2016 Sucks

Have there been ANY good releases in 2016?

The Witness
>pretentious hipster art with a $40 price tag

Firewatch
>pretentious hipster art with a $20 price tag

Far Cry Primal
>who?

Super Hot
>a fun game, but can be beat in less than 2 hours. $25 price tag.

The Division
>boring and buggy

Fallout 4
>boring and very buggy. changed Fallout series to a FPS

Hitman (2016)
>selling an unfinished game and then releasing content as """episodes""" that cost money

DOOM (2016)
>boring

Star Wars: Battlefront
>buggy and content was cut out

Pokemon Go
>not a game. caused normies to flip their shit

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
>boring. single player DLC save-file-locked bullshit

No Man's Sky
>fucked up so bad that there's probably going to be some lawsuits

Games to look forward to:

Niggerfield 1
>WE WUZ WEHRMACHT AND SHEEIITT

Mafia III
>cuck and white genocide simulator

Civilization VI
>you no preorder!? NO AZTEC FOR YOU!

Watch Dogs II
>Ubisoft in charge of Quality Control

Gaming is dead. What are some good hobbies to start getting into?

Other urls found in this thread:

metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/pc/filtered?year_selected=2004
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Get into archery

Stop playing games and go back to trumpposting on Cred Forums

Get into DIY and then make an exit bag

Currently have an English longbow. Got one custom made on eBay for like $45.

The only game I'm actually looking forward to is Rising Storm 2.

However...that mean's I'd be trusting Tripwire to not Jew us...

I paid good money for those games.

Enderal

not year fault that you have a shit taste

Planet coaster

And guess what they're worth now?

>DOOM (2016)
>boring

u wot

>you have shit taste
>shit taste

Thank you, sir. Thank you for calling that to attention. I definitely respect the opinion of a fat weeb posting Taiwanese fighting robot games in authentic moonrunes.

Bravo.

Stardew Valley was exactly what it set out to be. And if you like Harvest Moon it's pretty good.

Monster Hunter Generations felt like a lot of rehashed stuff, but was still another solid entry.

Dark Souls 3 wasn't as good as DS1 (which what can be, I guess) but was a vast improvement over DS2.

And SMTIV:A is even better than SMTIV.

I personally though Deus Ex Mankind Divided was good. Not as deep or big as other Deus Ex games, but a lot better than it could've been. There's also Dishonored 2 coming out which seems like it should be a slam dunk.

Battlefleet Gothic: Armada and Total War Warhammer are both the best strategy games to be released in years. Shame about CA's DLC pricing.

OP here

Okay, so we've got about 4 "okay" games for 2016.

Yep...277 days of this year, thousands of game developers, billions of dollars at stake...and we have 4 "okay" games.

wew lad

well considering that only games you seem to know of are whatever release got attention of mainstream crowd, you do have a shit taste.
There are tons of niche releases. There is probably infinity amount of games you'd like to play in your backlog.
Just cause you didn't fancy fresh well known releases doesn't mean there is no games.
you are just shit at finding them
gaming is alright, it's just you are pile of shit

You need to learn better English if you want people to have any idea what the fuck you are saying.

>Doom
>Boring
Opinion disregarded

How about horizon 3

HESRIGHT

Never said it was a good year. But there has been enough quality to keep me going. The main issue this year is that triple-A games have been delivering poor results a majority of the time. Only Deus Ex Mankind Divided was alright, and even then you can criticize a lot about the game.

That's pretty par for the course, user. You're missing a significant amount of new releases and only focusing on AAA releases which is fucked, you should know better. AAA is where game design goes to die

I Personally Enjoyed A Lot Of The Games You Posted But Understand If They Aren't Your Thing

>Super Hot
I completely forgot that game even existed. Everyone else did too.

You know what's shit? Your grammar.

But that's beside the point.

Take a look at this list: metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/year/pc/filtered?year_selected=2004

This is just for the PC market. Look at how many blockbusters are on that list. Look at how many original ideas and stories are on that list.

The only thing 2016 has to offer is tiny indie games that no one cares about and are only good for raking in YouTube and Twitch streaming cash.

Just play some older games then

after you get better taste
or at least beat your backlog
why I should care about faggots who can't see further than their nose

i bought new vegas earlier this week, does that count ?
>FO:NV GOTY

>he still plays west games
become a weeb and enjoy weeb games

>muh AAA games strawman arguement

Yes, because:
-Super Hot
-The Witness
-No Man's Sky
-Firewatch

Were all AAA games. Wait..what's that? You mean they're not!?

BAZINGA

whats the gift from? looks pretty dope

The two of you need to come back once you're 18+, no minors on Cred Forums.

>cherry picking
I would tell you actual good games but you would automatically disregard them as shit because you're too deep into the "gaming is dying" meme
Might aswell get a new hobby, faggot.

>Civilization VI
>you no preorder!? NO AZTEC FOR YOU!
Aztec are free for everyone, they just stay locked for the first month if you didn't preorder.

EVERYTHING IS POOPOO
POO PEE PEE POO
I HATE POO POO VIDEO GAMES LOL XD
VIDEO GAMES SUCK XD KEK NUMALE PEE POO
HAHAHA I AM VERY NIHILISTIC
POO POO PEE PEE POO POO PEE PEE VOMIT ;^)

is grammar calling all you can do?
>unironically using metacritic
really?
There are plenty of games, you just suck at finding them.
Even if all good games will just cease exist from this point onwards forever, I still will have infinity backlog of great games to play. While you will be whining on imageboards during that time.

Walking Simulators shouldn't even have been up for consideration son, we already know they're all trash.

>Fallout: New Vegas

>Initial release date: October 19, 2010

No.

This thread is about 2016 and 2016 only.

I didn't say they were personally. I just stated that a majority of triple-A games were bad this year or broken at launch. I never mentioned any of those games in my post. Come on, reading comprehension man.

You clearly don't like video games. Why are you trying to play video games?

Total War: Warhammer and Stellaris were pretty good.

>calls DOOM and Deus Ex boring
>looking forward to Battlefield

When did Cred Forums got so casual?

>DOOM
>boring
Shit taste

Also,
>what is Overwatch
>what is Dark Souls 3

Pretty much the only two posts that this thread needs

I don't make recommendations to shitters.

What the fuck is this post trying to convey

Brigador. Sorta Desert Strike with mechs/tanks but with very little variety in gameplay objectives, while has nice lore and big amount of vehicles to pilot

Your car costs $30,000. The tires are included, but you can't have them for at least THREE MONTHS after you buy it...since you didn't pre-order your car.

>Hitman (2016)
>selling an unfinished game and then releasing content as """episodes""" that cost money
It's an episodic release. You can buy everything up front and new episodes are already included.

>aztecs
>tires

more like your air freshener gets locked until 3 months after you purchase the car

Ignoring that's a dumb analogy, it's one civ that's timelocked for a short time. What's the problem? The game itself looks like it will be fun.

Enter the Gungeon was pretty fuckin neat imo, I still play it often. And Overwatch is okay for people who are more inclined towards a multiplayer game.

autism

thanks user, I'll buy it later. looks fuckin sweet

Nice digits. And yeah, Stellaris was loads of fun imo. Arma Apex was pretty nice too.

Fishing is a fun hobby.

I like Witcher 3 and XCOM 2.

just play old games faggot. recently replayed Deus Ex and System Shock 2. Feels good.

>What are some good hobbies to start getting into?

it is pretty nice, especially if you wait for sale.
I wish there were more isometric games on market. Especially with those sweet lighting effects for 2D game.

I like Total Warhammer and Cossacks 3

Why are you defending this? That is still a dick move, they aren't even trying to hide the fact that it is a cheap marketing ploy. They are doing it because they can and no one can stop them. Stop making excuses for cunts.

Total war warhammer, battlefleet gothic and deserts of kharak, just stop having shit taste,

Guns are pretty cool, and there are many different types to enthuse over and shoot.

Horse back riding is fun and could be useful in the coming decades, you can also get fairly inexpensive lessons if you live in a smaller city.

>Have there been ANY good releases in 2016?

Yes.

XCOM 2 was good.
Doom was supposedly good, haven't played it.
Blood and Wine was good.
Xenoverse 2 will be good I hope

it's your fault for being suckered into a bunch of indie shit or AAA shit.

faggot.

Was about to say OP was exaggerating, but then I checked and nearly none of the games I've played this year were released this year.

Its an episodic in development release. Which, without going into the quality of the end product itself, is quite something.

DOOM and Mirror's Edge were the only decent AAA releases this year.
You know this to be true.

>Why are you defending this?
I'm saying it's no reason to completely right off the entire game.

word

nah, that's just like those fucks who release a new track every week instead of putting forth the effort to make an album. Shit is WEAK and hella gay.

start blacksmithing, never goes out of style

I was gonna say knitting. Hollywood hasn't ruined knitting yet.

Haven't bothered with Doom, but given my low opinion of of the newest Mirror's Edge, you're not making a great case for it here.

Well, I didn't know about it, and it's certainly reason enough for me to wait past one month after release to even consider buying the game now.

Nothing great has come out this year. I poured a little time into doom and starfox zero and they were fun enough.

Honestly it's been a blessing though. I've finally been getting through games that have been in my backlog since the PS2 era and having a blast

>Doom
>boring

well no wonder you're having such a bad time. I'm surprised you didn't slip into a fucking comma making this shitty bait thread if it takes more than Doom'16 to excite you.

Doom was great

Also have you ever tried skeet shooting

>but given my low opinion you're not making a great case for it

Reread that and possibly realize how retarded you sound.

doom was good.
hearts of iron 4 was good.
warhammer total war was good.

there are good games out there user

I've enjoyed every game I've bought this year. Not my fault you're a jaded fuck.

This is the police, overcooked and furi are all games i've been having fun with this week.

My god, I erased the wrong word while editing a sentence. Clearly this is the end for me.

Furi... is ugh... infuriating. I think there's a solid base design, but the boss pacing is all off - with 90% of the fights being pedestrian, and then that ridiculous difficulty spike at the end.
Decent enough I guess.

>pretentious hipster
>pretentious hipster
Fucking Americans, the fuck is your problem with being bright?
Look, I'm not going to defend these games, but more than once I see too many Americans using the word "pretentious" just to talk about a piece that's more bright than them and it's really scary when the American Intelligentsia thinks like this...

>Inb4: complains about the word "Intelligentsia"

don't worry you can create your own fps rpg game IRL!
>step 1 go buy or steal something that can maime or kill, your fist wont do shit
>step 2 check your iphone/android and follow the quest header to your nearest mall or highschool, see all the red dots on your top right hand corner?
>step 3 level up

Pretentious is only good if you can leave up to the pretense. In which case no one stands a leg criticizing you for it.

>Odin's Sphere: Leifthrasir
>GG Xrd Revelator
>Nep VII
Look harder OP

>Intelligentsia
Nice, I learned something today

>no mention of Disgaea 5

come on Cred Forums

First game is almost ten years old. Thanks for second one, hadn't even realized it'd been released. Will make a nice present.

disgaea's good, but i'm hoping for there to be a new fire emblem soon

Wait, Was Fallout 4 released in 2016?
Hell

I thought D5 was done by an entirely new team and people were weary of it
He's referring to your fucked logic, not the editing.

You sound like one of those people who is hell bent on soomsaying the industry. You shitpost and buzzword about games before they're even released, or before you even play them.

You intentionally ignore everything that IS good, just because it goes against your GAMING IS DEAD, PAY ATTENTION ME.

Go away.

I for some reason thought it was released last year
I guess Xenoblade X counts too then

Titanfall 2 is going to be great

Trying to get into the X series myself, but I am overwhelmed. I know that I'll love it if I can just get properly into it, but its so hard.

However if I get into it proper I'll probably never stop playing.

Don't worry the game you've been waiting for is coming December 1st.

>Disgaea 5
Initial release date: March 26, 2015

>GG Xrd Revelator
Initial release date: August 25, 2015

>Fallout 4
Initial release date: November 10, 2015

>I thought D5 was done by an entirely new team and people were weary of it
dunno about dev situation but game is solid. Gameplay got better again.
Only shitty thing about it was Pleinair locked behind season pass

Overwatch is good. People who disagree either don't like FPS/online multilayer in general, have actually played very little of the game, or only play by themselves.

Pokemon will also be good.

>Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
>Rabi-Ribi
>Guilty Gear Xrd Relevator
>Doom
>Disgaea 5
>Ratchet and Clank
>KoF14
>SMT 4 Apocalypse
this year has been great you sad sack of shit.

while the the original Odin Sphere is almost 10 years, Leifthrasir improves the combat and framerate so much it managed to turn a 7/10 game into a 10/10

>Disgaea 5
>Initial release date: March 26, 2015

october in EU but still: fuck me, i was 100% sure it was this year. i even bought it last year.

fucking time is flying man.

This is the worst year ever for videogames, but a great year for gamers with a backlog. I'm down to ~30 games to complete / get bored of / hate. All thanks to literally no good games coming out.

Last new game I bought was Fallout 4 in 2015 and I didn't even finish it because it was a pile of shit.

Relevator in 2015 was only the arcade version

Yeah we're living in the backlog ages. Only a handful good games coming out but my backlog is still growing with old classics I havent played yet.

>Niggerfield 1
>>WE WUZ WEHRMACHT AND SHEEIITT
>WEHRMACHT

Lol.

OP here

Crusader Kings II never disappoints.

Just got murdered by Death pretending to be a nun

Uncharted 4: still a shitty class-B multiplayer , still a movie with more scripts than gameplay.

Deus Ex is pretty good tho.. except for the breach, the breach is shit as fuck.

for the lazy anons who are confused/don't want to google: germany's army in ww1 was called Reichswehr.

or no scratch that, the name was actually Deutsches Kriegsheer. Reichswehr was between ww1 and ww2.

You are faggoto, go back to bed you emo kid

They've replaced all of the whites with blacks and made all the guns prototype machine guns.

So, we're already going for historical revisionism. How do we know for sure they aren't actually called the Wehrmacht or Deutsches Kriegsheer or Whitey Killing Brigade or something?

It's more of a steampunk action game than an accurate WWI simulator.

Fallout 4
>boring and very buggy. changed Fallout series to a FPS
What the hell are you on about?

You shut your whore mouth, XCOM 2 is GOAT

This

>ridiculous difficulty spike at the end
Nigga what ?

Yeah, F3 did that first

Door Kickers 2 is coming out mate.

So it won't be all bad.

This guy gets it, keep positive user.

any good platformers come out lately?

Doom
Deus Ex
Hitman

All good games.

Soon: Dishonored 2
Maybe: Shadow Warrior 2 (if they knew what they were doing) Divinity: Original Sin 2 (if 2016) and Syberia 3.