How do I get into the original Fallout games? I really want to like them but I was never really into turn based combat

How do I get into the original Fallout games? I really want to like them but I was never really into turn based combat.

Other urls found in this thread:

fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gain_(statistic)
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I don't get this either. I've tried to play 1, 2 and New Vegas to no avail, I just find myself hating the basic game-play in every Fallout.

>How do I get into
You just launch them and start playing.
>I was never really into turn based combat
Turn-based combat doesn't age, it's timeless. I could understand kids these days being put off by the graphics, but you just have to overcome your ADHD to play TB games.

Well the box does say you have to be over 15 years old to play it.

Then play a diplomancer build and avoid most combat

For me it's the terrible UI that kills it. I don't mind turn based combat but the interface. JFC

You shouldn't , just stay in NV threads and keep playing NV.

The turn based combat is comfy as hell

You might have ADHD

There are some issues with the UI but its very simple and easy to use. You basically only need the inventory, skill menu and the combat actions most of the time all of which are self explanatory and convenient to use.

what exactly is bad about it? have you tried like using keyboard shortcuts?

>New Vegas
Is not turn-based
There is so much bait in this post.

>Is not turn-based

I never said it was, I just can't get into the gameplay of any of them.

>I just can't get into the gameplay of any of them
New Vegas is literally an Obsidian reskin of FO3. The gameplay is nearly identical - even with the DLC.

If you don't enjoy the gameplay then don't bother forcing yourself to play it. If it's not for you then it's not for you; there's nothing wrong with that

AG is your best friend

Anything below 8-9 is a death sentence

Based

Use a guide (NMA has a good one by Per) to make a very strong combat character. In combat, click on enemies and watch kewl animations. Outside, explore the interesting world, talk to people etc.

Terrible advice, don't listen to it.

you just play them. also you can increase the combat speed. i would leave it on maximum.

>FO3

I've never played FO3, I've only played the games I've been told are the series' best, which are 1, 2 & NV.

no kidding? i've only played 2 when i was a youngster and was only got into NV after a ton of convincing. I was hooked immediately after seeing all the references to that game.

If you donĀ“t like them, forcing yourself to like them will just make you hate them in the end.

Just stop. Play something you like instead and then revisit your reasons WHY you desperately want to like them.

You sound like an experienced player.

Please, distribute more goodness from the font of knowledge that is your stupid opinions.

>The gameplay is nearly identical
The combat is nearly identical, the entire GAMEPLAY, which encompasses dialogue, storytelling, ROLEPLAYING, is quite different at times.

what if OP likes shit? isn't it our duty to save him?

> the terrible UI
Nigga, FO3 has a worse UI, while also having less interaction, which makes this doubly retarded.

Press F1 for a list of shortcuts, makes the combat 200% more bearable

Don't listen to him, 9 AGI is useless, it gives the same AP as 8, never do odd AGI builds, waste of points
INT and LUK are very good
At least 5 STR, 6 is ideal
CHR and END aren't very good

>using guides
How about "no"
Terrible advice, you sound like a tryhard

Don't play it then. This game was made in the 90s so people who grew up in that time can appreciate it unlike millenials growing up on cod and minecraft

Then he can enjoy his shit, which hurts no one, as long as he does not turn into common Cred Forums trash.

If he throws himself against the game repeatedly, it is more likely to simply make him loathe it, which serves no one either.

Forcing yourself to enjoy something that should only be done because you already enjoy it is schizophrenic.

Also, Skilled might seem like a good Trait. It isn't. Gifted can be good
Most traits are pretty useless unless you do a very specific build
Unarmed is pretty bad in FO1, better in FO2, there's more Unarmed weapons
Melee is a good choice until mid game, saves you a lot of ammo
Always invest a couple of points per level in some late game skills you want to use (laser and heavy weapons, for example)

>9 AGI is useless
It's not if you aim to increase it to 10 through Intense Training or some other way (I don't remember if 1 has other ways).

How about "yes"? I've seen so much terrible builds like people going "I'm going to be a talky character! I'm going to pump Charisma!" without realizing CHA is literally useless. It's not like I recommended a quest guide, just a character building one.

Gifted is stupidly OP.

don't take fast shot.

>intesive training
Dumb bethdrone, it was bethesda that introduced that shit perk, literally made for casuals who can't accept that their build is shit, and addimg SPECIAL points was always reserved for very special occasions, and was always very expensive
Not surprised you use guides, you fucking bethshitter

Actually it was introduced in 2, just under different name: fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Gain_(statistic)

Fast Shot can be amazing, though it robs you of classic Fallout ball-shooting experience.

But only from level 12 onwards, and only oncd per Stat, in 3d fallouts, it's level 1,and can use it several times per stat

man for me its quite opposite i installed NV 2 times and couldn't get into it but fallout 2 was really good, thinking of getting fallout tactics but have heard its quite bad, is it? \v\

It still is a thing that exists and in FO2 it makes 9 AGI make sense (I think FO2 has some other way to increase AGI but I honestly don't remember). Also, in FNV SPECIAL doesn't matter that much so using a perk point on one of those perks is usually a waste. Maybe it's different in 3 since in 3 you get a perk every level and most of them suck.

Well, also there's that perk that gives you AP and you can take it twice, and a perk that gives you AP but only for movement purposes and you can also take it twice.

two word guide

git gud

Nothing wrong with it as long as you don't combine it with small guns.