No radar, no shield, BR and pistol only

No radar, no shield, BR and pistol only

Couldn't have just said Team Swat?

No teams either

While swat can be fun, I hate that some people treat it as the only "real" mode

Normally, people who said SWAT was their favorite game mode, didn't really like Halo for it's core gameplay (duh). While i fucking loved swat, I treated it as "training" for actual team slayer.

Who does that and why do you communicate with such vile beasts?

Might as well just play CS at that point.

DMRs are more satisfying in swat than BRs

Satisfying meaning OHK?

In my experience it was always those damn annoying kids "1v1 me swat bro true test of skill"
For me my favorite map was blood gulch with all vehicles on pc. Multiple tanks, rocket hogs, ghosts, banshees, the works

It's not the only real mode but it is the best mode

I miss one bomb halo 2lan parties though

Pistol-only swat is best

Shields are necessary for Halo, but radar is cancer and has ruined Halo. It has always needed to go.

This tbqph. Halo without recharging shields isn't Halo.

Swat is ok, I hate BR swat in Halo 5 tho, Swatnums and DMRSwat is way better, and all other gamemodes are more fun

Bullshit

nah boy

let's play some bullfight or fat kid

The way I see it the true test of skill is team slayer, 1v1s are retarded in halo, especially in swat. Dumbs the game down to even lower standards than call of duty. CTF in a big map with vehicles and all that can be really good, but at the same time it seems a little too complicated to me. Team slayer has a lot less in the way of asymmetry, but that's exactly what makes it seem more engaging. Keep in mind I'm not looking down on vehicles at all. Team slayer just appeals to my intellect a little more. Not many games where you can do anything that feels as good as manning the gun on a warthog.

Radar just encourages people to play like pussies. 9/10 of my non-BTB games involves me and my team in one room and the other team in the other. We both know where we're at because of radar and just chuck grenades back and forth while doing nothing until one guy gets bored, runs out, and suicides into the other team. Radar is incredibly boring to play with.

fixed it in halo 5

just dont sprint or boost and they'll never know

That's... I don't even have words for that, I've never seen anyone be scared to move around in Halo because of the radar, specially when most people realise you're on their radar too late to do anything

Also see

Those people really just wanted to play counterstrike.

They migrated hard to call of duty.

You show up on radar same as any other Halo, only difference is that Camo hides you.

>I've never seen anyone be scared to move around in Halo because of the radar
You must have never played anyone trying really hard to win.

Not him, but good people didn't panic because of radar, it just made them use more teamwork in their approach.

you will literally never show up on radar unless you sprint, boost, or shoot your gun, if you want to be really sure they won't see you on the radar just crouch

You show up on radar when walking normally. Watch literally any gameplay footage.

It made them crouch walk everywhere because they didn't want to be seen. Radar only makes camping and overall bitchy play more viable.

No, it didn't.

You are grossly overexaggerating this.

We played competitive halo and what you describe never happened. Prioritized setups, spotting, and coordinated approach were priority for both teams. People were seen often well before you got within radar range and that was completely fine because of team coordination.

Competitive Halo never had radar on for Halo 5.

I'm not talking about halo 5.

Also, you can go watch match vids. People didn't play halo the way you describe. They certainly don't play halo 5 that way.

It wasn't as bad in the old games when radar didn't show that players were above/below you, but it still promotes slow gameplay where you wait for a red dot to show up. This is just a fact.

REEEEEEEE FUCK OFF MLG KSI BR ONLY FAGS ARE CANCER

I LITTERALLY JUST GOT TRIGGERED AFTER NOT HEARING THIS SHIT FOR A DECADE

FUCK OFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Anyone who was just waiting for red dots to show up were awful at halo.

Literally a drag on the team.

Not if the whole team was doing it. Coincidentally, every non-5 online Halo game played in a mode with radar didn't respawn weapons while someone was holding the old one. So someone could just horde Rockets while they hide in a corner.

A player horsing rockets and camping is fucking terrible. You stand a higher chance of killing yourself and any competent player will have you at a disadvantage because players camping and hiding are not doing effective space control.

Again, you rarely, if ever, found entire teams doing this.

Dude, I've been playing with Arcano Cyrus for the past few months, I know how a competitive match is like

Halo 5 competitive is exactly what he said, coordinated approach and dominance of movement is Top Priority for any decent player

>that guy who would grab rockets and banshee on ascension
>ruins your day

Or even worse
>that guy who grabs rockets on ascension
>superjumps to an unreachable spot
>his teammate ruins your day with the banshee

>BR only
huehue

>not playing shotty snipers

pleb

Wow an actually decent halo thread, I thought those were only myths.

Superjamping antics were the best

>jump up to that one building on headlong with the sniper
>literally be unkillable

Protip: smgs did surprising damage to banshees.

One player could easily panic a banshee away. A second player and you should be able to kill it.

Same way smg and plasma rifle dual combo did surprising damage to wraiths.

You could single a wraith with that if you can approach it from the sides or back.

Likewise Pro-Jumps as they call 'em in Halo 5 are key to the game, in Truth (midship remake) you can take the flag from one base to another in less than 10 secs

>tfw I was an mlg ksi BR fag
You won't 1v1 me on midship though

>midship
>not 1v1'ing me on Sanctuary
fucking pleb

You mean skilljumps, just as in more complicated crouchjumps that also use thrust and hover and shit, or is it something else?

Yeah, Skilljumps is the same, it's just that early in the game's life people used the term "Pro Jump" in the Waypoint forums and I ended up using it