Does video game addiction exist? What kind of withdrawal symptoms are there?

Does video game addiction exist? What kind of withdrawal symptoms are there?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wAEfeNLKwd0
youtube.com/watch?v=gtMqBECtIRo
youtube.com/watch?v=bvTTw1jFqhw
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gelatinous_cube
youtu.be/LrezgYfod8I?t=1m57s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is this from an ASMR video?

>That
>Sand

Sand doesn't mold like that.

it's kinetic sand

yeah someone's cheating, there's something more than sand and water in there

maybe for specific MMOs or MOBAs but not for video games in general

it can under the right circumstances(just wet enough being one)

but that is most likely brown sugar the way it still sticks to itself and is moldable like that

and yes there are brown sugars that aren't actually "brown"

yeah, coca cola

this

Yes

You can get addicted to anything.

Does this stuff harden over time? It seems like it'd be fun to sculpt with.

The reason we have endless debates is that we have no agreement on what an addiction is. Is the primary characteristic a loss of control; escalating use; the presence of tolerance and withdrawal; etc? Not even all drug addictions have all those things. And without rigorous definitions, you can't have a scientific inquiry into the question. You may as well try to find out if sexism is a disease, keeping in mind that our understanding of sexism has been very different over the course of, say, 2000 years-- not to mention our conception of disease. How does science determine the biological correlates of something whose definition is applied inconsistently, influenced by prevailing cultural standards? You don't.

Go to sand.isfying on instagram . Google it. They got all kinds of videos like these. theres a twitter too somewhere

>Does video game addiction exist?
Yes.
>What kind of withdrawal symptoms are there?
Not having fun.

Let Satan lay it down to you:
youtube.com/watch?v=wAEfeNLKwd0

Fuck Kinetic Sand's physics are so yummy looking.

Yeah, but it kinda takes a while. It's pretty much like play-doh. As long as you keep it in it's container it'll last a while. It's pretty neat.

copy pasta

Guinea pigs are the cutest rodents.

They're basically the same withdrawal symptoms as having major depression: Lack of interest in life, low energy, unable to enjoy other things.

If you deny yourself your favorite form of recreation then you are going to experience withdrawals until you can either find inner peace or replace your activity with something else.

You can be addicted to literally any action that provides positive feedback.

it exists if you let it exist
of the things I've read online, several symptoms related to video game addiction include:
• thinking about how soon you'll get to play vidya again
• getting agitated when being asked to do something that isn't vidya
• feeling like anything other than vidya isn't worthwhile

Except weed.

When I was 11-14ish I was addicted to WoW.

If I couldn't play I'd get irritable, a little shaky, really on edge. Kinda like having too much caffeine. Not end of the world but definitely noticeable.

>inb4 DUDE
now this is bullshit

That's not exactly true. Addiction implies that there is behavior involved that results in a loss of whatever is considered normal or healthy control over one's own actions.

Peeing and eating food provide positive feedback, but they aren't considered addictive as they are necessary for a human to function "effectively." Having an addiction is rather considered something that hinders the effectiveness of ones daily activity.

Thanks Satan.

Yeah and you'd always think about the game. How you were gonna get x mount or grind x dungeon for an item.

I couldn't get the game out of my head, since there was always a reason to play.

Yeah exactly. There was always more to do, and when you're so invested in it (especially if your friends play) then the time investment seems so negligible. Nowadays when I try and play it or OSRS I end up feeling like the amount of time I'd spend doing something just isn't worth whatever item I'd be doing it for.

Like, I distinctly remember seeing people with that shadow robe in runescape that was transparent and I thought "man that is so cool I can't wait to get that". And now I just couldn't be bothered doing all the shit needed to get something like that.

It's a mental addiction.

if you smoke or ever smoked, the best example I can give is, when you want a cigarrete you don't tell yourself "I need a smoke or I'll be fucking dying", you'd probably tell yourself "Geez, smoking a cigarrete could be really cool right now!"

"Geez I need a smoke"
>1 Hour
"Oh boy, really need that cigarrete"
2 Hours
"Fuck me, I need a smoke!"

>tfw all of this

but all other activites are boring as fuck mate no joke.

Being around people is ok but it's so much more fun to play a good game alone in your PJs while drinking/eating what you want.

brb smoke, i'll read this post in a sec

It's not sand. It's a polymer that has the properties of sand except that it's much stickier.

Here's a version marketed to kids:

>tfw bought a 3 pound bag is that stuff because of that webm
It's pretty nice

>Vat19

I bet that place would be the best to work at. Just a warehouse full of kooky products that they fuck around with and make stupid commercials for.

>the way he pronounces the å
dum amerikanskjävlar reEEEEEE

Anything can be addicting, it's just mental addiction and not physical addiction.

i would sculpt an ass out of this
what happanes if it get mixed with semen?

Huh.

Neat.

I want some.

>Talking shit about Vat19 ads

daww that got the heck tiggles out of me

hej du bög! jag knullar din mamma, ok??

Right. And if you enjoy pissing so much you gorge yourself on unhealthy amounts of water to piss 50 times a day, that'd be an addiction that affects normal living.

As for the second part, they're called eating disorders you fucking idiot.

It's probably not fun, I work in a warehouse that has kooky products and anime shit, it has some novelty if you do it the first few days because you get to look and hold all that weird shit but then it wears off. It's probably more fun working in their PR department like those guys and just keep comming up with dumb ideas and get paid for them.

Nothing that you said countered anything he said. What a pointless post.

Well, yeah. Not being the hauling guy, that would suck.

youtube.com/watch?v=bvTTw1jFqhw
But this shit looks awesome.

>tfw can'thave one in my apartment

there are only hauling guys in a warehouse doe.
Although it has its perks. You get to open a package of every item to check if it's in order and theres always some stuff you can just take home with you.

I've never played a single game for more than 1000 hours. And the 300+ hour list is a short one, only games with a lot of depth like Path of Exile.

Unless you count MtG, but that's not a video game. I probably have 50k hours in that over the last decade.

I bought some of this shit for my nephew. It's fun as hell, but it's still sand my nigger, I wouldn't suggest what you're thinking.

how does it feel to stick your dick in it

>sculpt ass
>stick rubber pussy in
no problem pham

This brand is 2% silicon so I'd assumed not (really)

I wouldn't know

Gay Nu-male Bullshit. This is a kids toy.

>not being addicted to weed
you smalltime weenie

this stuff is cool at first, but it gets fucking nasty in a few weeks. it picks up all of your dead skin and oils and dirt and retains it, and it starts changing colors. it's fucking gross

You're on Cred Forums, Anonymous

I dont even play video games, im here to spread my venom and memes.

No, it's Cred Forums, Vidya Gaems.

imagine being a human and getting swallowed by that

A new kind of marketing. Incredible.

Look at how the faggot edited the 1st second of the video to make it appear like a miniature on youtube.

>imagine being a human
You're not a human?

haha what would it smell like

So it's basically play-doh that looks grainier?

imagine being human

so they are real
forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Gelatinous_cube

Yes, but that is a time lapse of several hours. So it'd be a slow death, and only if you're magnetic.

That magnetic putty is the shit.

youtu.be/LrezgYfod8I?t=1m57s

Skip to 2:00 if the link doesn't do it for you.

No, shit invented by parents.
wtf is going on in the webm?