I just got my new PC up and running. WHat games have I been missing out on all these years...

I just got my new PC up and running. WHat games have I been missing out on all these years? What would Cred Forums recommend I get?

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/kX8mD8
store.steampowered.com/app/529390/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Only old games are good

MechCommander.

Duh. I'm new, not stupid.

Seriously there's literally no reason to play anything AAA released the latest years. That's why there's no reason to buy one of the latest consoles either, this issue isn't only limited to PC, in fact consoles are even worse because there's no backwards compatibility or pirating

¡nothing!
for real though I haven't heard of a major PC release since... uhh... Crysis, I guess?

>build fancy new expensive computer
>now what should I play!
>just a bunch if old shit that could run in a toaster

Pcfats everyone

total conversion overhaul diablo 2 mods, get a 3dFX glide plugin for 60+ fps 3d mode with non stretched full screen

keep your salt in the kitchen, and make me a sandwich, bitch

Obduction

>'I just bought / made a (videogame platform) with zero idea of what games I wanted to play on it'

I just assume these threads are bait of some kind at this point.

if you want to tax your CPU but don't want to install dorf fortress again maybe try factorio
dragons dogma got a pc port this year, its good
overwatch is the new tf2 and there are a few clones that are free if you don't have the money
emulation keeps on getting better slowly so you can probably replay any ps2 game you remember or never got to play
literally try anything on steam and play it for 1 hour 30 minutes if its shit refund it if its gud keep playing

Why would I be salty about the fact that pcfags have no games except for outdated pieces of shit?

*10 thousand PC exclusives that were never ever on consoles+ all the mods that heavily add and change replay value
fixed 4 (you)

>buy fancy new expensive console
>now what should I play!
>nothing because you can't run old games in new consoles
wew!

honey select

make ur mom
post her card

mod New Vegas till you can fry an egg on your PC

The Last of Us

>computer
>video game platform

I have a 1070 and an i5 6600k with 16 GB's of ram and a 1080p monitor.

Recommend me a game to play and I'll post my FPS results back. I have a feeling that my rig isn't performing at it's highest and I'm not sure if i should be getting 100+ fps in most games.

On average I'll get something like 70fps on any game maxed out but I've been looking into 144hz monitors and I see no point if my rig can't get 144fps.

nah

he said games

The Order: 1886

Meerca Chase II

Literally nothing, chances are you already played all those multiplats.

I'm not tech sav, but I think you're right about your comp not running at the frames it should.

why don't you try Dying Light

undertale

it's actually one of the only good games released in the past years

What games would I be better off not getting on my PC?

games that are not available on PC

Xcom 2

Something is way wrong with your PC. It's like you bought a Skyline and set the rev limiter to 5000.

Yeah, I'm actually starting to regret spending 1300 on a brand new PC for gaming. I mean there's fucking nothing to play on it. I should have just gotten a PS4, but hindsight is 20/20.

There's fucking nothing to play on a PS4 either you retard, there's even less than on PC actually because you can't play old games on it

He was being facetious user, calm the fuck down

no fuck you

calm down bro

>WHat games have I been missing out on all these years?

Indies and 10 year old MOBAs. Go crazy.

pcpartpicker.com/list/kX8mD8

What's the best game that I can run Cred Forums ?

I know the GPU is potato but it was cheap and filled my needs for now (Dolphin emulation)

Indie games, mmos, 3 mobas. That's it, Cred Forums tricked you

Are you implying all indie games are bad?

Dragon's Dogma
Metro LL
Fallout New Vegas
Deus Ex games
Dishonored
Killing Floor 2
Max Payne 3
Total War games
Dying Light
Bioshock 1&2+Minerva's Den remastered
Grim Dawn
Rise of Nations
Witcher 3
Mad Max
GTA V

Fallout 4
Overwatch
Quantum Break
Watch Dogs
Most indie shit

>That GPU
>MemeITX

there's no reason to buy anything better

I don't even have a GPU in my new PC with my skylake cpu

Nothing wrong with MemeITX and I know the GPU is pretty potato

Dragon's Dogma

Yeah. Thousands of shit tier games and their shitty waifu mods.

Idk what you are talking about I have plenty of new games to play so that I dont have to play old dated games.

>plenty of new games
lmao like what

Idk anything with in the past year or two? My point is I am not stuck having to play game from fucking 2002

Well yeah sure if you're going to name any game no matter how bad it is then sure you have stuff to play, but it's shit, both on consoles and PC, if quantity instead of quality is going to be your argument then PC has got you beaten already

It is about quality though. You want some specific examples? Bloodbourne and the Destiny expanison that just came out

2 games nice

Robot Unicorn Attack

>It's the daily Ruggarrell shitposting thread

actually nevermind it's just a 2015 game and an expansion to a shitty multiplat

Well name something better on pc then

I said there's nothing good that is new on either platform, fucking nigger, you have a couple games like bloodborne and the witcher 3 and undertale and stuff but 2 or 3 games don't justify the purchase of a top tier computer or the latest console

The only difference is that if you buy a computer you can still play the older games, while if you buy a PS4/xbone you're practically setting your money on fire

>he doesn't know

>get GTX 1070, i7 6700k build
>get 1440p 144hz monitor with 1ms response time
>enjoy Overwatch and nothing else
>fighting game playerbases are all dead on PC
>no good PC exclusive action games, jrpgs and fighting games
>literally no one on Steam plays all the "millions of PC exclusives that consoles don't have" that faggots brag about
>games do look better but not enough for them to be called amazing, and those demanding games usually have boring gameplay anyway
>best PC games are shit anyone can play on anything (Half Life, TF2, Overwatch)

High end PCs are a meme. I feel the same as when my bought my Vita. High expectations but pretty disappointed. Consoles are shit in terms of hardware but

>Consoles have the best fighting games and playerbases (King of Fighters 14, Sm4sh, Central Fiction)
>Consoles have the best platformer (SMM)
>Consoles currently have the best rpgs and best action games (Bayonetta 2, Wonderful 101, Bloodborne, Disgaea 5, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, etc.) Later on there will be exclusives like Last Guardian and Death Stranding, even more notable games that PC will miss and petition for.

Good thing I'm not poor like all of you and can actually afford to play anything I like. Get a job.

>get GTX 1070, i7 6700k build
>get 1440p 144hz monitor with 1ms response time
Nobody forced you to spend so much money.
>enjoy Overwatch and nothing else
>fighting game playerbases are all dead on PC
>no good PC exclusive action games, jrpgs and fighting games
That's why you do research BEFORE spending your money, to know if the platform has games that you're going to like.
>those demanding games usually have boring gameplay anyway
Happens with almost every AAA game, see Uncharted, Ass creed, etc
>best PC games are shit anyone can play on anything
That's a good thing

>Consoles have the best fighting games and playerbases (Sm4sh)
kek
>Consoles have the best platformer (SMM)
It's the only remarkable one that I can remember, it may be the best but I think it's the only, you can find a lot more on PC.

>Good thing I'm not poor like all of you and can actually afford to play anything I like. Get a job.
This sentence makes it sound a lot like a bait post but I think you're actually this retarded

Team Fortress 2
Buy Skyrim Legendary edition and wait for Skyrim Remaster and start modding it to hell
Go to a hentai game general and download shit there

ISRAEL simulator:
store.steampowered.com/app/529390/

Some old stuff:
Half life 1 & 2
Warcraft 3
Command and conquer red alert 2
Brood war
Thief series
Hitman series
Deus ex
Doom
X-com
Team fortress
Counter strike
System shock 1 & 2
Unreal
Unreal tournament
Quake 1+2
Painkiller
Blood
Marathon
Postal 2

Some new stuff:
Legend of grimrock 1+2
Civilization 5
Sins of a solar empire
Squad
Insurgency
Project reality
Battlerite
Portal
Crysis
Chivalry
Mount and blade
The talos principle
Serious Sam series
Amnesia
Penumbra
Pathalogic
The void
Freedom planet
EYE divine cybermancy
Lisa
Undertale
Killing floor 2
Endless legend
Supreme commander
Remember to ignore all fags who say "PC has no games." They're clowns who don't play enough games and only see value in them if some marketing campaign told them they should.

Tbh I have a PC and consoles. Its a bit dated now, but it has held up really well. And its nice being able to go back and play all sorts of older games, and games that might be multi-platform but are better on pc, such as witcher 3, bethesda games, battlefield. And since I have a console I still get to play console games if I feel like it.

Total Whorehammer

Forza Horizon 3

No

Endless Legend
Cities Skyline.

Fallout and Fallout 2. I also recommend Fallout Tactics, FOnline: Reloaded, and Fallout: New Vegas.

Battlefleet Gothic armada
XCom 2

highly recommend ftl, its a strategy spaceship manager that relies on random generation. expect to die alot starting out but its still fun

Redout

I seriously can't wait for this game to go on sale, it looks really good

Arma 3+Apex

I bought doom a couple days ago and it's the first game I've really enjoyed playing in a long time.

Not something to binge a whole day on though

Doom 4
Syndrome

It would be pretty helpful if OP told us what kind of games he liked

Budget Cut
Raw Data
Vanishing Realm

DOOM
XCOM 2
Total War games
Emulators
Pretty much any first person stuff you haven't played yet, FP is much better with mouse + kb.

Looking forward Ghost of a Tale and Planet Coaster.

>Yeah. Thousands of shit tier games and their shitty waifu mods.
I am a pcuck and I agree with this.

Elite Dangerous.

>kek
You lost your argument right there.

Stasis.
Invisible Inc.
Satellite Reign.

Download ps2 and gab/day emulators and get on steam, good games you may have missed like deadly premonition or new vegas are great

Gba/DS*

Dead by Daylight
Heart of Iron IV
Divinity Original Sin II
SMASH+GRAB

>good games you may have missed like deadly premonition
HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHA

From 2016, I'd say new Doom and xcom 2? Pretty much the only two demanding game worth anything unless i'm forgotting something.

he mentions Sm4sh as if it was a good fighting game
kek is the only right answer to that

And why would you only recommed demanding games?

Soma

Dwarf Fortress

xenoblade chronicles

Mechwarrior Online

How about you tell us which genres you like

Is xcom 2 really that demanding? I was thinking about getting it, but my pc is a little older now so Im not sure.

Haydee
Aragami

Op is upgrading, if it s not demanding he can play it already.

Path of Exile
Tempest
Wasteland 2
That's stupid. He could still play a huge game with just medium or low setting. That's one of the point of PC gaming.

When it was released it was really poorly optimized dunno about now.

>EDF!
>EDF!

the STALKER games are pretty amazing imo.
Factorio's fun if you have friends.
Give Dwarf Fortress a couple hours then say fuck it cause that shit is way too complex. Elite Dangerous is fucking amazing. Stardew Valley just got a big update. Civ V is still really fun. Cities Skylines, the Truck Sim games, Brawlhalla, Pillars of Eternity.

You could also try modded old games:
Skyrim with fucktons of mods and ENB and shit, GTA V Redux mod is amazing and makes the game feel a lot different, Fallout NV with fuck tons of mods.

Very rare I see someone else here who plays. Whats your rankings?

I could never play Factorio in MP, that shit is my solitary autism sanctuary

RimWorld.

>download snes9x
>download epsxe
>download dolphin
>download pcsx2
>download visualboy advance
>download ice by scottrice
>download roms

Play all the console games you wished you had played. [/spoiler] I've been doing 80% this for the last 4 years and I'm not even close

Desert of Karak.