This is the only SMT series that matters

This is the only SMT series that matters.

Op is a faggot confirmed

OP, without the mainline persona wouldnt even exist. It would literally just be visual nov-- oh right, thats what you fags play this series for anyway..

Don't take the obvious bait you nogs

>Image has all the persona games
>No if...

Every time.

>Expecting Personafags to know anything

first three = patrician
last three = fapbait

does this mean that with 6 we'll go back to patrician?

Let me fix that for you

Revelations: Persona was trash
Innocent Sin and Eternal Punishment are the only good persona games, prove me wrong, you can't, etc.

Did you play the PSP version? It matters

It might be a sloppy piece of crap, but it can still be fun
It's true that it doesn't stand up to the 2 games though

Now that I think about it I've never played the older version. Is it that much worse?

While we're on the subject of Persona, can someone help me out?

What are those other three games?

Persona before ATLUS went full retard and started pandering to otakus. P3 was alright though

Mark is a nigger in the psx version and it has an "Americanized" translation.

(You)

Black Mark gives me mad uncanny valley for some reason. I had to switch to the PSP version when I decided to play it

>Persona 5
>not better than every single other game
P1: Shit gameplay
P2 duology: Shit gameplay
P3: randomly generated shit, no demons or negotiations
P4: randomly generated shit, no demons or negotiations
P5: good combat, good dungeons, demons and negotiating

The only other one that comes close is if... and it only partially counts as a Persona game.

I agree
t. Personafag who is also a waifufag and a lonely neet

So? Thats not a persona game.

Well you're not wrong.

>precursor to the Persona series, inspired the high school setting
>canon to the Persona games
>protagonist appears in P1 and P2
It's pretty much Persona 0.

P2 combat was too slow for me.

thats all true but it's not a persona game

>Persona
>SMT

Stop this.

also half the game isn't there
at least Revelations still has the good soundtrack

2 is fucking trash. There's zero resource management because SP regens constantly, skills and combination arts are overpowered as fuck and using them gives you stat boosts, and buying new persona is such a fucking grind and hassle that accomplishes nothing because you can handle almost all of it with hand-outs anyway.

Legitimately would have been better as a VN, because fuck that autobattle simulator.

Am I the only person that doesn't get all the hype around SMT? I beat Nocturne, I beat 4 and Apocalypse. I beat Digital Devil Saga 1 and 2. I beat the Raidou games and Strange Journey. And also beat Persona 1-5.

SMT is the same as any other turn-based rpg, you look for enemy weaknesses and just heal when needed. The demon negotiation is lacking in depth and feels random and based on luck most of the time. The SMT games also lack in good characters/stories. They are bland for the sake of being bland. Persona is the spin-off that is more character-driven and actually put some damn entertainment value and personality into these games.

It's still the same turn-based look for weaknesses type shit with references to gods and mythological creatures. So I don't know what's with all the fedora tipping about SMT, it's not really all that different except it's edgier. Persona 5 was also better than recent SMT games which makes this even more confusing.

I actually didn't mind the gameplay in 2 but I found its story to be garbage. Don't know why people praise the story of those games so much

>Persona 5 was also better than recent SMT games
No it wasn't, you stupid cuck

It says Shin Megami Tensei on the box

Fixed your picture.

Nocturne is like the dark souls of the genre.
It's hyped for it's difficulty. It's not actually as hard as people make it out to be, but is probably the most challenge ive had in the genre. So it has that as an appeal. The rest of SMT is pretty meh.

But that's why fans hate persona. It's not meant to be hard, atmosphere, story, characters are the appeal. Etc.
It's like if skyrim was branded as a DS rip off, you know how soulsfags would react. JUST SCREAMING IT'S EASY OR FOR CASUALS. Missing the point of the game like the autists they are.

That being said, Catherine is better than Persona or any SMT. needs a watchyamacallit playhouse sequel.

Why do I keep reading that Persona 3 helped people beat depression?

I don't understand why Persona has this casual stigma to it when it's only 4 that went full piss easy (and Innocent Sin too I suppose, but that's mostly because the combat is just auto-battle city). I would honestly say the difficulty in P3, at least the PS2 versions and not Portable, is about on par with the Digital Devil Saga games and no one has a problem with the latter. Nothing in DDS1 and 2 was harder to me than anything in P3.

No idea. playing a game that mirrored my life with doing the same thing over and over again for an entire year made me really depressed

>Characters and story in Persona
>Good

>wants to talk about ""SMT""
>posts Persona

No idea, Persona 3 is depressing as fuck
Maybe they're just those retards that never realized that MC died?

>includes the spinoff for 2 with whatsherface
>doesn't include P3P FeMC, the superior P3 version

>This is the only SMT series that's shit
FTFY

Eternal Punishment's a direct sequel dingus
It'd be more understandable if you were arguing about The Answer not being there

Nobody in Japan likes 2 and Kaneko has said that the settings should always be high school based because of psychological.

probably the same people that think P4 wasnt shitting all over NEET lifestyles