Easy is too easy

>easy is too easy
>hard is too hard
>no medium difficulty option

Your options now are Stop playing, be a pussy and play easy, or Git Gud.

just git gud you fucking loser

implying some people just cant get gudders and that they play games for mild entertainment not full on engagement

I somehow completed viewtiful joe on adult mode, somehow I feel empty.

_______________________Git Gud_______________________

EASY?

>easy to easy
>hard is just right

>Easy is autopilot
>Medium requires no brain
>Hard is piss easy
>Very hard/nightmare is just a chore with hp sponges.

Bloody devs

>normal is too hard
>hard is impossible
>you don't know very hard exists

If you want to "enjoy" your game then you would be perfectly fine with pussy bitch easy mode.

>Easy isn't an option, you don't play easy.
>Normal obviously isn't hard but it's too easy to be a middle grounds.
>Hard is hard but it's hard in a bad way e.g. unbalanced garbage requiring exploits to win.

>Hard just means you're restricted in your playstyle lest you endure the grindfest

>have to unlock hardest mode

>Hard
>"the way the game was meant to be played!"

then why isn't it Normal

>eazy
>EAZY

>game gives you bonuses on your birthday which makes it easier to play

>hard is too hard
>lunatic unlocks after hard
>lunatic+ unlocks after lunatic

>have to unlock easy mode by beating hard

>Enemies attack one at a time

first guy thinks that his gun is a melee weapon, amazing

>normal is actually easier than easy mode
Reminder that Half-Life 2 did this.

>hard is actually easy and easy is actually hard

>harder difficulty makes the AI spam grenades infinitely

how is this allowed

>game has a variety of different voice dubs

>easy - for beginners
>normal - for people who've played this genre before
>hard - the way it's meant to be played
>nightmare - very hard

Why do some devs to this? Why is normal not considered "the way it's meant to be played"?

try being better at video games you bitch

>easy is too easy
>medium is bullet sponge enemies
>hard is even spongier enemies
>1999 mode is every enemy takes a gorillion shots and ammo costs an obtuse amount, plus a low ammo count

heart of the reich

if that human disaster can learn japanese, literally everyone can

Because they think that scaling up hp without changing anything else means "hard".
Fucking retarded devs

>the starter weapon is the best even on the hardest difficulty

>easy is too easy
>hard is too hard, because the AI starts to cheat

Ah yes, the """"""""""stealth"""""""""" Segal thread.

Because most players will not respond to difficulty by getting gud. They'll simply stop playing.

his films were better when he wasn't a fat fuck

>Hard just makes every enemy a tedious bullet/attack sponge

I wish more games would follow the philosophy of developing hard mode first with different mechanics added in and then scaling back for normal/easy

Props to the guy for not blinking

Because there is a stigma to playing on easy, if they change the labels to have hard be the new normal scrubs will bitch that it's too hard and will refuse to play in easy.

>easy
>ai is buttfucking retarded and can't into tactics nor collecting resources
>hard
>ai is still beyond retarded but now has infinite resources and spams OP units early on

This happened in Guitar Hero for me. I started out on Hard and then tried playing easy for a battle mode with my friends and the timing was completely fucked

that's just because you're used to the different timing from hard, not because easy is somehow harder than hard

Usually because of playtesters.

I'm honestly against being able to pick difficulties. I want to play a game as it was intended to be

> ((Strategy)) game
> Medium is too easy because the AI is braindead
> Hard means that the AI will never get bankrupt/suffers attrition to the point where there is no more strategy involved

Hope you all pre ordered HOI IV Marshall edition, silly goyim.

>Game has an unskippable on-rails shooting segment

>Lowering the difficulty causes weapons to become less accurate.
>This also affects the player.

I actually like rail shooting segments, what kills it for me is usually:

* Unskippable long ass cutscene in the beginning that you have to watch every time you fail

* The whole segment being way too long and overstaying its welcome

Some game's hard modes are just to cheap to be even worth playing.

Protip: if more health = difficulty, shit game

To don't scare game reviewers.

>wtf! Why is normal so hard? 2/10, shit game

Think about it for a second. It speaks volumes about the aptitude and expectations of the average consumer.

I always play on the hardest mode. I dont mind dying in one hit or having to come back to content later. What I hate the most is:
hardest difficult needs to be unlocked
Hardest difficulty has new rules (everyone dies in one hit. You only have one life per save)
And most of all I hate:
Hardest difficulty is expected to be played on NG+ with all your unlocks fully upgraded or whatever the game expects

>exiting the bubble in Crysis and manning a humvee turret as the convoy makes a mad dash down the mountain road with ayy lmaos flying around all over the place
it's over right quick but I love that part

I fucking despise strategy game AI so much, because the majority of them are doing exactly that. Even command and conquer was less ballsy, they AI had the same income as you. If you had no income, the AI wouldnt have any income either and couldnt build anything.

>Pick easy
>Game is piss easy

Please post more steven seagal

>game lets you customize the difficulty through modifiers

it aint me im just whiteknighting OP

To be fair it must be hard as fuck to make truly challenging AI in strategy games. More so than in other genres.

For real, people spent forever making computers that are good at games like Chess or Go, strategy video games regardless of their quality generally have a lot more going on at any given moment. Especially RTS, how do you make an AI that actually plays with the Fog of War instead of cheating and then being appropriately dumbed down?

Grand knight history

well thinking of AI behavior as some function (obviously a complex one, but that's beside the point) where you feed it information and it outputs actions, it doesn't seem like an issue to restrict the information you input to stuff the AI currently has vision to

What's your favorite Stevenkino, Cred Forums?

>Easy is too easy
>Normal is too easy
>Hard and very hard have to be unlocked, one by one
>they're both too easy

Depends on the game. Clearly if the game is simpler it's easier to do proper AI, but it also has to have a clear metagame for the AI to be programed for.

Personaly I think the Company of Heroes series has probably the best AI in RTS. Good enough for me to be perfectly happy playing offline only, but I think that's only possible because there's pretty much no economy that you have control of and the units are structured in a very simple system of roles and counters.
Other than that it's not difficult to scrip certain behaviours like the AI putting turrets in strategic places or them putting a damaged vehicle near your engineers expecting you to repair it, for example.

Even then, I'm pretty sure the AI has a bit more resources than you in expert difficulty. Only when I reached that level I realized why some people complained about air strike spam and what not.

Even then, I'm sure if you go online you'll find differences in the metagame that would probably make the AI useless or exploitable.

>have to unlock hard mode in a series/genre you're perfecly comfortable with
>turns out it was good because normal mode is about as hard as other games' hard mode

Kingdom Heart:Re coded has a really nice system that let you multiply ennemy's strength by a factor, and this factor is used to multiply the xp or items you earn. And you can change it at will during the game.

Best difficulty setting

Actually it's not that difficult. An AI using the fog of war isn't a problem.

Build Scout -> Scout sets a waypoint on every spawn location of the enemy base -> if it can't find it, zig zag and uncover fog. If found, circle base for information and juke hostiles. If scout is dead, rinse and repeat.

Go and Chess are entirely different since they're not real time and the importance of early moves impacting late game is massive and complex. Especially Go is actually impossible to calculate and the only true AI that google has made for Go uses patterns instead of calculating the 2531th move in advance.

There are coding challenges and games that ya'll should be doing that have multiplayer RTS with inbuilt programmable bots that you can fight against each other.

Bastion does this, you can activate various gods' shrines in the temple that give enemies additional abilities and increase your experience or whatever. Enemies shoot thorns on death, enemies sometimes deflect attacks, etc.

Fucking Dragon's Dogma

>Not playing on the hardest difficulty until you can't go back to ANY difficulty lest it be too easy
I'd love to say this, and can say this for most genres. Then there's the 4X category of games which kick my ass anytime I wander into the highest or second highest difficulty. Also those bullet hell games. DDR takes the cake though, my fucking fingers can't do jackshit on those.

>The way the game is meant to be played!
>Enemies becomes damage sponges

I put it on easy every game that gives me the option. But I am really into dark souls. I think if you shouldn't be given the choice because obviously I will pick the easy way if it is an option. I used to be a try hard but I am in my early 20s so I can't be arsed with games that can't do difficulty well so just give you different difficulty levels.

>I think if you shouldn't be given the choice because obviously I will pick the easy way if it is an option
why is that obvious? If you actually do want to play a challenging game, why do you need the dev to save you from yourself by not offering a mode for casuals?

Life doesn't have a difficultly why should a game. Super Mario Bros didn't have difficulty.

Except the only games I know that do what says is the halo games and the halo games actually makes the AI better as you go up in difficulty.

there are lots of things games have that life doesn't user