Soundtrack wasn't great
I prefer ds2s approach to dual wielding
Not much fashion

Thats it

8/10

nothing GOTY

>it was still pretty shitty though

You must not like that many games.

It was the shortest game of the series with some of the easiest bosses.

No poise.
Fast enemies with seemingly endless combo strings and stamina who don't play by the same rules as you do

Both of those reasons render heavy weapons and armor pointless, crippling variety. Just use Knight armor and a broadsword the entire game and roll your way to victory

The only bad thing about DS3 is a linear game progression but game more than makes up for this with brilliant level design. Aside from that it's one of the best fromsoft games, only losing BB+ToH and for all we know DLC may change even that ranking.

Did anyone else have a slight delay between pressing the key and the character dodging?

>this is what sonyggers actually believe

Not much. Balance in pvp is probably the worst part.
Still the best Souls game though.

>No poise
You know poise is still in the game, it just isn't incredibly broken anymore like in the first two games

Not with DS1 existing.

Actually, in terms of balance DS3 is very nice compared to the rest of the series. The only blatant balance breakers right now are carthus curved and washing pole and they will most likely get nerfed into oblivion at some point.

> You know poise is still in the game

How exactly.

youtube.com/watch?v=ywdjQPy3jmw

>muh no poise
>muh havel gear and brain off gameplay

>expecting havelshitter crying that his overpowered stagger immunity got nerfed into oblivion to understand this

Maybe if DS1 didn't fall apart in the last parts of the game.

Full Havel armor flinches and gets knocked around by early trash enemies with broken hilts.

>Soundtrack wasn't great

Nah, it was the best in the series.

was solaire shoe all along?

-Too linear
-Awful PvP, second worst in the series next to Bloodborne
-Shit build variety
-Too short
-No poise
-Story consists of too much DS1 fanservice

+Good soundtrack
+Beautiful environments
+Great bosses

Overall it's worse than DS2, better than DeS and BB.

Who cares.

You'll all be hyped again with DS4.

Second best after BB. But all the best BB tracks are DLC and DS3 dlc ost sounds astonishing so far, so this may change.

DS4 is not coming.

Tries to be bloodborne and fails. Removed alot of depth and variety to the gameplay to focus on just combat.

>someone put the time into making this shitty video without understanding the new poise mechanics
They made it so poise only effects certain attack animations that have hyper armor. Even if you have max poise you'll still stagger if you're standing/running/drinking, but you'll get poise when it matters during your attacks.
Expecting to just be an immortal, unflinching god at all times is hilarious. I could see how people that played through 1 and 2 with the crutch of being basically unkillable really hate the change.

solarie is the storm drake.

Except that was disproven almost immediately. Poise is literally turned off in the game's code, you can re-enable it with Cheat Engine. It works exactly the same as DS1's poise.

By seamlessly integrating it's lore with that of DaS1?

Hyper armor is not affected by poise

Not only attack animations, some roll frames of 30%+ weight rolls have hyperarmor as well.

Not flinching from an attack when wearing super heavy armor doesn't make you invincible.

It's a poor man's Bloodborne

Also its basically panders to the "git gud" crowd by throwing blatantly unfair challenges at you like DS2 did. Dark Souls fanbase really was it undoing.

in what way?

i really enjoyed both

though i'll admit that i'm in the minority that liked DaS2 more. DaS2 just felt bigger with more to find. also a good number of DaS3's areas were more annoying than fun (slogging through large marsh/swamp sections namely)

People finding that poise is 'turned off' was just a major overreaction in the community when people found it. It gets turned on during hyperarmor frames. People saw that its normally turned off and shit their pants about it.
I rock armor of the sun and a great club and shrug off attacks all the damn time, so I know poise works.

it was fun using the invisibility ring with soul stream for the first 1-2 weeks of release

no idea how people play dark souls games for over a month

They'll make a repacked new souls ip like Bloodborne, but on all platforms.

Why do retards like you keep spouting this absolute fucking drivel?
Why do you unironically think having working poise makes you invincible? How is having broken poise and getting stunlocked all the time fun at all? Brain damage?
Poise adds an extra layer of depth to the game, for builds in both PvE and PvP. Removing it makes literally no sense and has killed the lasting appeal (PvP) of the game for the majority of the playerbase.

>all the best BB tracks are DLC

Ebrietas, Gehrman, One Reborn, Moon Presence are all just as good as DLC Ost's. Only good DaS3 OST is Princes.

Where the fuck is DaS3 unfair?

>Except that was disproven almost immediately
No.
reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4vnan9/how_poise_works/
>Poise is literally turned off in the game's code
The thing they found is a fucking iron flesh status.

Mostly just butthurt that people don't like their game as much as 3. Have you seen the threads recently?

>source: my ass
>linking to reddit

Extremely derivative.

>Only good DaS3 OST is Princes.
And also Pontiff, Dragonslayer Armour, Yhorm and Vordt.

Yeah, it's mostly people trying to pretend that DaS3 ignores 2 when its most important plot points are a direct continuation.

Not having poise might have been OK in DS1, where combat was a bit more skill based and enemies didn't just combo spam you.

DS3 was clearly designed with "Well, shit, we're out of ideas for real difficulty, lets just make every enemy attack forever with no stamina" in mind, the kind of game where it would have been really fucking nice to not get stunned by even the smallest hits.

Not a lot. I absolutely loved some of the levels, the whole climb to the top of the archive was fantastic. Can't wait for the DLC.

there are hardly any DaS2 fags on Cred Forums. most people here just parrot each other that DaS2 is "the worst game ever made"

I recently played through DS1 as a full heavy armor character and any mistakes I made didn't matter because I could drink estus whenever the fuck I wanted, regardless of where the enemies were or if they were about to hit me or not. Poise 100% of the time is a really stupid game mechanic, and the only people bitching about it are the ones that started to rely on it and need to adjust and git gud

>being so obsessed with "muh website wars" you wont even click a reddit link that proves you wrong

underage please gtfo

Congrats, you posted your opinion.
Again you aren't doing anything useful except for spouting shit hyperbole. Poise existing does not mean every build will turn into full Havel facerolling.

But poise still exists user

Brought nothing new to the table, it was just "dark souls meets bloodborne" and that was it

Cast a fucking iron flesh and get hit by enemies a few times, then turn on that status and get his by enemies a few times, your stagger behavior will be absolutely the same, retard.
And sorry for posting a link to a huge and well-explained post about actual poise mechanics in ds3, it seems to be incomprehensible for your shitposting brain.

>ignoring murder cox on the right

One is retarded but the other is hungry for blood.

>weapon arts are not new

Poise still exist, it just doesn't allow scrub tactics anymore.

Anytime your fighting an obvious bloodborne enemy.

It really wasn't anything game changing user.

You expect any reasonably sane person to be happy with this? They changed it for no fucking reason and now it's complicated and shitty. I don't care for an explanation, I'm still not playing the game any more and will be enjoying the superior PvP experiences in DS1 and DS2. Enjoy your dead game.

Isn't that almost all the fucking time?

Everything.

Any reasonably sane person understands that DS1/2 poise was ridiculously overpowered and needed a huge nerf. Glad Fromsoft saw it as well.

most weapon arts were garbage and a waste of time

Git gud kid

>you will always stagger outside of hyper armor frames, just like in demon's souls and bloodborne
>poise totally exists u guise! it's not just a hyper armor stat called poise this time around!

>>>>>people still defend this garbage

But DS1 and DS2 are dead games, DS3 is pretty alive

Wait so is DS3 significantly easier than DS1/DS2? Or is it unfair and too hard? We can't seem to get a consensus here boys

DS3 is way easier than DS1/2

DS3 is totally easier than DS2, around the same difficulty as DS1. DS2 is the hardest game in the series.

Wait so once your poise is depleted it won't refill in combat ? lol

>No build variety
>Season pass
>fell short of ds2 which fell short because of muh non-original team
pretty mediocre for a souls game

It is easier but unbalanced, poorly and lazilly made, enemies are obviously made for Bloodborne playstyle yet you are not fast enough for that, so you just have to use the most boring tactics.

All 3 games are easy, what does it matter

>having the reading comprehension of a dog with cataracts
When your stagger, your poise meter is refilled
If you go 30 seconds without getting hit, your poise meter is refilled
>source: my eyes

retards like you were stuck on lothric knights because you never used weapon arts lmao.

It's one of the harder ones for newbies, but it's definitely the easiest if you've played even one Souls game previously.

And unfairness doesn't necessarily mean a game is hard. Easy games can have a lot of unfair moments.

>lothric knights

Not really, I parried those mother fuckers.

Less ambition and variety then 1.
The game is more linear and more action-oriented.
It's still good and I personally like it more then 1, but I can see its shortcomings.
Not even considering 2.

Weapon arts have higher poise damage. Even when you're out of MP, if you use a greatsword like the Flamberge you can stab Prince Lothric on the face and back step, repeat, with its weapon art.

so you used the shield's weapon art? :^)

No I'm talking about the infinite stamina and poise, super fast hitting and long comboing bullshit enemies. Your standard enemy may look like its out of Bloodborne but a good amount of them play like its a Dark Souls game.

i suppose it depends on what you are used to, but i disagree, i thought DaS3 was pretty tough. in particular the pontiff & storm lord were the hardest bosses in the series for me.

granted, ive spent many more hours in DaS2 than DaS3, but the only parts of DaS2 that I thought were truly "difficult" were shrine of amana & parts of the DLCs. DaS3's faster pace makes it quite a bit tougher in my opinion. though i also found BB to be really tough so if you thought that was easier than i can see why DaS3 would likewise be easier

I don't consider an abbility that was there ever since DS1 to be a part of a new mechanic.

I would have been parrying even without the existence of weapon art, therefore weapon art being pointless.

i didnt get stuck on anything, the game is simple as shit with or without weapon arts kiddo

sure fami keep summoning :)

Which enemies are the BB ones besides the doggos? A lot of them have poise or stamina that can be broken like those knights. Most of the enemies are quite slow in my opinion.

Lothric Knights arent any harder than Black Knights in DS1, Im talking about shit like Outriders that just never stop attacking

That's how I know that you play this game much. Some weapons are broken because of their weapon arts.

It was? As a glass-cannon build fan myself, all I can see is that we lost any form of focus on defense (armor upgrades are gone, poise was diminished, shields/parry isn't as good) and I gained nothing for it. Game isn't made any better by those changes.

By which point, I'd have to ask why make things worse for others?

Those are so easy to kill, even with a UGS. They do have downtimes for you to attack.

Why is the port so shoddy? What happened? II's was great, but, the port of III was dogshit.
Specs, and I can't hit 60 FPS on Max
>i5 at 3.50GHz
>GTX 780 Ti
>12 gigs of ram

I've gotten Outriders to stagger, and I think that them being untiring monsters was kinda the point, Pontiff did some unholy things to them, Dancer, and Vordt.
There's only 4 of them in the whole game and they don't respawn so they aren't really an issue

i7 at 3.5GHz
Gtx 950
16 gb ram

Run at max fine

Darkwraiths feel like bb enemies. They have like 5-6 hit combo strings and massive poise. Pontiff knights have endless stamina too, altho their poise is low.

I can't get 60 on it for some reason. It pisses me off. The highest I get is 55. I want 60 dammit.

durr durr what went wrong me funny meme star what did he mean by this just fuck my shit up senpai

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting.

>come out of the catacombs of carthus
>see irithyll of boreal valley
>looks like a giant snow town with big cathedrals in the distance
>expect a perfect mix between Eleum Loyce and Bloodborne
>fight a cool monster on the bridge
>head over to the town
>find out that it's literally just one narrow street

I've never been more upset. And after the first street, you run in a straight line across an boring lake, run in a straight line across a super-small sewer, house, and then back to where you started except you're on the other side of a gate to fight the boss.

the grand archives sorta made up for it, though. might be my favorite level in the entire series, i get a heavy castlevania feeling from it.

It went wrong if you liked DaS2.

Say what you will about Irthyll, but, at least it leads to the best part of the game. The revisit to Anor Londo. Holy shit I loved that part.

Armor sucks it only minimize a little damage so increasing vitality isn't important.

And no Poise.

Wish they made a dungeoun like in BB too or more weapon modification so more builds can be done.

>no poise makes half the armor in the game useless, aswell as a ring.
>color use went back to drab and dreary which is boring as shit compared to ds2 which managed to look weathered and decayed without skimping on color
>way too much DS1 fan service
>covenants are a pain in the ass and farming for certain items is a bitch
>gameworld is lineair except for 2 side areas
>enemies are hyperagressive sometimes a la bloodborne but there's no dashing to compensate unless you use specific weapons
>enemies sometimes randomly stay alive after a hit that should have been lethal with 1hp

Still i did enjoy playing it in co-op, there's just a lot of bullshit to it

>Yeah, it's mostly people trying to pretend that DaS3 ignores 2 when its most important plot points are a direct continuation.

Doesn't the Profane Capitol alone contain a dozen or so references to DSII?

>Yhorm looking similar to the Giant Lord
>Storm Ruler capable of felling greatwoods, which are the trees giants from 2 turn into when they die
>Relatives of the Silent Oracle
>The Profane Flame being a fusion of the old chaos flame and the abyss

And I'm pretty sure the end of fire is the ending hinted by Aldia as well.

No love for Oceiros?

youtube.com/watch?v=9dC-twGI6gI

Oh yes, forgot about him. Great theme and great transition to the second stage.

>strager is a tard
>gnade is a dick
>cox is a fucking murderous paychopath
Shit must be fucked up in that school.

poor edit

bum

what went right

THIS ISN'T LLOYD STOP MEMEING ON ME

OCELOTTE REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Estocs were a mistake
>get invaded/ launch invasion
>get poked to death
I hate metagamers.

Oceiros was weird, man. He spends forever talking about Ocellote, but I had no fucking clue who Ocellote was
>walk through boss fog for the first time
>hear Oceiros speak
>"oh shit I think I might have done something out of order"
>"Sorry dude, I don't know where your kid is!"
then I realized that I didn't do anything out of order, and that Ocellote just isn't important at all

>what is parrying

Something I'm bad at.

The Nioh Beta came out

After playing it it's impossible to go back to dark souls terrible, slow, repetitive and boring combat and it's lazy as fuck story telling.

Only still good about Dark Souls is the unique look of the world

go away, Nioh webm guy

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

It happens every now and then.

I saw a youtube video about something like this the other day.

Reason 3 felt so lack luster was because the trailer blew the games load. I even went back and re-watched all three games trailers. dark souls 1 and 2 only had footage of about 3-4 bosses in the trailer meaning the rest were a mystery. Meanwhile dark souls three was only MISSING 3-4 bosses from its trailers. So by launch day you already knew what most of the bosses looked like and unknowing lost a lot of the appeal and mystery to the game.

they killed the best trap

Ocelotte will be a dlc character.

how could Ocelotte be a dlc character if he got killed during the fight?

Not as good as demon souls

He was too tasty for his own good.

>started as a cleric for roleplaying reasons
>mace weapon art is god awful "poise stance" and completely useless
>find red hilted halberd
>expecting a charge or thrust WA
>it's the fucking poise stance

I don't hate all WAs(tho I preferred powerstancing), but fuck poise stance and other useless passive WAs, fuck it up the ass

post yfw you saw pic related for the first time

It's not even the best track in the game.
youtube.com/watch?v=f0LdIZ8TWYo

>abyss watchers is the best theme of DaS3
haha good joke, you're a funny guy, user

youtube.com/watch?v=EwFA2VdCGcY

WHAT WENT RIGHT XD

Ocellote and his death seem central to everything that happens in DS3.

There's a strong thematic bent on child death and infertility in the gale's artistic direction.

Just need to connect the dots. I keep wondering whether the devs wanted the player to be Ocellote, but backtracked in the end.

What? Are you retarded?

I really like the Dancer of the Boreal Valley track, especially in game. The steps are integral part of the music to me.

le oceiros throws ocelotte during the fight maymay

>There's a strong thematic bent on child death and infertility in the gale's artistic direction.

What exactly are you basing this on?

>Ocellote and his death are central to EVERYTHING that happens in DaS3
explain further, because Ocelotte/Oceiros are wholly uninvolved in the entirety of the CotD/Aldrich/Profaned Capital storylines

Finally, an user with god tier taste

Sulyvahn did nothing wrong

It was horseshit compared to bloodborne who was already 1 year old.

> worse than DS2
Nice b8 m8. DS2 is fucking garbage dude, come on.

> better than DeS and BB
Oknot.jpg

Nothing, it's the best game in the series.

Symbols - the sword and recipient when you reach Lothric the first time are too deliberate to be gratuitous, which makes the city wall/pilgrims one all the more vivid - the Ocellote bit itself, Rosaria's fingers... bits about the Ashen Estus Flask and the ring in the Untended Graves...

There's a quite a few pieces that go that way at least.

>too linear
>Infusions are mostly ass and worse than in DeS and definitely worse than DaS2
>Balance isn't that great both weapon wise and spell wise
>Bosses are meh with some standouts
>Areas are boring as fuck
>Enemies feel ripped from BB
>Weapon arts are a completely squandered opportunity
>Mostly bad armor
>Too many direct callbacks to DaS1
>Zero build variety due to little dedicated scaling weapons and bad infusion system

Still is very good though

That is bullshit and you know it

youtube.com/watch?v=N9weE9wO5LU

Does anyone know of a good weapon to use for a pyromancy build? I've been playing with the Witch's Locks which is kinda fun but not always practical.

>There will never be a boss fight as emotional as Ludwig, as hard as Ludwig, with a soundtrack as good as the one in thw Ludwig boss fifht, as hyped as the Ludwig boss fight, ever in the history of humanity.

Well they followed the fromsoft trend of not finishing the game. That said its the best Dark Souls

>people defending a useless stat and making heavy armor useless

If people want to play a heavy character that can't be stopped, why not let them?

youtube.com/watch?v=HtoGYMEHJnc

Listening to this when fighting Champion made my dick diamond hard. Really immerses you in the duel. The slow parts where it resembles Requiem for a dream made me yell "COME AT ME" at the screen.

They really go all out with these tracks.

These statements aren't contradictory at all.

he's not nioh webm guy. i am

Is Ariandel the Painted World?

Why does Vaatifaggot say the crow boss is Lloyd?

Wouldnt it make sense it it was Gwynevere or Velka?

Who is the white haired woman? Looks like Velka but Velka has black hair.

Also she talks like Gwyndolin

It made DS2 apologists create constant apologize threads on Cred Forums for some reason. DS2 is still shit. They're just mad because Miyazaki literally doesn't give a shit about pvp

Mechanically I think 3 is the best. It certainly feels the nicest to control but I felt like everything else was lazy. Was pretty disappointed in the quality of areas in the game. Bringing back the infusions from DeS was nice but yet they don't seem as good as they once were and quality infusion reigns supreme. Magic still feels like an afterthought and having to sacrifice estus for magic recovery is fucking shit. Along with even more mandatory gear for your magic to hit worth a damn. Weapons are mostly garbage with a handful of things being too good. Armor that is almost entirely cosmetic now and can't even be upgraded. What is even the point? Game definitely has some of the most annoying enemies too that seem like they belong in BB instead. Bosses were ho-hum but at least better than 2 for the most part.

DaS2 is still the worst in the series but I'm pretty mad that some good ideas in 2 were scrapped because of all the back-pedalling FROM did only to cater to DaS1 fags.

how else would you scale the walls of anor londo from the pits of the carthus catacombs?

BB > DaS3 > DaS > DeS > DaS2

>but game more than makes up for this with brilliant level design
What did he mean by this?

It is. If you run out of poise during a hyperarmor move, you'll get staggered instead, completely nullifying your hyperarmor.

lack of poise is annoying

other than that i loved it

>Im talking about shit like Outriders that just never stop attacking
It's not that they never stop attacking, it's that every move they have has 2 built-in attacks.

FUCK OFF

>Calling perseverance passive
>Not knowing that it lets you tank hits as well as dealing counter damage
>Not being aggressive as fuck with leo ring RHH, black knight sword, or caestus combos
>Being this retarded
End yourself

well fuck me sideways, i completely agree

i thought good taste was extinct on Cred Forums

>people want poise turned on in ds3
I can just see the estoc r1 meta when no one staggers

Bloodborne spoiled us. DS3 felt like a step backwards in nearly every category (especially after TOH). But I think people hate on it too much, it's way better than DS2 and it has great bosses in the latter half of the game.

getting two shot by greatweapons and corner staggered to death by 3 fast weapon users is less fun

estoc meta ain't even the worst thing
imagine yourself full havel with carthus curved swords who can just R1R1R1R1R1R1R1 for day and not even get staggered
thank fucking god From doesn't listen to community

this

I'll tell you:

>shortest game in the series
>bonfires out the ass
>filled to the brim with shitty references
>On-disc cut content that will be sold as DLC
>no dynamic lighting system when even basic indie games have them
>No optimization
>rehashed areas
>rehashed NPCs
>rehashed animations
>No innovation
>invasions sucks
>Heavy armor sucks
>armor sets don't even fit properly
>brown and grey
>shit AI
>Armor variety is less than DS2 BASE game, despite copypasting a 3rd of the armors from previous games
>Magic needs 2-3 ring slots just to dish out melee level damage
>Magic itself does reduced damage for PvP
>awful scaling balance
>FP is the most awful casting management system introduced yet (worse than DeS mana, which had better regen options and more efficient)
>FP horribly ineffiecent with damage, ends up causing everyone to use 1 or 2 FP efficient spell like Great Heavy Soul Arrow
>Miracles awful, best and most viable one locked behind the final boss
>bland NG+
>awful covenants
>no blue eye orb
>blue sentinels and darkmoons the exact same
>left hand weapons no longer have full movesets
>dual wield weapons are gimmicks
>Straight Swords and Curved Sword are as fast as daggers
>Great Weapons are slower than previous games, and costs more stamina, while barely doing more damage
>1-2 Weapons ALWAYS the best in class, no redeeming qualitys for special weapons resulting in less weapon variety than BB
>very little moveset variation
>existence of Carthus Rouge
>WA are mostly shit or copypasted powerstance moves
>no tech
>No animation canceling
>No backstep i-frame
>rolls have too much i-frames and cost too little stamina
>bloodborne enemies catered to R1 spam from ss and cs
>hexes gone and dark magic is shit
>shittiest dragon form
>no dragon covenant
>refined/hollow completely dominates
>pyromancy is the quality of casters
>19 bosses, a good chunk being gimmicks
>linear level design, less branching options than DeS, DS2, and even BB

>the DLC won't save it

3/4 of this is subjective

>Why does Vaatifaggot say the crow boss is Lloyd?

>Japanese description of what the scythe lady says depicts him as a "Godfather/Church Father", and he was Gwyn's uncle and called "Allfather"
>Gold Coin description depicts Lloyd as a winged being, while the crow boss is obviously a Corvian
>Destructo disk(rings) spell depicts the Way of White symbol, the new sword looks like the Cleric's Candlestick from the Deacons (who were former Way of White dudes) and they're both found in the DLC
>you find the NPC in the Cathedral of the Deep which is greatly associated with the Way of White
>the DaS3 descriptions of Lloyd mentions the Carim dudes thinking he was a derivative fraud with a self-proclaimed title who "disappeared"
>this one is a stretch, but when you think about it, with Lloyd peering inside a bowl full of black liquid, if you imagine the black liquid as "emptiness" and the outer edges of the bowl as "solid and bright", what Lloyd sees from his point of view is the Way of White symbol

I feel like I'm forgetting something else important.

Tards like you two are exactly what's wrong with the playerbase.

Go on mugen and create poise tank with the same DPS as 40/40 refined Carthus.

Protip: You literally can't.
Vit is fucking stat (nerfed from DS2) that completely dictates what you wear, you can't wear havel without completely gimping yourself in other areas.

So never spout your worthless "b-but in DS1 it was broken" arguments again you brainless pieces of shits.

>>Gold Coin description depicts Lloyd as a winged being
DaS1 description*

you don't need 40/40
27/40 is more than enough
take yhorm's shield into offhand for whopping 45 poise, equip wolf ring+2 and all most poise-effective armor you have enough space for
congrats, you are already a fucking poise monster
don't even start barking about poise you fucking retard, it was nerfed into oblivion for a reason and it's never coming back because it's insanely easy to abuse

>mid equip load is 70%
>mid rolls have same i-frames as fast rolls
>implying you couldn't put on some heavy as fuck poise armour without passing 70% easily and no level ups

>pretending to know what poise is
Tell me what you think that number means

There's also
>Lloyd is said to be a judge of duels, and there's a dueling arena in the DLC
>he already has named weapons, Sword of Law and Shield of Caste
>Sword of Law is depicted on lloyd's sword ring and has a small hilt, like swords employed by soldiers in DLC who are most likely his combat clerics
>same with the Shield of Law and their shields
>altar of deacons bearded guy from DLC prays to actually conceals a statue of woman greatly resembling the scythe girl

its probably because you held it too long and the game counted that as an input for sprint.

dodge and sprint should be on different buttons

Soul of Cinder is a great final boss

>best soundtrack
>linear but that doesn't make it bad
>bosses are pretty great and are consistently hard unlike the majority of the other games
>most of DS3 bosses are memerable
>best looking
>better and more clear story
>combat is more fast paced

BB>DeS>DS3>DS1>DS2

Oh yeah, self-flagellation is a pretty religious notion.

do you really think that you're talking with someone who doesn't know about negative poise values stack?
i can easily create a build with almost 70 poise regardless

It was uninspired and forgettable.

Also too linear

Poise value % reduction of poise damage you take. But your dumbass probably didn't know this. The only ones who get shit on by poise-on are retarded r1 spammers (like yourself no doubt) by other retarded r1 spammers. Larger weapons have massive poise damage that the will always complete trades, especially due to poise multipliers they have to enhance their effective poise health.

So continue playing spam souls 3 and keep pretending that the current shitty system is in anyway good.

Trash that is overrated by wannabe action game players (they can't actually play real action games)

What weapon to use in DaS2? Im still running around with a bandits axe 2handed
First playthrough, have not used a shield and dont plan to
I did, in following order: Heides Tower, Forest, Bastille, Wharf, rest of Bastille and Sinners Rise, the 3 areas down the hole and dont know where i want to go now, should i already do the dlc behind rotten?
Also, any general advice?
>inb4 uninstall

>It was a sequel to DaS1

There in lies the problem, these games work best as self contained stories where each spiritual successor presents a new, mysterious world, DaS1 was about a world on the brink of dying where essentialy a heat death was the only way forward, not exactly sequel material.

I went with the Greatsword and it served me well.

>A bit too linear for souls games
>Still thinking DS interconnectivity wasn't a mistake.

we're talking about hypotetical situation when they turn on ds1 poise system you fucking troglodyte
and this poise monsters with carthus curved is what this cancerous shit system is going to create, unstaggerable by virtually anything this matters
your precious ultra weapons are going to stay shit regardless simply because they are too slow to hit anything, but funny thing - if ds1 poise is turned on, you will be able to afford much less poise than a typical carthus curved sword user because your slab of iron weights 3 times more than fast, spammy shit

Here you go, this what poise would look like in DS3

youtube.com/watch?v=apzMebcAKsw&feature=youtu.be

>first poisestab happens less than a minute in
Closed the video there.

I'm so happy that From is smarter than their userbase.

>unstaggerable by virtually anything
Stop posting anytime. You're too stupid understand how poise-on would work in DS3.

We want the Dark Souls 1 audience.

this looks shooped as fuck

it will work like this, a wonderful land of poisestabs and desperate r1 mashing

>m-muh backstabs waaaahhhh

Kill yourself

t.pcuck

That only proves my point. Turtle Estoc and R1 spam sword didn't win those duels fucking imbecile.

Well i'm not the one assblasted because From took out their ez mode so i'm afraid you're the one who should kill yourself, my friend.

>literally clips through the metal bowl as he smashes it into the ground

top tier combat right there

oh yes, they were won by backstabs and r1 mashing, what a wonderful meta

You think built-in DWGR invincibility dodge at half stamina cost isn't easy mode? Jump off the nearest bridge.

Wrong again fucktard, where is the mindless R1 spam winning it?

>m-muh poise waaaaaahhhhhhh
Kill yourself.

Shortcuts are too obvious. Whenever you see an elevator in DaS3, you're like "Oh well there's gonna be a shortcut that'll lead me back to the bonfire, better watch out even though it will probably be right in my face", while in DaS1, I'd say you're surprised by about 75% of the shortcuts shown to you.

>spamming roll
>r1 r1 r2 r1 r1 l2 r1
>and souls game is hard
I hate you shitties

it was literally the best thing about it nigga wtf you doing

virtually the entire video, but i guess poisestabbing fucktards consider it to be a high display of skill lmao

>playing through all DS games as a Swadian Knight
>Heavy armour, two hander sword, crossbow, lance
>DS1, super OP with poise and zwei/bastard sword, kinda fun but not too challenging
>DS2, Pretty evenly balanced, had the most fun, a challenging but doable run using much the same equipment as DS1, but with heide lance
>DS3, get shit on constantly because nopoise and two hander swords being way too slow to hit anything before getting staggered, keep getting shit on by infinite stamina enemies spamming attacks, my heavy armour is useless
Might try again with something lighter, like a Khergit. Dark Souls 3 is shit for anything that you can't roll with.

You could have just admitted you didn't watch the video or maybe you're too stupid to differentiate different attacks.

I think that even while DS3 has problems, it at least removed poise, the biggest balance breaker in DS1.

>Swadia

Like that's hard. Too bad they aren't pvp killing each other irl.

>seeing idiots say it's easy
You ever learn to ride a bike? Bet you fucking sucked at it the first time. Then you got better. You're just whining because you're actually good at a game and know what to do. Noobs would say that it's super hard. DS veterans say it's easy

I was actually going to do all 6 factions, but after I remember how shitty DS3 is, I lost the motivation. I might still go through and do Khergit, maybe Vaegir, since they use lighter armour. Which is apparently fucking needed for DS3.

Shit Souls 3 was an afterthought only praised by deluded fanboys

sorry if i fail to differentiate types of poisestabs just like i fail to differentiate different types of shit
how much of poisestab methods you fucks have in your "deep" ds1 meta, 5? 10?

straight swords being god-tier
every other weapon being useless as shit
poise not working

>no argument
As expected of a DS3baby

you don't have arguments to begin with
you bumped into discussion of other people without understanding what the fuck they were talking about then proceeded to confirm your status of a mindless ds1 drone enjoying poisestabbing, r1 mashing meta with no real punishment for getting hit or no real tactics involved aside from constant bs fishing

>From will never give stagger immunity crutch to shitters ever again
Feels extremely good.

>muh DS1 fanservice
>ignoring the fact that so many of the story plots are a direct continuation of DS3
>ignoring the fact that it's the last game and had to tie up the story.
While albeit a little poorly, it had to make a connection to the first DS you fucking ignoramus

Keep crying Shit Souls 3 baby

>>DS3, get shit on constantly because nopoise and two hander swords being way too slow to hit anything before getting staggered, keep getting shit on by infinite stamina enemies spamming attacks, my heavy armour is useless
You either have to use the hyperarmor of your GS/UGS, or you have to use your weapon arts. Stance's R2 has a shitton of hyperarmor on it, and every Stomp moves have a shitton of hyperarmor on it. If 3 enemies are stunlocking you in a corner, you can just use Stomp, then lead with a hyperarmored twist/smash/launch that will get you out of the corner. But it's really easy to run out of poise and have your hyperarmor being useless in that situation, so you gotta get better armor.

>being the first person to get someone into a stagger lock is skill meme
if you're going to lock people out of being able to do actions you might as well just kill them in one hit
having the only time you have stagger immunity is during a roll/like 3 attacks right at the end of their swings limits gameplay 100%

>muh poise
Can't you guys win pvp with skill instead of abusing mechanics?

>muh armor
>muh rolls
>muh weapons
Can't you guys win pvp with skill instead of abusing mechanics?

There are just so many QoL improvements and "given things" like weapon upgrades in DaS3 compared to the other games that I wouldn't say it's a stretch to call it easier.

Hyperarmor is shit, and the weapon art is even worse. DS2 did it best, where you would still get staggered but high poise allowed you to recover quicker. I don't know why DS3 had to shit it up and make armour useless. It wouldn't be so bad if it had any kind of impact on how much damage you take, too.

Worst game in the series

>Hyperarmor is shit, and the weapon art is even worse
So I see you never used them in PvE, uh...

you

LITERALLY THIS

WAAAAH MOM MY R! SPAM DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE

Rapier or mace from the blacksmith if you want to breeze through the game

Look at this dexbabby that doesn't know shit. Dark Souls 2 started this whole "poise doesn't do anything" bullshit because in 2 you get the shitty guaranteed 2-hit stunlock system that they put back in DaS3.

It's fucking useless as it is and the only reason you don't want the old poise back is because you'll actually have to time your attacks and strategically use attacks with your shitty dex toothpick weapons rather than fucking mash like you're free to do in DaS3. Fuck off.

Stomp is a shit WA that completely deplete all stamina unless you have 35+ END. Leaving you to be hit by any surrounding enemies. Making it only useful in 1v1, where can just abused charged R2s instead.

My r1 spam will work just as nicely. You, on the other hand, will be completely unable to stagger me with your slab of iron.

Is a bit too linear. Other than that is a great game. I would say the balance is fucked and some weapons are way stronger than others, but that's true for all 5 games.

Exactly. And not to mention that you need to be rolling constantly to avoid the shitty attack spam that all the enemies do, with no recovery period. Your window for attacking most enemies is so small, that if you're using a zwei or something, they'll attack again and stagger you before you can get your own attack off.

Oh look /dsg/ trash is here

For strength:
Club/powerstance clubs
Greatsword
Large Club/Greatclub
Giant Warrior Club
Gyrm Great hammer
Any great axe
Estoc

Dex:
Chaos blade
Rapier
Ice rapier
Black steel katana(personal fav)
Curved dragon Greatsword
Arced sword
Warped sword
Falchion

There's tons of other viable to great weapons in DaS2. Just have fun with it

You have to agree that was a terrible FUG user, not spacing out.

Well if you going full STR you might surprised by the one-handed moveset of Greathammers. Great damage too, go try some out.
If you want a similar axe you can farm a good one from an enemy down the path with the lady statue.
As someone also suggested the basic Mace is a damn good weapon, the blacksmith's hammer you find in the Bastille is pretty decent too.

Hello, "/dsg/ trash", whatever that means. Nice to meet you.

Just the Lothric storyline. Pontiff Sulyvahn and Prince Lothric have the most impact on the story itself.

Takes one to recognize another.

Let me spell it out for you, with high poise you go for counter hits. That invader was trying use the faster rolling attack as a crutch.

Stick to your containment hugbox

Honestly the biggest problem wasnt that it was linear, it wasnt the no-poise and it certainly wasnt covenants.
The biggest flaw lied in the bosses. There are literally only 2 bosses with enough health to pose a proper threat.
Any weapon over 350ar at +10/+5 is more than enough to beat any boss under 2 minutes.
The game is only really good and challenging once you reach newgame+4 since the newgame difficulty increase is disgustingly low.
And with no Ascentics or anything LIKE it you have to play trough the game 3 times for that.

Good thing i will be able to out-dps your UGS without getting staggered myself. Actually, you're the one who will get staggered first because you will be able to afford less poise.

I'm mostly talking about PVE. PVP is fun but not what I concentrate on. I prefer to just play through while being human often enough to get invaded a couple times. In PVE DS3, the mobs can and will shit all over slow weapons because of the aforementioned infinite stamina.

I'm a ds2 fag, wasn't as enthralled by vanilla ds2 as I was with ds but SOTFS is pretty cool. My only problem with it is that I find it too easy. But maybe that because I played the fuck outta it on ps3

>What went wrong?
Less things than with any other game in the "series" since Demon's Souls