WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING SO DAMAGE SPONGY THE FUCKING RAPTORS TAKE LIKE 10 HITS TO KILL

WHY THE FUCK IS EVERYTHING SO DAMAGE SPONGY THE FUCKING RAPTORS TAKE LIKE 10 HITS TO KILL

Other urls found in this thread:

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
trogg.net/MHCalc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

So, Monster Hunter thread.

What's the most satisfying part to break, and what's the best weapon to break it with?

My vote goes to Alatreon horns with Hammer.

>What's the most satisfying part to break, and what's the best weapon to break it with?

Any face part with Wyverns Fire.

>tfw no mhgenerations on vita

Blos horns since their stagger makes it look like it hurt them, alot.

Tail cut with perfect GS charge

How do I start playing Monster hunter? Where do you suggest I start?
I have a PC and a 3DS, but would prefer to play on PC.

>Wyvern's Fire
>Not Blast Dash

emulate P3rd, it is by far the noob friendliest game. Everything else doesn't matter

Emulate MHFU/Portable 3rd with PPSSPP if you have a controller

I JUST WANT A BIGGER FUCKING SCREEN
IS THAT TOO MUCH TO ASK?

>Not releasing your load on a charging monster

Blast Dash is cool and all but WF will always be the best.

Thanks for the reply, no controller unfortunately.
Next best option?

MH4U on the 3DS. You can't really play MH with mouse and keyboard.

Or just get a controller, they aren't that expensive.

Buy a controller or buy Generations/MH4U

Arts and styles make Gen much more easy than P3rd ever was

>Monster Hunter announced for PS4
fuck yes
>Frontier
the wait continues

It's pretty clear what the answer is here - Dragon's Breath (near the end of the cooldown), Blast Dash, unload all the ammo, then finish off with a Wyvern Fire.

>when you break a diablos' horns mid charge
Bretty good man

>tfw no gunlancing bros

I am legit jelly of all those japs who have gunlancing buddies.

I like gunlancing but I hate hunting in groups.

WHY THE FUCK YOU CAN'T BREAK AMATSU'S CHEST

LITERALLY

FUCKING

WHY

Same for Tigrex head staggers.

I don't like to hunt with more than 1 other person. 3 or 4 people just makes everything end too quickly.

Hello I am the worst elder dragon

sup bro

>Kirin will never have a pellet magnet in its horn ever again

Sad days.

>implying his armor set isn't GOAT

How hard is the great sword to use?
It looks so fun.

Is there any legit reason they reused maps from previous games?

It's all placement and monster pattern recognition

it's moveset is extremely simple, you just unsheathe charge and smack the monsters face

Gen was kinda made as a celebration of the series, same reason you go back to the villages from previous games

Because it's supposed to be a title celebrating past MH games. Going back to places like Forest and Hills or Deserted Island hits people in the nostalgia.

Because this is an anniversary title that's suppose to celebrate previous generations

also because capcom is cheap and reusing assets is what they do

No one cares about that meme armor anymore

That one god tier charm you got on a previous MH game that you missed so much, wich is it?

My Handicraft +7 OOO Charm from MH4U, that charm alone made many sets suddenly good. Havent got anything close to that in Gen, the best one is a +5 Elemental OOO but its a crutch.

Any gunlance set recommendations besides seltas set?
Was thinking a mixed set between silver los and other crap to get razor sharp, tenderiser, critical eye and critical up

That set you want as its good as its going to get. Doing anything that buffs up the guarding capabilities or the shelling is pretty useless.

>You can't really play MH with mouse and keyboard

Even though they have games that a KBM is the primary input method.

Really? I tought artillery up was a must since I planed to go adept and abuse the slam, but what do I know, first time trying out the gunlance

artillery novice is fine, but you should eat for anything above that

rest is just your usual sharpness attack up shit, there's nothing really special about gunlance if you don't buff your guard

you could wear the load up headpiece if you're going for the full bursts and think a 20% damage increase is good

You can lock the meter in place with Wyverns Fire or Dragons Breath but since you are going adept you wont want to take Breath because Absolute readiness is way better. Abusing the slam isnt recommended either, it leaves you too wide open. Shells dont scale with affinity or sharpness or raw, and the majority of your damage comes from stabbing shit in the face.

Gen is garbage, why would you want it?

Load up is shit, hayabusa is much better.

Yes I'm sure a 5% damage increase is great for someone who plays adept gunlance and only uses the attack that doesn't use affinity

Some maps are just good.

Besides, we don't need more Ingle Isles so might as well just not fix what isn't broken.
Or slap ledges everywhere either.

Seltas set is a really good starting point for gunlancing at High Rank, however due to not having any Guard points makes your guarding capabilities rather weak, however the shield from Lance and Gunlance are already pretty solid on their own, but having Guard +1 or +2 will definitely help you.

If you are willing to do some mixing with set pieces you can get the most important skills for gunlance without any issues, provided that you have a good charm that is.

Like Razor Sharp, Artillery Expert and Guard +2 .

>How hard is the great sword to use?
If you can sheathe your sword and charage attacks, it's not hard to use at all. Just slap focus on there and maybe Crit Draw and Quick Sheathe and you're fine.

Guard+2 is entirely optional since he should be absolute guarding everything anyway

I'd say expert is too, but since he is playing adept and wants to go for the full burst lifestyle, whatever, every little bit matters to make that shit worth it

>fight Chameleos
>Ancient Potion has been stolen
>Max Potion has been stolen
>Max Potion has been stolen
IT'S TIME TO STOP

Did you forget the part where he was planning to use Weakness exploit, CE+3 and critical up, retard? A 20% increase on a really bad move isnt a good thing.

Run Mycology
Chameleos doesn't like mushrooms for some reason

I don't understand the point you're trying to make

are you being sarcastic, please respond

If he is going for adept gunlance then he can competely ditch all guard + and just focus on whatever he wants.

that's what I'm saying, although razor sharpness is just a given on a weapon that blows itself up

i never found guard+ necessary even when i wasnt using adept. most things dont chip you, and if i block something that does a considerable amount of chip its pretty much my fault for being in a position where i needed to block. also i like immunizers to recover said chip damage

>mfw no blos in gen

siliconera.com/2016/05/16/capcom-new-monster-hunter-game-along-major-titles-planned/
>In addition to the popular franchise’s upcoming 3DS RPG Monster Hunter Stories, Capcom has plans for a new Monster Hunter title and more according to their financial results briefing for the year ended March 31, 2016.
>Keep in mind that two million units isn’t exactly the number Capcom would expect from a main entry Monster Hunter title, but we’ll likely hear about a new spinoff title for the series [for console] in addition to Monster Hunter Stories, based on what was mentioned in the financial results briefing.

Gen is not a real MH game because of the lack of Blos.

I always start out MH as a hammer bro but then switch to something else later.
In Untie I switched to Gunlancer and I was really bad at it
In 4U I switched to S&S and it was fucking great, good times.
Not sure what I'ma switch to in Gen, I might actually stick out hammer this time around.

Is the hype still there for generations?

Do I cop and play with Cred Forums or just stick to 4U?

no, hype went down

trogg.net/MHCalc/
Are damage calculators like this good indicators for how strong the firepower is on a particular set?

For example according to that calculator a simple set I'm running right now consisting of Akantor GL with Crit Eye +1 and Bludgeoner, I can get up to 307.781 calculated attack with green sharpness. Meanwhile a more optimized set with Hellblade GL sporting say Weakness Exploit, AuL and white sharpness lands 370.871.

Oddly enough, its armor gives Mycology in this game.

Generations has no G-rank
It just doesn't feel right.

i stopped playing 4U a year ago. a black guy at my work yelled at me every time i forgot my 3ds so we can play monster hunter

cute

This,
Especially when you get the cut when they are trying to whip you with their tail and you bet everything on the tail cut at that moment

Nice to see the devs fucked up text again, making it a blurry, headache-inducing mess.

Is there a better Elder Dragon fight than Dire Miralis? The answer is no

This fight is so much fun

>Damage spongy
Another word that means utterly nothing now.

other peopls patience with gl shells

I just can't feel any satisfaction if I'm not made to artificially restart progression at least twice

Yian garuga's beak with the hammer. Other than that, tails with the bushido special of the longsword.

Nakarkos, downside being way too easy.

GS - Aerial. It's all the fun of a hammer, but with extra added cut. PLUS you can block if you ever need to.

how are elder dragons still not extinct?
I mean hunters kill them by the hundreds daily but they keep coming?

elder dragon grinding hunts are probably not canon