I've been getting some cravings to start playing Wow again

I've been getting some cravings to start playing Wow again.

I played from Vanilla-Cata, quit playing due to a lot of the changes made in Catalina, came back for the tail end of Mists which I enjoyed, but ultimately lost interest in again, it didn't quite feel as fun as early Wow.

I skipped out on WoD as I heard it was a disaster, but Legion has me fairly interested again; this seems like the expansion we should have gotten instead of Mists and WoD.

Am I wrong about it? Is it any better than Catalina, Mists, and WoD or is it more of the same?

Not trying to start a flame war, I'm genuinely jonesing for WoW, but I don't want to pay only to be disappointed again.

Other urls found in this thread:

blizzardwatch.com/2016/09/14/patch-7-1s-karazhan-attunement-requires-ilevel-850-followers/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Catalina
Fucking phone

Mythic Keystone runs are the best addition to this xpac. I'd say it's better than Cata, Mop and WoD.

It feels like a more time gated draenor with fewer tangible rewards.

Thanks for the response. Another question for you: I don't have as much time as I used to so I'd have to play a lot more casually, is LFR actually tolerable now? As in will I be able to see all the content without being bogged down by shitters?

You're going to be disappointed. A lot of content is gated behind Garrison 2.0 wait missions and other bullshit. Professions are fucked. Economy is doubly fucked. Blizzard continues to wage a war on flying to pander to vanilla nostalgia fags that don't even play the game anymore.

>A lot of content is gated behind Garrison 2.0 wait missions and other bullshit.
Is this their new version of attunements or something? Do they literally lock you out of dungeons until you do garrison stuff?

>Professions are fucked
Is this in reference to inscription or was there more changes?

>a lot of content is gated behind garrison
the only content gated behind garrison missions is either cosmetic or a mount. the only other gated content is suramar shit which is your typical reputation grind, but done very well. I love suramar.

>economy is fucked
yep

>professions are fucked
the quests are fun, but professions are inconsequential. so true? i guess?

>blizzard continues to wage war on flying
i can only respond to this by saying fuck you.

MoP was really good though.

Inb4 m-muh kung fu panda

I take it you're impressed with Legion? Have you been playing for long, would you recommend it?

samefaf

I said I enjoyed it, it was a lot better than Cata, but I didn't really like the setting all that much.

Why do nostfags always come into these threads with non-arguments? How can they still be butthurt

No it's still awful, do NOT play it, all class rotations still take 0 skill, everything is still timegated, it's still unbalanced, there's still no content

You have no fucking clue. Third artifact slot is locked behind garrison shit. Kara attunement will be locked behind garrison shit as well.

What

I get these cravings too from time to time but then i remember what a piece of garbage WoW is since Cata.

>same arrogant, creatively bankrupt WoD dev team makes Legion
>expecting anything different than a single player mmo timegated to shit

Yeah, pass.

Casuals say that, and there is truth to it. Pandas were in the game in War3. There is also tons of panda related tidbits in all a lot of their production art. But Kung Fu panda was fucking huge, and Blizz cashed in on it. So yes, I acknowledge it.

You can also make the argument that they were throwing their Chinese fans a bone

>same team
what

Pandas a literal april fools joke

Lets make them a playable class, guys!

Youre either a retard, a furry, or a retarded furry. Pick one.

As someone who came into the expansion really enjoying it...

I'm not sure now.

I look at making an alt/secondary character, and realizing I have to do allthis fucking AK grinding again, all this suramar rep shit, and then i'll be behind when it comes to current content.

The game can be fun, but i'm starting to see the cracks in it.

Shut the fuck up

I stopped playing after Wrath because things started to suck. I just got back a few weeks ago, and I have to say it's really good.

If you go back, make sure you have a looot of free time...

Same here. It just seems like WoD 2.0 at this point. Time gates and time sinks up the ass. Reminds me of those cash hungry ios games.

DO NOT. FALL. FOR. THE FUCKING. MEME.

ITS JUST DIABLO 3 MEETS WoW ITS STILL FUCKING SHIT BUT SMELLS DIFFERENT.

>Kara attunement will be locked behind garrison shit as well.
Wrong.

Yeah, I also forgot the multiple 8/12 hour garrison mission shit.

Goddamnit. If you look at it, there's a good game in it still. But it's too mucked up in other shit.

Great arguments and facts you're presenting

make me, fuccboi

LFR is pretty brain dead if you guys can do basic mechanics right. I wouldn't recommend using it to see the content.

You are better off Pugging normal mode

You can also get completely geared through mythic dungeons which is neat.

What? They literally said you'd need followers with 850 item level to unlock Karazhan.

blizzardwatch.com/2016/09/14/patch-7-1s-karazhan-attunement-requires-ilevel-850-followers/

I don't really understand how Garrison missions work, I didn't play WoD, do you have to stay logged in to complete them? Or is it like a shitty iPhone game where they complete even while you're offline?

The latter.

The game will throw 8 and then 12 hour garrison missions at you and you're basically unable to continue your order campaign until they're done. Overall it's like an extra 30+ hours of waiting for a fucking countdown.

Not him but last time I got on the PTR you had to complete a mission through your class hall with 3 830 ilvl champions to unlock kara

>Pugging normal mode
This is viable now? Pugs were rare back when I used to play, even more rare was a competent one.

Also are mythic dungeons basically just heroics from BC and Wrath?

Moreso BC.

Normals=Easy modo
Heroics=Normal mode
Mythic=Actually requires skills
Mythic+=Skill and gear

No, they have a timer and have affixes on the dungeon when you get to higher keystone levels. Like this week, at +4 difficulty, it's sanguine affix, so every trash mob drops a puddle when they die that heals other mobs and damages players. There are a bunch, affixes add on at +4, +7, and +10. Mob health and damage increases by around 10% for each level you go up. You get more loot the faster you finish the dungeon within the timer too.

That actually sounds pretty cool, I really enjoyed doing heroics in BC. This is definitely tempting

He tier mythic+ are much harder than TBC and wrath heroics.

That's awesome, I'm guessing there's no LFD for it though? Sounds like it would be hard with random shitters from Brazil

Shitty iphonr game. They legit released an app for phones yo do them.

If you want to scratch the WoW itch just play a private server.

No, just your guild or the premade LFG tool.

Well normal is pretty easy now, so Pugging could be viable. My friend is 6/7 by just Pugging casually

>awesome
sure . go play diablo3 and tell me how awesome is it , because its the same bullshit of damage sponge till boredon before even 5 minutes in

>if things don't die in one hit, its bad