What's your opinion on this?

What's your opinion on this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/mtohIwOOKtA
lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions
lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Welkin_Dragon
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's really bad

It's shit, doubly so because it has no Steam cheevos.

Underrated gem, but holy shit mang wasn't it imballanced and hard like a tonne of bircks

My opinion is that you should shove the game up your butthole lol

Shits still in my backlog.

Apparently it's quite good but hard as fuck without a wiki or something

Just don't grind like a retard and you'll enjoy it.

It's a great game but falls off on some battle mechanics, like no element variation and physical and magic being pretty much the same in terms of damage.

Don't listen to the retards who don't know how to play their JRPGs and call the game a shit, it's absolutely unique and fun experience.

If you know know all the tech involved in the game, It is slightly above decent.If you walk in blind, you are going to have a bad time. I loved it.

Item grinding gave me night terrors.

artificial difficulty

Has one of the best player momentum themes ever.
youtu.be/mtohIwOOKtA

I realized I was too dumb for that game early on and quit.

I've heard that they fixed that shit for the PC version. Dunno if its true though

Good game killed by its level system

Great game.

PC made it so that not only did your Battle Rank not increase as much due to linking monsters, but it also made it so the rank didn't gimp your ability to obtain items from them.

You could still worm yourself into a bad spot if you just grinded like mad right at the get go, but also less likely to do so if you're just going along at a normal pace.

You had to go out of your way on the PC version to fuck up your game. They also added an in-game fast forward in battle, and lets you make a union with all leader units

lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Differences_between_Xbox_360_and_PC_versions

More good ideas then they knew what to do with. Moderately unplayable without a guide. The fact that random chance can set things in place that set other things in place is very frustrating, IE class changing is a nightmare and if you get sage or paladin you should just turn off all rush's skills.

You can grind wrong.

High end play is mostly a straight roulette, if you get the wrong options at any point one or two squads' deaths will likely cascade into complete disaster, but get the right stuff with a properly levelled party and there's not much most of the superbosses can do.

Plot had potential but squandered it all

>Moderately unplayable without a guide.
load of bullshit

This game isn't nearly as hard that it requires a guide you fucking retard

Learn to play JRPGs

>Learn to play JRPGs
This game is literally the opposite of most JRPGs.

Turn-based Dark Souls. You argument to anyone who says turn-based jrpgs are piss easy.

It's great.

how to determine a real jrpg fan from casual jrpg fans

sick ass villain

He originally was meant to have his own playable side scenario.

got stuck against a boss. It wasn't even a main boss, just a side quest, but i got tired of the game autoplaying itself so i said fuck it and dropped it into the gutter. It was the last time i fell for Cred Forums's memes

Dropped it after I couldn't beat this cheap shit.

I also agree with this. Cred Forums has spread a lot of silly rumors about this game which are greatly exaggerated. I played the PC version. This game isn't that different than other niche jrpgs. You really don't need a guide to play it unless you want to 100% it, and no the game does not punish you for grinding. Encounters are just auto-balanced to stay on the same power curve as you, which I think is a nice feature. I remember the big-ass dragon optional bosses were pretty tough, but all and all it was a decent 7/10 game.

All I'm reading is learn to leave plot points and go halfway across the workd at a very low level to unlock even half the game's content before being locked out

Also hearing enter the random room 200 times by restarting the dungeon to find something you didn't know existed, try not to die to it and get their ass so you can upgrade character #34's shoelaces

Eat shit

I played the PC version and I loved it. I pirated it at first but after beating it I bought it because I actually enjoyed it. I'm actually thinking of possibly starting a second playthrough after all these years, which is something I rarely do for games.

Speed is the godstat, the game absolutely punishes you for grinding by locking most quests, arbitrary power boosts to monsters means there's rarely a good time to fight them

Why the fuck did you think you have to beat all optional bosses right when you meet them?

Validus is hard, save him for later. Is this your first JRPG?
Did you quit at random monster creation from FFX too?

>All I'm reading is learn to leave plot points and go halfway across the workd at a very low level to unlock even half the game's content before being locked out
I've never done this, where did you even get this from?

>Also hearing enter the random room 200 times by restarting the dungeon to find something you didn't know existed, try not to die to it and get their ass so you can upgrade character #34's shoelaces
You mean getting stuff to fill for those guild quests which are completely fucking optional and only completionist worry about that?
You're a fucking retard. Don't waste my time if you've played the game for 4 hours only.

I wanted to recruit all characters the moment I could.

Way too many confusing, esoteric mechanics. The game barely teaches you how to play and critical combat mechanics are completely ignored (classes, arcana, battle rank, leveling arts in general, weapon upgrades, formations, etc...). It's also insanely fucking difficult and borderline impossible on "Hard" without transferring items. There's lots of other stupid bullshit like the strict windows to get certain sidequests and delphic recruitable characters (lol Duke of Ghor) - shit you would never figure out in a million years without a guide.

That being said, it's fun and has a lot of replay value. The setting isn't half bad either considering it's basically a generic fantasy world. It's a real bummer we haven't seen a spiritual successor

found it, it was this motherfucker right here that made me quit lastremnant.wikia.com/wiki/Welkin_Dragon

> attack effect
> instakill

fuck that

I misunderstood your post.
Yes, I did that too and I didn't like how side quests appeared often and it became a chore to finish them all.
More thought should've been put into them. Or integrate them better

Okay, so you don't actually know much about the game then, obviously, or are trolling or something.

3/4 of the content is hidden, I beat the bonus dungeon and played something like 110 hours. I decided not to fight the 200+ level superbosses but I killed the rest of them

I don't know how you beat the mines even without thinking the game is retarded

That thing is a prick, got to revive ahead of time and build morale killing the regular dragon and then use remnants to keep momentum

Great game on pc.
Utter shit on console.

Get a guide for sidequests if you want to reach extra bosses.

Focus your party members on their roles, do not try to make them multipurpose.

You need at least(and probably only) one magic union.

Disregard shards unless you are filthy rich.

Finished it 5 times. I've beaten everything. Also hard mode is bullshit.

Shit I still have this from a sale.
I should try it sometime.

expect fun times

cont.

Grinding is not punished on pc.

Plan your classes ahead if you want to minmax,

Plot is very nice, setting is interesting,

Don't bother with ppl complaining about rng - disable useless attacks for your characters, and if you still get locked - just use attack - you'll gain enough ap so your last character will use strong attack anyways.

Have each union be able to ress at midgame.

The more you use skill/magic the better it gets, even after rank V.

Farm items for your teammates to upgrade weapons I'd you want to minmax,

Fallen is statcheck - you need to have decent dps and strong healing,

Use formations, mess with them and don't just look at stats,

Send only one union to attack spiritlords,

Dragons won't use breath if your morale is high, they will use skill that drops morale instead,

Morale matters, a lot. Picnics and explosives are your friends for morale,

Wards are hard to get, but pretty cool, they make some fights piss easy,

Rush talisman/omnistrike makes your whole union dodge everything until it is used. Abuse that.

cont

One last thing.
Summons are totally useless in 9cases out of 10, in last case they are harmful.

Is this a good introduction to the saga series? if not, where should I start?

IRON WILL II

No, it's not

Emmy>Emma
Caedmon>Torgal
Rush>David (gameplay wise)
Enlightened twins>Emmy>every other girl in the game

This was me

This thing stomped me for like 25-30 times, so i gave up.

shame, because i really liked the concept of recruiting units and leaders. I still remember clearly my girl Nora.

Glenys for me.

If there's one good thing about this game, It's that the designs for the party members are actually pretty good, and there's around 30 of them. All the more reason to get the pc version, where you can actually fucking use them.

I like it a lot, but I never quite got around to beating it. I occasionally replay it, get up to the part where you're assaulting the various bases and get distracted by something else. I liked all the sidequests and recruiting random cool dudes to join you.

Plus the music is real fucking good, and while not an apex of AAA graphix, the game looks really quite nice all things considered. Real good texture work on the characters.

Even though he's objetively not great later on, Baulson is always one of my union leaders because he's such a cool dude.

>Enlightened twins
Kill it wit WA!

>What's your opinion on this?
That you shouldn't, under any circumstances, play 360 version.

Bland and bareboned, the game is horrid.

This is one of those games I've owned on PC for years but have never actually gotten around to playing because I know it will take ages to learn all the nuances. I'm a huge fan of the Saga games and games with boatloads of optional/side content, so I really need to play it one of these days.

I dont understand how a game with so much depth and customizing doesn't allow you to specifically choose what equipment your soldiers brandish in battle.

There is a value in some .INI file that allows you to chose equipment by setting it to 1.

This game really suffers from lack of control the player is given over pretty much anything.

most people wouldn't like the game today
it was quite interesting mechanics at the time however.

The weird graphics problem with enemies just phasing in threw me off of the game hard. Sometimes I think about getting back into this game but I just think about that and get turned off from it.

Super fucking interesting and gives me some of the feel of BoF: DQ in the sense that the game is clearly the devs trying to come up to solutions with problems they see in a genre. With BoF: DQ they were trying to trying to make random battles mean something and make a RPG where it was impossible to just grind your way out of problems.

With TLR I feel like the devs were trying to deliver as much strategy a tactical game can deliver per battle while trying to streamline it so battles happened faster, the player wasn't bogged down with issuing orders to a shitload of units or dealing with the post battle gear/skill adjustments.

Seriously, just think of how long it takes to complete a mission in XCOM or how much time you spend in a NIS game hearing the sound effects of scrolling through menus.

Did TLR accomplish it's goal of delivering a lean tactical RPG experience? I think so, mostly, but I don't think a lot of players even consider things like long combats, issuing tons of orders and army maintenance to be chores and reacted to the solutions like someone would react to their mom cleaning their room and throwing out a bunch of bullshit.

These are both good options.

>Play it for a few hours
>Don't enjoy the "`TBS without any control" thingy
>Rather want to play Fire Emblem, Battle for Wesnoth or a RTS game instead

I genuinely like this mess of a game.... However, it was hilariously bad on Xbox 360, like, seriously, on all levels, it was unbalanced, the framerate was shit, and some choices really made no sense at all (a limit to how many leaders you can put on the field? What the flying fuck?). Gates of Hell fight was atrocious because you had to redo the boss fight before it, and THE SIX BASES JESUS FUCKING CHRIST if you lost to the boss you had to do the battle where you storm the castles all. Over. Again. And for fuck's sake some of the bases' bosses are just ridiculous (FUCK YOU AOE SPAMMING BITCHES I FUCKING HATE YOU)

If you think you had a hard time with this game and haven't played the 360 version you have absolutely no clue about what the fuck you're talking about.

Despite knowing it has many flaws I still love it.

Ribbet.

>intense mechanics
>don't do sidequests or you lose by default because of retard scaling system
>don't do kill monsters or you lose by default because of retard scaling system
>don't level up your characters or you lose by default because of retard scaling system
>press XYAB to win
The only good about that game during the time it came out was the graphics and how cool it was seeing the new learned moves which got denied instantly because of the scaling.

dumb frogposter

You can love it or you can hate it.
Depends on a person.

Game has stupid fucking RNG. Hurr run through this area literally 20 times hoping X NPC shows up who has a 5% chance of spawning.

Keep that stupid RNG grinding shit to MMO's and out of single player games, thanks.

The most hardcore part of this game was that it was a square enix game with dual audio that wasn't dlc.

I really enjoyed it, but I stopped playing halfway through because life. Now I want to pick it back up but don't wanna bother with trying to remember what I was doing in my old save or re-learning the very poorly-taught game mechanics.

It's one of my favorite games. Replaying it for the third time at the moment.

As a Kawazu fan, I love it.

Certainly niche though.

Too bad it's Steam only on PC.

The best JRPG of last gen and one of the best games of last gen.

Hell when I beat it the first time it was when it came out and I still loved it then without knowing half the mechanics and all the content I missed.