Why is healing the worst role in videogames?

Why is healing the worst role in videogames?

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/overwatch-healsluts-turn-playing-support-into-an-erotic-1786553002
archive.is/O3uzF
youtube.com/watch?v=d2Kj7YybM5o
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I can't imagine what kind of person would like to sit and do fucking nothing instead of playing a female avatar, getting a bunch of free fucking shit and actually getting to play the game as a healer.

It's hard to quantify. Healing meters don't really fucking mean anything, and at the end of the day the difference between healing perfectly and healing just enough so that no one dies has no real effect on the duration of the encounter, so who cares how the healer is doing as long as everyone is alive.

Some games have healers able to take on other roles, maybe healing while damaging, buffing people, whatever, but that's still just saying 'well healing is so shit, why dont you do something else while you heal.'

Encounters that are actually engaging, difficult, and fun to heal are extremely rare. Most just aren't really designed with unique or interesting things for healers to do other than 'lots of aoe damage' or 'big spike on tank.' More fights like, for instance from WoW Loatheb and Dreamwalker, would be amazing and breathe life into a stale and dull role.

Another problem with healing is just the last of mechanics in place on most healers. Lots of DPS have many things to track. Dots, procs, buffs, etc. They're rewarded for playing extremely well and reacting to this kind of thing.

In almost every game on the market, healers quite literally just stand still and smash whatever the most efficient heal is. Apply hot. Use aoe heal. Smash fast and strong heal on tank if need be. There's little movement, little reaction. For all of its faults, I think that the MMO game WIldstar handled healing extremely well. The player had to aim nearly all of their heals, leading to healers lining up efficient shots to hit many players at once. One of the healers, the Medic, was even short ranged, so you had to actually run up to a damaged ally and channel short range spells on them to heal. It was engaging, it felt like it rewarded skilled play, and most importantly, the difference between a skill and unskilled healer was noticable and large.

Because "healers" is the laziest way to come up with a support role ever

Something that has the ability to restore a certain amount of HP with just a single click is stupid.

There should be a role where you have defensive buffs that MAYBE restore HP over time or via damage dealt. Or maybe they reduce incoming damage

The only time i've seen healers done right was in a game (i can't remember the name) where it was possible to level up some kind of "herblore" skill that allowed that user to make healing potions with shit you gathered from battles and exploring so you could use them in battle later

Best healing experience I've ever had was playing as the Medic in TF2 vanilla.

Any other healer in any other game is a bitch in-game and IRL.

As it was once said: "When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."

This applies to many things. A good translation doesn't even remind you of its existence. A good maintenance crew steps in before things break too hard. You only start to notice these things when they are done badly.

Same goes for healers in games. Your team notices the healing only when it's not there, but when everything goes right, they won't even be conscious of you constantly keeping them in the game. All the attention is focused on the enemy. The healing becomes a given at that point.

Oh lord, Futurama references.

Healers have their own personal agenda too:

To get that phat l007 so I don't need to thank them for doing their job for the class that THEY picked.

That's like me thanking sluts after I fuck them; they wanted it so I am under zero obligation to thank them.

That's a boy.

My Anime Trap Senses are tingling

>he thinks a shitty American comedy show invented something
What's it like growing up with a television glued to your eyes?

it's a boy in a girls body

I'm 31 and was raised by a single mother.

It wrekt my eyes but I encyclopedia-like knowledge of old TV shows, movies and maymays (long before they were maymays).

It also helped me develop a very appealing sense of humor and wit from watching late night talk shows.

So overall, 8/10

Dedicated healing is boring and shit.
Now if character has some interesting abilities aside from healing it usually makes him the raddest and most useful party member in the game.
Like Ruy in BoF3 who has dragon transformations on top of most powerful healing spells in the game.

>at the end of the day the difference between killing perfectly and killing just enough so that everyone dies has no real effect on the duration of the encounter

Nigga come on now

DPS gives you the catharsis of dealing damage and dodging shit
Tanks are fun because you're actively in danger, up in the face of everything and generally being a wall
Watching your allies health go up is fun in its own way, but having that as your only role is pretty shit boring. When shit goes south your only options are 'heal harder and hope everyone else regroups'

If healers were maybe half-DPS or supported more through CC, displacement, meaningful buffs and debuffs, they'd be more fun.

>implying mmos are fun

>tank cast Threat
>if you don't time your mitigations and movement abilities Boss insta-kills you

>Fail to generate enough threat and boss instagibs the dps/healer

>have to keep boss in special way or stupid dds die from AoE

Deadly boss mods literally plays the game for you as a tank.

>if you install this one simple addon you don't have to play the game
then why play a game at all?

Why is fucking a boy in a girl's body so hard that they succumb to the dick so hot?

battlerite made healers fun

I always play support or healer roles. Like Bard in Ragnarok Online or Disc Priest in WoW (PvP lul)
AMA.

Are you healslut?

I'd rather have two medics in my squad than one medic and a marksman, machine gunner, grenadier, LAT, Engineer, or even HAT.
>tfw nobody volunteers to go medic and you have to force two of your squad members to do it
luckily there are usually volunteers

No, unless you brand everyone playing these roles as one. I find there's nothing more enjoyable to support competent people and make sure they're dispelled / buffed at all times while helping them get kills and dominating everyone.

its the best

i get more satisfaction out of healing others so they can kill everyone then doing it myself

the latter is much easier, however

I usually play support in mmo ganes. I don't remember what I used to play but I was a healer/buffer and I would play with my wife. I was lvl 90 and she was a Rouge or thief or something along those lines at lvl 60. We would do pvp together and my buffs would make her OP. She would take out level 110 players and such. Haven't played a game that good at making support characters since

Not everyone who plays as healer or support is a healsut but everyone with mentality:
>nothing more enjoyable to support competent people and make sure they're dispelled / buffed at all times while helping them get kills and dominating everyone
Is a healslut, I bet you play as female characters too

Being a healer is most fun when its a supplemental thing. Healing and doing nothing else is bullshit. Unfortunately it seems most mmos these days don't have enough creativity to do support past straight healing and / or put huge cooldowns on potions so you have no choice but to rely on a dedicated healer.

Maybe someone can remind me, but the skill tree was huge and branched put alot. I branched it out to get support buffs, heals and Status spells to make enemies fall asleep, stun, poison and stuff. Don't have much else to go on since I can't remember much else

Healers in FFXI were pretty dope, given all the work that went into it.

Like most things in XI, it was a job with a college degree level of understanding, having to balance haste cycle per party member (Refresh as well, if you were RDM or later /RDM), and being able to identify what moves cause what debuffs, in order to use the proper -na spell. The entire time all this is going on, healing the entire party is a thing, due to no markers and XI heavily favoring AoE attacks. The entire time, healers have to balance their MP, as that sets the pace of the entire party.

Then we jump to XIV, where it is whack-a-mole heals, and Esuna fixes anything. It becomes so mindless, that healers end up just becoming DPS that have a potency on cure abilities.

Healing CAN be made into engaging and worthwhile gameplay, but the problem is that devs know nobody wants to do that in comparison to flashy DPS or be the rockstar tank, and water the role down to let any and everyone pick it up as needed.

wtf is a healslut

i have like 500 hours on med in tf2, am i a heal slut?
is that a good or bad thing?

help a newfag out

>It's hard to quantify.
Not really. You either keep people alive or you don't.

It's just that contrary to DPS there is no real ranking once you pass the threshold where you keep everyone alive.
With DPS every further point of damage counts, with heal it is either enough or not, but once it is enough further heal becomes rather irrelevant so there is often no point in giving it your 100%

It's just another excuse for Cred Forums to act all femboy. Ignore it.

I already said I played Bard for example. It's a male only job. Granted I did play a female priest in WoW, mostly aesthetics.
Maybe if you ever kritzed a soldier or demo in TF2 you might get a glimpse how fun it can be to support people. Seeing like 5+ kills on the board within a few seconds is pretty fun.

>no one posted it yet

So you like to be pocket healer with no agency of their own and relying on other to be good

He's exaggerating of course. DBM is mostly for the DPS anyway. As a tank, all you need is experience and knowhow. I only use DBM for the countdowns usually. Everything else I usually know or react to off-hand.

Killing perfectly would mean optimal damage output, everything dying as fast as possible.

Reducing the duration of the encounter.

I want to be a useful player for my FC, which FFXIV healer class is the easiest to understand and which one is the absolute best?

healing people "just enough so they don't die" ie with one health left will effect the battle dummy. Having everyone topped off with full health produces a way different battle than everyone simply surviving. DPS can act more aggressively with more health.

someone should post not shopped, Ben Garrison approved, original pic

>always play support because I'm better at helping people than killing enemies, and I find it satisfying to help my teammates
>helps that nobody else ever picks it
>never have to worry about my main being picked in competitive overwatch
>meme-spewing homosexuals ruined it and now when I try to be useful everybody thinks I like to take it up the butt

It's worthless as it's own separate class desu and the buffs should go instead to some other wizard class or self buff/heals for the other classes.

Mercy or Lucio?

Well a support always has to rely somewhat on others being good no?

>actual MMO healer is the hottest of all three

Aaaaayyyyyy
kotaku.com/overwatch-healsluts-turn-playing-support-into-an-erotic-1786553002

Depends on the map but usually Mercy because she can heal faster and more reliably. On a KotH map where there's a lot of ledges I'll sometimes pick Lucio to knock people off, I'm not a big fan of him though. For me it's either Mercy, or when I feel I need to be a little more offensive Zenyatta.

Which class has their heads up their ass more, tanks or healers?

fixed archive.is/O3uzF

It's fun to truly excel at a role. Any role, really. Healing was particularly fun in Loadout, bless its poor, necrotic soul.

>Log Horizon is the only show that depicts MMO healers accurately
Why is this allowed

>little more offensive
>Zenyatta
>little more offensive
Nigga do you even slap enemy with your balls

Anyone who uses Imp/Devil mercy is a massive fag with shit taste. You know that they are bad at mercy, have awful taste in women, and are probably fantasizing about you putting it in their butt, especially if you are Reinhardt or Roadhog.

Offense

Tanks in my experience. Our MT used to be great though. Everytime he talked on vent we could hear some 10 hour trance mix in the background.

>I will not go by your ridiculous pace
Such healers don't actually exist because if they complain about tank and pace they get shafted for one that doesn't complain

Well you still can't just charge in, and Mercy's gun is also really good. I just meant when I need to do more damage consistently.

How much of a shitter are you?

Playing Field Medic in KF2 with random on HoE difficulty was some of the most fun I've had playing video games

I'd call it boring, not "worst". I must admit I enjoy healing when I'm exhausted as fuck and want rewards/loot with minimum effort, alt tabbing and being distracted at most times, yet, somehow, there are ogreloads of people doing million times worse than me and that makes me wonder if they even want to play the game.

i always knew mercy players have shitty aim, but if you can't hit shit with those balls and get at least bronze for damage you're a shitter

Because it's glorified whack-a-mole for the grossly self-conceit.

what? I'm tired so maybe I'm wording my point like a dumbass but I am just trying to say I pick zen when I want more damage then mercy

is it gay if tetora's your log horizonfu even though he's clearly a man in a girl's avatar? a-atleast he's not a trap, right?

Jup KF2 knows how to do healers correctley
Off tanks and every class in KF2 can deal damage

There are more tanks like that on average, but the most insufferable individuals I've met have been healers without exception.

Healing can either be the most stressful or the easiest role, depending on the competence of the rest of the group.

She's physically a girl but mentally a boy. It's not gay.

I have an idea
Let's take healers away from everything but give no substitution for healing. See how fast that flies.

Depends on game aswell. And PvE / PvP
If it's too easy it's not enjoyable at all.

>Play healer
>Paladin's tanking
Ain't gonna do shit today

You don't need DBM as a tank
You only need Skada

gonna be honest half of the appeal of healer to me is being able to not heal people if they annoy me or i just feel like being a dick

ive had people try to go healer and refuse to heal me in return but i goddamn hate being healed so jokes on them

(Preface: I played every class, mostly tank)

There have been some dungeon runs where the group really is totally retarded, where the DPS would pull first aggro to the party just because they felt like it, or where they would just go ahead and pull a second group of adds to the party before the first was finished, because they thought they could take it, or where the group would just rush right in and start the next pull while I was still drinking and only at like half mana or less.

>Playing BF2142
>Camp Gibraltar
>Endless hell of grenades
>Teammates are going down left and right
>Sprinting around and diving into prone to revive them
>Eventually push back the other team to the next CP
Healing can be pretty fun my dudes
Knowing you helped out the team is worth it

Even shooters have health packs

he mad

I would say exasperating, not stressful. If you are healer and your team sucks dick it's less struggling to keep everyone alive and more "what the fuck are you doing idiot". I find it more stressful when your group is good, or at least highly offensive, because then you actually matter and feel the need to keep eveyone alive.

Get rid of those as well.

Ana

>miqotes in Limsa/Idle

>whole team is medics and rest are snipers
>only a few guys revive and heal others
>join their squad and do most of the work for the team
>people STILL dont look behind them

we usually about to win then some nigger captures the point behind us and then we lose every time

She has tits, and you can dick her vagina. Minds can change, if you try hard enough.

only half mana on healer is okay to start a pull, as a tank I can safely say that unless it's very hard stack of trash pulling at 30-50% of healer mana (while heal still drink till 100%) is no problem, losing even half health over that time would be shameful display

Trap roles are the best

i decided against getting bf4 when in beta i spent the entire time just looking for someone with the balls to play a class worth healing

snipers, snipers everywhere.

where is my manly men

Because you are some entitled DPS-Tard and of course you lack self-awareness to notice that the worst job is DPS.

DPS just has to play their little rhythmgame if its priority-based or just spam their rotation and even then they are the worst people in any MMOs because they are either too fucking dumb to not stand in the fucking fire or have never heard of ''Aggro-Management''.

Damage Dealers in any MMO are worse than cancer. You know its true, 9 out of 10 times a raid or a Group wipes is because one of the DDs is a fuck-up.

That was actually part of the plot for log horizon. The longer they spend in that world the more their minds conform to it

>support gets no love

snipers were a mistake, knife fights are still fun in 2142 tho

World Fraction is a spell that eventually leads to perfect fusion of worlds theoretically.

The longer Tetra's player's psyche is stuck in the Tetra 'anima' or body or whatever the more the psyche is forced to conform to the new anima.

Basically, anyone playing a character that wasn't the same gender became stuck in the body anyway and - if they didn't somehow swap - will slowly lose the traits of their original gender and fully assume the role of the gender of their new body.

This even goes as far as changes to voices.

The body, or anima, is like a cup.

The soul, or psyche, is like water.

anima dictates the shape of the psyche it contains.

Mained a medic dps/healer in raids while I still played wildstar, did all the content before most major nerfs. Healing was truly unique for that class, but mechanically it was less challenging than the hardest wow content I did across the board for healers. If you learned the positioning game you basically won. Not many debuffs or interesting mechanics for healers.

That all being said, even without it be terribly "difficult" to heal in wildstar, it felt fucking awesome. Easily the best to date.

>Healers are either faggots or girls
Nice meme kurwas

I agree for the most part. I'm usually okay sitting down and drinking while combat is going on as long as nobody is at risk of dying. It helps set a good pace.

But sometimes when you are going at a good pace and making quick progress, people naturally start to go by a faster and faster pace, until they get reckless and just start pulling without giving you any time to regen mana.

In those circumstances, it's reasonable to say "slow down or [we all] die"

>play healer in a mmo
>people just run into damage and die while shouting to heal them and im busy healing others
>play any other game like l4d or bc2
>people are no longer damageniggers and know when i can or cannot heal them

mmos are a MISTAKE

healer is the last person after a pet a tank should ask if we go fast, tank knows when he can handle trash, dd can use AoE more to clear it faster

And Tetra goes along with this, and will end up being a perfectly ordinary girl.

Maybe she was gay when she started out as just a roleplayer, but you're certainly not.

I tried healing once and it was worst thing ever cause it was always my fault if something went wrong.

Fucking dps tards are worst thing ever pulling mobs like retards and then expect healer to deal with everything.

>not establishing dominance over femtanks as healer
>not giving them sexual healing

As a tank, I always keep my eye on the healer's mana bar. Assuming everyone is competent, that is the "true" health bar.

Anyone who doesn't pay attention to the healer, doesn't deserve their opinion noted on anything.

>DBM tells you which mitigation is best and exactly when you should use it
DBM plays the game exactly enough for your healer to carry you, scrub

>you can keep those four stacks of poison, idiot
how about you dispel it fuckboi, or do you want to tank and heal?

>healing requires good gear more than any other role in the game
>can't get good gear without doing dungeons at your level
>while doing so you are undergeared and being a liability

My level 40 WHM is i34, and I can't buy anything better for my level since a lot of my stuff is Brayflox. I don't want to even run Cutter's Cry because the game is going to shit in my mouth. Guess I could attempt to get loot in another role. I am a huge pussy.

a self-heal is fine too

So Counter Strike?

>medic has a fucking light machine gun
What were they thinking?

It always comes down to the same question, how much can you compensate for how shit the other players are. Is your tank shit? Well dps better grab those adds while the healer manages whatever resources will allow them to compensate for the loss of the tanking cds. Bad dps? Well that's why tanks and healers should have a way to contribute more to damage by sacrificing the things their role excels at. Also why gradual difficulty ramping is better than strict do or die wipe timers. Bad healer? dps needs to be consistent as well as be able to burst anything that shows up to increase the instance's damage and tank better manage their cds well. There problem isn't with the system, it's having all these details in the execution of every class while having meaningful variety in individual playstyles.

>Is your tank shit?
From my experience it's over, if tank can't keep aggro or undergeared it's guaranteed wipe no matter how good dps or healer are

source of animation please

My dick was so confused when I watched the series. I'm straight but holy fuck that character is so good for waifuing.

She isnt really a trap though because the body is of female.

u keep telling urself that fgt

meanwhile ill be imagining his cock like a real man

>like a real man

Potions add up to a lot of expenses and don't provide all that much healing. They are basically an "oh shit" button so you don't die, and not something you can actually rely on.

Well are you talking mobs or boss fights? Because you can get by on a shit tank through almost anything but boss fights, and even then SOMETIMES bosses as well. Depends on the game really, but taking the average "holy trinity" system games this applies.

>play fractured space
>support ship
>enemy team plots against me and focuses their fire on me at every chance they get
>cloakfag on the other lane whines about me not healing him even though he has been trying to fagcap the enemy forward base without success the entire game

>Be a paladin healer
>Have almost as much HP as tanks
>Have more armour than most plate users
>Have abilities that sacrifice from my massive HP pool to heal weaker classes
>Everybody else runs out of massive AoE attacks
>I just stand there in an invincible bubble healing while absorbing the massive damage
>Sprout wings and dish at decent DPS in burn phases while healing my teammates around me passively

why are paladins so based

Is it that time already?

>2012
Newfag pls go. Cred Forums loves feminine penis

They were thinking correctly is what they were thinking.
BC2 was the first and only time in the BF series where Medics were actually balanced and not stupid strong supersoldiers that bested every other class to the point of making them obsolete in infantry combat.

Because they're pals.

>Tank has 100% of boss focus
>Dps charges out of vision of healer so he can stand in as many AoEs as possible
Sounds about right

i dont understand how people cant love traps

its basic maths

a guy is 1
a chick is 1

so both is 2

2>1

stop denying ur homosexually ppl

For example in FFXIV the ninja job can redirect their aggro on to the tank, and the archer class has an aggro lowering buff that is widely available for dps to cross-class in. On the other hand holding aggro in that game is already stupid easy on single targets.

Chanters in Aion were one of the cooler supports I played in an MMO.

>Support DPS
>Buffs on top of buffs
>Buff switching
>Damage migitation
>Swap around between a secondary healer and a pure dps depending on the situation
>Shit ton of disables and knockdowns
>A fucking quarterstaff

Too bad nobody else played them because they weren't as healslut as Clerics or pulled epeen damage numbers like Assassin, also too bad Aion is shit now.

Things that make healing/support roles engaging:

Positioning in a safe spot, or staying mobile to avoid danger (in just the right way that maximizes your safety while your teammate is still in the best position to deal damage)
Awareness (of surroundings, nearby allies in need, incoming enemies that want to assassinate you)
Switching targets
Clutch moments where you will actually want to switch to offense
Triaging bad/dangerous situations

is it time?

They only people in denial are ones like you. You can not be 100% straight, it doesn't work that way, there always some love for dicks even if you denying it. It doesn't make you gay as long as you don't want to fuck an actual man.

?

when did i say im not gay

????

I mained chanter in Aion when it first launched and it was so much fun.

i want to be bullied by a trap

Because you can't do anything on your own and you hope that your allies aren't a bunch of mongoloids and will do they job because no matter how good you heal, if the DPS is shit, you lose, if the tank is shit, you lose.
It's neither engaging not rewarding unless you play with friends who know what they are doing. Then it's still not engaging but at least it's rewarding.

> 2>1
this is wrong because you're math says
your're pretty gay because since 1 = 1 cock.

and 2 is not an aceptable value.

guy is 1
girls is 0

so:

girl + guy = 1
girl + girl = 0
guy + guy = 2

only binary values are allowed

also you can't prove me wrong because my math also demonstrates that harem is correct.

(girl)^x + man = 1

I can generally insult your taste and make snide comments.

But a guy is a -10 on my sexual scala.
Overall more important, but in sex... nah.

Ooh, please do! My favorite game is Super Metroid!

It's time to get out of the 20th century, fuckboi. Bet you couldn't even fuck my ass in a satisfactory manner.

Log horizon is absolute garbage

WTF ARE YOU DOING

escalated way too quickly

No but I bet you could do wonders on mine. I also like MOBAs.

I don't beat around the bush.

Jesus christ, you're more masochistic than I am. And I routinely take cocks up my ass.

Could you kick it up a notch user? I don't feel sufficiently bullied.

>be healer
>someone in worldchat looking for healer for dungeon for a long time
> /w him i'd join if i can reserve an item
>he says that a caster in the group wants that item too
>tell him either I can reserve it or i won't come
>get invite
>the caster had been kicked

I'd insult your love of MOBAs, but it's obvious that you'd rather get your abuse from Russians in broken English. You aren't worthy of proper bullying.

?
when did i say im not gay

and lol equating sexuality in binary

u fail at maths and being not a fgt

>needing the tank to slow down for him
the fuck are you doing if you're ever slower than the tank?

P-please! I'm desperate!

I'd feel so mean if I did this.

Unless the item was better than what I currently have then it's okay.

The best I can do is bullying your dick with my ass. And only because I wouldn't mind a good romp in the hay. If you can't provide that, then I don't know what you could be good for.

Some tanks are stupid and don't know what they are doing. So if they keep going while you're at almost no mana, then shit is about the get real.

I want to become your personal seat.

Support classes should have major utility that validates their existence and makes them a requirement, but not a specific class because of one ability that's blatantly too good.

I've talked about real self heal abilities, like pali tank can have 1/2 of healers hps all on self heals

>heal wounds
>cure the sick
>ressurect the dead
>get crucified by your own team when things go wrong

Healers are literally Jesus.

i hate the current trend of making healing classes absurdly easy on top of being 1-dimensional

like in kf2 the medgun now auto-aims. you get no choice about this. your whole job is vaguely aiming somewhere near your allies while the game aims for you

its like if you picked sniper and the game clicked on heads for you. no satisfaction. i want to heal people with skill not tedium

You'd better be comfortable. I'm not just going to sit on anything while I play vidya.

They were thinking about making a good and balanced game

Can we not have a healing thread without gay stuff? No? Okay..

I-I'll do my best for you!

Do you want an orc thread with gay stuff?

>being this denial
>being gay

dude, according to your math every result is correct.

like Elephant Furry Dude = 25

EFD + you = 26 and 26>1
(guy)^x + you = x and X>1

also you're complaining about other's math when yours doesn't even have a wrong answer
that's not how it works .

>not wanting to fuck roadpig regardless

You'd fucking better. If I think you've got a nice cock, maybe I'll even let you cum inside me. But don't get your hopes up.

please yes

i main a manly orc tank in every game i can

i let all the classes who lack the sheer manlyness that comes with being an orc (the best race) hide behind my rear

Am i gonna rewatch Log Horizon again?
It was so good. Second season was meh. Too much filler.

would you two faggots please take it to private messages? add each other on Steam and stop shitting up the thread.

posting cute girly boys and talking about healing is one thing but you two have moved past that. you are just ERPing in public. you aren't even doing a particularly good job. hide your shame.

efd=1
a guy is a guy

me=1
a guy is a guy

a guy+a guy=guy with 2 dicks

2>1

lrn to maths u nablet

You're out of luck. That's all I have and I play a slutty nightelf (male).

If my cock isn't good enough will you sit on my face and make me eat your ass?

u tease

>now

Aion went to shit after 4.0, hackers went rampant and no gm cared

t. someone from Siel

Remember when the M60 did 25 damage? I remember.

But we used to roll as a squad with 4 MG3s because of that sweet sweet sound.

You can be sure I'll be getting something out of you. You'd better put that tongue to good use if you're going to try and do something to me.

Anything for you master. I want your stench to dominate my senses.

>stench
Excuse you. I pride myself on being extremely clean and smooth. The only stench there might be is a bit of gentle perfume. How dare you imply otherwise.

This is the worst erp I have even seen. And I've seen a lot of Sonic erp.

>>etc
I don't know how anyone can't get second hand embarrassment from this.

nigga it's time to stop

I-I'm sorry ma'am!

I know Im bad at english and the values of my equation were wrong
but youe're still giving me 2 as an answer you faggot.

unless you give me something to prove that 2>1 is better and a way where your math give us a wrong answer you will fail at math,

stop ruining the weird roleplay guys

im enjoying it

I honestly don't do the "dom trap" thing so I'm just rolling with it. Sue me.

whats the source on this

i love that look of utter disgust

>people actually do this unironically
>and enjoy it
you need some fucking jesus

>Sue me.
Honestly, I would. Reading that dealt some serious emotional damage to me.

>This thread

>asking for proof that 2 is over 1

wow

wooooooooow

wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

>implying you weren't lowkey jackin it

stop right there you piece of shit.

this is not about proving that math is right.

is about using math to prove your point.

2>1

thats my point

anything else is your reaching like people trying to justify liking dick yet not being gay

What anime is that?
anyone know? Thanks a lot!

This shit is the reason why god strays further from us every day.

Technically it's a boy, but he's in his 100% female MMO avatar, so it's ok to fuck him.

I want to fuck Ruirui

>Wants to be a WHM to have all 3 classes available so that whenever my FC needs a Tank/Healer I can help them out
>HealerSlut appeared

Why do you have to make shit so difficult, Cred Forums?

Log Horizon

Because in order for healing to be engaging and actually matter the rest of the party has to be complete shit.
If they're already wrecking everything in their path then the healer is really only there as insurance and doesn't actually do anything meaningful.

your math in sexuality makes everything correct.
which is wrong and you know it.
that's not an utopy. it's degeneracy at it's maximum.

im still right tho

I started playing healers in MMOs because I wanted to get passed around like a dirty slut and I was not disappointed

no, dude.

you can't be right is there's no wrong.

Any classes like this in newer mmos? Sounds fun

im always right because maths is never wrong

No. In Medievil 1, the final boss has a phase where your forces when you were alive, rise up from the dead to fight for you one last time.
Zarok (the enemy) unleashes his elite soldiers onto them.

You have to use a modified lightning bolt weapon which transfers your HP onto your troops to keep them alive, but inefficiently using the weapon will result in you losing all your HP and dying. It was pretty amazing, and quite the challenge back then.

I really wanted to like Log Horizon, but it felt like they were just making shit up just for filler.

Does the series get better after the goblin king shit or not?

>im always right because maths is never wrong

math is right, not you or your argument.
you're not using math to prove it

that's fallacy. its ad hominem and you're are a faggot.

stay gay and wrong. I dont care anymore.
i'm done.

Rui is for suffering, not sexual.

I like playing healers when they can take a more active role in the fights.

Just sitting in the back and waiting for the others to take damage isn't very fun to me.

I find keeping idiots up harder in wow than just doing my rotation and dealing with mechanics. It's like situtational selection of abilities outside of filler vs a rotation

Maybe other healers are different, only ever really played holy and MW but I find shadow, WW and enh much easier to play in raids and 5 mans

so u admit im right and u like the gay dicks

is good

Is it gonna get better? I watched the first 2 episodes and got incredibly annoyed at the narration.

>I cast snare. Snare lets me snare my opponents so they have harder time getting to me. It is only a low level spell so I could use root to completely block the enemys movement by binding them with roots.

I don't even have a reaction image for how mad it made me.

Are the water-coolers supposed to be mana tide totems?

>not playing the support class
>not saving your ranger by dropping howitzers on him and rescuing him with the tank as you're driving backwards, blasting into a horde of ants chasing you
>not dropping the fist of god on filty xenu

probably mages

In my experience, there was only one Healing Class I enjoyed, and that was Red Mage from FFXI. The thing about that job was that you had way more at your disposal than just cast Cure on people. You could cast almost any black or white magic in the game barring the more powerful Black/White Magic. Versatility.

>Tfw Elder Tale will never be real

what do you choose, Cred Forums?

That makes much more sense actually.

say what you say, but the Medic perk in Killing Floor games is both fun AND helpful as fuck.

Not to mention surprisingly effective way to stay alive, thanks to its movement speed. You can also provide support fire by buying off-perk weapons.

Dragon Age?

>no balls
I could never understand the appeal of this. What's the point of a feminine dick without feminine balls to hang over the vagina?

Druid class erry day

I came here to say this is 100% true

I actually can this becoming a really good MMO.
Shame it never will.

I was actually playing bubble-priest in WoW and had fun, so Shaman.

>Pre-nerf disc priest
>Killing people with their own damage

>Wotlk 25% haste disc priest casting 5k smites on 30k healthpools

>its a dude
actually the players in log horizon are becoming more like whatever form their character is so technically no.

>tfw no season 3
just assassination my shit up senpai

How do we make MMOs good again without utilizing this trinity stuff

>not just having a team of damage dealers so you stunlock the boss to death

Why the fuck is this not an MMO yet?
Classes/subclasses are so good, mechanics are good and even "The real world replica" idea with unique server maps/dungeons/events in every country with ability to travel between them is just plain brilliant.
WHY IS THIS NOT AN MMO YET? This done right can be true WoW killer.

>that picture
>WoW baby's actually believe this

I'm actually laughing at you

>mfw I'm a rogue
>I pull all the time
>tricks of the trade and transfer all my threat to the tank
>healer doesn't heal me
>mfw I live anyway since I have self heals
BTW sometimes a healer really pisses me off so I tricks them and blow all my CDs.

Guess who gets blames for being shitty.
Not me

Artist?

This.

Best classes.

what do you think happens when we see you doing dumb shit and press fade

You don't know how threat or Tricks works do you?

>literally being taken off the aggro table is not going to stop you from taking aggro
I'll bet you think feign death and vanish don't work either

>healers in Battlerite
You have limited HPS but you also get to shit out damage and disables
I can't count the amount of times I've over doubled my shitter DPS's score and beat them in damage
Healers > damage

DATABASE DATABASE

Summoner yo.

Healing's fun in FFXIV because you can spend a lot of time throwing out damage and White Mage is one of the best trash nukes in the game.

Which makes it all the more annoying when I've got a cohealer who's just picking their nose and/or making sure everyone's topped up 100% of the time. The skill floor is hilariously low but it gets really enjoyable if you actually push yourself.

>Tfw I still listen to the OP once in a while
youtube.com/watch?v=d2Kj7YybM5o

i always parse random dungeons because i try to match or overtake the dps while playing healer.

>tortanic
>they made the game retardedly casul when it comes to "basic" group instances
>99% of bosses have multiple aoe-heal stations so theoretically you can run them with 4 dps
>99% of groups this is next to impossible to achieve due to shit groups and/or low levels (your level and equipment get boosted to max, but no new skills/abilities)
>go healer when possible because you can usually carry hard on those situations
>boss fight time
>random shitters won't bother to move away from the big ass red marker in the ground
>they will, however, stop everything they're doing in order to rush to use a nearby heal station when under 99.9% HP
>use cd on people quickly dropping to 50% for one reason or another, mostly because of the previous reason
>"nah I'll just head over to a heal station despite having a dedicated healer AND right after being topped because he blew all cd :)"
>shit gets really serious somehow
>all stations on cd
>no cd on myself
>still survive most of the time because how ridiculously easy this game is
I will never understand this shit.
And by this shit I mean me playing this sorry excuse of a game.
And also how in CURRENT YEAR people still don't know how to not stand on the fucking fire.

I just realized that these guys also did the Iron-Blooded Orphans OP.

the seriesĀ“ MMO is based on numerous different IRL vidyas and their typical traits. That + the fact that thereĀ“s some heavy competition on the market (WoW is still quite a behemoth) = lack of inspiration to even try it out.

Plus, the author of the series was fined and jailed for tax evasion just last year, and has now lost most of his reputation in the eyes of Japanese people. Thus, S3 may never ever happen.

This is why I can't stand healing in other MMOs. I would love to return to XIV but it's not like I made any attachments in the game when I played.

Why is DATABASE the only good MMO based anime?

>the author of the series was fined and jailed for tax evasion
How ironic, when the second season is all about getting infinite pools of money to prop up the economy.

Fellow torfag here. I know how you feel. Look at it this way, if kotet sucks then the game will die and EA will force us to stop.

Because it's the only MMO based anime. SAO is just a generic shonen with a lot of ecchi, Fate Stay Night is a porn game, and No Game No Life is a comedy.

Because its author actually DID play MMOs.

what the fuck are you talking about

Fuck off, you're ruining my chances of getting e-peen bashing shows I haven't watched.

>fate stay night
one of these things is not like the others

one of these things doesn't belong

No Game No Life isn't based on MMOs either. I have seriously no idea what that user's going on about. The only shows I know that use MMOs as a theme are SAO, LH and .Hack

Is this credible?

Liking futa on female is perfectly fine, since it is more straight than a normal relation. But liking traps alone BECAUSE OF THE DICK is very fucking gay.

what about that newer one

i don't know the name but it has goblins, ecchi and suffering. The protagonists party is weak as shit i think.

>likes FE4
>waifu is Ira
Dude has some good taste.

>fire emblem
>EQ2
>a fucking Ultima
Truly a man of refined taste.

Kira Kira is the best VN on that image. Gotta play all the routes for good end, though.

But TF2 Medic is a great role to play.

>your role is basically Twister plus surfing on fucking explosions and turning people into gods
>you can add Ubersaw melee fighting and Crossbow sniping into the mix inbetween healing to either land dank heals or dank frags

My only gripe is that he's actually TOO good. So good that he's mandatory to win. Crossbow and Ubersaw should be nerfed a bit so that his other primaries/melees are viable and he isn't so OP.

I miss those fuckers.
Only healer I ever had fun with.

Hai no Grimgar.
Not MMO.
Real world, no stats, skills need to be actually learned the hard way by training until you can finally do it, no GUI... I don't really see why people are saying it's based on an MMO. Does having magic and goblins make everything an MMO?

I unironically like SAO.

>My only gripe is that he's actually TOO good. So good that he's mandatory to win.
That's how healer works. The alternative is that they are useless. There is literally nothing in between. Either he keeps you alive or you die.

Before I ask about anything like taste or powerlevel, may I ask why you've enjoyed watching it?

>playing ESO
>have to rely on just having all equips to refined legendary and be some levels higher basically brute forcing through shit trying to solo world bosses and shit because skills have this weird lag and don't auto cancel when trying to do specific things at certain times so I can't properly use all of my skills without dying from shit taking forever

REEEE

literally no point in using more than 5 abilities and ult since I keep casting shit twice in a row by mistake. Game would be perfect if it had the fluid casting of FF mmo.

What if he keeps me "not quite dead?"

It's like a goalie. You can only fuck up, not shine through.

>That's how healer works. The alternative is that they are useless. There is literally nothing in between
this is literally wrong though. Overpoweredness in video games is a sliding scale, not an on/off switch.

Medic's ways of impacting the game- healing and damage, primarily- are summed up in numbers, and these can be reduced to any decimal point you want.

If Medic is overpowered at 25HP/s and underpowered at 10HP/s, for example, nerfing him to 18HP/s in the healing department would reach something akin to balance. Not saying that's what should be done, just that everything in the game can be reduced to numbers, including the value of healers.

As one other example I'll use Soldier's Concheror unlock. It provides a nice passive self-heal regeneration as well as a later area heal buff once you've done enough damage. It's quite well balanced-- just slightly less used than Soldier's Gunboats and Shotgun. It's not essential, and it's not useless.

Medic can be made the same. I don't mind him being slightly OP to encourage people to play him, but in his current incarnation he's a ridiculous healing AND fragging machine with all the buffs Valve has given him.

it follows MMO storyline:
1. there are guilds that give you ranks
2. You're in a team mostly 5 guys, one tank, one heal, all other varying dps
3. They kill mobs and progress further so staying in one place on same fucking boars is discoraged
4.Dungeons with bosses
I see why they will think it's MMO on Cred Forums and Cred Forums, if you ask /tg/ I'm sure they will say it's like D&D and other pen&paper games

I enjoyed the LNs.
But I'm aware I have some hilariously shit taste.
No-one must ever know.

I unironically think you have shit tastes

>Concheror
Is a crutch for people who can't rocket jump. If you can't rocket jump in TF2, you're not allowed to play this game.

patrician taste

Enjoy SAO > hate SAO > normalfag liking SAO

The he's mandatory because if not for him, you would be "quite dead".

If healer keep you just alive, it means that he is mandatory. If he doesn't keep you alive, he's useless.

That's how it works.

It's irrelevant to stats. If a healer can do his job he will always be mandatory. If he can't do his job, he's useless. There is no inbetween. That's not just how pure healer work, it's how any support works. And Medic in TF2 is actually not pure healer but a support with buffs and heals.

If you can win games without support, then you don't want support because you can just get more tanks/damage dealer. If you can't win without them, then you will always want them.

The user complained that Medic is mandatory. That will stay in that way until any other class can tank everything and not die, which will make Medic useless.

>abrakadabra.jpg

Roamers who CAN rocket jump use it infrequently with BB as part of a regen loadout. Even in insomnia events it's happened.

There's not so much difference between "take reduced damage from rocket jumping" and "slowly heal damage you've taken". Both are passive buffs that improve your survivability.

> If a healer can do his job he will always be mandatory. If he can't do his job, he's useless

That's fucking bullshit though.

Yes, a healer's job is healing. So are you saying that if a Medic could only heal 1HP/sec he would still be "mandatory"? Because he's doing his job by definition.

There IS an inbetween, and that inbetween is determined at the numerical healing value between "HP/S where healer is mandatory to win" and "HP/S where healer is useless".

It's a sliding scale, not a black and white situation like you keep saying.

>If you can win games without support, then you don't want support because you can just get more tanks/damage dealer. If you can't win without them, then you will always want them.

All bullshit meaningless prose. There is a numerical value of healing that can be found where SOME OF THE TIME the healer is mandatory and SOME of the time not mandatory, depending on how much damage your enemies are doing. And since you can't change class on the fly, this makes healer a valid choice without being a mandatory choice at the class select screen.

nearly all teams at i58, the best tf2 players in the world, were running Shotgun over Gunboats. Guess they can't rocket jump lmao???

>So are you saying that if a Medic could only heal 1HP/sec he would still be "mandatory"?
No, because as I said, if he can't keep you alive, he's useless.
That's his job. Healing isn't his job, it's keeping you alive for as long as possible. Healing is just the means to the end.

>There is a numerical value of healing that can be found where SOME OF THE TIME the healer is mandatory and SOME of the time not mandatory
There isn't. After a while of playing people will find the optimal combination of classes. Healer will either be in it or out of it. If he can keep you alive for a good amount of time, he's in, if not, he's out.

>No, because as I said, if he can't keep you alive, he's useless
So what do you define as "keep you alive"? For how long does a Medic have to "keep you alive" to be considered a viable class choice as opposed to useless? You're full of shit.

You don't KNOW whether Medic will keep you alive or not, because you don't have prior knowledge as to how much damage you will successfully dodge and deal against an unpredictable human enemy.
>After a while of playing people will find the optimal combination of classes
TF2 isn't an MMO, it's a (roughly) skill-based arena shooter. You fight against unpredictable human enemies and you may or may not take significant quantities of damage that are large enough to kill you without a Medic present. This is what makes players think about whether they should use a Medic or not.
> If he can keep you alive for a good amount of time, he's in, if not, he's out.
You keep repeating this dumb-ass simplification of the situation and I'm tired of repeatedly correcting it, so the discussion ends with this post.

"keep you alive for a good amount of time" is an abstract quantity which you clearly have difficulty defining. So you can't actually say whether a healer is viable or not by your definitions.

With actual objective numbers, combined with player usage rates, you can look and say "oh, players have 100% Medic playrate in competitive, let's nerf his numbers by, say, 10%." And with this you can make incremental changes until the playrate of Medic is at something like 60%. At this point, some people think it's worth picking the Medic, and some don't.

That's how game balance works. Not by starting from the assumption that you can literally never balance a game mechanic.

>WoWfags need addons to tell them how to play
jesus christ