What video game has the most discs in one pack? I know L.A. Noire had a shitload

What video game has the most discs in one pack? I know L.A. Noire had a shitload.

Myst ( or was it Riven?) for PSX had like 6-8 discs

That's nothing. Some Amiga games come on 10 or more floppy discs.

im mad because my friend let me borrow L.A. Noire and he was missing dick 3 like t-thanks

But that means you never got to the twist!

Yeah, yeah. That's good and all. But what game as the least disc? like half a disc

There is no such thing as half a disk. A disk is a disk, no matter what.

X Files game

What if discs were SQUARE?!

there are people today who still think multiple discs means its a longer game all thanks to FF7

Floppies don't count jesus fuck dude

I hope he gave you a book on freud instead

I think Unreal Tournament 2004 had like 5 discs?

My GTA:V for PC has fucking seven of them DAI has 4 and Fallout 4 has 1 because it just sends you to fucking steam.

I've never played the game but how the hell is that game 4 discs long?

If rockstar could fit GTA IV & V in one this how couldn't the manage it Nior?

What about like a gamecube disc? that's less disc.

I can only guess that the technology used for the character models was space-intensive.

The entire city is available from the outset of the game, if you just want to go out and drive. So it must have been the actual story content that was taking up all that space. I don't think it had an incredible amount of dialogue or anything either. So it must have been the REAL-ACTOR technology. Otherwise, I have no idea.

It's probably that. Game had that uncanny valley problem going hard though.

But first..

I checked his channel recently. I watched 45 minutes on the technical procedures guiding blink animations in SM64. It was actually interesting, because there are like 6 different fucking mechanisms for when a character should blink, probably because team members weren't communicating.

How many discs would MGS4 be if it were on xbox?

It's one disc on PS3 because it uses blu-ray.

Why hasn't PC switched over to blu-ray? PCunts always talk big about their technological improvements, but they don't use disks that are 10 times better? It's retarded.

>Fallout 4 has 1 because it just sends you to fucking steam.
I heard MGSV did this too.

The disc version of GTA V on PC has 7 discs.

Baldur's Gate 2 had 5 discs if I recall correctly. Man, just thinking about swapping discs during installation is making me nostalgic.

Because, Is full of DRM shenanigans of Hollywood jews.

Also Bluray drives are expensive, it is literally better deal with downloading stuff than dealing with physical media.

PC games from around 2004 had a bunch of discs because people hadn't quite moved from cds to dvds yet and games were starting to hit 4-8 gigabytes.

get out henry

Have a bluray and cd/DVD thing on my rig and I got it for 40 bucks off amazon and transfers data really fast. It's not that expensive, but theres almost no reason to have one anymore because digital is just faster and easier depending on your Internet. I can download and install a game faster than installing with disks. Friend let me borrow his physical gtav disks to install when I had shit Internet, and now that I have good Internet I downloading it is just faster for me. Only use my thing to play my bluray anime collection lol.

Thats pretty much the point, a lot of people just deal with downloading stuff.

Also Consoles most of time just use Disks for DRM and install.

The technological improvement WAS moving past optical media entirely, you dingo, it's an irrelevant medium as far as personal computing goes.

There's a reason why you practically never see them in people's self-builts, or even consumer laptops.

You only say that because bluray gaming never came to PC. You'd love to have all your games on a single disk that requires no internet access if you knew what that meant.

Riven was only 5, along with arc the lad collection at 5 discs those were the most on the PS1. Arc the lad collection was 3 whole games though

I remember I had a stack blank discs like this and I'd burn stuff on them and hand them out to friends. The incredulous looks I got were great.

It's a bit more complicated than that. Blurays were becoming mainstream at the same time as Steam and other digital distribution and the demand for better optical media was waning on PC.

Consoles have a stronger connection to physical media, but even that is slowly being phased out.

>You'd love to have all your games on a single disk that requires no internet access
Not that guy, but no I wouldn't and most people on PC wouldn't either.

A lot of boxed PC games do this anymore because it just had a code included for steam.

Or in EA's case you have pic related, saw this at a local walmart and couldn't fucking believe this shit. Literally paying 60 dollars for a box with a piece of paper and a download code.

>You'd love to have all your games on a single disk that requires no internet access if you knew what that meant.
Most single player games work without an internet connection on steam.

I don't know about all of you but I prefer having my games physical.

you could just put the games on a flash drive instead.
It's better than optical media.

2014 was a stupid year.

>still using discs
Consoles are literally decades behind pc it's hilarious

I like physical media, especially books and comics, but if I had everything I want and already have physical, I'd just be a hoarder.

Gamecube games.

GTA V had 7

>You'd love to have all your games on a single disk that requires no internet access if you knew what that meant.

No, they're slow as fuck. Why would I want that? You ever heard of a hard disk drive, son? It's what even consoles are installing the majority of the data to.

Sims Complete collection

This. It's really sexy looking.

kinda want this now just cuz it looks neat.

Reddit tier screecap

XD LET'S STRETCH RANDOM FAUNNY WORDS XD
LET'S MAKE IT AN UNREADABLE CLUSTERFUCK XDD IT'S FUHNNIER THAT WAY XDD

Lost Odyssey

It really is great when it's done right. Too bad it's impractical af.

Why not?

Why?

Has a pc game ever been released on blu ray?

not when its cheaper to stamp out 8 dvds than pay royalties to sony.

I remember only having Disk 3. What an amazing game!!! Worked great as a food plate.

A disc isn't a disk

Disks can be used on any number of machines and can't be shut down by higher authorities. Downloaded games are not tangible, so they can be taken away by government and require you to be monitored online while you use them.

BaldurĀ“s gate with sword coast expansion was like 4-5 disk.

mgs4 for the 360 was pretty crazy

Fuck is that real?
Oh shit I remember Otacon making a quip about changing discs but then shilling bluray

No, it was a joke made by Sonyfags when MGS4 was in the limelight.

Not that they're wrong, though.

>friend buys a game in brick & mortar store
>opens it
>empty case with one single leaflet explaining how to download the game.

>PS3 has muh blueray
>Multiplats still run better on 360

PC games in the 90's

>one got scratched
I really wanted to play that one time and couldn't till I downloaded the whole thing. And I still had shit net back then.