It's finally time for us to admit this wasn't very good

It's finally time for us to admit this wasn't very good

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BsJ1TRMh8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's finally time to come out of the closet OP

It was absolutely incredible. The grafix too once you get over the (legitimate) downgrade buttpain.

I knew it last year when it just came out, you're kinda late here.

>Bethesda lie about downgrade and cut features
>FUCK BETHESDA
>San lies about his game
>FUCK SEAN
>CDPR lie about downgrade and dumb the game down
>OMG BASED SLAVS
"It's okay when japs and slavs do it" is nu/v/'s motto these days.

>Stupid ass girlfriend likes this garbage.
>Tell her it's just a game where an albino kills monsters and ploughs sluts.
>She replies "And that's a bad thing?"

I slapped her.

The downgrade was a major bummer. But the game still looks great. Usually a game looks great in trailers and then looks like shit on release, Witcher 3 looked fucking AMAZING in trailers and still looked incredibly good in the release.

Other things the game did right:
>combat, assuming you're not a massive pleb and play it on either hard or very hard and have to use tactics and potions to win fights
>open world that looks beautiful and handcrafted no matter where you are
>the wind effects on trees god dayum
>incredible side quests
>pretty great voice acting all around (except for Ciri she was fucking awful)
All things that most open world games lack. Witcher 3 is a fantastic game on the merit of its execution, not any groundbreaking innovation.

You're dating a slut, user.

I want tW3 with the Nioh's combat system...

The difference is that slavs and japs actually put work into gameplay and storytelling, which balances out the graphical downgrade.

People gave CDR shit too. Just cause you were lurking here Post-2015 Summer doesn't mean there wasn't any shit talk.

There was so many threads with that one streamer that showed the downgrade weeks before release.

The Polack shilling made me hate the game.

>Dating a slut.

Of course, she is a woman after all.

Are you jealous of Geralt, user?

Who is this sperm siphoner?

-Shitty quests which involve holding down a button and following a line to reach a monster or some object
-Garbage story about finding Ciri with the last 15% allocated to the Wild Hunt who basically said twenty sentences and fucked off. -When the most enjoyable part of the game is a random drinking cutscene at Kaer Mohren you know you're in trouble
-Terrible combat system which involves more of the same attack once and dodge to the side with all powers given to at the start so there's no progression. Gets even worse as the game progresses and Geralt becomes invincible on every difficulty setting
-Signs are basically throwing sparklers on the ground
-Horse riding and boat riding feels horrible and makes traversing the world and absolute chore even with the alternate moveset
-Gwent is more enjoyable than the core gameplay
-Choices have absolutely no impact on the game world even after the game itself is finished. All that you get is different powerpoint slides at the end
-Railroaded zone progression. Not allowed to fight identical looking drowners in another zone because they're level 20 and you're level 5 or you'll get your ass kicked due to scaling. This in turn makes the already shitty rewards from completing side quests even worse
-Ridiculous crafting system which only encourages you to craft one or two armor sets during the main story due to the sheer expense
-Flat voice acting from all involved
-Kaer Mohren is basically empty. It has around two side quests and that's it. It's also the only good looking area with decent art direction besides Novigrad
-Extreme levels of graphical downgrade. Just look at the water and the short distance at which the game starts fogging everything compared to the initial demos

Jelly?

Nah, I kill monsters (other people's hopes and dreams) and plough sluts all the time.

Plus I haven't been outside since like March so I'm pretty much an albino now myself.

>people still bitching about the downgrade when it's the best looking game on the market world-size wise

Let's not forget how the exciting "open world" was just a couple of treasure chests placed every 50 meters

Skellige's treasure chests in particular almost ruined the whole game for me

>turn points of interests off

There, fixed it for you

yeah open world fixed yay now I can go follow red lines again or pick some herbs I don't need

thank you user

>not doing an alchemy build

lmao

I did do an alchemy build

I never needed to pick herbs

>literally cucked by some pixels

>slavs and japs actually put work into gameplay and storytelling

Main character models aside, even Bannerlord looks better than Cucker. Even vegetation doesn't look like cardboard cutouts.

Nah.
The Witcher 3 is objectively one of the best games ever created. You're just a salty Soulcuck.

One of the best games I've ever played. It had many flaws, but overall felt like an adventure in a living world filled with interesting characters.

>>open world that looks beautiful and handcrafted no matter where you are
>yfw cdpr had a biologist in their team to tell them "nah, these plants can't grow next to these plants"
the ammount of work they put to make the world as believable as possible is incredible

>best looking game on the market world-size wise
That's Ass Creed Unity though. And in terms of animations, MGSV looks better. Also better optimized.

It's a 6/10. Decent and certainly above the average vidya output but that's about it.

Shame they prioritized the fucking herbs over the gameplay. But hey it sounds impressive in PR atleast.

watch this
youtube.com/watch?v=Z5BsJ1TRMh8

>not playing with the hud turned off

>not playing an actual good game instead where you don't have to make it artifically difficult

There was nothing wrong with Witcher 3's gameplay other than the silly detective vision stuff and movement being a bit awkward since Geralt always has to start the run animation before moving his arse. When I played the game last year I was extremely put off by the overuse of the witcher sense, but I gave it another chance recently and had a blast.

>prioritized
nah, they just care about the little things
I saw it, great stuff

You forgot the combat being an utter turd. They tried so hard to make it accessible and easy that they just fucked all the mechanics over .

>nah, they just care about the little things
And they don't give a shit about the things that matter, like combat and movement.

Wrong. Play it on hard or hardest difficulty. It's great. It's tactical. You need to use potions, oils, and smart usage of your signs to win harder fights.

>movement
felt fine for me, even better when they put out the free update with alternate movement in response to complaining
>combat
you played the game on death march, right?

>Terrible combat system which involves more of the same attack once and dodge to the side with all powers given to at the start so there's no progression. Gets even worse as the game progresses and Geralt becomes invincible on every difficulty setting

Add in there that gerald can just dodge spam, it was in my opinion...Shadows of Mordor tier.

A nice novelty but represents what is wrong with gaming. Negative consequences per your actions should start and end in story telling (which this game didnt do well either), it needs to extend to combat.

Ingame -
>I dodge too early
>enemy swings late
>I dodge again
>a-ok

Should never be like this.

Dream world -
>I dodge early
>enemy swings late
>Dodge cannot be pressed in this small of a time frame again.
>instead a critical block window or a reduced block window to parry some damage.

Games like dark souls go in the right direction with stamina limiting your movement in offense and defense but the simple fact remains, B B B B B B B WWWWWWEEEEEE! Gets you out of 99% of the damage and situations.

>should
>shouldn't

Wow

I'm playing this game for the last few days and I agree. It's so fucking boring, actually. The story sucks.

MGSV is literally a 360 and PS3 game you dip

Of course it's not very good, it became popular thus neo Cred Forums hates it

It's one of the best games ever made actually

>tfw salty Cred Forums cucks will never EVER be able to change that fact

When fighting more than one enemy on death march or blood and broken bones, spamming dodge and light attack to win is flat-out impossible unless you're very patient and think it's better to drag a fight out for half an hour just to abuse some game mechanics.

>Ingame -
>>I dodge too early
>>enemy swings late
>>I dodge again
>>a-ok

It's wrong though. Your first dodge always has invincibility frames. However if you use a dodge right after another dodge or a swing/spell you lose the invincibility frames. Also if you strike too many times the enemy will not stagger anymore and strike back with a sometiems unavoidable blow. Thus, the Witcher 3's combat is oriented towards a more patient playstyle where you have to wait for an opening to strike and not wail on the enemy until it attacks and you can invicible dodge away to wail on it more.

I've said it ever since the game came out and I'll continue saying it.
The Witcher 1 was great, played it for a hundred hours, The Witcher 2 was great, played it for hundreds of hours, The Witcher 3 was shit, dropped it within 8 hours.
Why? Open World. They fucked the series in the ass by sacrificing all depth for the sake of a large empty map. The game was Elder Scrolls: Witcher Edition.
Not gonna lie, it triggers me that people loved this shit and it triggers me that Cyberpunk 2077 is gonna be open world too in response. CD Projekt Red lost me and it hurts.

>spamming dodge and light attack to win is flat-out impossible unless you're very patient and think it's better to drag a fight out for half an hour just to abuse some game mechanics

It's absolutely doable though and isn't even all that interesting.

Does the game play change that much from 2 to 3 or is your complaint more to do with the level design or lack there of of 3?

What difficulty did you play on? I played on both regular and hard difficulty, what you say is doable in regular and impossible in hard, excluding 1vs1 fights against simple monsters or humans.

Entirely the later. Exploring feels tedious because the map is insanely wide but has barely anything worth finding in it. You're looking for a needle in a haystack.

this

Couldnt finish it
>use Witcher Sense
>boring, stationary dialogue in the exact same camera position hundreds of times
>skipskipskipskip
>next quest - find and speak to eight random bitches about dandelion
>fucking medieval period piece
>legit the most bland main character to ever grace the screen of vidya
>fucking super boring generic dwarf, sorcerer, shitty elf, whatever
>boring ass political intrigue
>a real dearth inanything exciting in the way of upgrading gear or items or anything
>total burnout after trying to complete all the sidequests just to get a feel of the game

Tbh the only memorable thing about the game was the crones and the little forest kid. That part was totally promising
>cue hundreds of hours of muh political intrigue, gotyay

>things that never happened

>political intrigue
we're talking about witcher 3, not 2

The worst is when people start talking about how good the 'characters' were or the 'story', im like, are you fucking joke? My shit on a Sundy morning after a big night out is more interesting and original. Bland

Actually preferred 2. It just felt more novel, more exciting, more surprising. Why everyone is jizzing over this one kinda eludes me but whatevs. Felt kinda clunky too.

Nioh was shit. Gameplay got boring and repetitive even in the demo. 95% of enemies are humans who use the same fucking moves over and over again. After an hour you already can easily kill 40 lvl revenants because they move just like all other human enemies. Monster are also pretty boring and not original. The only interesting one is the huge-eyed monster who glued your autoaim to him
If it will remain the same in final version, the game would be absolute shit