TES 6

What would make this game PERFECT (not just good)

what would you like to see implemented/reimplemented ?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.bethsoft
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Essentially Skyrim 2.0 where you as the Dragonborn rally all the nord armies and start cleaving through Elf and Empire fucking shits

Roleplaying

how about you are NOT the dragonborn, or other mystical being that gets famous and OP by just clicking start new game ?

If they use a new fucking engine my god it's CURRENT YEAR

>What would make this game PERFECT
Bethesda not touching it and letting a better studio develop it instead. While we're at it, though, it might as well cure cancer and bring the dead back to life.

If they could mush togeather;

Skyrim's combat,
Oblivion's story telling,
Morrowind's depth,

and make it work, then we could have something special.

I have a feeling that TES VI is going to be a re-skinned fallout 4 though, a decent game but a bad rpg.

>Skyrim's combat,

nice b8

>what would you like to see implemented/reimplemented
an actually decent combat system and a new engine

Comfy map

Easy mod support with a fan base as dedicated as the skyrim scene.

Elders scrolls mount and blade style

Well what would you propose?

I'm not overly fond of any of the series combat but Skyrim's feels better than the rest. They won't go for Morrowinds RnG shitshow and Oblivion's combat is just a worse version of Skyrim's. Short of creating a new combat system (which they won't because they'll spend all their time creating the world) Bethesda will just use what was popular, Skyrim.

It's not what I want but it's what we're most likely gonna get.

Good combat, with actual impact and weight to it. Satisfactory animations and enjoyable and deep mechanics.
That would make me pretty happy

This and viable usable magic would make me cum buckets

Give me good spellcasting pls

Playing a spellsword or any type of mage in V made me want to kill myself.

You're the Nerevarine, a couple years after saving Vvanderfell you feel without purpose, being ridiculously powerful compared to any of your peers. Feeling sad and lonely you start smoking Skooma in exaggerated amounts, which leads to you one day seeing a vision of the new Sheogorath, the Champion of Cyrodiil who sends you into the future. There, you must recruit the Dragonborn's aid to put an end to Sheogorath's shenanigans and find a way back home to your mushroom house

>"It's not what I want but it's what we're most likely gonna get."

While I commend you for being a realist regarding Bethesda's lazy game design, you're still completely illiterate for not reading what the OP was asking.

What could the game actually DO for you to make it perfect? Yes, saying, "Let someone else make it," is perfectly fine.

>Story and guilds like Morrowind
>Quests like some of Oblivion (not all quests were great, but the great ones were the best in the series)
>Better world building
>More in depth lore if you care to look for it (books, etc.)
>Better engine
>Improved combat

Being a mage in Skyrim is suffering
Whenever I played I pretty much ran as a stealth mage with quiet casting and heavy use of illusion magic while also using any other spell that could be of use. The fact that magic doesn't scale meant that I was pretty much fucked whenever I wanted to try Dawnguard or reached a moderately high level, since my spells would stop working

Seriously, fuck whoever had such an horrible idea

Out of curiosity, has anyone here tried ESO?
Since it's the newest thing they had released in the TES universe it might be helpful to gauge what we could realistically expect from a TESVI.
How is the combat there in comparison to Skyrim, both melee, ranged and magical?

Morrowind/Skyrimkids would go crazy. Remember how butthurt kids who started with Morrowind were that Martin was the chosen one, basically, because they expected to be the special snowflake like the Nerevarine was, even though Dag and Arena never had you being a snowflake either?

New engine. New combat. The leveling, class system, and character creation (updated obviously) from Oblivion that made the game feel like an actual rpg. Interesting quests and story line that keeps the player engaged. Allow spells to be used while sword and shield are equipped (like in Oblivion). More factions and guilds. Make the scenery and landscapes diverse.

It's an MMO so the combat is nowhere near what we're going to get in VI.

It's also made by Zenimax not Bethesda.

>Valenwood, Summerset Isles, Elsweyr
>Entirely new engine
>Better physics for combat
>Extensive dialogue options and improved writing
>Conversations that aren't awkward and stilted because of poor animations

Actual roleplaying elements. Better writing. Better combat. More diverse world than Skyrim had.

About 10 elaborate guilds with long, multiplotted questlines (like Morrowind had)
Removal of level scaling
Return of attributes
Return of spellcrafting and old spells
Combat could be improved by adding dodges, at least it should not be composed of trading damage
All npc need to be killable
Perk trees need to be removed or completely revised
Skills like speechcraft and pickpocjeting need to matter (as in being able to shortcut quests)
Crafting skills need a strong nerf
Quest branching would be nice (Skyrim barely has any, a thief should be able to outwit possible fights compared to a warrior orc)
An interesting main quest could be fun too (not slumbering evil awakes, yo uhero, go kill stuff, save world)

desu fampai

one thing that would make it one step closer to "Perfection" are better death animations and ragdoll physics,and to a lesser extent,facial animations

everything is just too stiff in Skyrim

Bethesda is as popular as they are ever going to get, and they have no major competition.
They need to stop making lame games. They could make amazing games out of the elder scrolls.

>Focus on roleplaying, have character progression but avoid RNG shit like morrowind
>Make Factions and allegiances matter, feel free to lock palyers out from content
>have a dynamic and complex world, have stuff happen without the player's involvement.
>fill that world with varied character and stories, less "find my X in Y dungeon"
>have a main quest that is actually interesting and takes advantage of the lore.
>have mechanics that teach us about how the world works and make us of the setting
>take advantage of the sandbox style RPG. let us fail quests and let non quest related action affect questlines

I don't want to spend all day debugging mods to make the game more interesting

no pls no

Don't ask how I know but SPOILER

Shields will be their own separate thing and will no longer be "heavy shield" or "light shield".

just let it die. bethesda only pisses me off when they try to make games

>It's also made by Zenimax not Bethesda.
Oh, damn, you're right. I didn't notice. Nevermind, then

What could we realistically expect from a sixth entry, though?

What does that even mean

That your choices affected the world

Are you retarded? In oblivion and skyrim you had "light shields" and "heavy shields".
Now it's just "shields". They don't constitute to heavy OR light armor in tes6

Absolutely starting the game as a nobody, where being passive or active out of the gate are both reasonable options, like Morrowind, instead of:

>Hmm, The Emperor himself has walked into my cell, all but invited me on an adventure, and with his last dying breath, entrusts me with a task who's completion may very well effect the entire Empire, if not the world. Totally reasonable to just fuck off to some backwater town and punch rats.

>Hmm, FUCKING DRAGONS are real. I think Ill just forget all about that and go become a petty thief.

Yeah, no.

Also, no more allegedly selective institutions letting you in at the drop of a hat.

>someone starts an ES6 thread
>they always use a shitty photoshopped skyrim logo/font for the thread

Since Beth will never turn back to the niche audience of the old, they should at least spice up the new direction they are taking.

I for one would like to see co-op mode. I don't mean any fancy co-op challenges, I just mean ability to play with a buddy.

I just select multiplayer, then select my save, and then give the IP to my buddy. Buddy then joins with one of his saved characters. My character and save would be the base. And only his character stats, appearance and inventory would be carried over to the co-op mode. Host would be the regular player, while the co-op partner would essentially be human controlled follower. If the co-op mode is ended, the non-host could get to choose if any changes to his character in this session will be saved to the old save or not.

*shrugs*

ES VI has already been released and zenimax did a way better job than the hacks at bethesda

>finding skyrim's combat acceptable in any way

As someone that considers Oblivion the worst of the "modern" TES games, that part of Oblivion was honestly preferable; I would love it if more games weren't so contrived in revolving around the protagonist and trying to suck the player's self-inserted dick.

I want 10 majorly different endings. No idea how feasible that is in technical terms but I fucking want it.

But you were the chosen one from the beginning.
You were the one that appeared in Uriel Septim's dreams, Martin was just the only son of the Emperor that didn't got killed.
I don't understand why in the current year people still perpetuate the meme that you're a nobody in Oblivion.

Where's it say "VI" on there famalamadingdong

>combat
Before you start talking about "weight" and "Physics" and shit, what you should want them to fix is some basic form of game implemented. I.e some way to actually see a challenge before you and be able to mitigate damage in some way, something which has an impact on the battle itself. Because as it currently stands it's just an awful spam left click while trading hits with the opponent. It's so rudimentary it might as well be like a turnbased RPG except the hitrate is 100%. It's terrible.

So tld;dr , first they need to get some basic game into it where you can mitigate some damage. A dodge, parry, block, anything.
Enemies getting staggered by your attacks wouldn't hurt either.

One approach that Bethsalts have not tried for an opening is to not have any Main Quest hooks at all at the beginning.

You are just released from prison for whatever reason and you are left to your devices. Once you gain some levels and make a repurtation for yourself, then the Main Quest start. Either the quest starter sends a letter to you or shit starts going south in the world with monsters starting to attack shit and what not or smth like that.

>Focus on roleplaying, have character progression but avoid RNG shit like morrowind
RNG shit can be fun if it is not just thrown in there with zero thought. Also, RPG's really miss out on the entire Roleplaying part. Don't mistake my point here now. I mean that the NPC's should not just be Mobs with names. They should have goals and personalities and they should be pursuing them. Easier said than done, indeed. Look at Crusader Kings 2. There are over 10,000 characters simultanously existing in the world and each and every one of them is playing Game of Thrones with every one else.

So, next TES should at least introduce some form of NPC agency. Even if it is a little bit. In Skyrim we got the hunters roaming the forests, family members taking over the bussinesses of their passed away relatives. TES 6 should take it a baby step further at least.

Different developers. Ones that don't monumentally fuck everything up and have to have the modding community fix their bullshit mistakes.

Bug testing so the game isn't unplayable trash on release. More than 2 voice actors, pretty hard to become immersed in a world when everyone has the same voice.

So much more stuff but basically Bethesda is garbage. They ship unfinished products and cut a lot of corners.

No you retard, the Emperor had visions of his death. And, guess what, you were standing right there when he gets his throat slit. He foresaw that event, so of course he knew your face. The difference between the Mary Sue of Morrowind and the Hero of Kvatch is that Oblivion guy's role could be filled by anyone who was willing to work hard. You were just lucky in that you were in the right place at the right time.

Magic with the spell variety and depth of Morrowind/Oblivion, but the casting style of Skyrim. Melee combat and movement akin to Dark Messiah.

Two competing guilds for each archetype that you must choose between (i.e. Dark Brotherhood or Penitus Oculatus), and you can only become the big cheese of one guild (which you could still turn down to just be a high-ranking member). Requiring actual levels in skills relevant to the guild to level up.

Dungeons with puzzles like in the Dragonborn DLC, that aren't all the same throughout every dungeon. More lethal traps, and more ways for a thief character to disarm/manipulate said traps to their favor. Add in some some pitch black dungeons. Optional hardcore mode requiring food, drink, and sleep.

Bring back attributes and classes, but don't allow putting points into attributes while leveling up. They represent your base character, and skills are all that you can level up. Use perks still, but cut out all perks that are like "10% more one handed damage" and only have things that offer something new and/or unique, like new combat techniques, access to higher level gear, or increased efficiency. Bring back athletics, acrobatics, and unarmed.

bring back equipment durability, but make it degrade fairly slow unless it is low-level gear so the main threat to it is magic that damages armor

He literally gives you the most important object in the whole game after meeting you 5 minutes ago.
He has two of his most thrusted bodyguards of the order that's in charge of protecting and safeguarding the royla bloodline and he instead chooses to give the amulet to you.
Not to mention that the amulet is a relic of Akatosh, meaning that only chosen ones by him can move it.

You're as much of a chosen one as Skyrim or any other game, that's also the reason why you appeared in an cell that was off-limith without anyone knowing why.

>"They cannot understand why I trust you. They've not seen what I've seen. How can I explain?"
>"My dreams grant me no opinions of success. Their compass ventures not beyond the doors of death. But in your face, I behold the sun's companion."

Morrowind was much more subtle than this.

Good characters.
Followers with character. They can effect outcome of quests depending on their race/personality/skills. Improve the the follower upgrade system from FO4 and actually add quest depending on companion affection that will improve said follower if done.

I think that first they would need to get some basic thing into the overall combat first.
I don't just mean Melee, I mean Magic and Stealth too.

For example, give enemies strengths and weaknesses. Currently the "Weakness to Element" spells, poisons and enchantments and "Resist Element" spells, potions and enchantments are totally pointless. Well except that odd time when you meet an atronach.

Basically give enemies one certain bonus and some kind of weakness one can counter the enemy with. Currently if you encounter a Draugr King boss as a stealth char or a mage in a small room, you are fucked. Only way to survive is to cheese the mechanics and the AI.

Do I sense an Oblivion youngfag here?

>he uses followers
>not relying on your own skills and character to succeed

Literally whats wrong with RPGs

The nonsensical skill system should be reduced to five skills: melee, healing, magic, stealth, archery. Why don't I get better with a 2h weapon when I use a 1h sword? It's illogical.

Maybe perks like Fallout 4 instead of 1-100 skill progression.

More essential characters, even side quest related NPC's should be essential IMO, losing a quest because of a dead character SUCKS, and there is no resurrect command on Xbox

Epic armor design for cosplay options

Stronghold building like Fallout 4

A voiced protagonist and more cutscenes instead of just standing and talking to people. I want to live in the world.

>What would make this game PERFECT (not just good)

For the fans to make it. Not Todd, not Beth.

This game has 0 chance of being good, its ESO all over again.

>Quests like Oblivion
>better combact
>a new engine

Better Quests, Combat, Engine

>A voiced protagonist and more cutscenes instead of just standing and talking to people. I want to live in the world.

Todd get the fuck out of here before we fucking hang you.

Something akin to ESO's combat.

>CLASSES
Classes are literally the most retarded feature for a game like Elder Scrolls.

They make the player choose into what skills one is constrained to from the beginning of the game. This is literally the dumbest shit in existence. Classes need to serve a purpose, but for Elder Scrolls they have no purpose at all. I can see how the concept of "classes" could benefit DnD. There you form a fucking party out of different classes. In a decent party there are people who together can do all the needed things that might be required in an adventure. But in TES, if you choose a class, you just exclude things that you can do.

Chose to be a warrior? Haha, fucker, now you can't open any of the locked treasure chests. Chose to be a mage? Haha, sucker, now you will forever run at the speed at which normal characters walk.

>Bu-bu-but one can still increase those skills if they are not class specific skills.
What is the point of classes if you choose to use certain skills at the beginning and in the end still pick and choose what you actually need. Kinda defeats the whole purpose.

Nudity and sex built into the game, stock.

And loli/shota official dlc.

Competent writing and gameplay targeted at RPG players instead of Ameriderp soccer moms who take off the dishwashing gloves and grab the controller to have fun.

Of course it will never happen because Skyrim was a huge hit and people will cough up another 60 bucks for its """remaster""".

Good animations, combat and enemies
VR mode (or even build from the ground for vr)

How were Oblivion quests different?

I want something done with RACES. I'm so sick of "its just a human body with a different head".

Give them fucking perks and traits that make me wanna pick them over humans, and don't make a humongous map just to say it is open world gameplay.

Give me handcrafted dungeons, even if there aren't as many, i'd like to explore the themepark that someone created instead of just exploring the same randomized set pieces over and over again

Don't make a big playground with nothing to do is what i ask for

>the casting style of Skyrim
What the actual fuck? Oblivion's casting was the best, having a dedicated spell button made battlemage builds viable.

>He has two of his most thrusted bodyguards
That old perv

A K A V I R
K
A
V
I
R

It's entirely more fun to specialize in a suite of skills and be rewarded with greatness from those skills than to just mindlessly do everything. That's for idiots who can't get creative with the skillset they chose, and just bitch. Why couldn't a warrior smash a chest open, but get less loot for it? Why couldn't a mage just cast a fortify speed on self spell? You can always make multiple characters, and in fact should. Otherwise you're a retard.

Oblivion quests are the best in the series, not filled with fetchquests and the solutions to quests problem being "go kill these draugr in a cave". Oblivion's main story was excellently written too.

>I'm not overly fond of any of the series combat but Skyrim's feels better than the rest.

Skyrim combat is literally the same as Oblivion's but with better archery mechanics. People who say its combat is the "best" in the series aren't really saying much.

ESO is basically the best MMO on the market right now.

It's by no means a good game, but it's essentially Skyrim online with a few extra features.
The one thing it actually does well is character builds. It uses a mixture of selecting a class at creation and having a bunch of skills anyone can learn (like all Elder Scrolls games). You have a lot of freedom with your build and your initial class choice does not restrict how you'll play the game (just adds more options).
Likewise, there isn't just a gear set per tier per class. Everyone can use all gear, and regardless of your build there is going to be 5-10 sets of gear that are good for you (just in different ways).

It's still a MMO and subject to dull ass content, but it actually tries to break away from the standard theme park design MMOs use these days and actually gives players a bit of freedom of choice.

The next Elder Scrolls game could learn a thing or two from it.

A more open-ended engine with better modding tools for modders to do more with.

It makes casting boring and too easy for anyone to do. It's one of the worst parts of Oblivion. Magic shouldn't be easy to just splash in for anyone, but should require dedication. The ability to dual-wield spells could allow for interesting combinations if they brought back the weaken spells, and let you start encounters casting more of your buffs right away. Dual casting is a good mechanic for those that want to dedicate themselves to casting one spell hard, and could be really enhanced. It makes magic much more meaningful.

And Oblivion's combat is just morrowind except the devs were too lazy to re-implement flinching for every hit. The combat was floaty and had no weight. Sure Morrowind had misses, but with high enough skill combat felt more reactive than Oblivion or Shitrim combined.

>It's an MMO so the combat is nowhere near what we're going to get in VI.
Combat in ESO is leagues better than Skyrim and will probably be better than VI

I would have preferred Stamina being more necessary for non-magical combat.

>no water combat and enemies except fucking fish
>no knockdowns and disarm without shouts

Dual wielding a spell and dual casting was super dumb and also mechanically tedious. I'm a fan of Oblivion's system with dedicated cast button but as compensation for pure casters staves can boost spells like increasing your destruction spell damage or lowering magicka costs.

Most staves in TES are boring ass shit except memes like Wabbajack.

Oblivion casting style felt like complete shit for pure mage characters.
Skyrim has much more potential, Bethesda was just lazy.

So we're all in agreement then?

TESVI should have:
Oblivion's high-quality style of sidequests and guild quests
A large setting such as Valenwood+Elsweyr+The Sumerset Isles all together, or Akavir, with a related story to the Thalmor/Nerevarine perhaps, it has to be long as well
Combat with the depth of a game like Dark Messiah, or AT LEAST Oblivion/Skyrim combat mods minus the bugginess
Comfy/survival-oriented atmosphere similar to what modded Skyrim achieves
Actual fucking RPG elements (races, classes, birthsigns, maybe even more new ones or just a wider variety of them), along with multiple branching paths during quests depending on your choices, etc

Anything else?

This mod for Morrowind did combat better than literally every other TES game.

forums.bethsoft
.com/topic/1513002-rel-oblivion-like-combat-tweaks-part-of-men-project/

I've never understood why a staff always has its own charges of a boring ass spells instead of improving a player's own spells when equipped.

They do slightly benefit from the relevant skill of the spell (they last longer) but that's it.

>survival

I like it.
A mage casts magic out of himself, not because he cheats everyone with a powerful staff that does everything by itself like a bitch.

at the minute, the combat is pure brute force, you upgrade your strength and then just hammer things with the sword to chip away at the health bard. This is shit.

there needs to be a technical fighting style as well, for example, the sword fighting in Dishonored.

If I'm playing as a thief or assassin, I want to be able to have quick lethal counters and kills if I play it right

You just confirmed what I said - classes are pointless. I think you made yourself appear like a retard here.

As far as I know and have experienced, there is no way that a lack of classes has prevented me from specializing a character.

Also, lockpicking is the most essential skill in the whole TES franchise. Unless you know Unlock spells or have an Unlock scroll, there is no other way to open any lock than with a lockpick. You can juggle nordic war axes while standing on your head, but that lock will still stay locked.

Face it, classes have no place in TES games.

It could be an optional setting but it just makes sense to build something like that into the base game, casuals and normies would eat it up too, they all play early access survival games.

I also like realism and immersion combined with an extra challenge.

Level scaling should be a lot more subtle, the gap between weak and strong enemy types of the same kind shouldn't be huge.

A low level chump shouldn't die to a swing with kitchen knife, and likewise, a high level bandit chief of whatever shouldn't one shot a player with well optimized armor, skills and perks.

And enemy types that are always supposed to be challenging, like the Dragons or giants in Skyrim, should never be trivially easy, even when the player is in top shape.

>smoking skooma

wonder what her butthole smells like

Oscuro's/Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul mods add lock bashing as an alternative for warrior type builds, so that every build doesn't have to spec into Security or Alteration to open locks. It's based on your strength level and the quality of your weapon, and there's a configurable option where you have a chance to destroy the container's contents by bashing the lock.

I agree. In the mods I just mentioned, top tier monsters like named NPC bosses, the highest scaled variants of undead/minotaurs/etc, are always a challenge unless the game is on the trivially easy setting.

Skyrim's system is better for pure mage builds. Oblivion's system doesn't allow for as much variety as Skyrim's does, with flamethrower-type spells, runes, cloaks, and burst spells. All Oblivion has is "ranged projectile" and "melee touch" spells.

I also like Oblivion spell casting.
I would have wished that staves, wands and scepters actually boosted the spells being cast. To top it off, the casting animation for spell should change depending on if something held is boosting it or not. A staff would make an animation where the spell is shot out of the staff.

Also, the idea where anyone can use a staff spells always felt bullshit for me. Like, how in the hell does that make sense? Are they magitech guns?

I hope TES 6 moves in the same direction of FO4 and basically completes the transition from CRPG to Action Adventure game.

I mean really, stats are useless at this point.

I'd say those honors go to Morrowind.

You are useless

They had actual stories instead of miscellaneous radiant objectives to go kill a bunch of draugr and retrieve a ring or something.

The guilds had an actual sense of progression and rising through the ranks, complete with little icons for all the ranks that you could see on your character sheet.

I unironically think the first option would greatly improve the game.

You're forgetting that Oblivion also has Spellmaking like Morrowind (and with the Supreme Magicka mod you can bring back effects like Levitation, Jump amplifiers, among other things), and that you can have spells with multiple effects spread over multiple areas of effect. Oblivion's vanilla spell effects are also much more varied than Skyrim's, the cool flamethrower and rune spells will never make up for that.

Morrowind had good questing too, but only because you had to follow journal directions rather than follow a quest marker. Other than that they were pretty much like Oblivion's but slightly worse at times imo.

You do know that there is a difficulty setting, right? On the hardest setting even a lowly bandit will kill you in a few swings in the beginning

Fuck you todd

Add in a unique world like Morrowind had: unique architecture, politics, food, economy, religion etc.
No more handholding, no arrows for quest markers, just a description in the journal should suffice and forces the PC to interact in the game world by using roads, maps, landmarks instead of following a fucking arrow

Let me be that one asshole; A good engaging combat system.

>A voiced protagonist and more cutscenes instead of just standing and talking to people. I want to live in the world.

Obviously you're fucking around but I actually wish they went this route, Witcher 3 style. The conversations in Bethesda's games are so fucking awkward because they can't animate proper poses for every single environment in the game. Witcher 3's animations are so good because they're single-purposed and always intended for specific locations. Far more "cinematic" and believable.

I agree with you but please stop using that cherrypicked map image.

>Argonians and Kherjit are extinctfuck you furfagz
>Interesting dynamic environment like Morrowind, regardless of where it takes place
>a return to CHIM plot stuff and focus on existence and metaphysics
>more east indian symbology and shit like Morrowind was based on
>Tweaked Skyrim combat so it actually feels more tactical at the least
>extreme difficulty to encourage mastering the combat so you don't expose yourself to attacks that should kill you but in most TES games don't
>a completely new engine not programmed by any existing bethesda programmers
>hell just fucking kick out all of todds highschool friends who are amateur game makers at best
>as much intricate level design and layout as possible with as little procedural generation as possible
>jeremy soule vs. hans zimmer collab for the soundtrack

No it would not be anything like Dark Souls. TES should have a unique feel to it as all the previous games have had.

>It's entirely more fun to specialize in a suite of skills and be rewarded with greatness from those skills than to just mindlessly do everything.
Is it really true that everyone who plays Skyrim just does everything? I stick to defined character concepts.

Besides, classes were always pointless in TES games even when they were there.

I mean really they aren't used a lll that much anymore and if anything hold us back

>wants to counter argument
>post image that shows that skyrim is still linear

>all these posts about how to "fix combat"
They'll just put in moddable dwemer firearms since they got that more or less figured out in F4.

Dialog wheel
Enemies scale with level
Invincible NPCs
Ability to "romance" companions
Settlement building
All quests are radiant, even main story
Hordes of unnamed bandits at every location
Voiced protag
Paid mods
That way we can all enjoy shitposting about how awful it is

Both images are full of shit. Your image's Skyrim example is just as linear as anything on either but with more loading screens.

>Most staves in TES are boring ass shit except memes like Wabbajack.
That has a lot to do with the general problem with magic in Skyrim, which is that it doesn't scale. It's also disappointing that they included a full crafting system for smithing, alchemy, and enchanting, but not one for staff creation (at least until Dragonborn, but it was mostly just an afterthought).

thats an edgy post

>1
That's the point you fucknuggets

Adding on

>as little level scaling as possible
>non-randomized loot
>something like oblivion where you aren't THE chosen one but you are the key to making everything happen
>you can't make EVERYTHING happen. Have shit like if you join fighters guild you can't join mages guild etc. To encourage multiple playthroughs

Set in High Rock
Bring back spears and throwing weapons
Bring back Knightly Orders
Replace perk system with shit like actual meaningful stats and skills
Refine the building a house shit from Skyrim and Morrowind so that you can build a home within a city
Bring back Medium Armor
To advance in a faction you need the appropriate skill levels favored by that faction

Also
>unique quests. I want high profile assassinations and consequences to be seen in the environment.

Go fuck yourself im perfecting TES VI

>You're forgetting that Oblivion also has Spellmaking like Morrowind (and with the Supreme Magicka mod you can bring back effects like Levitation, Jump amplifiers, among other things), and that you can have spells with multiple effects spread over multiple areas of effect.
But all those spells are still just ranged projectile and melee touch. And if you get to include Supreme Magicka in your argument, I get to include Dual-Wield Parrying, which at least lets you block with a spell in one hand.

I find Skyrim's system more satisfying (at least with mods to fix the scaling) because holding spells in your hands feels more like you're actually wielding magic instead of just plopping it out every now and then. It makes magic feel more like a main thing instead of a side thing.

No it isn't. Obviously the image you posted is to make Skyrim look more intricate. If the person who created wanted to show linearity then they would have had them all in a row or chosen a map that could fit into his image without breaking it up like that.

A new engine that is gamebryo free is a must. We need gigantic living cities, not a couple houses.

That kind of lore is one of the worst things about TES.

I would seriously settle just for somewhat competent writing/quests and at least a little bit more in-depth RPG elements.
None of that will happen of course.
But here's hoping there at least won't be radial dialogue since they pretty much admitted nobody liked it (and I hope whoever brought this idea up dies from AIDS).

I agree, but unfortunately Bethesda games sell mostly from their modding communities. There would be an even bigger backlash than the paid mods fiasco if the next TES game couldn't be modded the same way, if at all. I don't think a new engine is worth it at this point.

Making it the main focus would be pretty silly, but it works great as subtext and behind-the-scenes stuff like in Dragonborn or Knight of the Nine.
Just throw a few references, have a few books/diaries that comment on them between the lines and that's enough to keep the lorefags happy and make it accessible to people that don't want none of that shit.

More Kirkbride influences.

>still just ranged projectile and melee touch
That doesn't matter, the point here being that Oblivion has a ton of effects to make each spell different rather than just dealing elemental damage. You can stack weakness to element effects, have knockback or pull-towards-you effects, and so on. You can also tweak Telekinesis spells to be able to either push or pull an NPC when cast on them (left click or right click while the spell effect is on them). Having an extra type of spell delivery is negligible if the actual spell effects are limited as fuck.

The games wouldn't need modding if they weren't shit

Oh and also you can add a Levitation effect on a target to unintentionally make them go up high while chasing you and then they drop to their deaths when the spell wears off. There's also a Blink spell effect but I haven't tested using it on other NPCs yet.

That's literally his whole point.
Adding effects in the game is trivial, even Skyrim can do it, but adding different modes of casting is somehing only Bethesda can do.

implement the follower system from fallout 4, it was the only thing redeemable about that game

Every TES game needs modding, that doesn't make them all shit.

You people keep saying this but is like you're ignoring the fact that most people that played Skyrim have never installed a single mod.
Bethesda games sell because normies like shit as simple as that, some people see their potential as a platform and get into modding but they're a minority.

Survival mode in TESVI.

Whether you agree or disagree, Bethesda keeps making sub-par mods-are-essential games because they have no competition in the genre. They still make the best open world RPGs despite all their faults.

The engine isn't the problem. Bethesda is the problem.

Region is an actual, dynamic warzone with shifting zones of control (not just due to player)
Much more combat oriented, with a proper damage system beyond HP. Magic is a lot harder to master but fucks up anything that isn't magically strong itself when you do master it (could balance this with items that provide magic resistance such as rings or amulets)
You aren't a chosen one, you start off as a bandit whose group is killed in a botched raid and choose to join either or no side in the war
Far more weapon and spell variety

she's has a dick

Don't bring mods into this, man.
But while we are at it. It is far easier to mod classes into Skyrim than it is to mod classes out of Morrowind/Oblivion.

I agree with you.
The thing with stats and gameplay is that the more gameplay there is the less stats can there be.
So, when melee combat eventually becomes decent there is no point in having combat related skills. So, be careful what you wish for.

>instead of just plopping it out every now and then.
But isn't that the entire concept of magic.
However I agree that being able to only choose between Ranged/Touch/Self was pretty lackluster.

>Argonians and Kherjit are extinctfuck you furfagz
they have the potencial for interesting stories. the primative isolationism of the former and the manipulation by the AD by the latter
>Interesting dynamic environment like Morrowind, regardless of where it takes place
Yep, Skyrim tried to have a civil war and dragon apocalpyse but forgot to actually have either happen
You could do interesting things using the Hist and Y'ffre.
>more east indian symbology and shit like Morrowind was based on
that's because the religion of morrowind was based on eastern mysicism, you can't apply it everywhere
>Tweaked Skyrim combat so it actually feels more tactical at the least
not that bothered, I don't play TES for combat, its a shame they base all of the quests around it
>extreme difficulty to encourage mastering the combat so you don't expose yourself to attacks that should kill you but in most TES games don't
see above
>a completely new engine not programmed by any existing bethesda programmers
Enjoy having no mods. This is the stupidest fucking thing I keep seeing.
>hell just fucking kick out all of todds highschool friends who are amateur game makers at best
Bethesda's dev team may not be perfect, but it is their management that is imfamous for being so bad
>as much intricate level design and layout as possible with as little procedural generation as possible
how about dungeons that are interesting, with a vibrant background and history illustrated with style?
>jeremy soule vs. hans zimmer collab for the soundtrack
Are you 14? Jeremy's stuff is stellar on its own, Zimmer would ruin it.

I think they should implement a good game.

The Elder Scrolls
AKAVIR

Hire based Lawrence Schick to work on the lore.

Isn't he still working for KFC, you know as the Colonel.

r/teslore is that way

This

Not using the creation engine would make it perfect.

Get rid of Argonians
Make Khajiit into catgirls and catboys

All elves get the same treatment as Khajiit, every different mer race becomes a unique beastrace.
All deadra show their true animalistic form.
Humans worshiping the 9 beast gods are morphed into their image.

You can fuck off, furfag.

But OP asked how to make the game PERFECT. I simply answered.

Shit son, if you want to become an argonian just take a hist bath

That just makes it perfectly shitty

If we're talking perfect, then I'd say ditch the main quest and focus on making actually interesting radiant sidequests/written sidequests and mount and blade-tier (or beyond) level of faction warfare, along with a smaller scale system for individual guilds and the like. Basically, create a living world that could grow and change on its own, and then add the player and give him the ability to interact with it. Let him play any role he chooses, but in the end give him free reign to tell his own story.

I have to say that I really like the way Enderal went. You can level whatever and some combinations of perks will get you a class bonus (like when you level sneaky tree and dark magic tree you get chance of reanimating stralth kills) but you are not constrained in any way

Skyrim's feel
Oblivion's setting and quests
Morrowind's lore

You are false.
The game will become completely unique and extremely comfy.

You are false.
The game will become completely and utterly shitty.

No, you are false.
I will be the best thing ever.

No, you are false.
You are the worst thing ever.
That game will be the worst game ever.

No, you are false.
I am the best there is.
The game will be remembered as a masterpiece.