Where did it all go wrong?

Where did it all go wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_ht1EdAU
youtube.com/watch?v=nssWwNu0nzM
youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88
twitter.com/AnonBabble

343, why do you even need to ask his question

We've had the discussion numerous times.
It went wrong at Reach, and instead of fixing it, 343 decided to burn it all to the ground with Halo 4 and Halo 5.

Series started to slip with Reach, 343 finished it off.
RIP in peace.

Halo 4

2 > MCC > 3 > ODST > 5 > CE > Wars > CEA > 4 > Reach

Will Gears 4 be the Halo 4 of the series?
I'm hoping The Coalition doesn't end up as 343i 2.0.

I'm guessing you missed out on the beta.

Campaign could still be shit but the multiplayer we already know for a fact is top-tier. Literally just a better version of GoW3 that's 60FPS.

No. Honestly I am expecting Gears 4 to be the second best in the series perhaps even the best one when it comes to multiplayer.

The bottom row

I don't understand why everyone hates Reach. I always thought it had best gameplay and an okay story.

With the release of Halo.

>best gameplay
>Armor abilities
>Bloom
>sub 30 FPS
>go to X and defend Y until Z arrives level design
>no damage bleedthrough
>sword blocking
>ARMOR ABILITIES

>okay story
>Literally Who Can Have the Most Dramatic Death Scene?!: The Game

You don't even need to be an assmad book/lorefag to recognize how shit-tier Reach's "story" is.

What is damage bleedthrough?

2>3>1>power gap> Reach>shit>4>massive pile of shit>5

In Halo 2, 3 & 5 (maybe 4 but I dropped it after launch pretty quickly so I can't recall) if you body shot someone who is low shield with a sniper then you'll kill them. In Halo Reach and 2 Anniversary it'll just finish off their shield and they still have full health. Same with melee attacks.

Wanna know how I can tell you've never played Halo 5?

Weird, I never knew about that. To be fair I was never a hardcore player, and I rarely played public matches. A lot of Firefight and silly forge games. I guess I really didn't see the shortcomings of Reach because I never really played those things.

You better be talking about Reach multiplayer you little faggot

reach -> 3 (including ODST) are still fucking awesome

Right after 3 is where it all went wrong

After Halo 3.
ODST was a cash in that didn't live up to its potential and Reach had shitty forge world based maps in the pool along with armour lock being a thing. 4 and 5 aren't even Halo.

343 is really bad at writing game stories, so story wise, that's where it went wrong.

The books are still good though and halo 5's MP is fantastic

no bleedthrough is a good thing.

With bleedthrough, you can be firing at a guy before he fires at you, he starts to fire at you, you both have shields lower then X percent, and he melees you and kills you or you both melee and you both die even though you got the jump on him

Without bleedthrough, if he were to melee you then, he'd just ganrturee his death since only your sheilds pop, and he has to pause after the melee and further loses the DPS race

Also bloom in reach isn't as bad as spread in 3

>ODST was a cash in that didn't live up to its potential
But that's wrong.

Nigga have you played 5? It's actually very good.

Went shit at H4 but now it's as good as it's ever been

After reach because it wasn't bungie anymore.

ODST could have been so much better. Actual focus on survival in the city, less ODST-reskinned--as-SPARTAN gameplay, and just longer in general with a real multiplayer component. Oh well, got one of the best if not the best Halo soundtrack out of it. Still pretty good game desu.

Nope
The beta was great

halo 5's Mp and forge are great though

The only games i play is infinite warfare and modern warfare remastered only games ill play besides butwhole

PRECISELY and EXACTLY at 4

*tips visor*

>sword blocking
>bad

If someone with a sword is within lunging range you literally dont have the damage per second to do literally anything without it, theres nothing you can do, you just die

Just like in literally every Halo game then?

Thats what i said yes

What I meant was that it's not really a problem. You're supposed to not let the sword guy get close..

It went wrong with 3.

>all that cut content
>8 fucking missions
>no custom gametypes matchmaking
>horrible ranking system
>crap servers
>battle rifles out the ass
>shit "end" to the franchises story

I could keep going on and on but whats the point

Reach increased weapon spread, added sprint, and changed maps to be more spread out and less vertical. The change of maps is the biggest problem, as previous installments always had clear intentions for the way each map was supposed to be played, whether it's a frantic deathmatch within a condensed map or driving around during a large skirmish in a large open map. The majority of Reach's maps felt like they were spread too thin, and most of the larger maps were only good for scenarios in Invasion. It was the first shift away from enjoyable couch multiplayer, as its campaign was hit and miss to many players and firefight lacked the arduous difficulty and intensity of ODST's version. In addition, all maps, including the campaigns, necessitated armor abilities like Sprint in order to properly navigate them, as they were no longer built to support stomping and jumping around.

All of these negative elements are reinforced within the 343 titles, which spread maps even thinner and added sprint as a permanent ability. While it's still inexcusable for the new titles no matter which way you cut it, Reach was the progenitor of everything wrong with the 343 Halos. Not to mention the game itself having issues with performance in framerate stability and online matchmaking for Firefight/Campaign was still awful.

HALO Custom Edition PC was GOAT Halo and you all know it.

You're going to get called a troll but 3 is really overrated

343 and the MCC.

They destroyed every hope of MCC being the greatest collection and it pisses me off to no end.

You can always stay out of lunging range.

The only thing that'd have made it perfect is tacked on split-screen

*is

What's so bad about MCC anyway?

It was shit at release
Now its great, but its dead

>absolutely broken game on release
>took about 40gb worth of updates to get it working at a ok level
>too many playlists splitting up the fanbase
>due to the broken release of the game, game probably doesn't have many players
>everyone wants to play halo 3 in BTB
>only 5 (five) H2A maps

It's just a fucking shamble for online.

It's awesome for singleplayer. Halo 5 MP is superior to MCC in every way anyway

I probably would have put 3 further at the front for forge and custom, but that's pretty spot on.

I hate Reach but its better than Halo 4's 20fps mulitplayer and shit campaign

Yeah for single player its hands down the best versions of the games

4 had best Cortana and 3rd best campaign after 1 and 2. This is objective fact.

Literal bullet curve.

youtube.com/watch?v=UL1_ht1EdAU

>power weapons shouldn't be powerful

>>only 5 (five) H2A maps
There's 7

Went downhill starting with Reach. ODST was actually pretty fun even though I didn't play it more than twice. Really dug the ambience.

3=1>2>ODST>Reach>5>4

Didn't play Anniversary or MCC and Halo Wars isn't the same genre so doesn't count.

That's still shit yet I find H2A to be polished and fun to play online but the H2A is pretty much dead

>Reach higher than anything
>3 above 2

Kill you are self my man desu

it all went wrong after this

You realize litterally every single halo game has this right

>ODST
>MCC
>Halo 5
>bad

Weak argument, Halo 5 has the best campaign along with CE and Reach

Why is the halo fanbase so fractured and can't agree on anyhing?

user I like Halo 5's MP but holy shit what

If it ended at 3 it would have gone down as a cult classic and Cred Forums would praise them in 3x3 threads

are you seriously saying you had more fun in 2 than 3?
is that what you are trying to imply? just trying to clear this up

Sure, m9.

youtube.com/watch?v=nssWwNu0nzM

> aphex twin moonlights as a video game dev
truly a renaissance man of our time

there's almot no assist in that video compared to halo 4 and 5.

youtube.com/watch?v=6qfx9eoB-88

When it moved onto the bottom row.

>Halo 1
Revolutionary for a console FPS
>Halo 2
Set the standard for online console FPS games
>Halo 3
Basically built on everything from the past 2 games, wasn't quite as groundbreaking as te other two since plenty of FPS console shooters were flooding the market at this point
>Halo Wars
They said an RTS would be dogshit on console but they actually managed to make it good, the absolute madmen
>Halo ODST
The most A-E-S-T-H-E-T-I-C game in the series with a god tier soundtrack

I suppose Halo Anniversary can get a pass but everything else on that bottom row is dogshit.

The bottom half of that picture has 343i's touch
Burn it all down, that's where it went all wrong.

Fucking hell, that was just depressing but I burst out laughing at the part

>343
We need people to know that Master Chief is a human being who has thoughts and feelings along with motives for his actions.

>Bungie
We didn't focus much on the character of Master Chief because we wanted him to be an empty husk in big green armour.

MCC is the definitive way to play all the campagins.
Halo 5's MP is great and it's forge is the best in te series

>Halo 5's MP is great

I respect your opinion but you are objectively wrong. It's Black Ops 3 reskinned