in the world around them.