youtu.be/Ws8JocOpkvY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Nine#Development
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Nocturne#Development
youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik
youtube.com/watch?v=elkEvP4cdeA
youtube.com/watch?v=sQPDe1mU31s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Doi updating all the old art.

Would you honestly like to see a "Social Link"-like system added to V? Maybe long side missions that flesh out characters a bit more like in TMS#FE?

ps4 home console
hd models of all demons
kaneko art
less talking

Leave that shit to the persona games

no

>smt
>characters

lmao

COMP making a comeback, without waifu A.I. bullshit from IV.

Since the Nintendo exclusivity deal is over, I'd like to see a real sequel to Nocturne.

...You did compliment Asahi on her nose right?

no waifus, less dialog and characters, more complicated dungeons and no smirk

no
fuck off back to the persona threads

Anyone know if the main portags are temporary?

What are the highest level Demons I can fuse on first run in Final? All I see is Mitra Buddha.

But, user. This is a mainline SMT game. :^)

fuck off

Mother Harlot at 99 probably
Would need to beat her in Twisted Tokyo first

Not this or the general light heartedness about friendship like 4A had until you could pick Massacre ending.

Me and my demons go an adventure to murder everything and everyone that doesn't agree with my flawed alignment ending

I'd like to see Kaneko's art, not Doi's.

Kaneko and home console release

Mother Harlot unless you buy DLC then Cleopatra and Mephisto

>Delete retailer preorder
>Free 32 agility legs

on a scale of Certainly to Guaranteed what are the odds of using these fucking up my save?

Reminder that Atlus's QA team couldn't even catch that untranslated text

i just want P5 engine for SMTV

considering they've already made all the demon models in Persona 5, they're just going to re-use that for the next 10 SMT-related games.

My boys the Mitama have their own version of Metatron.

>made all the demon models in Persona 5
>all

Aren't there less than 200 in P5?

New SMT golden age due to P5 making a shitton of 3D models when?

well, even if there are less than 200 demons, they have a solid base to build upon - they will surely use what they have

Well yeah, some work is better than no work
But SMT4 has like 400+ demons

still, quality is better than quantity. whole bunch of useless demons in there

Something more like Nocturne/DDS, less like Persona. It actually looks like P5 could make a good SMT game of they ripped the gameplay and stuck it on a standard SMT plot, honestly.

I'd like to see the game step out of Tokyo
even if for a little while

best we can hope for is compromise

and no, i'm not saying it has to be in America

No, i fucking hate social links, persona q was great because didn't have them.

That's what Persona is for.

You don't need side missions to develop characters.

If they want to keep partners, have less for SMTV. The buddy system is great, and actually uses the partners the SMT games have had since the first one, but some are completely worthless (Asahi which is "plot important" even though that shit wouldn't really fly irl, Nozomi, Gaston who steals fucking press turns)
Really Toki and Isabeau are the only partners you'll ever need to use: one insta-kills and the other has every -dyne and heals a damn good amount.
Danu was more important than Nozomi in the story, and Hallelujah more or less does nothing, but passes because he's at least fun to watch.

Why did SMT fall victim to waifu degeneracy?

no western localization

Because the new development members grew up with that shit and want to see in the games they work on

No more dialogue than is in strange journey

No more Demon Domains
FUCK Demon Domains

so god damn ugly

Mainline SMT only need 5 human characters, nothing more nothing less.
>protagonist
>Law character
>Chaos character
>Izanami/goddess incarnate
>disguised Lucifer

>I love Persona I want to work at atlus!
>"fuck you make this demon game"
>I'm going to make this like Persona!

Ways to make Chaotic and Lawful seem more reasonable choices

Own by Sega, who bought it from Index.

Everything that started development after 2006 has had a third party twisting it to appeal to otaku, and lesser extent, casual crowd.

Salty

Nah. If the characters arcs can't be woven in to the story, its not necessary

>One of Isabeau and Asahi's greatest achievements are killing themselves
>The Heroine does this, and much better at that
Why were they so shitty? Goddamn.

They are never reasonable as far as humanity as we live it is concerned.
Even if the world is ruined, living through the grace of absolute order or completely destroying social contracts for the sake of a world of strength will never seem truly appealing

You know that being adverse to change is a symptom of autism right

I want every route in SMTV to be MAXIMUM EDGE

For it to be more like SMTII except not as painfully easy.

Only played P3 from the entire SMT series, should I try IV or start with Nocturne first?

Nobody is playing smt4a for the story.

What an absurd thing to say.

Maybe make neutral seem less reasonable
Like what Apocalypse did by making all humans out to be a drag on you or shitheads

I'd honestly say IV to ween yourself into the series. Then do Nocturne and IVA.

It's also the truth.

This. Devil Survivor 2 had a great Law ending.

They also need to fix the alignment system and have better, ambiguous moral choices throughout the game, SMTIV kind of dropped the ball on that especially on the second half.

I am though?

Thanks user. Speaking of, how well does Nocturne emulate, or should I go the AC route and just buy it for my PS2?

>how well does Nocturne emulate
perfectly
I think you can even fix the ghosting now

BRING MORE MACCA NEXT TIME

Emulates fine. I think it has some weird shadow problems but there's a set up to get it working. Ask emulation general.

Oh good. Thanks again.

I don't know if it emulates well. Get it on the PS2.

Don't get the PS3, I've heard the game crashes on one of the endings.

Holy shit, this

doomguy-kun

How can V top moments like this?

Then why put them in a game to begin with?

Maybe it's time to just admit that most people play SMT games to build their MC and other technical aspects of the games and just let this fucking tired "muh choices, muh influence the plot" meme die in the series.

Instead of the same shit choices every time when two of them aren't even picked by 90% of people on their first playthrough.

3D battles on par with Nocturne.

Seriously, I loved the artstyle of III and then they did the crappy FPS battle stuff due to the limitations of the 3DS.

By actually animating them

Nocturne emulates perfectly. I'm playing it on laptop right now, although with all settings on low, and it's playable, though there are some slowdowns in areas.

SMT4 is honestly better starting point since it was basically made for new audiences, rather than oldfags.

With that said, if you wanna play Nocturne then just make sure to grab latest PCSX2 build:
buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

And make sure you use the OpenGL plugin, as the DirectX9/10/11 plugins haven't been worked on for 2 years now and OpenGL one has much higher compatibility.

No, it's not. Get a clue.

What should they do for the next setting?
Tokyo is great and all, but I'd like to see them give it a rest. Set it somewhere like Hokkaido. One of my favourite things about IV was the dirty grungy atmosphere, and I think the freezing winter could do something simmilar.

It present difficult choices where there clearly isn't a winner plus narratively it always ties into at least a few god's ideology, who are kind of a big part of every game.

>due to the limitations of the 3DS

user

Look back at SMT 1, 2, SJ, 4, and 4A

now compare them to 3

which one is the odd man out?

SMTIV is pretty much tailor made for Persona fags to transfer over

I want to see an expansion of Nocturne's reason system where all your friends have their own ideologies for how the world should be, but actually develop them a bit so they're at least somewhat likeable before they decide to kill you. I'm tired of just law/chaos/neutral, and 4A while different basically just had neutral with bad ends. Basically make the first half persona and then go full-SMT in the second half. I really liked Devil Survivor because that's basically what it was.

I would also like to be able to see the new world after you beat god or whatever, instead of these constant teases where some glowing lights happen and that's it.

>SMTV ends up being a phone app not unlike Pokemon Go...
>rapture happens
>turns out the 10 people who downloaded it can actually survive from it

Why not just have Tokyo and other locations?

FPS battles and dungeon crawling worked in SJ due to limitations of SJ but they had literally no excuse on 3DS.
There's fully 3D games like Monster Hunter, MGS 3D, the Mario 3D Land thing and Luigi's Mansion 2, N64 Zelda remakes and such that work out just fine, so why the fuck couldn't they do SMT4?

I will tell you why, because they wanted to have their horde mode gimmicks and more than 4 enemies on screen since Nocturne couldn't do more than 4 or horde enemies.

DeSu2 doesn't have the traditional Law/Chaos/Neutral system.

Also, if you're saying Ronaldo's dumbfuck route was good, you're probably the first person ever.

His route is shit and so is his Triangulum route in the remake.

Unfortunately they themselves confirmed that every numbered SMT will always be set in Tokyo.

This shit even touched Persona 5, when it was originally meant to be set all over the world. Those Egypt dungeons etc? They were actually supposed to be in Egypt and such.

It'd be difficult, but what if there were five choices?
>FULL LAW
>MODERATE LAW
>NEUTRAL
>MODERATE CHAOS
>FULL RETARD

The demon detail would have to be lowered too.

Tokyo pre apocalypse

Dare I ask what happens in Full Chaos, I bet it's hilarious.

No waifushit and decent plot as in original IV. I can't give a fuck even about proper dungeons anymore, just remove this blatant fucking waifushit from my games.

>FULL RETARD
Apologize or I'm calling Luis.

I just started playing Strange Journey on my phone for the first time.
It's my first non-persona MegaTen game, and it's already looking to be my favorite. Having a hard time with the "Unknown" Demons. What's the best way to deal with them? Also, Space Marine looking protag is cool as fuck.

SJ should have been mainline.
Surely it's not a problem if it's still set in Japan

>It present difficult choices

It really doesn't.

>god's ideology, who are kind of a big part of every game.

Nothing requires them to rehash that shit every time either.

Why does LAW always got the superior theme in every game(besides SMTII)?

Have you ever played Nocturne? Those models are ass, way worse than the SMT4 player model for starters.
Nocturne and rest of PS2 games all rode on clever use of cel-shading and lighting to cover up their shit models and textures. For fucks sake Demifiend's entire texture with face and head included is 512x512 with good half of that taken up for his head.

If PSP could do Persona 3 without any real cuts to graphics, then I'm sure the more powerful 3D could do Nocturne-tier if they weren't so dead set on using the 3D gimmick and horde mode.

Lucifer takes over and everyone has a furious dance party

Source

Add mechas.

Law? Chaos? Neutral? Illusion of choice?

It all comes down to >pic

You make Lucy your bitch, and enter a dom/sub relationship with him while the world burns

>If PSP could do Persona 3 without any real cuts to graphics
Except the PSP P3 was downgraded graphically as fuck in both the dungeon and the battle screen.

Instead of YHVH make it full Lovecraft elder gods, especially since YHVH is dead now as of 4A now is the time to mix it up. Make reviving YHVH look like an actually appealing option or at least something to make Law not look like the worst option like it is every game.

Well they had to cut the entire 3D overworlds and make all the player models VN-style sprites outside of Tartarus...

I genuinely think SJ was better than 4 and 4A, it also did Law and Chaos way better.
Generally SJ felt less infantile for the lack of better word, even if the gameplay was a bit more "dated".

personacentral.com/persona-5-originally-going-backpacking-around-world/

What? No it wasn't, all they did was take out the out-of-dungeon 3D aspects due to space limitations since P3P is already pushing PSP UMD limits enough as it is.

>cartoonish cellshading for mainline
Keep it to yourself, pgcuck.

My point was there is no right answer, and the games change up enough of the journey to the answers it doesn't matter if it's the same:

>No free will
>Status Quo
>Survival of the fittest

No one is right, and the journey helps you identify which side you disagree with least.

>Have you ever played Nocturne? Those models are ass, way worse than the SMT4 player model for starters.

And there's only ever 1 of those out at a time
the game also chokes fucking hard when you use an ice spell and wipe out a demon at the same time

The YHVH phase 1 plays out in slow motion because it's too much for the system

Did you even play it?

It would look like the ending from that one Jet Li movie.

youtu.be/Ws8JocOpkvY

Waifu is not uncommon in mainline, actually. Outside of Nocturne, and even Nocturne van be very lighthearted if you read dialogue with NPC.

4A just took what people wanted to see to it's two natural conclusions.

Had a budget?
More frost variants
You got proof user?

>If PSP could do Persona 3 without any real cuts to graphics, then I'm sure the more powerful 3D could do Nocturne-tier if they weren't so dead set on using the 3D gimmick and horde mode.

>The PS2/PSP are stronger than the 3DS
>Demons would look even worse on the 3DS in full 3D
>300+ demons in full 3D would be huge and make battles drop badly frame rate rise (look at horse battles in Pokemon and they wouldn't be as detailed as SMT would be)
>P3P had to cut an overworld, the graphics are way worse and had VN cutscenes

Nyarlathotep was originally the big bad guy of Persona series.

>cartoonish cellshading for mainline
Thanks for proving you're a SMT4 baby and never played 1/2/Nocturne/DDS

>You make Lucy your bitch
That's actually not possible as Lucifer IS by all means Chaos incarnate.

YHVH being dead in SMT4A has no bearing on any further SMT games.

And you make chaos incarnate your bitch

>You got proof user?
Read the fucking thread you phoneposting subhuman nigger?

i don't want social links like persona, but for fucks sake they could stand to hire some actual writers so that the barebones story sections in the game already don't feel like they're written by a 12 year old. keep the same low level of story as the previous games but improve the quality

Not a proportionate response

>No it wasn't
Yes it was, worse textures, no shadows cast by characters/personas/enemies, lower poly models, no blur effect etc.

>The YHVH phase 1 plays out in slow motion because it's too much for the system
Not my fault Atlus relegated this game to their newly formed B-team that couldn't code for shit.
Other devs can do it, so Atlus could do if they didn't suck.

Well where's the proof?
I don't see no links anything about their design process and if they did go from global treks to mind palace in Tokyo?

Atlus seem to be taking down everything related to Persona 5 on Youtube, I see.
As much as I dislike the popularity of the series it's nice to see the demons in full 3D again, and gives me hope for a new mainline game on consoles. IV sold pretty well, didn't it? Like, the highest selling game in the mainline series or something?

>Waifu is not uncommon in mainline, actually.
Stop spreading your bullshitery memes. Main story in mainline before IV:A NEVER used blatant waifushit for progression, demon negoations were NEVER important to the plot and actually NEVER looked like plain stupid shit with dialogues that were writen for otaku-pandering purposes. Fucking end yourself, onahole-fucking degenerate.

What would moderate chaos be? The world is ruled by martial arts tournaments and battle schools?

It's literally few posts above, get cancer and die applefag.

>You got proof user?

The fact only spin-offs only take place in other places, and even those have heavy Japan is great messages, or the protagonist is Japanese.

How can you make him your bitch when only demons can meet Lucifer in the labyrinth of amala. Because you know the Lucifer you meet in all the games is just his projection and he's still trapped down in the labyrinth.

You done?

That's where the ridiculousness comes in hun

>PSP
>stronger than 3DS
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHAHAHA YOU CAN'T BE THIS RETARDED

PSP doesn't even support pixel shader you fucking imbecile. 3DS is roughly 30% more powerful than PSP and has to deal with lower resolution than PSP did making its output possibly even better.
It's just a lot of devs are retarded and dead set on using the 3D gimmick which cuts framerate in half or using MSAA when 3D is off (a lot of games, SMT4 included, do this).

no rng smirk bullshit and cute girls

What happened to his ...skull?

>Had a budget?

The whole thing really does come down to budget. This whole system could do that system could do this discussion is retarded.

Atlus could have opted out of 3D for the 3DS to achieve models but models would have cost more money

Atlus could have actually animated the cutscenes in SMT4 and Apocalypse but that would have actually cost them money

Atlus could have had unique dungeons instead of garbage demon domains but that would have actually cost them money

In case you guys hadn't noticed SMT doesn't make them much money

You already know what does, I don't need to point it out

If I were you muh 3d battles lot I'd set my expectations to another 2d game, if we get one at all

You think they'd pull more mainline SMT and spinoffs like they did in the PS2 days now that P5 is out but there's no way of knowing that they won't just commit to P5 spinoffs for years

>What's the best way to deal with them?
Fight them. Make sure you have a diverse set of skills among your demons (and maybe yourself) so that you might discover a weakness.

Ah found it never mind.
You sound mad user, burden is on me for completely missing it, sorry.
To be fair Persona is a spinoff series and this seems to be the first time they set a game in Tokyo. Though yeah mainline is always Tokyo.

>every cellshading is cartoonish now
Get your head out of your ass. P5 cellshading is 4kids-tier garbage with thick anime-styled tracing lines around the models, its not subtle at all, while cellshading in PS2 games was used only for lighting purposes.

People now have the option to settle disputes by combat

Not really, but I will be once I bash your fucking skull in, illiterate niggerlord shitstained underage cuntbasket of fucktwatting dickfaced mongrel cucked horseraped jewish fuck.

It is more powerful? How about that.

I really wish more developers didn't use 3D features. How many people actually use 3D regularly?

They should stick to gods and demons of actual mythologies. The Old One and Nyarly in SMTII were cool, But I would prefer if they kept it to a minimum, and only used Nyarly in the Persona series.

How about you learn to fucking read? Get cancer and die.

I only have a Pixie and a Ice chucker guy, can't seem to convince other demons to join me. Wat do?

That wasn't even me user, if it makes you feel less angry about it, it's a second hand phone.

Every Persona is set in Japan except Americanized Revelations: Persona which was just heavily editing a Japanese setting.

>tfw SMTV will be mobage gachashit like Fate/GO

Personafags brought this on us.

I don't know but I personally hate this gimmick and it's the sole reason for holding back the system.
Nintendo should've never allowed devs to use 3D or MSAA in their games on 3DS, that shit just causes devs to squander the potential pointlessly.

How about an SMT on a smaller scale
maybe play as someone that doesn't give a shit about killing gods, or can't, and is instead fighting off other humans and demons to survive. Something like the early conflicts in Digital Devil Saga before they started to ascend that tower

Release it before a traditional god killing SMT game as another duology

You have to know their identity first before you can really talk to them. Also keep in mind that if they're a higher level than you, they're not gonna join you. Demons with a Dark personality flat out won't talk to you either.

hee ho tensei: a game with all frost variants

I think you're misisng the point, we don't mind if its set in other places in Japan, that's still much better than being set in fuckign Tokyo every time.

I mean look at Soul Hackers or Persona games they're set in Japan still but in completely fictional cities so they can go wild with imagination and don't have to stick to particular formula.

Phoneposters should be banned. The cancer killing Cred Forums.

Those were modeled after Japanese towns anyway.

It should be called The Emperors Adventure - Hail to the Frost!

What the fuck in Soul Hackers felt like "Japanese town" to you, outside of maybe Hacker's house which isn't really Japanese but just generic 90s house.

Jack Frost dancing game with $14.99 "sexy christmas with lucifer" dlc outfits

>sexy christmas with lucifer
C-can you chose the gender?

So do certain demons spawn in certain areas? I'm still in the first "Battleground". Can I just walk around and farm demons, or will I only get the same ones?

Imagine if they went for power in the first place and no 3D?

Does Strange Journey see a visual improvement through PC emulation?

I've seen comparisons of 3d games that seem generations apart. I'm guessing SJ doesn't because it's 2D but it doesn't hurt to ask

Yes, demons are specific to areas, so you can't grind the first area.

>Does Strange Journey see a visual improvement through PC emulation

It's actually looks worse.

Don't know what to expect from upscaling DS games

It's low res sprites so upscaling and filtering makes it look worse.

>Does Strange Journey see a visual improvement through PC emulation?
Hell no. It's all low res sprites.

Stuff like this, if it's 3d at least

Man that's nice.

Yeah, before the first mini boss you can recruit pixie, knoker and that blue bird.

Here's a tip:
>Always use demons untill they give you the D-source, after they give it you can safely fuse them
>Don't be stingy with D-sources, use them every fusion
>Only fuse demons if their result is a dark or light demon, since if it isn't then you are going to recruit later on field, also do special fusion AS SOON AS HUMANLY POSSIBLE
>This ain't pokemon, fuse demons as soon as you get their D-source and you can get a light or dark demon out of it, they level up REALLY slowly

they sometimes put historical figures and its not like every demon from the Ars Goetia that they put in SMT is even from religion

A selectable protagonist gender, like in SMT if..., and formal wear as good armor.

Only the dungeon hallways are 3D, but the actual dungeon extra details such as rocks on the ground etc are sprites, same with enemies, as such emulating it would make it look worse.

Basically, 3D games would benefit from emulation, 2D games would not.

Whats the point of making models that actually look good but get ruined by the resolution?

The only thing I can think of is it might look slightly better in motion, but jesus that's ridiculous.

Not have that gay samurai living in some feudal kingdom in the sky opening that SMTIV did. The first few hours are so shitty and such a slog.

Literal titty monsters.

Thanks for the info, famalam. Last question. I'm thinking of going neutral. Is that bad? Law seems shit so does Chaos. "Choose between slavery or anarchy!" Gee, great choices!
Is the protagonist special or something? How is a lowly human soldier convincing demons to fight for him and shit?

There are up-close shots in that game, including cutscenes, just saying.

The models don't look bad if you play it on the original hardware. That screenshot in no way represents how the game actually looks on the psp screen especially if it's the psp go screen.

>>FULL LAW
classic nothing but order, everyone is a robot now or whatever
>>MODERATE LAW
not sure actually, maybe MC decides to be Jesus, religion revove him. maybe you die as a matryar and humans wait for your second coming
>>NEUTRAL
Humans choose for themselves of course, but you don't let yourself be worshiped as a new god. maybe even die sacrificing yourself but your story is unheard so no religion around you. humanity gets to exist on their own
>>MODERATE CHAOS
Only the strong humans get to survive, maybe even with your as the big bad leader
>>FULL RETARD
Lucifer and his demons rule, you are tricked or rule with him above humans

>The models don't look bad if you play it on the original hardware.
Yes they do, I have a DS and played it on DS and it does look like shit because DS has awful PPI and a 256x192 resolution.

Also that's DS, not PSP you fucking retard.

I'd recommend doing all paths eventually, but yeah, neutral is pretty much the best of the bunch.
The protagonist is just a regular soldier who obtained the Demon Summing Program from certain individuals, and he can survive because he has the DEMONICA.

neutral is the best path

law is for cucks and chaos is for edgelords

I guess that's a little better, Axel still looks pretty bad even at that close though.

>Also that's DS, not PSP you fucking retard.
Yeah I mistaken this for the psp KH game, I admit.

>Whats the point of making models that actually look good but get ruined by the resolution?

I wondered the same when the PC port of Dark Souls was released

And that game occasionally ran like ass on consoles. Surely it would run better without such detailed models?

It ended up benefiting the port in the long run though

The PSP KH game looks basically PS2 tier, thousand times better than this that's for sure.

Include every demon from the Infernal Dictionary

This is like putting on glasses for the first time

lol good analogy

This and the Lesser Key of Solomon. and tie Bael, Baal, and Beelzebub together in the story somehow.

Final Fantasy 12 did the exact same thing, but it ran fine regardless and mostly with textures I believe it was.

they have quite a bit from Ars Goetia
didn't they already do that in 4A?

The DS is simultaneously a gift and a mistake

Last one I've got.

Persona wasn't even the reason the PS2 had so much SMT, as P3 came out late into the system's life and P4 after the PS3 was released.

The reason PS2 was SMT central was because it was easy to develop for and they could keep re-using Nocturne's engine for like 5 games.

>and they could keep re-using Nocturne's engine for like 5 games.
NINE's engine*

Nocturne was in development before NINE.

>Persona wasn't even the reason the PS2 had so much SMT

I didn't say it was

What I said was that Persona currently outsells SMT. There's no guarantee that there will be a 3D SMT game now that there's 3D models. Atlus could instead try to make more money making more Persona games and spinoffs.

Cool source buddy

All paths are good. Don't bother about making all your team tge same aligment, late gane you are going to SERIOUSLY regret it, the extra damage is simply not worth the variety you get by ignoring alignments.

Remove weeb, bring back operators

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Nine#Development
>The concept for Nine originated during staff discussions about how Shin Megami Tensei would work as an online title.[7] Development started at some point in 2001, and was still in its early stages of development in October of that year.[15]

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shin_Megami_Tensei:_Nocturne#Development
>Nocturne was among the first Megami Tensei titles to use 3D graphics, alongside Shin Megami Tensei: Nine.[16][17] Development on Nocturne began in 2000, with the creation of the first Alpha builds to determine how the main character would move around environments

>>Nocturne was among the first Megami Tensei titles to use 3D graphics, alongside Shin Megami Tensei: Nine.
>Nocturne was among the first Megami Tensei titles to use 3D graphics, alongside Shin Megami Tensei: Nine.
>Nocturne was among the first Megami Tensei titles to use 3D graphics, alongside Shin Megami Tensei: Nine.
>Nocturne was among the first Megami Tensei titles to use 3D graphics, alongside Shin Megami Tensei: Nine.>Nocturne was among the first Megami Tensei titles to use 3D graphics, alongside Shin Megami Tensei: Nine.

I really wanted to see what SMTIV was originally gonna be like with SJ's engine

>most people play SMT games to build their MC and other technical aspects of the games
Are you fucking retarded? People ask about that shit because they have to deal with it in order to play the games, not because that's what they care about you monumental dumbass.

Yeah and it uses the engine that was developed for Nocturne. At least try to read what you were spoonfed. Nocturne wasn't a throwaway game developed in a few months.

Retard doesn't know how to read

But i have no demonic contracts, all posts within the courtesy of my home.
The only game I can recall off my head which was set in somewhere on earth not Japanese was DDS2.

Oh boy, someone triggered the autist.
I can agree however that the two should be kept separate and different, otherwise there's no point in having a spinoff.

Read only from the Mobile site is the way to go. Hiro gets his ad revenue, we don't have to deal with shitposting

You can't dispute me.

I never turn the 3D off, I have no idea how people can play the 3DS without it.

dev here
most part of the models are not re designed or modeled for a new release on a new hardware.
almost 80% of the models are pre made models from another game of the series, so, they are modeled in batch for third parties studios for us.
In DS games, most part of the models are in the limit of the minimum model appearance for the hardware, the problem is the screen, the psp screen has a very good resolution, but the ds screen is garbage, big pixels. So we dont need to downgrade the models if the hardware cam handle it, but the problem is the shitty screen.
Want a actual example? Monster Hunter Generations on 3DS and any other Monster Hunter on PSP. The models have the same polycount, same, but the game look like shit on 3DS because the screen.

Sorry the "engrish".

SMT: London
It'll make up for the absurd disappointment that was Hellgate

The series is way to ingrained with Japanese tradition and culture for mainline to leave Japan
I could see a spinoff or something like Persona taking place in the West,Catherine was fairly western and still had the Atlus charm and some smt themes with it

>Fairies everywhere
Oh dear.

jack bros 2

This is almost as ridiculous as upscaling KH1/2.
Looks shit before and looks great after

Let me put this in a format you might understand
>Development [of NINE] started at some point in 2001
>Development on Nocturne began in 2000

Sounds like Folklore.

I would kill for an SMT game with the gameplay of Folklore.

putting SMT in any other place really wouldn't change anything, they only really use the setting to name the areas
if they move it out of Tokyo it would really just break formula as far as mainline is concerned

>whole bunch of useless demons in there
Please no, my demonfu is a shitmon

He should just make the site a textboard

Does it matter who you revive after Massacre? I only ever used Asahi and Toki. Read something about True Goddess but wasnt sure if it was an event trigger

so who was not flynn in the beginning?

I'm pretty sure it was a previous life reincarnation thing, like how Nanashi is the reincarnation of Akira.

yeah but who was he

some guy in the counter demon force, probably with the exact same personality as Flynn in 4A.

Hero being reincarnated.

>gets another chance at life
>still browsers BBS'es and downloads every piece of malware he can find there.

>I'm sorry you got tricked into taking the poo out of the loo but you need to face your almost certain execution like an adult
>Don't worry I'll be with you every step of the way :)
Only thing holding me back from killing these "friends" is that there won't be demon waifus in the next world and boning Asahi forever sounds really boring.

How the fuck are you supposed to afford any late game armor without buying the money dlc?

I would honestly like it for you to go fuck yourself.

>Demifiend is canonically the strongest
>Is a buttbitch to Lucifer

Lol nocturnefags

>implying lostboy.exe didn't save his life

You don't want to be Lucy's butt-bitch?
Anyone have the one where they're kissing?

Being strong does not mean you can't enjoy being an uke.

>Is a buttbitch to Lucifer
Like there is anything wrong with that. He's better off than Hero and #1 YHWH Buttplug - Aleph

>He's better off than Hero
That's not an achievement.

>and #1 YHWH Buttplug - Aleph
Demi can't respawn if killed.

Aleph can only respawn to a life of suffering, shit power desu senpai.

Careful not to let demons feast upon you in your sleep...

>not strong enough to beat YHVH
>always afraid of dying
Meanwhile Aleph gets unlimited waifus through his many lives, and gets to chill while YHVH rebuilds himself.

>Xbox SMT game

Is there any legal way to play this? Dayum.

>implying he isn't a beta bitch because of YHVH's curse

Nope. Dagda makes them into a mindless puppet regardless. It just depends on who you want to assist you in record scratch's dungeon and waifubait.

Does siding with Dagda mean I have to kill my best bro Navarre? I refuse to do so.

You can resurrect him.

Wasn't there an interview saying that the only reason there was waifubait was because half the team wanted it in full force and the other half didn't so they ended up compromising? I can't imagine what Apocalypse would be like if it was in full force.

>Aleph gets unlimited waifus through his many lives
The extent of what Aleph can do in his cursed state was quite clearly shown in Nocturne. Guy isn't even a shell of his former self.

But I want my old cool bro Navarre, not a mindless puppet. This is a difficult decision.

>beta
Look at this handsome motherfucker.

He can't oppose YHVH, but he sure as hell can bang bitches.
>tfw his harem ends up defeating YHVH, thus breaking his curse

Alright guys

youtube.com/watch?v=A6cSbof7Pik

or

youtube.com/watch?v=elkEvP4cdeA

I can't decide. Final's is a bit faster paced and more hype but I love those demon xylophones.

Add session skills to the mainline, but only for the MC and partners.

Buy the game?

Same alignment agi team resisting lightning is nearly required to beat Ouroboros without suffering a hernia

They literally will never make a SMT game outside of Japan because how badly SJ sold

Well it wasn't confirmed he was Aleph either. That's just speculation and if devs ever decided to say "nope, he wasn't Aleph" then that ia bust.

Strange Journey is a thing.

>the best SMT game sold the poorest in Japan
How can one nation have such absolutely shit taste?

I wanna play Megaten GO.

>Bael, Baal, and Beelzebub together in the story somehow.

That's the entire plot of DeSu1 breh.

The elevens are a mistifying race.

>Demi can't respawn if killed.

Yes he can, he's a demon. He can just be fused or re-summoned, same as YHWH and everyone else.

I prefer 4's but Apocalypse's is good too.
Thankfully 4's still plays at times so it's the best of both worlds.

>He can just be fused or re-summoned
Except he genocided his own universe so there's nobody to fuse or resummon him. What a retard.

Believe in Ishida

SMT is too niche, unfortunately such a game wouldn't be profitable.

>Mass Demon Summonings
Yeeeah...never making it here, then.

Does Gaston still steal turns after you turn him into a puppet?

>tfw it'll be on nx so we'll finally get a 3D smt again

what an awful feel.

>Thinking that could even stop Gaston

so NX, PS4, or smartphones

So pokemon go?

Anyways, Im at Dagda choice. I want to see both endings as long as it doesnt take too long. How far am I from the end of the game from where the 2 paths diverse (kill everyone or kill dagda)

Equipment replaced with more demon fusion.

Fuse yourself with a demon to change your appearance/resistances/stat bonuses. Fuse your sword/gun with a demon to infuse it with their power.

P5 is looking pretty good. P4 gave me a lukewarm feeling with the SoL setting, but this one seems fun.

>dat music
youtube.com/watch?v=sQPDe1mU31s
A E S T H E T I C

That DLC just shit all over Demifiend like he deserves.

Failed timeline versions of the other heroes got killed by an ICBM nuke dropped on them, a superweapon laser that wipes out 70%+ of humanity when it's fired, and a black hole. Demifiend got personally killed by Lucifer, a guy that Aleph, Flynn, and Nanashi have all killed. Hell, the fact Flynn died from Merkabah's black hole means even Merkabah killed Lucy to activate it.

Exactly one dungeon, though it's a pretty big one.

Collecting tons of Ginza relics and using stun + Fundraise with all the enhancing apps.

It's way slower than the dlc, though.

>human party members again
>option to switch between first person and third person combat/dungeon exploration to appeal to both new and old fans
>be able to select the protagonist's gender like if...
>more focus on the law and chaos Hero's and Heroine so they don't just boil down to "I will say what ever the opposite of what the other guy guy said" and "I love the MC because he's the MC
>demons aren't locked behind DLC
>VIT and HP instead of MP
>moon phases return

Basically SJ 2, with less bullshit, and more content, updated visuals.

Fundraise+ Expert+Bind. LLate game demons give 3k each at least.

Every half hour or so go to Ginza+MIhami+Tenozu+Daiba/Bay area. That's 80-120k per relic hunt

They can make another DDS styled game, then they wouldn't need as much as 200.