Will there ever be another good C&C game or is the franchise officially dead?

Will there ever be another good C&C game or is the franchise officially dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_R9lWw6Bx8
youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its one of The deadest videogames there is

>Command and Conquer 4 exists
>Tiberium got cancelled for "quality reasons" but C&C4 still made it out the door
>Generals 2 almost made out the door as a P2W travesty but someone had a spurt of common sense and cancelled "the game you didn't want to play"

C&C has been dragged through the mud enough

>P2W
Meant F2P

Just play one of the old ones. They still exist and they're still fun.

bumpin

Never ever

we are going to have to act, if we want to live in a different world
youtube.com/watch?v=H_R9lWw6Bx8

But did you really?

Ah, the first C&C. A fantastic game, but it sadly hasn't aged well at all.

The screams they used to make when they died scared me when I was younger.

>1996
>Junior High
>New internet cafe in town
>hs senior nerds would have huge C&C tournaments
>all the younger nerds would sit quietly behind them cheering and watching
>Ion strikes on harvesters cause a roar
>tournaments weekly until 930
>owner gets a flu
>never been sick before
>takes every medicine he can find and ODs
>we all show up for weekly tournament to find his family shuttering the place

sadness

gentlemen this...

gentlemen this....

gentlemen this...

...is about combat

>the first C&C

Hope you weren't refering to the picture, friendo.

No no, you were right the first time. You had to pay real money for higher tier units

Tiberium Wars also was a shitty game to be honest. Didn't felt like a proper CnC game.

Also, what about Renegade X? Do people play it?

>Also, what about Renegade X? Do people play it?

I think theres only 1 populated server and being an ausfag I get terrible ping

no
>tfw EA killed C&C Westwood, Dead Space, NFS
>for the same yearly trash Fifa and BF

Anyone who continues to play the Battlefield franchise after BF2 might actually have brain damage or legit mental retardation.

Silos needed

Bad company 2 on console was legit fun where they cared more about explosions and arcade gameplay over GRAPHIX and edgy new gameplay

Just let it rest in peace.

They can still salvage the Red Alert side of the franchise. RA3 wasn't great, but it wasn't a C&C4 as it still had glimmers of what made C&C good in it under all the shit.

EA proper murdered it with the travesty that was C&C 4. They are not capable of making a good C&C game even if they wanted to revive the series.

How the fuck did they even make 4?
3 was kinda fun and good but fuck 4 was dogshit.

>lets take what makes C&C good like base building and remove it all
Genius.
I don't get it either. If they had asked the fanbase about it before hand they would have told them not to bother or start over again.

>Also, what about Renegade X? Do people play it?

I played it to death for about a year, but quit after the Patch which let you keep buying vehicles even after the Airstrip/War Factory was destroyed. As soon as one team lost their production facility, they immediately turtled up, and because they could still slowly amass more tanks, it was impossible to grind them down with attrition. Every game turned into a boring stalemate.

I don't even know, no fucking clue how that level of ignorance regarding your own franchise is even possible.

I had a lot of fun with C&C 3 MP with friends, even if it's not one of the classics.

>I played it to death for about a year, but quit after the Patch which let you keep buying vehicles even after the Airstrip/War Factory was destroyed.

How fucking stupid, I hope the changed that because I'm currently reinstalling it.

>there will never be a good generals 2
why even live?

C&C was not selling any more and MOBAs were getting big. So they tried to make some horrible MOBA hybrid

youtube.com/watch?v=fnd0qg4I_MM

I remember finding this place!!!!
Too bad it wasn't usable......
The old Mammoth tank was cool

fucking EA
>lets kill C&C and make a niche game like Mirror's Edge

It was pretty dumb. The intent was to make matches feel less one-sided if a team lost their vehicle production early, but it backfired badly. If they've reverted that change I might give it another shot, because it was pretty damn fun up until then.

ACCCHHKKKNOWLEDGED

Genereals are not C&C.(!)

good times