Voxel Generation

This is Voxel Generation. A spiritual succesor to the Megaman Battle Network series.

voxel-generation.tumblr.com/

What does Cred Forums think?

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/LEGO_Ninjago:_Spinjitzu_Smash
voxel-generation.tumblr.com/post/150651707166/digest-01-battle
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>tumblr

All that needs to be said about this shit.

Tumblr is just a blogging platform, m8.

Looks neat from the image you posted.

Might as well mention on the subject of BN-like stuff that Inti Creates is developing the Appmon game on 3DS which is fairly reminiscent of BN/SF in some ways.

What's "voxel" about this? And there's hardly any content on their tumblr page. Is it just mockups or do they really have a working game engine?

There really isn't much to talk about in its current state.

>stealing Mega Man Battle Network's battle system
Absolutely pathetic. Might as well make a fangame.

>dead space in the middle of the field
What kind of pussy designed this?

I forgot that every game must have a completely original battle system. You're a retard.

Make a thread about it when there's some gameplay footage available, all I can see is concept art.

>>stealing Mega Man Battle Network's battle system
tcrf.net/LEGO_Ninjago:_Spinjitzu_Smash

Stop shilling your game. You're as bad as that jester faggot

The new Digimon game has a combat system like BN? I thought it looked like it was a standard turn-based JRPG.

It's not Digimon, it's an original IP by Inti Creates.

In the world this game is set in "Voxel Generators" are an important tool. You can imagine them as futuristic 3D printers, that create any object you want-if you have the right program.
The name is only our working title though. Itll change soon.
Yeah we're early in development so we dont have much footage we can share just yet. We do have a custom made working engine.

It is more standard turn based, but it's similar in setting and deck building. The AR Field is pretty much the Visualizer from SF, as well.

It's Digimon, and it's not Digimon.

>make a ripoff
>pass it off as a "spiritual successor"
???

Not OP, but there's nothing wrong with a ripoff if it's a good ripoff.
That being said, this game looks like shit and OP needs to fuck off.

What is the fine line between rip-off and spiritual successor?

>A spiritual succesor to the Megaman Battle Network series.

That's a funny way to spell Megaman Star Force.

Not that I care because I'm not falling for another faggot trying to create yet another spiritual successor to Megaman again after MN9.

There is already a succesor to BN
Appmonters

why would you need a spiritual successor? there were like, 9 battle network games and I know you fags didnt play them all.

I've played them all at least four times each. Definitely more for those with multiple versions.

What the hell do you think Star Force was?

It's litterally just BN in 3d. The art style is the same, the writing is the same, the character archtypes are the same, the combat is the same, etc

Who cares the game had no right to call itself megaman.

10, actually, and I have. Not counting Network Transmission or Battle Chip Challenge, since those used a different system.

Speaking of unplayed BN games, why the hell has no one put the ____ of Network games online yet? Is it a lack of an emulator, or are copies of the two just really hard to find?

>why would you need a spiritual successor?

Why would you want a new game? There are 1000s upon 1000s of games out between 9 generations of systems and I know you faggot didn't play them all.

I can play that retarded logic too.

>the writing is the same
>the combat is the same

Didn't play it.

It's a major pain in the ass to rip from those old-ass phones from what I hear, and there's just no one with interest who also has the technical know-how to get it done. Don't even get started on emulation, unless we're lucky and they work through Java.

I'd like to see both of them and Legends Five Island Adventure readily available to play someday, though.

Only 6 had proper BN style gameplay. I've played and replayed every single one of them multiple times and yes I definitely want more.

> the combat is the same

have you even fucking played SF? The combat is by no means the same.
There's a reason Star Force bombed terribly after the first game while BN was going strong till the end.

The trouble with indies doing 'spiritual successor's is that they usually just clone the gameplay.

Look, you have the opportunity to do it differently, take a new approach on the formula, or at least make it look different.

Any indie shitter game that has any of the following words in their title is to be immediately disregarded as the trash it is:

>8-bit
>retro
>pixel
>voxel
>rogue
>epic

Do your part and make sure to shun this shit.

It's a grid-based battle system, with fixed attacks tied to the four face buttons (A/B/X/Y).
Aside from the grid on which you fight, the battle only bears some minimal similarities to BN faggots.
voxel-generation.tumblr.com/post/150651707166/digest-01-battle

How the hell are you supposed to make GIF mockups fucktards? That would be almost as much work as implementing the feature itself.

All of these things are on Tumblr. Learn to read.

Working title. Will be changed soon.

literally the only difference combat wise is that there's one less movement axis