"Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music...

"Life isn't just about passing on your genes. We can leave behind much more than just DNA. Through speech, music, literature and movies... what we've seen, heard, felt... anger, joy and sorrow... these are the things I will pass on. That's what I live for. We need to pass the torch, and let our children read our messy and sad history by its light. We have all the magic of the digital age to do that with. The human race will probably come to an end some time, and new species may rule over this planet. Earth may not be forever, but we still have the responsibility to leave what traces of life we can. Building the future and keeping the past alive are one and the same thing."

Did you guys actually agree with Snake?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hyDJaMRJupE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yeah, you see that in everyday life.

It's literally how humanity has been living since the beginning, passing on culture, speech, religion, and beliefs.

Yes, it's hard to disagree with his ending monologue. Good words to live by.

Cringe Kojima writing.

>"Life isn't just about passing on your genes.

Is Snake a cuckold?

Yes

>Is Snake a cuckold?

Sterile and has no penis.

>"Life isn't just about passing on your genes.

Lol permavirgin detected

Is it possible to lose respect for a video game character?

Yeah, best speech in the whole game.

>fucking is the same as passing on your genes
I know you were just making a stupid little joke but try using your stupid little brain

cuck

Why didn't we stop it?

Raiden, disregard what I just told you. The most important thing for you to do now is enjoy a mouth watering Egg McMuffin sandwich from the new All Day Breakfast Menu at McDonald's. All of your favorite McDonald's breakfast items now available all day at participating McDonald's restaurants. And Raiden, always remember... I'm Lovin' It.

youtube.com/watch?v=hyDJaMRJupE

The product placement really got in your face after KCE started going down the financial drain

>Through speech, music, literature and movies... what we've seen, heard, felt... anger, joy and sorrow... these are the things I will pass on.

What did he mean by this? Snake didn't pass on anything. At best, he probably only spoke to otacon about these things since they worked together. He was content to let all of his experiences stay classified, unless leaked by Natasha. Snake never wrote books, created films, or expressed himself through art.

By Rising he's remembered personally by perhaps three people - Raiden, Sunny, Otacon.

He's stating the obvious

>"anger, joy and sorrow"
That foreshadowing. Truly, Kojima is a genius.

>Did you say 'nerd'?

Snake got rid of the Patriots war system, that's what he's passing on to the future.

So how did Snake go from some covert agent to philosophizing warrior?

Try playing the games.

How can you even disagree without being some edgy contrarian?

MGS2 was the PERFECT ending to the series.

Fuck I want to see that Jew's face get stomped in.

By taking Gray Fox's advice realizing he was a tool of the government, just like Raiden does in his game.

Clearly, it isn't

He was a mistake, lived a life of war and screwed up any chance he got at living peacefully. In Shadow Moses, he killed most of the people he came across, and started to enjoy the killing. Afterwards, he failed to live with Meryl and took up anti-metal gear missions with Otacon, where again he experienced the thrill of killing. Solidus capitalizes on Snake's name to try and start a revolution against the patriots, and was willing to amass civilian casualties and other evils to do it.
Since Snake has a relatively just mindset, he doesn't want the evils of his person to be passed on, so he limits the contact he has with others. Hell, Otacon was the only one who knew about his plan to kill himself at the cemetery

>that jewish smirk

He's well aware of what he does

>tfw the series was never as thematically philosophical without being retarded past this game

So I'm playing mgs4 again on the boss hard againand man it is hard

MGS 2 is the best one in the series. It did major improvements over MGS 1, while MGS 3 introduced only minimal changes, and the story is one of the best gaming experiences after you play through MGS 1 (PSX version).

Yeah you're right. Perfect endings leave multiple cliffhangers and loose ends including but not limited to:

>ocelot
>liquid
>the patriots
>sunny
>vamp
>metal gear ray

>cliffhangers are a bad thing

yes

Cumulative knowledge, the discovery, passing-down, and refinement of knowledge across generations is one of the unique characteristics of human kind. We probably don't learn enough from past history.

It must be nice having your only goal in life being to get laid. How superficial are you?

The boss's speech near the end of 3 was much worse

Cliffhangers are fine, when they're presented at the end of a series. MGS2 could not have been a perfect ending without resolving most of them.

>tfw kojima turned solid from a wise,optimistic agent to a sad, jaded cunt just because he's not "muh big boss"
>tfw kojima completely ruined MGS2's interesting cliffhanger
MGS4 was a mistake

MGS1
>Most of the characters break free from the mold of their ancestors, showing that genes don't matter

MGS2
>Raiden literally can't stop the Patriots from memeing him into Snake and he doesn't realize the value of passing things on until the end

MGS3
>The international conflict (the "scene") is so much bigger than The Boss and Naked Snake that neither of them can do anything to stop their fight

Why did the series get so negative after the first Solid game?

proverbs 18:8
The words of a talebearer are as wounds, and they go down into the innermost parts of the belly.

He was pushed into making sequels, he never wanted to do any.

Snake was essentially the only person in the entire series who actually passed down The Boss' legacy without distorting it.

MGS2 still ends on an optimistic note though it's obvious that from 2-3, Kojima didn't really want to continue working on the series

>Raiden literally can't stop the Patriots from memeing him into Snake
This was never their real plan, it was a ruse.

what rights does Kojima still haves over the MG IPs?

>listening to The Best is Yet to Come thinking about what happened to the post PS2 MGS series

if was a part of their plan, which was seeing if everyone would play their part given the right context

It was an experiment to see how well they could manipulate the actions of humans.

It was still an important part of the plan because they needed to see if the system worked

So can someone clarify

Are we supposed to take the meaning that memes are basically the ultimate thing? Because MGS2, MGSV and even MG:R would suggest that.

I don't recall them ever deconstructing the importance of memes like they did for genes.

Pretentious garbage from a pretentious series.

Probably nothing

that's exactly what I said

thank god

They're not cliffhangers, they're open endings.

Stop with this nonsense! He was only sterile!

Snake can't even reproduce and he's manlier than most of us.

Yes he is spot on. MGS2 remains the best MGS forever.

I'ts not about creatin content, it's about creating context.

what did she mean by that?

>End of MGS2 is Kojima directly telling the player he fucking loves video games and the experiences players have is a precious, valuable thing
>After MGS2 idiots keep spreading a meme that Kojima is just trolling his audience for no reason with the implication he doesn't respect his audience at all

In the modern world, memes are more important than genes. Any retard can plug a bitch and have kids, but making a contribution to society worthy of being remembered is far more difficult and coveted.

paid mods

That's probably the reason why everyone on here is so insecure about being virgins; they realize that they'll probably never contribute anything else to society so they have to project their frustrations onto everyone else in hopes of others stooping down to their level.

that why old snake is perfect, seen solid snake been wise and optimistic is retarded, especially for a killer like himself.

old snake is one of kojima finest ideas for this series.

snake becaming a jade bitter cunt is perfect, make him more realistic and huma...and he was dying of cancer

MGS3 was a B-team project like MGS Rising, and just like that one they fucked up and had no clue where to go from there, so Kojima was kinda pressed into stepping in and salvaging what they done while redoing the basic idea from scratch. MGS4 was the result of Kojima giving in to death threats.

It's about the setup, not the punchline.

how does MGSV build on the memes theme at all?

Venom Snake is literally a meme.

He's the legend of Big Boss made into a person. He acts exactly as Big Boss's meme (his legend) actually would in the eyes of the world. That's why he does stuff that's uncharacteristicaclly heroic and morally righteous when compared to the real Big Boss, and why you collect "hero points" throughout the game. It's like he's the echo of Big Boss (or his phantom)

V is basically the ultimate proof that memes > genes, because it shows us the perfect Snake clone. Venom Snake is the perfect clone. But he's not a genetic clone, he's memetic.

No, he's sterile AND also a homosexual

Nah people are insecure because they see retards reproducing and can't figure out why they also can't

It's because 90% of the time you need to be a retard to reproduce with the 90% retarded women who want an unthinking cave man

Of course if you can't figure out basic hygiene you are off this scale and that is most likely why you can't fuck despite being a retard

The AI's speech about creating context instead of content got me a girlfriend before

Exactly. He was the one doing right by the world even though it wasn't solely focused and aligned with The Boss's vision.

He went on to become the man Big Boss should be and ended up becoming the legend of Big Boss as a hero when in reality Big Boss was a bitter old man stuck on fighting the winds of revenge against the man who created the unseen heralds of humanity's future until the end of 4.

But then Patriots AI became obsolete and the legacy of the Patriots, Big Boss, and friends became the new cycle for tyranny in the world if you consider MGSR canon.

it's about getting /fit.

how is that cringe? It's just some basic high school level philosophy, but I don't see how it's cringe

If Kojima didn't dream of getting fucked by Big Boss, MGS4's plot would have been about PMCs using the SOP to become the copies of Solid Snake hinted at the end of MGS2.
Snake was the new legendary soldier to have surpassed Big Boss, that was his legacy, but after MGS3, everything started to be about Big Boss again

>Being a literal fedoralord

The internet is a magical place.

You have to keep in mind that Venom isn't entirely a saint though.

In MGS2, Raiden breaks free of his memetic control and embraces his own identity seperate from that of the memes of the patriots and the player.

Venom does literally the opposite, and totally embraces his role as the shadow of Big Boss. Destined to be used and thrown to the side, which is also the opposite of Outer Heaven's founding ideology, which is Big Boss's true "descent into villainy." since he's doing basically the same thing to Venom that the U.S Government did to the Boss.

Venom embraces his memetic control because he's suckered in by Big Boss and the legend itself, much like a lot of players are (The prequel games are literally a result of Big Boss fanboyism). You're led along to do this in the game by being put into the shoes of Big Boss during his prime/legendary era, only to have the "identity" you were sure of stripped away much like Venom. That's supposed to make the player hate Big Boss and turn away from him, in the same way that Raiden does to the player in MGS2, which finally seperates us from Big Boss, V and Snake and brings closure to the series.

>sue to Big Boss fanboyism

Yes, because the time period and the surreal intermixing of old military equipment with science fiction technology had nothing to do with the prequel game's success, right? It was just Big Boss fanboyism.

I want MGS2fags to please leave. You all sound like post Plinket movie reviewers with this shit.

I figured out the code and got laid though. Most guys with intelligence can't ever see the illogical solution

Either you fight harder for the few women that aren't stupid as fuck or you act like a retard and get laid. I did it all through uni, women love it when you are a sullen fucker with a great haircut. It's retarded but there it is

Maybe you could also get laid using this tip! Or maybe not, heh

You mean the success of MGS3 wasn't due to worship of a character who was dead in the games most fans actually played?

the prequel games a really cool, dude. I absolutely understand why people like them, but there was a drive to get Big Boss's story. Which is what I'm getting at.

Quiet loves Venom though, even tho she means nothing, is worthless to him.

>Life isn't just about passing on your genes.

No, that's literally the only purpose. Go take bio 101 again Snake.

>There are people that actually think this is deep

Kojima is sincerely the George Lucas of video games. Why doesn't he just make movies if he keeps reminding us that's what he wants to do?

Spoken like a true cuck.

they literally say:

"She fell in love with the legend"

Slaying drunk pussy in college isn't some sort of feat, user. Drunk people in their early 20's are basically begging to fuck, regardless of gender.

But then again, I'm not too bad looking, so I spent more time trying to make a point that I'm married to shut down advances than I do acting a fool for pussy.

Ohi Quietfag,I haven't seen you in a while

Venom is literally a legend in his own right.

Punished is the only one she met, she didn't meet Naked, she didn't protect him on the battlefield, she only protected Punished, he's the one she fell for.

Well, this board can't shut up about how great FF7 was, and it was basically the same shit stretched out through 3 disks and shittier gameplay.

>muh cynical personal truth
We both know the only type of response you'd accept is one that agrees with and validates your opinion.

Maybe you're not on here enough.

Where's your vape, my good sir?

Red Letter Media isn't even good, hearing Mike do an annoying nasally voice for 2 hours and being a pseudo-intellectual about film-making is about as mentally stimulating as shoving a broomstick up your ass.

Kojima does not like video games, he likes the fact that they enable him to stroke his ego so that he can hire Hollywood actors and have his fanboys continue to fellate him. He's a movie guy above anything else, he even recently said in an interview that if he couldn't make AAA games, he would just make movies instead. Stop spreading this meme that he "fucking loves video game," that one bullshit "leaker" said the same thing, anyone who isn't a retarded fanboy can see that it isn't true.

>my only contribution to the human race will be knocking some chick up: the post
That's sad. You're sad.

Bottom pic makes MGR's "server room" pop into my head.

explain further