Did you know:

Did you know:

Blizz did substantially better from the beginning through Wrath (i.e. they used to have a much bigger MMO). Rather than turning it around, they are continuing down a path that values cheapness over quality (something they had until Wrath; although, in fairness, Wrath started showing some of the cheapness).

McDonalds is one the biggest restaurant chains on the planet. No one goes there for quality food. McDonalds serves a purpose (hot, somewhat edible food served quickly), but going to McDonalds isn't a bragging point. Neither is WoW at this point.

Blizz is indeed a business, but the effect is not that they try something new...the effect is that they keep getting cheaper. They spend less and less on WoW each year. Don't believe me? Go check it out for yourself. Here ( investor.activision.com/annual-reports.cfm ) are all the annual reports. Each year shows a decline in spending on WoW starting after BC. Although harder to see because all of their on-line properties are reported together, even in sum (WoW plus other on-line properties), there continues to be a decline in spending.

Have you not noticed that the vast majority of the "try something new" approaches result in cheaper outcomes (either initially or to support, or both)?

This is the first new class that only had 2 specs. This is laziness, not quality.

How many abilities got pruned / combined? This is laziness (maintenance, balance), not quality.

Look at the number of dungeons and raids compared to BC and Wrath. This is laziness, not quality.

Look at the last notable new thing (not mini-games)...Garrisons and Garrisons 2.0 (aka World of Menucraft). This is laziness, not quality.

You're preaching to the choir. Once someone hits the item level threshold, world quests become pointless.

After hitting the two legendary trait, class halls become pointless.

After getting pathfinder part 1, everything feels pointless.

Who the fuck even cares?

The content, while plentiful for the first month of launch, isn't fun. What IS fun (the questing content) is made unfun by forcing players to repeat it over and over on alts. The artifact weapon is a fantastic idea again made horrible by making the player feel further locked in not just from alts but even from other specs. WoW has always been a themepark mmo, but now it feels like a hallway mmo. There is one direction to go. Everything is forced on the player with zero sense of freedom. The claustrophobia of this game's progression is unreal.

Fucking World quests. Dailies 2.0. Your reward after grinding every zone over and over on your characters are mandatory dailies. At first they seem fine. The loot was okay, they seemed varied, and you could pick and choose. However after only a few days you'll realize they're already beginning to cycle to the same ones over and over again. The loot has already become trivial, and you grind them in hopes of an item upgrade or an undeserved RNG legendary. Soon you just look at the required quests to complete your emissaries for the day.

The emissaries you need to grind that rep for gated progression. To "unlock" more dungeons and quest lines in Suramar. Joy. The zone you quickly grow to hate becomes the sole focus of your questing exploits at 110, and it goes on and on and on and on. A city that is basically a giant poor man's assassin's creed minigame for you to painfully navigate every day. A horrific cheap chinese knockoff pikmin feeling minigame plastered in there as well that is essentially mandatory to grind that rep which has become the point of endgame.

I didn't even touch on the crafting because I don't do much of it, but yeah, that's bad too. Oh, and the facebook minigame time gates that'll make you vomit. The biggest complaint about WoD. Great idea bringing that back!

We all thought this expansion was the most wonderful thing since BC/Wrath the first week, the cracks showing the 2nd/3rd week, and now the post after post of people canceling their subs daily. I'm a bit sad leaving the Blizzard ecosystem after all these years, but I'm moving on.

>What IS fun (the questing content) is made unfun by forcing players to repeat it over and over on alts
Do you have brain problems? Having to do quests on a character you haven't done them on before is a problem?
You just want to hate the game, please kill yourself.
>inb4 blizz shill
Artifact weapons are cancer, world quests are cancer, mythic+ is cancer that killed any reason to run Emerald Nightmare after you get your trinkets and maybe one or two piece of bis gear. Hopefully the next raid tier will be better.

Found the kissless, angry WoW addict.

Enjoy your hallway mmo, you raging austistic fuck.

>addict
Hardly, it's a decent PvE MMO. I just want Shadowbane back so I can stop being a carebear faggot.

>hallway mmo
There is always a best way to do things in these games, child. Enjoy playing for fun with your mouthbreathing butt buddies.

You can stop any time you want to, right?

Lmao

>enjoying a forced direction in an mmo

Freedom isnt free.

There is nothing better out there right now. I'm waiting for Crowfall but I'm not holding my breath.

>enjoying not playing optimal
Casuals need to die.

Sure thing, whatever.

>grinding with blinders on
>lazy, mediocre devs laughing all the way to the bank

Keep crawling on that treadmill, chubs.

>I've never played an MMO in my life
I'm confused.

>Look at the number of dungeons and raids compared to BC and Wrath. This is laziness, not quality.
Look at the number of dungeons compared to WoD and MoP. At launch, Legion has 10 dungeons, where MoP ended with 9 and WoD a paltry 8. The quality of dungeons is also much higher than the ones from earlier xpacs, with each one being more unique and usually using art assets and mechanics not shared by other dungeons.

>Garrisons and Garrisons 2.0
Class halls aren't as big a deal as you want them to be. Garrisons were straight garbage because they were the focus of the gameplay. Class halls are better because they're a supplement; they're designed for the player to keep running in the background while questing etc rather than focusing on it. The only bad thing about them is the shit artifact knowledge gating, everything else is fine

WoW is a tunnel vision slot machine now. You may like this shit, others do not. Deal with it.

Let's defend the indefensible, guys!

Thats how you sound, you fucking idiot. Go take a shower.

It has always been that. You were just too fucking casual to know any better. Enjoy exploring lmao.

Quantity does not equal quality.

Also if you want higher quality food you don't just slap that food onto the same plate of McDonalds. You get rid of the McDonalds and replace it with the higher quality food. So replacing stuff does not mean lower quality.

Also some of this is pure bullshit anyway. Look at Wrath raiding. It was perhaps the laziest designed raiding of all. There was Ulduar and Icecrown and that was really it. Naxx was a rehash and the Tournament was the laziest raid ever, practically a single room that was also used for a 5 man.

What would you think of someone saying WoW cannot be attacked? That is how retarded you are.

Just let it go lad, and let's be real here -- Blizzard doesn't exist anymore. All that remains is Activision, before people said this in a cynical manner because of their distaste, but now with even Metzen gone it is completely objective. This game and all other Blizzard games are literally in the same bunch as Call of Duty. It just doesn't matter anymore, they will die with the shifting trends.

So, I already got my Hunter and Death Knight to 110, and my Warrior is at 107 now. I have every other class at 101 at least.

I'm starting to get super burnt out. I like leveling alts a lot but having to do the same content multiple times really just puts my balls in a salad shooter. Especially because World Quests don't unlock account-wide so I'm gonna have to do that at least 10 more fuck times

The worst part is that if I stop leveling characters that just leaves nothing but world quests. Should I just stop for a while I guess?

>i don't have any arguments so I'm just going to insult you
classic Cred Forums

>The worst part is that if I stop leveling characters that just leaves nothing but world quests.
Have you tried raiding? You know, the only reason to play WoW?

I just don't really have the patience for raiding. The last time I seriously raided was back in Vanilla/TBC. Nowadays I just do LFR, doing actual raiding just seems like a chore

>patience
What? You can't sit still for 3 hours like twice every week? Why do you even play?