What went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind
youtu.be/TFp5PPSTiDc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>we want the amnesia audience
>makes a story befitting a walking simulator

You can't transfer consciousness

Not enough puzzles. Not enough enemy encounters.

Good story though.

Too much walking sim not enough horror.

Story is really fucking stretching it, a toaster has enough processing power to simulate a human brain but a super computer takes 30 seconds to access a door?

Magic gel that knows exactly how to wire up to anything. Puzzles were trash, I could go on forever.

In soma if you didnt leave the old copies alive the effect would be exactly the same as transferring consciousness.

Not much. It's an engaging walking simulator with good atmosphere

>not a good game (if one at all)
>walking simulator a la amnesia
>boring story/plot whose ending you can see a miles away
>people somehow still don't fucking understand what happened at the end even though it's simple as fuck

No, it isn't. Doesn't work like that at all. You fucking stupid? How fucking retarded can you be? How do idiots like you still not fucking get it?

And how would killing yourself suddenly move your perspective to the new body instead of just ending it?

Pewdiebait.

be edgy fedora unabel to play gratest game... bloodborne.

nothing
horror game veterans are intent on calling it shit and not scary but I felt it was quite the contrary, especially if we're talking about something like the abyssal section

>the effect would be exactly the same as transferring consciousness.
But that's wrong
The copy might just be a philosophical zombie

I've never played Bloodborne, not sure what you're getting at.

Nothing went wrong. The horror elements were sparingly but appropriately used, the atmosphere throughout was on point, the length of the game was comfortable and the overall story was enjoyable.

You go to sleep every night and you wake up just fine, but what if your body was perfectly copied and old body was killed. You would have 0 way to know.
And in Soma you can "go to sleep" and wake up and be exactly the same person and continue your 1 continuous existance.
Thats what "effectively transfer consciousness" means.

Here's your (you)

that you came here to shitpost

Sleep isn't oblivion, retard. Most people just don't remember it the next morning.

You seem to confusing 'other people would have 0 way to know' and 'original you would be too dead to notice' for genuine preservation of perspective.

>not spooky
>story had a lot of potential but had poor execution
It was essentially Bioshock as a walking simulator

Its about what the consciousness feels and thinks. If it thinks it always was alive and not copied ever, then it does.
Anything else is meaningless and besides the point.

He's a triggered autist

It's meaningless for the new copy

For the old one it's kind of a big deal, wouldn't you think

That's great for the copied you and everybody you know, but the fact my current existence ceased to exist and has been replaced by an identical copy which I no longer am in possession of is the dealbreaker.
All life is 'meaningless' but at least my original consciousness can still be alive.

It thought it was posing far more difficult philosophical problems than it actually was.

Which made it seem like it thought it was more clever than it actually was. It felt like the entire set up of the game was to pose this one fucking conundrum and it could have been set anywhere and achieved the same results.

The AI that had gone wrong became something of an after thought, again thanks to forcing the central idea to the fore-front.

I thought the story in Machine for Pigs was more subtle and better conveyed even if the game itself was a linear roller-coaster and lesser because of it.

Why are you pretending to understand how consciousness works?

Not really, its just a biomechanical vessel. In the end if you didnt like it dont go to sleep. You're not you when you wake up. "You" dies every night.

Can someone remind me what purpose the wau had for not wanting the ark to launch?

But I dream lucid

Can't protect those brainscans if they're in spess

Basically mass effect reapers then.

I didn't like the monster stuff at all.

I might replay it with that mod that disablæes it.

nothing went wrong

thoroughly enjoyed it

need more games set in the deep sea

that mod only makes it scarier since you still get to endure the monsters breathing down your neck every step of the way

I think you're giving the WAU too much credit. It wasn't planning far ahead enough to have the monsters try to stop Simon and Catherine, it was just them fighting for their survival.

WAU simply revived and kept alive every living thing it could
It's not evil per se, it just didn't have a definition of what's alive and when someone/something needs to die

I did a second run through just to take my time in the monster areas and its really fucking weird, it gives the areas a completely different feel. These horrible twisted broken forms just shuffling around the deep sea for the rest of time.

Maybe if the monster's AI wasn't absolutely stupid the game would be a little scarier. All you had to do is stare into a dark corner (at least for the robot one).

yeah, exactly; that's why simon 1 is butthurt when he dies of brainitis, simon 2 either wakes up a few days post-game and freaks out or is euthanized, and simon 3 is stuck in the launch chair alone in the dark until his batteries run down or his suit fails

What went right you mean? Pretty much everything other than monsters attacking you. They were just annoying. Also destroying WAU doomed "humanity" even more. Had he continued things would've turned out good. Being stuck on the ARK is hell, and no good thing.

It was another " DUDE WHAT IF MACHINES HAD SOULS LMAO" story instead of the spooky alien abduction game it was first advertized as

>He believes human beings have souls and advanced enough A.I.'s would lack them
Literally nothing to support this fact.

>spooky alien abduction game it was first advertized as
what

everyone thought it was going to be an SCP-type game

Define "soul"

If that was true it would be literally impossible to die as the time between any sate of yourself would feel instantaneous creating an infinite universe in which it is impossible to die.

that thing gingers don't have

I stopped playing when you have to find something while avoiding that guy who teleports and kills you
Felt too tedious.
But i was enjoying the story

Yeah, If it was possible to store a mind into a permanent storare and acces that mind later.

Both Amnesia, Justine and Soma had well written stories. Written by the same guy. He wrote ont witter how he didn't care about "spoilers" for movies, because he wants to know if he cares about stories and characters in movies instead. That explains why you don't find a "twist" in Soma. it's not about that.

>makes a story befitting a walking simulator
Amnesia IS a walking simulator with puzzles. Just like Soma. The problem with Amnesia is that it can only work once. Recreating the same experience is impossible.

One can argue than FG doesn't put enough effort into their gameplay. Even after the success that was Amnesia, they deciced to entirely put their faith in their storytelling. Being so dependent on your writing is dangerous.

Dear fucking lord. No wonder people didn't like it. I forgot that people were this retarded.

Y'all mother fuckers seriously don't get that the entire point of the game is that "consciousness" is a meaningless concept? There is no continuity to your consciousness. You are a STATE MACHINE. Stop letting your monkey fucking ego think there'd be any difference in continuity of consciousness between you and an identical copy.

diver has good AI

I liked it for one playthrough but the story wasn't the best.

Too many people expected Amnesia and this is a different game. I think it's nearly flawless

Too many people played who think that because they are smart enough to know what happened, that they are smart enough to see "problems" with the plot, when in reality they're just too fucking stupid to understand the point of what happened.

battlestation thread? lol

Sleeping is not comparable, at all.

Sleeping doesn't make a new copy or reset your consciousness, it's merely a state of mind when your consciousness is altered and your senses are inhibited.

A copy, no matter how close to the original, is still a copy and an enitrely separate entity disconnected from the original.

Nothing, it is a great game.

So you wouldn't mind if I killed you and got a plastic surgery to look like you?

>but what if your body was perfectly copied and old body was killed
Sucks to be the old me, that's for sure.

Your "original" is just as much of a separate entity from what it was 10 seconds ago. You're just too much of a monkey-brained moron to realize that continuity is meaningless to the experience of consciousness.

Would a 1 to 1 copy of my original brain data be stored and usable somewhere?

It sisn't consider the ark to be a viable solution of preserving mankind.

It was right. Ark is just a memento that will persih after a few hundreds of years with no way of rebuilding anything. It's a dead end.

WAU created Simon #2, the perfect mockingbird, the ideal combination of man and machine that ats like an almost fully functional human

It could make more perfect mockingbirds like that. They all could repopulate the Earth, loko for survivors, and if there was no survivors, they could make a whole new civilization of mockinbirds that would be just like real humans.

If you destroyed WAU you are a short sighted fool.

It's quite simple. When i sleep i still have the experience of waking up. However in Simon 2's case he has the experience of being stuck in a room while simon 3 runs around, and then with 4 with ARK simon.

>You're just too much of a monkey-brained moron to realize that continuity is meaningless to the experience of consciousness.
And what evidence do you have to back that up?

We know next to nothing about how consciousness work. What we do know however is that a copy is just a copy and in no way connected to the original. Consciousness is not some divine power that jumps from body to body.

They lost all of my goodwill with that fuck awful commie propaganda, Machine for Pigs. I'm glad I didn't waste money on SOMA.

>1 to 1 copy
Entirely abstract concept that does not and can not exist in reality.

Copy is a copy.

Jesus fucking christ, the game is centered around the fact that this ISN'T TRUE. It even points you to this very fact right at the ending!

Frictional games made amnesia; dark descent and SOMA
Chinese room made Machine for pigs.

Eh. The ARK has solar panels and could exist for an indefinite amount of time IIRC. And the experience of time inside it occurs at a greater rate.

Sure it's a simulation, but why does that mean that the "life" inside is any less meaningful? It's possible that our own universe is a simulation, but I don't think our value decreases in any way if that's the case.

Thats why I said "if". They on purpose create drama for dramas sake.

Mark Sarag pls go.

Shouldn't you be eating cyanide right now?

>Eh. The ARK has solar panels and could exist for an indefinite amount of time IIRC.
It's going to corrode eventually. No object can work forever.

>Sure it's a simulation, but why does that mean that the "life" inside is any less meaningful? It's possible that our own universe is a simulation, but I don't think our value decreases in any way if that's the case.
That's not the point. The point is it's not sustainable. It's like your idea of preserving humanity is an infertile couple.

No, in the ending both the old you and the ARK copied you stay alive, it clearly points you to the fact that your consciousness DOES NOT get transferred and that you're doomed to die at the bottom of the ocean while your copy happily lives on. The game only shifts your perspective to fit both the narrative and the point that the game is trying to make.

wow u guyz r so deep...

just play the fucking game. if you get it you get it if you don't you don't

It doesn't NEED divine power. Your consciousness doesn't fucking EXIST in the way you think of it. Souls don't exist, get over it. This is exactly what I'm talking about with people too fucking dumb to understand the point of the story and thinking it's a flaw with the plot.

The state of your mind does, problem is if you dont turn it off so you get 2 states of minds that immediately diverge.

now put yourself in a place of "an old copy"

Oh I get it now. This dumbass either thinks conciousness is unexplainable or overly simplistic. Take a chill pill dumbass

take your medicine, anons

Ingame the people in the lab were pretty happy about being old copies when they were being copied to the arc.

Your nerve cells have a connection map.

That is your "conciousness"

It can be copied. Not now of course but it's possible

You are welcome

Not if Simon "2" is extinguished though. But really that is missing the point. There is no Simon '2.' There is only different diverging versions of simon housed in different hardware. You are not your hardware. Your consciousness does not require the same set of atoms (we don't keep them) and it does not require uninterrupted function (unless you think people who've gotten knocked out have "died" and there's just a copy of the original running around now)

>Your consciousness doesn't fucking EXIST in the way you think of it.
You are right, it doesn't exist as a palpable object or anything like that.

But it is a state unique to each and every individual.

>Souls don't exist, get over it
No shit, I never said they did.

>This is exactly what I'm talking about with people too fucking dumb to understand the point of the story and thinking it's a flaw with the plot.
What are you even talking about? I never said anything about flaws in the plot.

I know the Chinese Room made Machine for Pigs, but let's not pretend Frictional just gave them the license and said "here, do whatever the fuck you want" with zero oversight.

I dont believe you can ever copy it perfectly like in fiction, you actually need to document each molecules spot and state perfectly which may as well be impossible due to laws of physics.

wrong, its not that simple

but that's flawed, the continuity is false

you're wrong. stop overthinking this

Nothing. The atmosphere of SOMA is amazing.

>It can be copied. Not now of course but it's possible
Perfect copies don't exist. You can make it 99.9% similiar, but "perfect" is abstract.

So it's not you. Merely a copy indistinguishable by our standards.

It depends on the contracts, if you pay them x amount while they fullfull y requirements while having full creative freedom otherwise they can insert their political opinions that frictional has no input on.

>in the year two-thousand-and-sixteen people still can't understand basic identity philosophy even after playing an entire game based upon it

oh my god shut up

this thread is full of wannabe profound retards

this, so much this

>implying I'm wrong
It's true and you know it. Reality is not exact science, there is no such thing as "perfect" or "the same".

Wrong, it IS that 'simple.' There is zero reason to think otherwise beyond defending the fragility of your ego from the reality of our existence as biological state machines.

There's a lot left to be understood about why our brains perceive consciousness the way they do, but claiming we are more than the set of logic circuits that drive our every action is idiotic mysticism.

It's a fucking walking simulator, there's nothing to go right.

A much better question for the thread: why the fuck would a space gun be put to the deepest part of the base, when logically shooting something to space would be preferably as close to the surface as possible to optimize the energy needed for launch?

>logic
>profound
That's your own words, no one called themselves "profound". Maybe you are just dumb?

what are you even talking about? jesus christ you sound like some street preacher

conciousness is the flow of neurotransmitters and signals across the network you described. knowing the structure, even saving the structure wouldn't allow conciousness. you need the transmissions

>any game that doesnt have a primary, sidearm, and knife is a walking simulator

You're not wrong from a technical level, you're just a fucking retard for thinking that's important or relevant. Our brains don't copy *themselves* perfectly either, but we're still the same consciousness. Exactly as an electronic copy would be exactly the same consciousness (that would of course diverge).

But its dumb in soma, simon should have started cloning himself, perfected the artificial life the wau was trying to create. And the reboot humanity as bionicles

the water supports the acceleration tube that is many kilometers long. You obviously wouldnt be able to build similar structure in air.
Not that its likely this structure would work realistically,

You're so fucking dumb holy shit

Is there combat? No? Then it's a fucking walking simulator.

>inb4 environmental puzzles

Still a walking simulator.

Space guns were developed as a cheap alternative to rockets.

There was probably many of them on the surface and they simply could afford to have another one there.

>conciousness is the flow of neurotransmitters and signals across the network you described. knowing the structure, even saving the structure wouldn't allow conciousness. you need the transmissions

That's like saying "a program isn't just code, it's sending electrons through circuits on a computer to run the code" Sure there is some technical truth in it, but it's meaningless pedantry

>Our brains don't copy *themselves* perfectly either, but we're still the same consciousness.
Our brains don't copy themselves at all, your brain never goes off.

I fail to see how thats a problem. The strongest point of the game is the story, experienced by going through various areas, discussion, logs, etc.

just prove my point whydontcha
you should play the game before making absurd claims like that

No, walking simulator requires no failure states. Combat is not an inherent part of videogames

dont worry, he just needs to take his risperdal. there's no convincing him

The handful of miles down to the base is a paltry difference to the total energy required to launch something into orbit anyway. I don't know what advantage there would be for building deeper, but I don't think the elevation difference matters very much if you're already advanced enough to have a space gun in the first place.

I literally played the first 3 hours of it then refunded it cause it was shit. Nice try though.

once again, just prove my point
i like you user

Dosnt that mean that you are just talking out youre ass? Why should we listen to you now?

Nothing, SOMA was an exceptional game

>games need to be combat simulators to not be walking simulators

Still fun.

Why would you need to listen to me? Nothing I said has been invalidated, the game is still a walking sim.

One section should have had simon - 2 as the monster , chasing around simon - 3.Shouting about you not him and how he's trying to save Catherine from the monster (you) as he slowly goes more and more bonkers and feral.

Your brain replaces atoms all the time. Neurons die all the time.

> your brain never goes off.

Tel that to anyone whose ever been knocked out.

I know it's painful to cast aside the illusion that your consciousness is somehow a unique experience, but come on man. It's like people making up heaven to avoid confronting death. Embrace the meaninglessness of your existence.

Dunno? There isn't more if it? I really really like it.

Big monster just annoyingly stays close to you where you're stuck with just fucking going to it just to get to anywhere else. The stupid thing TELEPORTS to you if you attempt to sneak behind it. You lose all sense of fear when you're forced to confront it and realize it doesn't kill you.

>game has no gameplay depth besides walking from point a to point b and picking up shit
>"but it's not a walking sim, I swear lol!"

Guy with pics hasproved you wrong twice now. And yet you claim youre argument still has integraty.

>you're not killing monsters therefore it has no gameplay LOL

>Tel that to anyone whose ever been knocked out.
Unconsciousness is state where you lack the ability to be aware of yourself and your surroundings, not your brain going off.

Don't act like an idiot, if your brain ever goes off you die.

> know it's painful to cast aside the illusion that your consciousness is somehow a unique experience, but come on man. It's like people making up heaven to avoid confronting death. Embrace the meaninglessness of your existence.
It is an experience unqiue to every individual no matter how you look at it. Whenever it's meaningless or not is a whole different matter.

>platformers are walking simulators
>puzzle games are walking simulators

>the game is a walking sim
And? It still tells a great story.

>the only depth a game can have is combat

>he plays video games for the story

>he reads books for the story
Fucking faggots, I read for the bookread.

Its doesnt teleport, its emits an emp-like signal that basically shut you down for a few seconds.

SEQUEL WHEN

user one day you'll grow up. Games are entertainement. A good story is entertaining.

I never got caught. I thought I would get a game over if he caught me. My heart was pumping so hard every time they stomped by and I hauled ass, waited and snuck anxiously just to not run into them.

Maybe that's why I enjoyed the game so much.

read books for the story, i play GAMES for the GAMEplay.

I got killed by the one in the boat.

Is there any game where everyone lives in a computer hosted society while real world is in a state of dystopia?
Would be amazing.

the developers forgot how to handle their story. All they thought is GUISE LETS MAEK PENYUMBRA 9 and the fucked up gamplay with it

Games arent one dimensional. But hey, thats your choice user, you have the right to not like walking sim.

This.

It would have made the game go from good to great with a segment to really drive home the continuity concept. Maybe then the retards would understand the ending.

>there is no combat in SOMA
But there is. It's one sided but and avoidable, but there's combat.

>read books for the story
kek, fucking faggot

>i play GAMES for the GAMEplay
I read BOOKS for the BOOKread.

Just as I watch MOVIES for the MOVIEwatch, listen to MUSIC for the MUSIClisten, and call you a FAGGOT for FAGGOTcall.

When you get knocked out from a traumatic brain impact, that is your brain rebooting. It might not lose all power through its circuits, but the actual experience of consciousness is absolutely turned off, the same as if your rebooted a virtual OS in software.

Your consciousness is not unique in the sense that its not fundamentally different from any other logic circuit. You have merely evolved to conflate your hardware with your software.

Thanks for the keks guys but its not even worth it to argue with "no combat = not a game" posters.

>It's one sided

the enemy hurting you isn't combat, moron.

Story before gameplay.

I wish I could do that but inevitably when I play horror games I suicide into the monsters. Once I do that and I'm familiar with the "worst that can happen" it becomes a lot less scary.

>hidng and creating distractions isnt part of an encounter
Go play CoD or somehting

>implying this wasn't the second best game of 2015

That wouldn't exactly work since the monsters were not truly humans, they were heavily corrupted machines with some organic parts. Remember there were so many transferred minds still intact and being normal friendly humans, even after several years passed. Simon 2 wouldn't randomly turn into a true monster in that time for no reason.

>storyfags

I bet everyone who liked this game also thought Gone Homo was a good game too, you fucking fags lol.

W3>undertale>soma

>When you get knocked out from a traumatic brain impact, that is your brain rebooting.
No, your brain is very much active during the whole event. Your consciousness (as is awarness) is not, but your subconsciousness is still up and going.

>Your consciousness is not unique in the sense that its not fundamentally different from any other logic circuit. You have merely evolved to conflate your hardware with your software.
We know very little about how consciousness work exactly. We know a few ways in which it doesn't work for sure, but it's the same as knowing how it works.

dood that's a great idea. Might have been difficult to execute.

The part with Terry Akers was horrifying to me. There's just something really unnerving about enemies who can't see but can hear extremely well. Knowing that he lurks somewhere close, trying not to make even a smallest sound etc. The suspense was killing me.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_mind
Probably my favourite concept

>Witcher 3
Good user

>Undertale
Bad user, no

>everyone must like games like I do
How young are you exacly?

Inside
vs
Soma
?

Why are people questioning WAU's logic? WAU was on a downward trend as its program was becoming corrupt and sloppy. As Catherine said, it became a cancer, just like the rot that occurs in files on your device.

The ARK will become sloppy and corrupt long before it powers down, as well. The bench will show up as a giant red all-caps ERROR and the sky will be a purple and black checkerboard. People on the ark will start obeying Gamebryo physics and acting like when you pull the cartridge out while playing Goldeneye on 64.

>Terry inexplicably teleporting to your location even if you lock him in a room
>if you so much as come near the broken elevator here's there in 5 seconds no matter his relative position
>mfw fumbling around with the elevator panel knowing I have seconds to get it fixed

It was bullshit but I got spooked

Poor writing.

Inside is 2016, but I would say Soma it's better than that too. Inside was too short.

I enjoyed it as an experience more than a game

The existential dread of what "self" and consciousness mean was interesting enough for the few hours I spent with it.

The art and sound design was nice

t. I Didnt read any logs, listen to any audio, explore, etc. If theres one thing this game did well is present the story.

I thought of this when you had to make the ARK work with as little resources as possible. Could you imagine loading into an artificial reality and have to spend your days stuck in your T-pose?

>No, your brain is very much active during the whole event. Your consciousness (as is awarness) is not, but your subconsciousness is still up and going.

No. Dude. You can't just claim that. There is power through the board, there might be some processes running, but the OS is not.

No, we don't. But we know it is all contained by a set of logic gates that individually work predictably. There is zero evidence for, or reason to believe in, some unknown "ghost in the machine" that is more than the sum of the parts. The only reason to believe in such a ghost that requires continuity is to preserve the illusion of your consciousness as a necessarily unique experience. You're just applying religious logic to things "well we don't understand why the universe exists, therefore God."

MEET THE CIVILIAN

ECC registered ark.

I thought gone home was decent, but I liked it less and less the more I thought about it afterwards and realized I'd got bamboozled by cheap "feels" button pushing over an actual interesting plot or environment.

SOMA, on the other hand, actually makes you think and creates real discussion around the concepts it introduces, as evidenced by the discussion in this thread (as retarded as it is)

>tfw you have to destroy a worker robot for the chip inside
>tfw your drone buddy stares at the robot's corpse, beeping like crazy
>tfw drone buddy watches you walk away in disbelief
>tfw you don't see him for the rest of the game

>forget to ability to poop
>spend entire existence feeling like you're being colon-raped by an elephant

>Cred Forums has conflicting understandings and interpretations on how consciousness, identity, how and if either can be transferred, the nature of self awareness and a variety of other topics of an equally philosophical nature
>it's still discussed in shitpost ridden arguments where each side thinks themselves indisputably right and spends the entire time trying to correct and one up eachother

Never change, jk please change Jesus fuck.

>finally fix the elevator
>Terry is patrolling right next to it

>tfw I realized I need to make a run for it and pray I will be able to find the button and close elevator door from inside quick enough before he catches up

"does god exist?" is philosophical in nature.

Doesn't mean that the answer isn't "no" and that people who disagree are simply wrong.

They couldn't decide whether to market to people who actually understood the subject matter or complete idiots. So, the main character had to be dumber than the dumbest gamer so that they could keep up.

"does god exist" can be a scientific question too.
Then you theories that match the availeable data better than others.

>That part when you escape down the drainage pipe
>"ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHRRHH"

Didn't even look back. Nimble motherfucker

everything is subjective forever

the monsters weren't very scary, the scariest part was the psychological aspect but maybe that's what they wanted

>Fall asleep
>Get copied in another room
>Original body dies
>Wake up in another room

>Somehow this isn't the same you

>what is perspective

nothing
i liked it

Not relevant to the topic.

Quite the opposite.

Irellavent, as perspective is constantly changing anyway. A perfect copy is a perfect copy, only changes over time with experiance can actually make it diffrent.

>A perfect copy is a perfect copy
Therei is no such thing as "perfect copy" and there never will be. "Perfect" is an abstract concept.

I didn't like how the main character kept freaking out about the difference between transferring and copying.
I couldn't relate to the guy halfway through because he lacked any common sense and ignored what was explained to him.

Nothing. It's better than systemshock.

>Doesn't understand that the new you is a separate entity with an identical blueprint

Think of your car. I have a car that is an exact copy. Same on-board computer, chassis, engine, etc. It's just an additional copy that was manufactured. If someone smashes your car with a wrecking ball, and my copy continues to function, do you still have a car? Do you pay for gas and maintenance as I travel in mine because it "is your car?"

Take a shower and get a clue normie, you can't transfer, only copy.

He didn't lack common sense, he was simply in the first stage of grief.

Why are you guys taking all this bait, holy shit.

How could he be in denial through the ENTIRE game? This shit was explained to him multiple times, come on.

Dear lord you're fucking retarded. A car is hardware. Consciousness is process of running software.

Entire game is a few hours. You would freak the fuck if you were in his shoes.

>copy&paste
>not cut&paste

Cut and paste actually removes the original copy if you're doing it from a different computer to a pen and such. The more you know!

We do it all the time with software fool

>not cut&reformat

The game left me with a void since I played it this summer. Any similar games I should play? Dem feels man.

If you're doing it on the same computer you're just changing where the pointer that says where the data is is located.

The Matrix vidya games

Duck that, i would colne myself and rebuild the world

Wouldn't be fun but I wouldn't ignore whats been laid out in front of me, also the game length is subjective, was definitely longer than a few hours for me. Keep making assumptions though, bye.

The ending we got should have been only the 2nd Act finale.

'Real' Simon (deep pressure suit zombie Simon) wandering back up the higher levels and seeing some consequences to all his (your) choices, before a dismal / hopeful (depending on player choices and interpretation) absurdist 'life is always incomprehensible' aesop for the real ending.

and/or

'Fake' Simon (in the Ark) discovering he was actually WAUs trojan horse to carry a WAU kernel into the simulation and take it over, and the TRUE horror that produces as the world of the Ark fills with and becomes a cyber-eldritch abomination of maximized human simulations, running into and over each other. Again possibly with a potentially-hopeful absurdist twist at the end, if Simon is successful through the gameplay of this section (the eldritch abomination mega-composite-person Ark starting to possibly adapt to its new existence).

Actually ending where they did, how they did, was just an anticlimax. It didn't do enough with the setting, it just regurgitated basic philosophical questions without actually giving any of the possible answers - not even multiple-choice, which should be the whole point of philosophical videogames. It wasn't cowardice, and I don't want to call it laziness, I think Frictional just didn't really know what they were doing making such an intensely philosophical interactive work.

So Melanin?

>he actually believes each and every copied file is a perfect copy
It's merely indistinguishable. The reality is not exact science.

Yeah, that's why I specified

>How could he be in denial through the ENTIRE game?
The game is not thatl ong and the situation he is is is beyond shitty.

He goes into anger after the Ark is launched, then straight into depression when Catherine overloads.

>Wouldn't be fun but I wouldn't ignore whats been laid out in front of me
You would keep making excuses and thinking that maybe it doesn't work like that after all.

>inb4 no I wouldn't
You would, it's a natural defense mechanism, it's no different from mechanisms like "fight or flight" response.

We know ourselves only to the extend that we have been tested.

If it is posted as scientific, then we need a definition for "god" before the question can be worked on. The problem is most can't agree on the definition

Im just parroting youtu.be/TFp5PPSTiDc anyway. Watch that if you want.

I could see how some of those options might have been good, but I don't think they were necessary. I think leaving things so open ended perfectly fit their vision. You're right that they left you questions, but that allows the audience to explore the answers and possibilities themselves.

Like introducing the WAU to the ARK would undermine the discussion of "was the ark worthwhile at all? Or just a temporary memento forestalling extinction?"