What is Cred Forums's consensus on this?

What is Cred Forums's consensus on this?

its a better game than the orginal half life

gearbox never made a good game after this

Good ideas, nice expansion, too short. The "use other units to accomplish parts" was under utilised. What's the point of having an engineer if it';s just a "push to weld door" button.

Mediocre level design, visually wasn't bad and had some cool set peices but had nowhere near the scale and layout of the original game. You can see this clearest in the Geneworm chapter which ripped off Blast Pit but was 1/4 the size and nowhere near as imposing or impressive.

Had good new content though, although RaceX were pretty lame bullet sponges.

i thought it was fun, not as good as original or blue shift though, even with the cooler weapons

>its a better game than the orginal half life

Neck yourself

What do you have against Brothers in Arms senpai?

its just fact

you cant dispute it

I unironically like it more than regular Half Life, probably because it's a lot shorter and I felt it was more well paced. Geneworm sucked and Race X was oc donut steel tier, though. Also, new weapons were fun.
>a fucking barnacle gun

I really enjoyed it.

Very interesting concept of being "the villian" in half-life universe.

It has worse level design, worse pacing, and retarded AI companions

Or any universe, there really is no game that did it that good. It's a great game.

1. the guns are better.
2. the companions are fun.
3. its cool to play as a bad guy.

all cool but I like blue shift the most

its great, an the oly good game gearbox has ever mad.

final boss was really terrible tho

I always liked it over the original

it has better designed maps than the original half-life.

and a shitload of weapons.

>it has better designed maps than the original half-life.

Lol

Gearbox did Xen better on this and Blue Shift than the original Half-Life.

When I played through these games I actually wanted to see more Xen areas. Those skyboxes on Opposing force were beautiful.

DELET THIS

>he thought blue shit was better than green LMAO

I want to see the Opposing Fronts 2 before HL3. gearbox is having some problems with their current games so it would help them to make it as well.

>YEAH, WE CAN DO MORE DAMAGE THAT WAY

I think black mesa players a lot better then half life 1. besides the lack of xen

Mediocre level design. Feels like a mod at times. Gearbox was never good.

Sven coop is better

Pretty good, better than Blue Shift anyway.

worth it purely for the CTF game mode, it totally balanced all the weapons and was fun as fuck, no idea why they took it out on the steam version

Superior to the original Half Life in every single way, yet the boring as shit original became a "cult classic" while this one faded into obscurity.

They cut out too much and there's some retarded balance problems (like the HECU being overpowered to the point they win every fight against the aliens, even though that contradicts the story), but it's alright.

the guns are the same

-things contrarians say

Grunts sound a lot better. Plus the gun sounds give me an erection