Mount and Blade

Never played before, Which is the best/most fun and why

Warband. Why? Because you're a faggot. Have fun.

The bannerlord alpha is amazing

warband. there's still no release date on bannerlord right?

Should I get it on ps4 or pc? I have both

Warband is basically an improved version of the original. Really the only reason to get the original is that a few mods don't work with Warband (mainly the star wars mod, 1866, gangs of glasgow)

VC, WFaS, NW are pretty much like mods but better, get them if you like the setting.

Don't fall into the Swadian Knight trap. A big platoon of Rhodok Sharpshooters trumps any cavalry charge and isn't auto-gibbed by lumpy terrain.

pc,there's tons of mods

Any essential mods for first timers?

PC, Jesus christ.
Half the reason to own Warband is the mods.

>no mods vs literally hundreds of mods

it's worth getting NW just because a lot of mods also use the stuff in that. NW is some of the best multiplayer gameplay i've ever experienced too. almost have as many hours in NW as i do in native.

Floris + if you just want a better version of native.

Britawaellla or Prophesy of Plendor if you want a new map to fuck around in.

Anno 1269 for history fapping

>destroying the actual vision of the developers
>this is what PKEKS actually believe

RELEASE BANNERLORD ALREADY YOU TURKISH KEKS

I DON'T CARE IF IT'S EARLY ACCESS JUST LET ME PLAY THE FUCKING GAME HOW LONG MUST I WAIT

Ps4

It's the definitive edition that we've been waiting for.

always play vanilla before modding

>consolewar shitposting in a Mountain blade thread
Is this the lowest Cred Forums has ever gone?

Play vanilla for a few hours faggot. You can't appreciate mods until you know what the base experience is and it's still incredibly fun.

Nivida Shield.

Be careful to not accidentally click surrender, there isn't a confirmation.

>accidentally click surrender
kek

SW mod got ported over not too long ago.

>have a 700-man army
>chase down some asshole with only 35
>enter dialogue
>click wrong button
>lose all my men
Rough stuff.

I've literally never modded warband and it was fun

I did increase the amount you could bet on tournaments

So you modded it.

Rejecting free, optional parts?

??

???

fuck that
vanilla to a good mod like Anno Domini is a world of difference

Tbh If you don't have much time to play, turn down the difficulty a bit. I usually play with it on easy just because I can't be bothered to gather up troops after they die.

Good luck doing sieges in native then. Swadian knights and or Sarranid Marmelukes or bust

You know the developers built the game in a modular fashion in order to support modding right? So much so that they're actually releasing the SDK for Bannerlord.

And if you don't like it, don't download them.

you're right I should upload my mod to the internet so everyone can enjoyit

Anyone played The Last Days here?
Where my uruks at?

I would recommend A Clash of Kings, even if you're not a fan of AsoIaF, and don't know anything about the series, it's still an incredibly polished mod with a huge map and lots of unique features.

shoo shoo casual

How's the singleplayer? The multiplayer kinda just looks like chivalry

The game is mostly about the singleplayer

The singleplayer's the best part.

SP is a sandbox action RPG with lite strategy elements

Multiplayer is more CS but with MB combat and has the added benefit of being alive.

>implying normal difficulty isn't bullshit where you get oneshotted by an aimbot archer cuck

>implying

The single player is a neat distraction for a few hours before the stale repetition of it turns you off. The real meat of it is in the multiplayer

>mfw I play warband but have never seen a mod worth downloading and still enjoyed it

>CS
Counter strike?

>He hasn't burned 300+ hours of his life away in 1257AD alone
Doesn't get more pleb than this, folks.

that's what shields and the concept of standing behind formations is for, user
t. only played vanilla
tho I agree, SP should have more shit to do in the sandbox mode, hopefully bannerlord will fix that

ya in that you have goybux to buy equipment and if you survive you get more goybux to get better equipment

ez
you like history?
Anno Domini
Reconquista
Brytenwalda / the Viking expansion

You like more modernish history?
Napoleonic Wars
Caribbean! (tho it isn't a mod)

you like fantasy?
The Last Days
ACOCK
Pendor

there you go, arguably the very best mods and each one sufficiently different from vanilla

>get around 1000 days past
>lords just joining factions and deserting factions the next day
>literally every lord on the map has like 30 troops and its just utter shit
>get bored and restart

ad nauseum

>associating moutainblade with console war
This is neo Cred Forums

You forgot L'Aigle, but good list nonetheless.

>No Gekokujo

play as a woman, you won't regret it. not for SJW reasons but it adds a lot more depth to your lordly questing and is a sort of hardmode in the early game.

I usually get bored right after declaring myself king and conquering 1 other faction. I always end up just restarting all over again, though, the game is seriously addicting.

haven't tried it, but isn't it a lot like Napoopan wars?

Oh yeah, this one too if feudal japan with OP portuguese troops[/spoiler ]is your jazz

It's a single player conversion of the assets from Nappo Wars. NW is multi-player only

>Being a Nanban
JAPAN BELONGS TO TOKUGAWA

>le brown everywhere
I want to enjoy 1257ad. But this is unacceptable

I never could get into that mod, I found the map too small, and most of the factions only have 1 city and like 2 castles each.

>2 foot long spears

It kinda depends on the region
Italy, Iberia and north africa is the brightest you'll get
Northern Europe in general is a brownfest
I don't have screenies from those places tho

I'm not sure we played the same mod.

>map too small
>basically japan with their prominent clans as factions
You probably need to update.

jajaja

thank you user I will give a few of these a try

Is the is the coming dlc and good

>Wokou and Ronin being good at anything
Nice try, Gan Ning.

you allright nigga?

>be spaniard/portuguese nanban killing gooks in the japanese rainforest
>it ain't me starts playing

>I ain't no fortune YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOne.

Fifer/Piper are the most fun roles in NW.
Fite me

Reminder to always play best kingdom.

Rhodoks and Nords are better.

>being a swadicuck
have fun having your castles taken irrevocably because your two main rivals have better infantry units than you.

Brb taking dhirim :^)

Complete and utter garbage games
People only play it with their friends, because "it's fun with friends" yeah so is poking roadkill with a stick

the singleplayer is the best part though fagmollio

>best with friends
???

>tfw cozy mountain jew
This year is going to be a great vintage, I can tell. Must be all the fertilizer that walked into our vineyards.

>Mountain Blade
>Friends

This except not garbage it's just okay at best
Combat and troop mechanics get old real fast

Meant to ask if the Viking dlc was decent

what a casual
i play ez mode with a character with cheated max stats and super high weapon proficiencies and a fuckton of money, but it's still a chore gathering up the army and conquering those castles and dealing with the lords and kings and all that

Never played it before, but i'm sure I saw a youtube clip of it before
Looked boring and gay, just a 100 guys on the screen forming walls and charging each other.
Completely gay

Is there a mod that adds like a faction based on the mesoamericans (aztecs, mayans, etc)?

I've always wanted to get into mount and glade but mesoamerica has my favorite historical empires and kingdoms and none of the ones I've read about that are in the game without mods interest me that much.

I just want one that lets me kill lords effectively.

I don't want to be faggy and kill every lord I find but I just want to stake out my own castle with a few fiefs and if anyone dares attack me, execute them to serve as a warning to others, instead I just take them prisoner and they eventually escape and come straight back to me the faggots.

>no Warsword
In no other mod you can ride a raptor while blowing away Orcs with muskets.

Closest you'd get is Warsword, meaning you'd have to settle for Aztec lizardmen.

That works, thanks.

I do the exact same thing, I'm undone by the fact that even though I conquer every enemy easily I get so many fucking enemies its an endless barrage of faggots attacking me.

Where can I read this shit?

Nova Aetius

I wanna play Bannerlord so fucking bad.

The originals are on Pixiv from memory but I've only ever seeb the translated ones posted in the mountainblade general years ago

The best faction

> mfw i realized i'm at 900 in Viking Conquest
> mfw i don't even like viking conquest.

Supposed to come out in 2017 but no, no official release date.

Heres one piece of art that I don't think many people see

King Graveth, I'm Rhodok

if I removed that kettle helm, would you die?

It would be extremely couch damaging.

you're a big sharpshooter

>"let it go" they said

u u u u

>King Bane has decided to confer Dhirim for you

>gee tobias, your Count lets you have TWO glaives?

I seriously hope you guys dont play as nips in Gekokujo

LEEEEEEEEEEEE, GAIJIN GETTO OUTTO!!!!

mountain blade has top tier art

NIPPON BERONGS TO TOKUGAWA
FUCKING NANBANFAGS GET OFF MY ISLAND
YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I just want active MP again

what mod

Sands of Faith

make me slanteyed little shits

>sieging a rhodok cities

jesus fuck all those broken shields

sharpshooters OP

Sarranids>khergit>>>>>>>>rhodok>>vaegirs>>>>swadia

prove me wrong

Post troops

any good

Sandniggers are too op in silverstag, but I overcome them nonetheless.

Nice selection there Grandpa. There are a lot of better mods out there now and Floris was always a clusterfuck of a mess.

I absolutely love it.
It can get a bit samey as there are only the six factions alot of which are similar, there isn't a huge variety of weapons and the parties of lords with 150+ troops move far too fast but despite all of that it's probably the most fun I have ever had in mountainblade.
Most of the armours are beautiful, flags flutter in the wind and even through there are basically only three kinds of soldiers the battles are still so much fun probably because they are so atmospheric. It's one of the few mods in which the formations ai works wonderfully and it is filled to the brim with other small quality of life mods. The castles and cities are unique and interesting making the 1 siege ladder more bearable and even the battles have decent scenes instead of always randomly generated terrain that again adds to the atmosphere and makes them a lot more fun.

>Tokugawa
Superior Warlord here

Nanban exist to be exploited.

Tokugawa never

Early Access this year, full release 2017

>No QT Knight waifu
Why even live.

is Warband essentially an older tech soon to be Bannerlord based on what we've seen thus far? I never knew what this series was about and usually disregarded it, but seeing Bannerlord gameplay I became quickly hyped.

Yep, Bannerlord will involve a lot of perfecting Warband's already solid systems, with extra bits thrown in.

similar to how M&B --> warband went

>Want to replay AD
>The baltics and the teutonic order have a shitton of holdings one next to another which means ass backwards pagans can field more troops than empires four times their size
>Hungary and Poland go all the way to Kiev to besiege it while the Golden Horde does absolutely nothing
>Lords get armies for free while the player has to pay a shitton of money to have a meager amount of decent troops
>9 out of 10 battles happen in that one river bed map that's awful for every kind of tactic
>Armors and clothes glow like they're lifted from Assassin's Creed 1
>Armors and weapons cost an arm and a leg for a +1 stat increase

And then I went back to Pendor.

m and b on a gamepad is pretty based.
it doeosn't need a mouse if you dont use archery a lot

more please.

i tried the touhou mod
i didn't expect much
i was still disappointed

>Tfw kill hundreds of parties in my Gondor campaign and never kill or capture a lord

I only have three more

>ctrl+f "dickplomacy"
>no results

y'all need to go on /mbg/ and get the definitive version of diplomacy. Fixes the base game and all of the sex nonsense is optional.

i wish it didn't crash so much

>Nanban exist to be exploited.
haha

Tocans is better. Upthrust for Spears and Pikes is not difficult to implement and there is user's Tocan's if you are incapable.

where do i find these european guys

As much as I desperately want to play a non-buggy mod with a massive map this post makes me feel vindicated in my odd aversion to 1257AD.

>queen Harlaus

a neutral fort next to Otomo lands

I don't really wanna to amke another thread o I'll ask in this one: what's the best mod for warband? I would like a total conversion.

[butt clenching intensifies]

>Fighting the Oda
Get properly defeated, captured, then pledge fealty to your own true master.

>neutral fort
so does it work similarly to the skeleton castle?

I've never really played a M&B mod, what should I try?

>what's the best mod for warband?
depends on your preferences

historic mods:
gekokujo - japan mod, pretty fun but rather low variety, get the gekonewer version from /mbg/
ad 1257 - europe, ME, NA, fun and ambitious, but a lot of minor issues, also bleak and brown as fuck, extremely annoying desu
sands of faith - beautiful scenes, armour and assets in general, tiny variety since its just the ME + part of NA, pretty good mod but prone to crashes
brytenwalda - british isles, some fun features, some shitty features, good for a while but imho rather boring
swedish mayo - very unusual, fun setting, some really shitty assets, elephants, repeater crossbows, grenades and shit, can fully customize your own faction

>not fighting Oda oppression as grorious sohei
leeeee Hiei was a war crime

>tfw tokugawa gunners defending an ideal position

Is Oichi in Gekokujo? I tried looking for when I played it a couple years ago, but could not find her. I did find Gracia, though.

I want to be brothers with my Lord!

Mah nigga

Are there any confirmed ASOIAF modds for Bannerlord yet?

>Allowing religious institutions to operate as though they are above the law and need answer to no authority
>Allowing an organization that regularly plotted politically motivated assassinations to operate without reprisal
>Not illustrating what will happen to Gaijin missionaries if they overstep their bounds

When even legitimately devout warlords such as Kenshin are having problems with them it is obvious that someone needed to put them in their place.

How do I revolt against my King without fucking up and losing? Should I support a claimant or should I support myself? Strategies?

fug takeda

Try silverstag

If you support a claimant expect to be at war with that nation and expect other nations to declare war on you cause they feel like it, you won't be able to make peace till you've taken all the holdings of the claimant's nation.

Warband with Floris mod.

can someone tell me the easiest faction to join for a newbie? swadia never works and i tried vaegirs recently but they wage war on fucking everyone with armies of 30 men and lose territory but they have that nice sea raider area near rivacheg to farm xp for armies

sarranids desu

>Genderswaped Harlaus
Triggered

Rhodoks are unbeatable.

>Genderswaped Harlaus

Nords for their Huscarls. Rhodoks are fine if you like crossbows. Sarranids if you wanted to go Swadia but don't like how their territories get shat by everyone else. Khergits if you're a fag who likes horse archery.

Is Gekokujo good now? I played it quite some time ago and couldn't quite figure out what there was to actually do, other than just randomly kill... but now with katanas.
Can anyone sell it to me?

>Can anyone sell it to me?
its the same as regular mount and blade but with japs, what else did you expect?

I don't own a computer, so is this game good at all on PS4?

Rhodok truly are the best.

>playing mountain blade on a console

Just start your own

NOVA AETUS SHILLFAG HERE TO ADD HOURS TO YOUR PLAYTHROUGH!

>lol dead broken mod
4.0 is out, the mod is pretty much finished, almost all the bugs squashed and sorted, it feels like a new game

>what even
A mod set in the native warband world only a good bit into the future around the decline of Feudal equipment and lifestyle

>why's it different
Many reasons.
-Class System
-Jobs
-Labour
-Economy improvements
-Guilds WITHIN economies WITHIN cities controlling a bunch of shit and getting the best goods
-Religion and religious sects
-Build your own farms and castles and shit wherever you want
-A new world to explore
-New factions
-TECHNOLOGY progression as time passes

>technowhat?
Factions will as time passes start to improve their technology at a rate based upon their size and how rich they are. This means better, more modern weapons, armour and eventually even guns and artillery.

>new world?
A new world exists to the west of where the rhodocks are, which-when you have the resources-you can sail to and colonize. If you colonize as part of a kingdom they will have a colony there now, if you do it alone you will instantly become a new King.

>Is it hard?
Yes. You have to progress through classes using a new prestige system in order to get a bunch of features or even join a faction. This is done through mostly non-combat, but there are ways to get prestige through combat.

>what else
There are traits and events like in CK2, where you can gain both positive and negative traits which have passive affects on your character.

Go get it, it's pretty sweet.

Sounds autismal. Is it fun? Is combat still fun?

Go away. Your mod is shit and the created who is undoubtedly you is a an immense faggot on par with Cozur.

Combat is still fun, yeah. They have the usual formation mods and stuff, and the troop trees aren't full fucktarded like in Floris-although they do expand over time as the technology of the faction in question advances.

There's also an aztec faction on the new world with sackass crocodile warriors and shit.

>creator
I can't mod for shit
>your mod is shit
It's actually really good, or I wouldn't be shilling it :^)

moar

>tfw assaulting a rhodock castle as vaegirs
>watching your troops helplessly gunned down like zulus

>vaegirs

When they actually reach the enemy, no one can stand against the bardiches, not even huscarls and their fancy shields.

>they'll never actually reach the enemy

Is there a mod that allows same sex marriages yet? I want to be the little girl that can disregard bros and acquire ho's already.

This is why you always put points in bows and crossbows. I faced this shit dozens of time, so I ordered my men to fall back while I go Rambo on their asses. I fire everything, then proceed to grab all the bolts and arrows on the ground when they had fired at me. Once they are out of ammo, then I order my men to charge in.

yes, dickplomacy, it also adds polygamy

>vaegirs
Why?