Dragon Quest X - Localization Campaign

Hello All, Please take the time to follow the steps below, It only takes a minute or two and would really help out. Also, Dragon Quest thread
--------------------------------------------------------
Greetings DQ fans!

I've been doing some research with Square Enix Support in an effort to get Dragon Quest X localized. I've had some pretty good success so far. Square Enix communicated to me that if they see enough support tickets requesting Dragon Quest X, they will consider the localization. They have been very helpful and even offered to put me in contact with their developers, so this campaign has some realistic weight to it.

What I will need you to do is go to the Square Enix support page for any Dragon Quest game (for example, here's the one for Dragon Quest IX https:**t.co*7wtaGp04gN )( Replace * with / ) and create a support ticket.
Here are the steps:

1. For Contact category choose Products & Services and for Contact Sub-Category choose Product Specifications.

2. Enter a subject line under contact details, and keep it to under 40 characters. For example: "DQX".

3. Hit Next. On the next page, hit Next again. Now choose Proceed to Email Support.

4. Enter in your contact information. Enter your email address twice. If you plan on creating multiple support tickets, please use a different email address per support ticket.

5. In 4000 characters or less, write a polite message to support asking for Dragon Quest X's localization. Once you submit your ticket draft you can preview it or edit it. Once you are satisfied, click Submit.

Please keep the message focused on Dragon Quest X for this campaign. If this experiment works then we can try focusing on other DQ games in the future. We can really do this! Thank you for your support.

>Can I request an XI localization at the same time?
Yes
>What consoles is X on?
Wiiu , Wii , PS4 , NX , PC , Mobile and 3DS
>Whats with the OP pic?
Its a review of DQX i found on amazon. I translated it into english and thought the result was funny.

Why would you even bother requesting XI?
They're gonna fucking do it. It's on PS4, it's new, and it's not nearly as big of an undertaking as 7 or 10. The only reason we haven't gotten 10 yet is because it's a god damn MMO for a series that isn't all that popular outside of Japan.

XI is a safe bet that they would localize it. The Joker 3 and the Monster remakes on the other hand.

Also, unrelated to OP's topic, but I'm not making a second Dragon Quest thread for this.

>7 3DS
>Removes the parts of the long-ass intro and temple that feel natural (puzzle solving, exploration, etc).
>Keeps almost all of the shitty, unnecessary parts (talking to way too many people about way too much shit, walking back and forth between places over and over and over, etc).

Why? I'm gonna have to just boot up the PS1 copy for the intro now, since I actually enjoyed the puzzles.

Terry's Wonderland is just gonna get a fan-script insert (can't call it much of a translation, it's the same old game) anyway. It's funny, it'll probably happen before that ancient fan translation of 1+2 on PS1 is finished.

There's people working on it?

bump, DQ is a fucking drug and I need my fix.

DQ Builder is almost here

Of course not.
Don't tell anyone, do you WANT a C&D?

Really makes me wonder; in a game that isnt so story heavy, why not just have the translators make up their own shit. The only thing stopping me from playing jap games is how Id never understand the mecahnics. Anyone could have guessed the story for DWM.

Yes I know, but it's the last chance for it to happen. Even at 1% chance. Doesn't hurt to try

I started playing the DQ series and I'm beginning to see why this series is so beloved. I've only played the first 3 and they've been pretty great for the most part

>DQ1
Great little JRPG, the game is perfectly balanced so you end up at the right level at the right time to progress all the way to the end

>DQ2
A good game, but the crest collection became a little tedious and the final area is a grind fest

>DQ3
I've only played two hours of this game and already it feels like it has the making of an amazing JRPG

I'm curious to know if DQ3 is considered one of the best in the series, because so far I'm liking it a lot.

Gotcha, what's the secret knock to get in on this?

How's this campaign going anyway? Any updates?

Yep. Generally 3, 5 and 8 are the most favorite

3 is awesome. Personally I adore 3, 6, 5 and 8. But 9 has the best and most difficult final boss in the series.

bump

No response yet, But supposedly lots of email have been sent, some people on woodus got back non generic replies.

Dosent mean much, but still.

Yeah the first DQM was not very story heavy at all particularly because most of it is in random dungeons.

It's the second that needs the clarity. The random dungeons aren't a thing till the endgame for that.

Eh, The initial puzzles werent that great. Just added more filler.

A little bit better for exposition sake, but other then that, eh.

III is the best of the original 3, IV Is the best of 4,5,6 and VIII is the best of 7,8,9

3 and 5 are the near universal darlings.
4 and 8 are generally loved but have detractors.
6 and 7 have pretty mixed response, with 6 being mostly middling across the board while 7 is more love-or-hate.
9's a bit odd.
Most people love 1's simplicity and brevity.
2's generally considered the worst because the balance is abysmal.

Eh, Demo wasent so great. To hard to aim

Hey, I like my adventures to feel like adventures.