pros/cons about 2016

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1G8kzgCpdd0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

everything is shit

Fire Emblem Fates is good

There's no pro in 2016.

Pro: Lotta goot JRPG's came out
Con: Because of a few bad apples, I will never stop hearing about how 'games are dying' from faggots like

this happened

Pros:
Severed, fuck you, it's good
Cons
Everything else.

>cons
nu-males

>pros
nu-males btfo

very happy to see shit like: Evolve, NuMaleSky, Battleborn fail

now if only blizzard/valve joins, that would be great

It's pretty fun, but it's the worst FE.

Pro: Lots of good vidya
Cons: The one I was most excited for was dogshit because Uchikoshi is a lying cunt.

Bump Generations onto Great, add Total warhammer to that list at really good, and this has a lot of the same opinions about this year that I do.

Platinum Stars released in 2016.

you do it, stupid asshole.
It's a personal opinion list

Damn user just saying you have good taste. No need to suck a greasy cock about it.

I can't bring myself to put Generations highee because for some reason it just didn't grab me like 4U did.

I didn't put as much time into gen as I did 4u but I still put a shitload of time into it. Not a single oment of it felt boring. Probably one of the longest vidya purchases I bought this year.

Why'd you show two cons?
I thought this was a thread about pros and cons, not cons and cons.

I've been meaning to get frieza horizon 3, is it as fun as it looks? and is it as grind happy as f4 or better?
isn't cossack from the stalker devs? this year? they're still alive?

It's the best openworld racing game I've played in years. The grind feels fair, the visuals and map design are great, and it still handles as well as FH always has.

And yup, it is and they are.

These games will never be translated, and importing them cost too much

>good JRPGs
Which would those be?

Holy shit, take that nigger cock out your ass. He complimented your taste and you acted like a raging autist.

By the way, your taste in video games is shit.

neat, thanks
any notable cars in the lineup? I know the initial D hatchback is in there

Pro: No Man's Sky
Con: Everything else.

t. 350+hours-on-NMS-user

Is that a pizza?

Cons: every game that was released this year was unplayable trash
Pros: consistency? I guess I'm also saving a bunch of money since nobody makes good games anymore.

>Pro
Randy pitchford got BTFO
>Con
No obvious GOTY

>Super Hot
>2016
What?
Wasn't this released like 2 years ago?

Unplayable because it costed money which you don't have?

>0.00000001 USD has been deposited into your PSN™ account
>Thanks from Hello Games™

I'm pretty happy about 2016. February 2017 is going to be insane.

Wasn't me who said that familia. Someone else apparently got triggered by what he said for no reason. I'm

lmao what a shit taste weeb

initial demo/whatever builds, full proper release (if you could call it that) just this year

>this much of a weeb

i think you should kill yourself.

No, unplayable because they were all travesties of game design that were obviously not intended for human consumption. Game development is a front for tax evasion these days, that's all.

While I'm sure there are many inaccuracies in your image I feel compelled to quickly remind you that Nier Automata is coming out on PC.

Yeah, I'm going to pirate it.

KEK

fucking cuckolds

And I am compelled to remind you that it is a Japanese game. The PC version will be a disaster.

Persona 5. If you're not EOP.

t. Sony Brony

It's Squeenix.

FF13 was okay.
Just Cause 3 was okay.
Deus Ex was okay.

Why would it be bad?

oh no i dont get to play weeb shit boo hoo!

kys faggot.

you may be b8ing, but I've actually been looking for games to justify getting a ps4 besides migu, destiny, and memeborn

Wasn't FFXIII locked to 720p at release or something? I remember people being very upset about that thing for a while.

>actually listing ports and remasters
>Uncharted 4 twice

Sonyggers really are getting desperate.

>FF13 was okay.
Nigger, please.

They were upset because they bought FF13.

If it did had issue then Squeenix learned from it because Lightning Returns had zero port problems at all.

>t. ps4 fag falseflagging to make it looks like pc fags exclusively pirate

There are also performances issues that are barely remedied by unofficial patches.
XIII ports weren't okay. They were merely playable.

Depends what you mean by 'notable'. It's got some fun meme cars like the Reliant Supervan III and the Holden 50-2106 FX Ute. It's also got your standard selection of high-end stuff plus new picks like the Tesla Model S.

It also has a AE86 so if you're an Initial D fan like me you can blast eurobeat and self-insert as much as you please.

What's an alternative to being sonygger?

PC had XCOM2 and lost it.
Xbox don't have a single exclusive.
PeeYou is dead and NX is likely to do even worse.

I honestly can't comprehend how can somebody like videogames and do not own PS4 and Vita.

Why do people even bother to do that? Every time a console is hacked and piracy is enabled on it, it's "shilled" on Cred Forums to no end.

You're so invested in console wars, it's kinda cute.

PS4 weeb here.
Tail end of 2016 is garbage but 2017 looks amazing.

It's a good chance to catch up on my backlog right now but the only new game I have is Velkyrie Drive.

>projecting

because PC is still the best?

Unless you're a weeb and need to kill yourself PS4 is a Bloodborne machine and nothing more.

They're fun games tho.

>Nioh
>Persona 5
>Horizon: Zero Dawn
>All within one month

My wallet can't take it, lad.

>Reliant Supervan III
lol, neat, seems like a good mix of mid end, high end, offroad, and some memecars, thanks

>They're fun games tho

for beta weebs

Dude, find a hobby or something.

This isn't healthy, just saying.

Hope you enjoy it, user.

it was fun but not that good- pretty much on the same leve as triple deluxe. I dunno why Cred Forums sucked its dick so hard

exclusivity is a vote of no confidence by the developer/publisher in a game's ability to sell.

All the consoles are moving towards unified system architecture differentiated only by proprietary software.

the console war is over. everyone lost.

Uh, yeah, I'm also looking forward to... uhh... Civ5 and uhhh.. uhhh... and buying new graphics card I guess?

What else does Nintendo have going for them right now? It's either Kirby or wait for the NX.

Prove it.

>it was fun but not that good-
You are right, it wasn't that good, it was that great.

right back at you. when you keep on saying "lol i'll pirate it" every time pc nier is mentioned, it makes you look really pitiful and sad, not to mention jealous that pc finally gets some nice things.

3ds got hacked.

only pro

this some quality bait. have your earned (you)

cons: too many
pro: the shit we were fed will only make us stronger as a community of combined consoletards and PC. the casuals will soon be red pilled and will begin refusing to be fed more shit, improving the quality of games for everyone as a second video game renaissance emerges.

this effect happens because for example casuals enjoy their shitty, say, Halo 4, only to be fed even raunchier shit that is Halo 5. as the original shit sequels get more shittier sequels, the casuals will begin complaining and talking about their nostalgia, demanding "good games" come out again.

I simply said that I'm going to pirate it, why are getting so worked up?

lmao

But I will pirate it.

>a second video game renaissance emerges.
I don't have a reaction image with someone laughing hard enough.

>cons
no games

>pros
saved money buying less games

I thought it was a lot more fun and much more well-designed than TD.

>tfw KH2.8 got delayed
T-thanks Tabata

Good taste, user. It's refreshing to see a picture like this that isn't blatant bait.

this tbgh

>ignoring multiplats which are 99% of the time objectively better
>Dawn of War 3
>Dreadnought
>TW:WH expansions

>the casuals will soon be red... pilled...

The casual demographic as you imagine it is gone. Replaced by the children of such people (who're losing interest faster than ever) and people who think playing candy crush on their phone is being a "gamer."

how autistic are you?

yeah yeah i get it, >look at me, i'm such a shitposter and master trol, i got some guy to reply

here's another (you)

But we are going to pirate all those games.

>I...i never wanted it anyway
every time

I don't think you understand.

I will pirate it.

i know, i'm pirating the entire ps4 library right now.

pros:

>no CG content
who the fuck cares

i don't care. here's another (you).

i am also pirating your mom's booty as we speak.

and why exactly would i WANT weeb shit?

I own a PS4. I didn't buy any weeb shit beacuse it's trash.

>pros
doom and das3 were okay

>cons
everything else

DereSute is doing fine on its own, the two don't need to lean on each other.

>i don't care

I will pirate it.

ok. good for (you)

>frieza horizon

I'd play it

I will pirate it.

>Pros
Dark souls 3 was not complete shit. overwatch is kinda fun for 40 dollars. clustertruck is amusing. dude sex looks fun but Im waiting for a price drop. cyber sluts was cool but mostly because I like digimons, its still got the stink of a shit jrpg. nioh beta was good. doom was fun for a little bit. hopefully the last guardian will be worth the wait.

>cons
All signs point to ff15 sucking dick and crushing the japs' faith in making AAA games. tons of shitty games came out, but thats business as usual. the ps4 pro. ps+ is more expensive even though my internet I already pay for didnt get any better. delays. this year didnt have a "yes, I love this game!" title like 2015 did (bloodborne AND mgs5). even indie games were worse this year.

>"yes, I love this game!" title like 2015 did (bloodborne AND mgs5)
>mgs5

I will pirate it.

I will pirate it.

conversion successful

>pros
Blood & Wine
>cons
Everything about this year

Dark Souls 3 was good, Darkes Dungeon was better, Doom's soundtrack was amazing. That's it.

>Pros
The memes.

>Cons
The games.

>implying i'm not a pirate myself
i live in eastern europe. we pirate things like fuck. fuck the jew and his euro tricks.

other than few steam things i don't buy shit, windows included.

pros:
we all could openly laugh about shitty developers that will get burned badly in the near future

cons:
too much to list

>cons
Everything is shit
>pros
Its probably great compared to 2017

>that great tier

Fucking wonderful taste.

Pros
>Valhalla
>Furi
>HLD
>DOOM4

>cons
Everything else

Good post

Pros: Dark Souls 3
Cons: everything else

Put Darkest dungeon in position 2 and you have my list

>MGSV was shit
>ZTD was shit
>DR3 was shit

At this point I'm starting to get afraid of becoming invested in the story of any Japanese franchise.

Only good 2016 release and it's a re-release with one new song.

youtube.com/watch?v=1G8kzgCpdd0
Area X footage.

Pros: It's almost over. That's about it.

Pros:
Japanese games

Cons:
Western gamers keep getting fucked in the ass

>nu-males btfo

Yeah, millionaire Murray sure got btfo!

Then why were you getting mad at the idea of someone else pirating a game? Why did you make it out to be an elaborate falseflagging scheme?

inb4 "i'm not that guy"

mgs5 was full of fun shit to do.

thats all these is to it. I hated the story, but i also hated the story in 4. the difference being that this was a couple skippable cutscenes and tapes that barely mattered compared to like 10 hours of shit from mgs4.

>has been deposited into your PSN™ account

Sony threw Murray under a bus, you'll get nothing from them.

not even a refund

(You)

i wasn't getting mad at the idea of pirating itself.

whenever nier pc is mentioned (or some other ps4 "exclusive" losing special snowflake status), ps4 butthurt starts flowing in the form of "lol pc is pirate station, stop porting my games to it. i will pirate it out of spite", so it's natural to assume it's happening again, and that the poster's a salty ps4 fag.

>the console war is over. everyone lost.

Are you an American who thinks the PS4 and Xbone are equal in sales or something?

Literally everywhere outside of the USA the PS4 is blowing the fuck out of the other consoles in sales. They keep slashing the price of the Xbone and it's doing nothing.

Places like Spain and Germany the PS4 is outselling the Bone by 4, sometimes 5 to 1.

Sony has objectively won this generation already. There's evidence of this because they're getting cocky and lazy, they always do this when they'e in front.

pros laughing at shit on Cred Forums

cons the world going to shit

>>Places like Spain and Germany the PS4 is outselling the Bone by 4, sometimes 5 to 1.
Why is that?
Black people just prefer the PS4?

I will pirate it though. There is no ulterior motive.

I'm not sure i see why you would putting superhot in self explanatory bad.
Did you just think it was too short or was there anything else about it?
Personalty i had a lot of fun with some of the post-game challenges and probably clocked as much time on them as the story. This is not to say the game WAS pretty short though, but i think it did what it set out to do.

yeah, so do it. i'll probably buy it since it looks good, but i'll pirate other things, like ff15.

i pirated the entire ff13 series, and good thing i did, the game's so boring.

superhot was one of those cases where in effort to be different, a gimmick was introduced that basically invalidated the entirety of the first person shooter gameplay the game was built around.

Funny maymays aside it's because the PS4 was cheaper and they didn't advertise features that didn't even work outside of the US.

The fuck up by Microsoft at E3 was legendary. It was a category 5 shit hurricane and I still don't think they've recovered from it.

In a way, it was a bad thing that they screwed up because Sony during the PS3 era was pretty good, they were playing constant catch up with Microsoft. Now they're just lazy because they know that they don't need to do anything.

I thought it failed to really utilize it's mechanics in interesting ways, which combined with the imo poor narrative meant I felt bored with it by the time I beat the (as you yourself noted, short) campaign.

Never bothered with the challenges as a result but you're not the first person to mention them to me. Might give them a try to see if they're any better.

individual sales are irrelevant if the only difference between consoles is a tiny bit of proprietary code and exclusivity is a measure of how much the game is expected to sell vs what a console manufacturer is willing to pay for exclusivity.

I don't just mean the console war of this generation is over, and everyone lost. I mean console wars as a concept are over, and everyone lost.

Yeah okay. I see what you mean.
In my opinion though, some of the challenges and the infinite mode does utilize of the mechanics in interesting enough ways to be worth playing.
Personal favorite is the katanaonly challenge you unlock right after beating the game. Cutting bullets is practically pointless but fun. Also throwing the sword towards a guy and then hotswitching to him, grabbing the sword.

>full of fun shit to do
Yeah, like "save the POW 7" and "destroy the tank 14!"

So much fun! I knew that PW wasn't enough so I'm glad MGSV gave me more of the same.

It kinda needed to shift from "kill everyone in this room starting from a "you fucked up and hit quicksave at the worst possible moment"" scenarios to actual goal oriented scenarios more like the last level.

cons
more games use denuvo
pros
cpy is buttfucking them

Forza Horizon 3 was good

but the pc version is a terrible port and the xboner version also has issues

Denvuo almost cracked again

???

DX12 and Vulkan really the only pro

rest con

and now with the PS4 Pro and Xbox One Project games will be even more unoptimized and cater for meme resolutions instead of playable framerates 60fps

Pros
DENUVOfags getting BTFO
Cons
Unfortunately all the game from 2016 aren't worth playing yes even those with DENUVO.

>con
dx12 is win10 only. forget linux fags, forget pre-10 fags, buy our system again or get a limited control version for "free".

his game under investigation for false advertising. Possible fines or lawsuit incoming.

Pros:
God Eater 2 Rage Burst
Neptuina V-II
Moon Dwellers
FFF Advent Dark Force
Dark Souls 3
Overwatch
7th Dragon III

Cons:
Mighty #9
No Man's Sky
Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensai
Battleborn

never understood the appeal of jrpgs anymore

>Fire Emblem x Shin Megami Tensai

let's be real here, there was no chance of this game being good even if it was an actual crossover

Gundam Versus for PS4 was announced.

If it were a FE game with SMT characters, storyline, items, etc. then I would have loved it. Likewise if it were an SMT game with ACTUAL FE characters via bs plot devise.

true but there was potential

but then it got remade as idolshit but kept the original name in the first trailer with the idolshit.

I think the game would be better accepted if it had zero connections to the SMTxFE teaser

Pro

Pro: its almost over

Pros: THIS
Cons: i don't give a fuck about everything else just release this masterpiece already