a few months earlier and maybe it would have done better

Bad advertising
Bad timing
Bad style
Bad PR

...StillBorn is a tree? I don't get it.

Okay ignoring everything Gearbox did wrong

Let's say you're launching a game
and a behemoth of a company is having a beta for their very similar game at the same time.
That is gonna kill the press and interest in your launch, meaning the initial influx of players will be greatly lessened. This means that word of mouth won't be as effective as people will be playing and talking about the other game instead. So basically your playerbase gets gimped, thus your possibility for growth gets gimped.
This leads to the game with a small, dying community, especially once the behemoth's game comes out and steals 2 of the remaining 3 players.

So the answer of course then is to go f2p, it's generally a decent way to make money off something that's floundering.
However if you make the announcement 1.5 weeks after a f2p version of your game drops, then the exact same thing that happened before happens again.

Battleborn is the only game to have its release cucked twice. Fitting for a Gearbox game.

>f2p version of your game drops
What do you mean?

What was the f2p version? TF2 has been around a while already

Paladins

paladins u fucking drones

Holy fuck that's amazing. The post times I mean. Also yes Paladins stole whatever possible audience they could have gotten. Maybe people would try it out for free, but I doubt anyone would stick around if the humble bundle number rise and drop are any indication.

I'd play it long enough to screen shot it and tweet that fag randy with how I'm enjoying his game and being a jerk to players online.

Is Battleborn actually good? If people play it when it goes F2P, will people stick around?

>random style
>ugly characters
>meme writing
>shit company

Ive played its free beta extensivelly, theres actually a good game beneath all thise retarded effects, annoying characters and cringy humor

It gets stale incredibly quickly since the only worthwhile gamemode is the standard ASSFAGGOTS mode.
Also its so floaty that the few times you actually get into pvp combat its just downright obnoxious.
The games also ugly as sin, has awful voice acting and your standard Gearbox "comedy"
People blame Overwatch for killing Battleborn, and while Overwatch certainly was a large nail in the coffin Battleborn was already pretty mediocre.

GooberGrumps killed it out of spite because they can't handle a game full of badass women

>posting reddit

youtube.com/watch?v=bozvLUp0f1o

How did it fail with such high quality voice acting?

>posting frogs

This is amazing, you can just read it in the voice of pretty much any major BL character and it will fit.

>Gearbox stole money from Sega and used other millions to make this

>posting shit anime

>posting racist white supremacy frog

ive played the beta, but this is something i kinda... ignored..

>having shit taste

Lurk more retard, you've only been here for two months.

They wished for us to not play it, and their wish has been granted.

Can someone post that webpage screenshot please?

Thanks, now i feel even sadder

Those freakin' GoopyGamblers AGAIN!?
They steam me up!

this sweet starter their downfall

It's fucking boring to almost everyone.

>151 people playing
How long can a community even sustain itself? At what point do some gamemodes become literally impossible to get in?

supposedly it takes 15+ minutes to get into a game

If you want some comedy gold go watch a battleborn stream on twitch. There's literally 4 or 5 people stream, and you'll quickly realize that it takes forever for these people to find a game and that they are only playing against each other because there is literally no-one else for them to play against.

The numbers are slipping into double digits, and soon single digits.

>having shittier taste

I watch both though

>having good tastes

Theres this youtuber that has a channel desperately dedicated to battleborn.

This is the most on point post anyone has ever made on Cred Forums, it could have been the go-to reference for Gearbox writers and no-one would have been surprised.

It's charlie browns christmas so it's forgiven

Didn't Randy say he wanted certain to prevent certain people from enjoying his hard work?

take this as well. pepe

Gameplay was shit, balance was shit, writing was shit, design was shit, sound was shit, UI was shit. Virtually every aspect was shit.

Then Gearbox was a bunch of cocky assholes about it and decided to poke sleeping bears.

They got rightfully mauled.

I suppose it worked, eh? How the fuck does someone become so disconnected with their own audience?

That's a pretty sick two hit combo.

ENOUGH

It came out of nowhere they didnt hype it up and shill it to death like overcuck

>Pepe
>Able to retaliate
>Even capable of picking up a firearm
>At all
Clearly false imagery made by a desperate autist, nothing to see here

>the day it goes f2p

I am back.

>and it still doesn't become popular

Paladins snatched that place already. Battleborn has nowhere to go

what the FUCK

I enjoyed it. They have a hard point capture mode and I spent a ton of time playing that, no moba elements just fighting it out.

They waited too long, Paladins and other chinese knockoffs are already coming out in fullforce.

FIGHT ME

> chaos burst

Nothin personel

Battleborn has one of the worst visual aesthetics I've ever seen in a video game, period. I don't think I've ever seen a AAA game with art direction so atrocious.

Everything about it, from the menus to the HUD to the maps, awful. ESPECIALLY the character designs. I will never not be baffled about how they managed to create a roster of like 25 playable characters and not make a single one that's not either bland/mediocre or downright insultingly ugly. Not a single "badass" in Battleborn is appealing, which is it's most stunning achievement.

You know, besides falling in price faster that any game since fucking Brink.

it's ugly as fuck

NANI?

>literal and not figurative meme game
>"Why did it fail?!"

I sure wonder

Blizzard makes better waifus

>October 2016
>Still using NANI over the superior MASAKA and NANDATO
Ishygddt

>not HAYAI

Why don't people care about that grain of sand 100 pixels to the right of that log?

I don't know who's voice I read it in but it was a gearbox voice. Without trying my brain generated a southern drawl that sounds like what you'd hear in a webcomic dub.

I wouldn't know. My brother tried the beta and said it wasn't good enough to get him interested. Ask yourself this, if so many people bought it during the humble bundle, why didn't they stick around? I mean they already owned the game so it's not like they were paying a subscription to keep playing it. Could it be that they got upset when they got matched up against the dedicated level 100 players all the time because that's all that was left? Or were the wait times between matches only to end up against a stacked team a turn off? Or maybe, just maybe the people who bought it tried it out and decided they didn't like the game? Hell it could have been the annoying voices, the cringy humor, or the shitty art "style."

I suppose it could be more tolerable when it isn't an 18 minute video of nonstop queefing.

Its more tolerable in the game. It's not good, but I've played worse.

>shit anime
>Implying Pokemon isn't a shit anime
Go back to your autist /vp/ friends.

Why is wojak naked?