This is the only good MK for ps2. Prove me wrong

This is the only good MK for ps2. Prove me wrong.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6QRmcZQPFQA
youtube.com/watch?v=7W8TtWZUSMM
youtube.com/watch?v=-XTunThG-OA
youtube.com/watch?v=rFZ85R_eNuY
youtube.com/watch?v=1CsALvT1PpA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrX_PjD6UKY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Yes.

No.

No, you're pretty much correct there.

The three "core" MK games for that generation were pretty much trash, save for a scant few character designs and fatalities.

Maybe

>playing any fighting game after the 2nd gen and before the 6th

That game was fucking great.

I hope they do another one.

Woulda been cool if the Sub-Zero and Scorpion playthrough had different dialogue.

Funny thing, there was actually going to be a Sub-Zero/Scorpion co-op game by Paradox.

They wanted to do one between MKA and MK9, but it either just never came together, or the implosion of Midway hindered it from ever moving forward in a meaningful way. The pretense for it is in Sub-Zero's MK9 ending.

If they did it now, it'd probably just be a copy/paste of Shadow of Mordor with Mortal Kombat shit.

Yeah, I remember hearing about that awhile back or something.

Oh well, MKX sucked, so I don't have too much high hope for the series.

But, MK9 was a master piece of the series core gameplay.

You can't be proven wrong. That game is amazing and i personally loved all the nods at MK2.

I can't.

Changing MK from a fighting game to a beat em up was a genius move because doing so fixed most of MK's gameplay problems overnight.

Playing games by Midway you can tell they probably had more fun making their games than any other dev so much goofy arcade style shit in them

Gauntlet was a favorite of mine back in the dizzle.

>changes the format to something better suited to MK's sensibilities
>manages to be competent as a single-player, co-op and multiplayer game without feeling compromised on any one part
>MK9 attempts to go back to more traditional fightan but still has the soul of Shaolin Monks
>MKX tries to go legit and fails

It hurts that we'll never see Shaolin Monks HD or any continuation while Boon keeps trying to force esports.

I don't know

There are some wild stories about Midway out there, and I can't wait for the documentary, though it's probably about a year out.

I wouldn't blame Boon for that; I imagine most of his output is managing the team, face work, handing the animators stick figure drawings for new finishing moves, and re-recording different permutations of "get over here."

tfw never play motor kombat with your friends

i want esports to leave for good, i don't think it's really done anything to benefit any video game it's been associated with

youtube.com/watch?v=6QRmcZQPFQA
youtube.com/watch?v=7W8TtWZUSMM
youtube.com/watch?v=-XTunThG-OA
youtube.com/watch?v=rFZ85R_eNuY
youtube.com/watch?v=1CsALvT1PpA
youtube.com/watch?v=ZrX_PjD6UKY

C'mon desu senpai, your better than this

the old PS2 games were actually really fun, Armageddon is still my favorite game in the series aside from Trilog then X

eSports is fine, but MK was never meant for it. Even in its early arcade days it was a spectacle to be enjoyed for over-the-top gore and violence, not a true test of skills and reflexes.

eSports can have their Crapcom and Arksys shit, but MK needs to stop trying to fit in.

the fgc was way cooler when it was a grassroots thing

>Played DA relentlessly when it came out
>Beat Arcade with every character
>Beat Konquest
>Got all Krypt items
>That extra goodies the creators put in because why not
>"This week on Cooking with Scorpion"
>Learn later that everyone hates it
>Cry myself to sleep that night.