Quick question Cred Forums

Quick question Cred Forums
How on earth do I unplug this. It is hard as a motherfucker

Don't be a weakling fuck. Press the release and pull. Jesus christ.

use scissors

Grip and yank.

Thats the thing, no matter how hard I press and pull, i cant get it out. I move the whole motherboard but the thing wont pop out

Literally this.

Or just get the RAM out first to make it easier for your hands.

just make sure you're pressing the release and pull the plastic instead of the cables

Just get your boyfriend to do it, you fucking pussy.

Very carefully. I ended up ruining a motherboard because I tugged too hard and bent it like a taco shell.

Then you are a weak fuck. Literally.

That's all you have to do. if you can't get it out it's either broke (I can't see how it could be broke and STUCK together) - or you are just one weak little shit.

In my eyes it's always helped to push the release and try to yank it a little and then pinch the thing with two fingers on the short sides and then wiggle it about as soon as the release stays open.

pinch release and wiggle

>hurr caution = weakness
You can literally ruin your motherboard if you just yank a stuck connector like a moron.

hold the release and pull one side then the other

Nothing's wrong, it actually is hard as fuck to pull that thing out because it's designed to be that way. Every PC I've owned it's always felt like I need to pull unnecessarily hard to get those motherfuckers out.

just noclip it through the motherboard

so then wiggle it out.

How would I know if it's stuck without seeing it myself? It's more likely that this guy posting on Cred Forums is a weak little shit.

get it prebuilt next time pussy boi

>Press the release
Don't listen to this guy, that's only for inserting. Just hold it firmly at the base and pull until you hear a click

There is a clip holding it in.

Press in the clip, and hold. Pull it out.

squeeze the lock tab to release from the catch on the board connector then pull, and give it a wiggle as you're pulling.

you can use pliers but be very careful you're only grappling and pulling with the smoothest part of grip/jaws and don't yank, just tug and wiggle and work it out.

I tried using pliers and scratched it a little.
Man why is it so hard?

Push the release button in the middle and pull

fuck

use a power saw

>How on earth do I unplug this. It is hard as a motherfucker

Try to wiggle it out. It took me 20 minutes to get it out the last time I rebuilt my computer.

The button is really hard and no matter how I push it it wont pop out

Try spinning, that's a neat trick

I hope this ends in OP breaking something

try using needlenose pliers to hold the clip open and a small flat-head screwdriver to lever the connector

REMOVE THE FUCKING RAM AND OTHER SHIT IN THE WAY SO YOU GET WAY MORE ROOM

Rip and tear.

Cut the wires first.

>Man why is it so hard?
Because you are an idiot.
Use your thumb on the plug and push it down, put half your index finger on otherside to have more coverage and pull.
If you still to fucking weak, then as you are pulling use your other hand to push one edge a bit and then the opposite edge to help wiggle it out.

apply WD40

>White people using computers

Arabic and Black hands strong for wire pulling.

if you are such a weak faggot use a screwdriver and try to get it between the connection and try to lever it out...

>dust on the stock cooler

clean that shit nigga, then throw it away and replace it, the 212 meme is literally $30

Take out your RAM so you can get a better grip. Remember to press the release.

they good for cotton picking too

take your daily dose of estrogen and call up your dad's boyfriend to come help you

Posting in potentially epic thread

wedge a flathead inbetween the locking bit to hold it down and then use pliers to pull it our from the middle. make sure to grip all the cables at the same time.

squeeze the lock tab with thumb to disengage it from board

pull, but favor one side of the connector, then switch to other other side, repeat and it will start giving. keep wiggling it by switching from one side to another and you're done. you basically "rock it" out of the connector

post your boypucci
On that basis I will decide if I'll come over to help or not

This. Wiggle that shit.

I demand more elaborate descriptions about pulling a fucking plug. This thread is great.

Ask Cred Forums. This is Cred Forums - Video Games.

why does it look like those pictures were taken in the same place?

Hell i think even the under shirt is the same.

Sometimes I imagine that I can just do weird video game shit to expedite my daily life

I regularly walk into my door and kick stuff accidentally, I sometimes even run stopsigns because I think its a video game and can do w/e without consequence

Got into my first wreck this way, fuck I'm such a useless autist I sometimes wonder how my parents cope with knowing I will never be worth the shit I drop into their toilets every day

Or trolling.

i can't wait for the thread tomorrow asking how to unlock the gpu from the slot lock tab.

At least your bowels are regular.

That's some advanced level autism.

Done you fags.
Thanks for the cheese.

THE ENTIRE FUCKING SOCKET CAME OFF
WTF Cred Forums WHY DID YOU TELL ME TO YANK IT AND JUST BE STRONGER NOW THERE'S FUCKING CIRCUIT WIRES PULLING OUT FROM HTE MOTHERBOARD IT'S FUCKED FUCK YOU Cred Forums

Get counseling and stay focused on real life.

55 seconds too late, user.

you broke it lol

sigh..looks like you may need a new computer now....

Why are they so fucking hard though. Same with PCI power cables, it always feels like you're going to rip off the fucking thing before getting the cable out.

Conversely, why are usb headers looser than ur mum

>them baby toes

Friend of mine did this once and literally yanked out some USB 3.0 pins of his brand new motherboard. Shit was great because I told him that would happen.

because those carry electricity and need to be as secure as possible for long term operation and to avoid voltage issues.

so OP, now that its over

why did you need to remove it in the first place?

I don't see how it's supposed to be broken. How can you tell from the image that it's fucked?

New power supply

post speccy and insides

Hurry up and turn it on again so we can allhave a good laugh when you realize you broke it.

Gotta work within an hour. Will make a thread later on if I fuck up

Thank you

this is exactly why I can't get into building my own pc. too much struggle, if you do something wrong, everything explodes (exaggerating here ofc). nah, I'll stick to my alienware, sure it's more expensive but it works right out of the box. i got no time for this nonsense, do i look like some kind of IT mechanic?

>he didn't build a PC with his dad when he was young

If 6 year old me could learn how to do it, you can.

press the release harder, dumbass

But are you a nigger?

No, I'm as white as you can be.

Might have something to do with it.

Just watch a video on youtube. You can pretend that it's your dad showing you how to build a PC.

Do you mean advanced technology just explodes when a nigger touches it?

But user, My dad taught me too. Wasn't quite as young but being white is a wonderful thing. Fathers teaching kids how to actually do useful things instead of how to steal.

Building your own pc is something that some people will hype as "LE JUST LIKE LEGO" and others will scare you from it with stories of how they fucked up, but in this day and age there are so many guides out there that it is difficult to genuinely fuck up if you follow them, the worst that will happen is you'll miss a plug and troubleshoot.

For me though the real advantage of self building over just paying a bit extra to have it done for you is that if something fails down the line or you want to upgrade you've already put it together so it's way fucking easier to pull it apart. In the end though if you want a prebuilt get a prebuilt, I'm not judging

>do i look like some kind of IT mechanic?

that's just it. if a moron in a dell factory can put together PC so can you. power connectors are bitches no matter the thing you're working on. try installing a modern car stereo in an even remotely old car. you wanna talk about about frustrating plugs, adapters, and harnesses? sheeeeit.

Someone probably could design a nicer power connector, but it's a 20 year old design and fucking with legacy at this point is going to be a shitfest that's not worth it unless you're going for broke, redesigning most of the shit and pushing as many changes as possible.

Other way round user. Niggers explode when they attempt to use their noggin.

Rakim was right

take it to geeksquad dude

I don't know how rakim is. Should I sudoku?

>over just paying a bit extra
jewish europeans ask like a hundred eurobux just to assemble the parts, that aint a little bit

Make it carry same set of voltages with dirt cheap adapters like dvi-hdmi or molex-sata power

>everything is casualized about building pc
>you can't possibly fuck up
>every connector is unique so there's no way you'd mis-plug anything
>giant text saying USB3.0 or CPUFAN etc
>hundreds of thousands of guides online
>even if you somehow fuck up with your sub90 iq the pc would rather not start because they made it failsafe for retards
>takes less than 10 minutes to build a pc from scratch
>"WAAA WHY IS BUILDING PC SOOO DIFFICULT!!!"
pathetic

Voltages aren't the issue - amps are.

Installed my own radio, on my shitty +10yo pickup because im poor jeez.

>Shitty chinese radio
>Fucking painfully install
>Kinda loose but seems to work

1 Week Later

>AM/FM doesnt work (Antenna disconected?)
>USB randomly disconnects with any vibration (+My suspension is pretty fuckd up)
>Aux doesnt work on all devices

Kill Me

you can't, he's trolling, you got trolled

Out of all the work i did myself on my car (maybe a dozen things total) the radio was by far the most frustrating. So much trial and error, and finding the right parts was agony because it was a 1992 and the previous radio had been stolen (cords ripped out, etc.). I imagine doing that car radio is how most people imagine building a computer is.

>ADOLF

Op here.
I fucked up while installing the corsair 550 power supply somehow. The pc starts but turns itself on and off ad infinitun

Also, what is this cable for? Do I need it to power the gtx 1060 ? Cause i plugged a normal pci E but this came in the package and I dunno what do with it

you are

so so stupid

my sweet summer child

Your power LED is probably on the wrong pins on the board.

That cable is for PSUs that don't have the connector for graphics cards.

The hdled thing on the motherboard is plugged. I dunno what to say

Check you've plugged them in correctly.

..Unless motherboard standards have changed the red/black cables in a 1x2 should be vertical not horizontal.

>this flooring
>this carpet
>this chair
how_to_spot_a_dirty_ruskie.txt.jpg.mp4

What decade are you living in?

90's - It's changed?

Idiot
>I move the whole motherboard
Because you didn't screw in the upper right screw on the motherboard.
>Them RAMs, that cooler...
What now OP? Are you gonna need help to plug the other one in?
Like clockwork...

Like said, you plugged the case cables incorrectly.

>Watching your friend work on a computer when they're too heavy handed and lack any real tech knowledge

suffering, I hate you sausage fingered fucks so much.

Pretty much all the switch, LED, and speaker pins are 'horizontal' these days.

Are you for real?
At any rate, if it feels stuck just push down on the PCB to make sure you won't damage the mobo and then yank hard.

pull it as hard as you can from the same spot you have your fingers in this picture
the red thing shouldnt come off only the cables should

Are you sure?
I'm talking about the way they're plugged in not what direction they're facing on the motherboard. Just in-case this is a miss-understanding.

>build pc a year ago
>enthusiast parts
>had job
>fast forward to this month
>same pc parts
>PC shuts down in the middle of gaming when SLI
>doesnt do this for single gpu gaming, ever on either card
>temps are fine
>everytthing is plugged in correctly
>testing all parts/breadboarding doesnt isolate the issue
>stress tests nor benchmarking isolates the problem
>able to reproduce the hard shutdowns in any games but Heaven and real world stress tests cant shut down the pc

At this point I've tried everything. It's either the PSU or mobo. I picked the PSU and went with it to RMA first.

Anyone have any tips before my new psu comes tomorrow?

>SLI
>Ever

It sucks too because they come out much easier, especially if you used those attachments that bundle several connectors together.
My power connector slipped out once or twice on my mobo already.

Soak it in cold water. Itll cause it to shrink and be easier to remove.

How many watts is PSU? What energy rating is it? Are your PCI-E power cables 'good'?

can't wait to see future threads by OP saying how bad pc gaming is and how consoles are the future.

Should have checked your voltages too

>Any tips?
Sell your cards and get a single more powerful GPU.

This.

Yes, yes. Always buy the best card instead of 2x of weaker cards. The only problem with that is when I bought my parts, I bought it to push 1440p to ensure 144fps. I have 2x 980TIs on a 1050W PSU which is enough. Right?

I logged with HWinfo64 during all of those. I may have them still.

>ruski
>can't computahs
Does not compute

Yes, they're like the green circled set in . None of them should cover both rows. It's the same as laying bricks.

EVGA 1050W G1 SuperNOVA. Gold rating.
The cables SHOULD be good, but I believe I have extras to test.

get a new sli bridge

Have you tried installing a different driver version?

1050 should be more than enough.
Efficiency rating is kinda irrelevant at such a high capacity as far as I know.
Have you tried different drivers or anything?

>980ti
Ayyy. Sell those. NVIDIA's dropping optimization support for them since the 10xx series is out.

>I move the whole motherboard

nigga what the fuck, screw in and secure the fuckin board.
after that press the release really fuckin hard and pull.

Is this the help desk thread?

For about two weeks now my USB devices (m+kb included) disconnect for a second at random intervals.

I've freshly installed Win 7, I updated the chipset drivers, tried different mice and keyboards but the problem persists.
Weirdly enough it seems to happen more often while I'm not touching any input devices (like when watching films).

You're the 2nd person I've heard suggest that.
Why is this a suggestion? Not that I doubt you I just want to know the possible reason why this would shutdown my whole computer during use as if someone yanked it from the outlet?

I have to hard reboot the psu via switch, wait 30s and turn on the pc again when this happens.

Yes, I tried the latest drivers from nvidia and then I went back to 366.88 or something around there and same problems.

If your SLI bridge is fucked and the cards can't sync properly because of it that could be the cause of your PC crashing.

because it can cause your cards to go stupid which can cause the safety features in your board to shutdown your computer.

Power states. Turn that shit off in your BIOS and OS power management settings.

Sounds like your USB ports aren't getting enough power.

Don't do this, I did and it released mustard gas and kill my whole family and me.

Maybe he's using the ASMedia USB3 ports.
KB/M always works best on USB2 due to legacy support.

Weird. I'll try that.
Assuming I try a new SLI cable and it still happens, what would be the next suggestion? PSU? Mobo?

forgot to mention that i also disabled some kind of fucking USB power saving option in the device manager, is that what you meant? can't check now but i don't think i've seen anything like that in the BIOS

Ya fuckin casual

they've been connected to USB3.0 ports since i've built the thing, but i tried plugging them into 2.0 ports and it didn't help

Tried removing the driver from the device manager?
It should re initiate the drivers that way.

Molex terminals and connectors are a royal pain in the dick, I have to use these at work and they suck ass. More fragile and much more difficult to work with than any other terminals we use.

You're been trolled you stupid fucking newfag.
Piss off and lurk for another two years before posting again.

why don't you make me, you fucking faggot?

that's what I thought...big internet tough guy....YOU'RE the idiot....YOU'RE the newfag......leave me the FUCK alone.....

no, so it might be worth a shot

also,
fuck me, i'm getting genuine advice on Cred Forums
thank you guise

Don't worry about it.

If you're paranoid about removing the drivers, download some for your mother board before removing the old ones through device manager.
Isn't really needed since Windows have bare minimum drivers that should work, just like it does when you install your OS and can use the mouse there.

My pc keep freezing with sound loops while playing. What can I do?

Stop trying to alt-tab in Source engine games.

he doesn't even have pro gamer RAM to grip easily, it's basically going to be the same story as the power connector.

I have an hd7950 + 4690k

honestly this is the only hard part but you learn how much "abuse" the computer parts can take (which is surprisingly a lot)

basically my first build was me being terrified I might break something trying to jam the stupid parts in because they were all tight fits. But that's all. This isn't like a decade ago when you would have to worry about bending your CPU pins or whatever else.

>Boil water?
>What am I, a chemist?

>gpu fan died
>installed a random cpu over it with like 5 cm distance from gpu
>plugged it into SYSFAN so no temp control from gpu
>still work and never goes above 50 celsius
The new fan arrived but I'm too lazy to replace, any downsides using my computer like this? Its been 2 weeks already and just werks

>"LE JUST LIKE LEGO"
Those fucks are fucking retards with no capability of reflecting on their own world.
They also probably suck at building computers, because you cannot make this statement if you genuinely know what you are doing.

meant cpu fan*

I need to get a brand new PC. Any good deals going to happen on cyber monday?

> any downsides using my computer like this?
no temp control from gpu
mine goes passive at low load

this thread is gold and a proof that not everyone can be a master racist.

Disconnect the power cord and let the motherboard soak in the sink for about 30 minutes. It should come right out with little effort.

t.Faggot who can't do what 6 year old ruskies can do

>These fuckers don't know that WD-40 isn't conductive.
>These fuckers don't dab (a tiny amount of wd-40 on a non-fibrous cloth on the sides of their molexes so those fuckers come out smoother than a 12 year old sander)
>These fuckers don't spray a tiny amount of it in the bearings of their fans to basically increase their lifespan by a year.

I have plans to immerse my computer in WD-40, it will be glorious. I will be the most lubed man on Cred Forums. Try and stop me, I will escape and straightjacket, any hold you place on me will slip.

Because of WD-40

Well when you find yourself down the slippery slope, don't ask for duct tape's help to catch you, faggot.

>front panel connectors are not standardized (I recently built a hot-wire setup with two jumper cables to start a PC, because my only case was an old Acer OEM thing and couldn't connect the power button without extra soldering work)
>24 Pin cables are Satan's spawn
>I/O shields will literally drink your blood
>Gotta make sure you got all the right connectors on your shit, especially the PSU, when you select your hardware. And don't you dare miss anything, or you may need another PSU or mobo or something. Or a bunch of adapters that may or may not be reliable
>Also, pray that your SATA power cables are long enough
>Oh and having a CPU socket is not enough. You also need the correct chipset. And both change every one to two years, because fuck people who intend to upgrade
>Have fun trying to remove a double-slot GPU from an mATX board, as the release latch might be impossible to reach without a screwdriver and a bit of force
>Micro > Mini because some dumbfuck decided that both ATX and ITX should become common
>USB 3.0 connectors are fucking bitches that always feel like they haven't connected properly
>97 audio connectors still exist
>Good luck trying to figure out AMD's CPU naming scheme and god may help you if you actually think their official website will give you any useful information
>Fucking molex connectors are finicky as shit
>You wanna add another PCI-E card or two? Oh shit, consumer CPUs only have 16 PCI-E lanes

>Implying I even fear what lies at the bottom, for even it will be unable to grasp me in its jaws.

One day I will work out a way to WD-40 my soul, and then even Death's Scythe will not stick to it when it sweeps. Enjoy your adhesive heresy stuckfag.

>asking Cred Forums for computer help

Nigger did no one teach you how to use your tools? You DO have a tool kit right?

>writing an essay in greentext
>being this autistic

>ad hominem for effort
Have we really fallen this low?

>red herring for effort

it's a casual filter.