Listen faggots. An A press is an A press. There is no in between

Listen faggots. An A press is an A press. There is no in between.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU
youtube.com/watch?v=yvxdLH1ejaA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

if only you could see what i see

This is the stupidest fucking newfag meme.

I suppose this is where one of you retards calls me "Henry."

TJ henry is half right. An A press is an A press but you CAN claim it's only half depending on the context of the situation.

hold on a minute

are you imply not believing in half a presses is a meme or believing in half a presses is a meme

>GUYS I'M TOTALLY NOT HENRY
>SEE HOW SELF AWARE I AM THAT I'M NOT HENRY
Fuck off TJ

Dicks out for TJ

This. What's so difficult to understand about it? When it's part of a full run, it's a full A press. For just a specific level, it can be counted as a half A press.

nice samefag OP

Why is a 0.66 A press caleed a 0.5 A press?

this

Because it isn't a third of an A press. Its half of one. The half A press is the time from when you enter a level with the button held until you let go. That is half the actions (held and release) in the level and half the actions (press and held) outside the level. Equaling half an A press.

nice try Henry

so you only press half of the A button?
got it

>only good meme this board has produced in ages
>waahhh it's shit
Woah there, partner. I think this site might be more suited to your tastes >>>/reddit/

He's either right or he's wrong. You can't say he's only half right

>a "press" has 3 parts
>"pressing" the button
Uh oh nigger

There are in fact 4 A-press states

Resting
Pressed
Held
Release

Pic related
Pannen and """HENRY""" are wrong

bump

proceed

Why is there no arrow going from "Release" to "Pressed"?

There's no release state in Mario 64, it just changes directly from pressed to resting and checks it every frame.

because an a-press is linear except when held

but thats wrong.
the state of release is the action going to the resting state

there cannot be 3 states, only 4 states.

They work for the shitposter.
The masked man.
Henry?

Because it's only a semantic problem. In the SM64 TAS community they call this kind of feat 0.5, provide an explanation for why, but it's just a quicker way to explain a certain phenomenom.
In this case it's a level that can be done without actually jumping, but where some actions requires to have the A button pressed.

>forced meme
>good

>waaah
>immediately directing to reddit

I think you have the qualities to become an hero, newfriend! :-)

"Pressed" is triggered specifically when A was false in the previous frame but is now true. There is no handler for A being released.

>because an a-press is linear except when held
What the fuck does that mean?

youtube.com/watch?v=0NA_Nq7oZZU

Do you think TJ "Henry" Yoshi can see the button presses with the mask on? Maybe him being so wrong about this issue was a visual problem.

2 press = press down and press up, aka a normal press
1 press = press up, aka a half press
half of a normal press is the half press

youtube.com/watch?v=yvxdLH1ejaA

or you proved people right
normal press = rest + press + held + release
half press = held + release

i may be doing the wrong thing here

There's so much wrong with that flowchart it's hard to put it in words.

What video game character can defeat Mario as controlled by an A-press-enabled Pannenkoek2012?

please, do explain why its wrong

An A-Press is a very complicated process

Pannen disregards any concept of time relating to such a thing. As such he leaves out crucial data that is required to fully understand the complexity of such

Pannen plotted the anatomy of an A-press on a graph with time on the x-axis. You've posted an incoherent mess of a state machine diagram. I'd say he addressed the "concept of time" as it relates to A presses in SM64 much better than you ever did.

>YAHOO-YA-YA-YA-YA-YA

>Take my eyes off the screen for 0.5 seconds

>YAHOO!
>game completed

Is mario 64 the most glitched up game to this day?

Not by any stretch, but it's old and popular which means it's had time to be picked apart

Mario 64 science is pretty cool. Pointless as fuck but cool.

Nah, but it's one where the glitches are the most understood (With OoT 64 and Super Metroid) as they are the most popular games for speedrun, as QDQ lost a lot of steam after some years.
Also it's one of the most ambitious 3d game of its time, where nobody knew how to make a 3d game.
It's bound to have oversights . Like not limiting negative speed for example.

because time =/= frames

using frames to control your inputs is not what should be taken into account for an A-Press. It's your time actually doing said action that matters.

From going from resting to press, it could take me 5 minutes to press it if I really wanted to. or it could take a fraction of a second.the states are not instant as pannen goes on to lead you to believe. Frames are not humanly possible to replicate actions.

The transition to each state of an A-Press must be accounted for before you can say an A=Press has been made and completed

Ocarina of time has plenty too, you can complete the game really fast by abusing wrong warp nowadays

>SM64 booted -> resting
What if A is held before boot?

>It's your time actually doing said action that matters.
No. It's the time the console actually reads the inputs that matters you fucking mong.

It's the other way around.

The console doesn't register it as pressed.

>time =/= frames
Wrong.
>using frames to control your inputs is not what should be taken into account for an A-Press.
Wrong.
>It's your time actually doing said action that matters.
Also wrong.
>From going from resting to press, it could take me 5 minutes to press it if I really wanted to. or it could take a fraction of a second.
And yet the console is only capable of registering "not pressed" and "pressed". The state of a button is always in exactly one of these states, there is no "in the process of being pressed" state.
>the states are not instant as pannen goes on to lead you to believe.
Yes, they are.
>Frames are not humanly possible to replicate actions.
This sentence makes no sense.
>The transition to each state of an A-Press must be accounted for before you can say an A=Press has been made and completed
This is only correct if by "transition to each state of an A-Press" you mean the transition of "not pressed"->"pressed"->"not pressed".

Pannen you can fight it all you want but in the end you're wrong

Nice try, TJ """""""Henry""""""" Yoshi, but we all know you're the one who's wrong here.

A second is a second. You can't say it's 0.5 of a second.

you can program snake, pong and flappy bird in super mario world

there is no "resting" poart during the press because the press is the action itself, not what happens before or after, you cuck

>only good meme
>good meme

>STOP HAVING FUN

as you know by now there are 3 points to pressing the button, the press; the hold; the release, in m64 only pressing and holding the button does affect gameplay in some sort so they never need the third form, thats why they call it 0,5 A Press and not 0,66, i hope this answers your question

What is so fun about posting the exact same shit over and over again?

Did you make this thread because of the thread I made yesterday?