There's no game better paced than Resident Evil 4

There's no game better paced than Resident Evil 4.

No other game achieves that "flow". After you've finished RE4, you can't help but say "Damn what a fucking ride that was."

Prove me wrong.

MGS4

>MGS4
It's not even good by its own series' standards

>Post a game with absolutely horrid pacing and cutscenes you just want to end already.

Bait? Graveyard cutscene feels like a full-length movie.

>good pacing
>QTE, painfully unfunny cutscenes and "codec" conversations constantly interrupting the gameplay

Try again, OP.

>MGS4

MGS3's pacing so, so much better it's not even funny.

>painfully unfunny cutscenes

Sounds like you just can't appreciate cheese.

Super Metroid maybe?

i rather not because i came to the same conclusion just recent as i replayed ps4 version.

>hating on RE4's cheesiness
Why are you no fun, user?

>Rarely takes breaks
>Always action
>Short and sweet
>Easy to replay

now we flow

>Also directed by Shinji Mikami

Noticing a pattern here.

And its all easily skippable, which I enjoy.

I agree.

As much as I love RE4, the game goes completely bonkers halfway through

the early areas are a lot of fun and are appropriately slow-paced, but once you reach the first regenerator you're already sitting on a mountain of ammo and enough weapons to supply a small army

I love RE4, but the castle drags and there is a lot of stuff that feels like it was first draft material that shouldve been cut

I think you mean MGS2

I am just playing it and I am not especially impressed with the pacing, yet again.

This suffices to disprove you, who does not provide proof to refute in the first place.

And to top that off.
>Quicktime events
>some horribly placed checkpoints that make you sit through cutscenes and legwork again
>some frustratingly long sequences without savepoints that force you to play again from the start if you fail

QTE are not bad and 10 years ago they were not hamfisted into every possible game.
You can skip cutscenes so there is no problem and if you die a lot then play on easier difficulty? There is no need for hand holding in every difficulty especially since every RE game has a save point every 5 - 10 minutes.

hl2 has bretty gud pacing.

RE4 should have been twice as short

I also hate every bossbattle because they are without fail complete bullet sponges that have barely anything to do with the core gameplay (limb based damage, melee and juggling through different weapons)

Then again there hasnt been a single RE game with good bosses, the closest one probably being RE5 or RE3 because atleast Nemesis is actually scary and dangerous

I usually wish they would make a proper spiritual successor to RE4 instead of some garbage like TEW though. Something that really has kick in the guns, proper reload animations and maybe advanced tech like locational damage for the player that you have to deal with mid combat (get a giant sickle hacked into you and it stays there? High lethality etc?)

I always hated the part where you leave the castle, jump down into the mines for a cart ride and then return to the castle anyways, just felp like padding even though the fights stay intense.

That one's almost as bad.

>Praising RE4s pacing
>When the island exists

No user, even CVX has Better pscing than 4

>QTE's are not bad

Fuck off, RE4 has dogshit QTE's that aren't fun, interesting or exciting in any way. I almost never died my last playthrough so i can't back up that guy's claim, but i wouldn't be surprised at all if the checkpoints are shit.

That's like, your opinion my friend!
I absolutely loved QTE running away from rocks and robots, dodging various stuff on the way and especially that cart segment where you have to jump out but after that you have unexpected QTE at the last second and if you fail it you need to restart the whole level underground, it was lovely.

>OP is a Small Time

> your hand comes off?

Movies aren't vidya user

RE2 feel more like a break-neck ride than RE4 does to me at least.

Maybe that's because 2 has much faster pacing but they're both great in their own right.

Forget fragmented, the RE fanbase is all but completely shattered. Oh well, at least we're not as fucked as Silent Hill fans.

I think RE3 is the definitive classic resident evil anyways.