What are some of the worst character redesigns in video games?

What are some of the worst character redesigns in video games?

Other urls found in this thread:

ispot.tv/ad/AGL6/cocoa-puffs-saturday
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

delete this

Why does every cartoon look exactly the same these days?

seriously

delete this

Westerners are literally creatively bankrupt.

What is the op?

ITT: CalArts

That would explain why Hollywood is nothing but remakes and capeshit.

Will this decade be remembered for anything?

Aside from anime, not really.

>my childhood was more unique and creative

It was, it may be a shit opinion but things have been steadily getting worse for almost fourty years now, fucking deal with it

cal arts dropouts

why does Daphne look like a character from american dad (aka family guy rip off)

>ripoff
this bait

At least this show instantly died.

American Dad is not a Family Guy ripoff, or at least it wasn't for the first few seasons. Haven't watched it past like season three, but it was much better than the piece of shit that Family Guy had become. Also, in this new Scooby Doo series, they completely changed Daphne into some retarded, "quirky" character who uses handpuppets for everything.

You are just jaded and cynical tard, literally every generation thinks their childhood was better, go ask your father and he will laugh at your childhood

It literally was.

People making this shit are artist and not writers.
You need to be an artist to get anywhere in the industry.

I actually thought this was pretty cool in a stand-alone sort of way.

shouldnt you be on Cred Forums with these shitty bait post trying to get people to rant about new age flash animation?

>tfw no one even remembers when cookie-crisp was a dog

Eggman,Sticks and Tails look fine though.
everybody else is awful however.

it wasn't though.
Take off your nostalgia goggles.
for the large part Anime,Comics and cartoons have made huge leaps and bounds .

Tumblr and calArts.
70% of current cartoon network series came out a Tumblr artist for example.

>Anime
m8 the early 2000's transition from cels to digital was real fucking rough for the most part. Most studios didn't get their shit together with their new tools until 2006 or later.

If you knew anything about the animation business and how it operates now, you wouldn't be saying this.

I'm 43 years old, even I can see 90s/early 2000s was better for cartoons.

Not that guy, but what does the animation industry have to do with people's blind nostalgia? If anything, it proves the point. Since so many people here obses over Cow and Chicken and FMA as the best animated shows ever. Since they hit the of 10 between 2000 and 2004. And the generation before that obsess over Cowboy Bebop and Batman.

>Thinking it's simply nostalgia

I'll fight you.

>Strawmanning
>Because what else can you do when you lack critical thinking skills?

No, everything is going after the AT Noodle limb style. You can argue about the quality of the cartoons 15 years ago, but you can't say that they looked the same

Late 90s was the best time for western cartoons. Early 2000s was the worst time since the 1960s.

Both of the worst periods in western animation was when Hanna-Barbera was the driving force of animation. Both of the best times in western animation were when Warner Bros was the driving force in animation.

And its little wonder that anime became so big in the late 90s/early 2000s. Because once stuff like Batman, Duck Tales, Animaniacs and Dexter's Lab were off the air, there was no western show that could fill the gap. We got a decade of Ren and Stimpy clones and anime wanna be shows. Even Naruto looked good to people in that period.

>I can't refute your point so I'm gonna claim strawman
>I don't know what a strawman is

>shitty weeb poster
>likes Bomberman redesign
>lecturing others in their taste of animation
This place wouldn't quite be paradise, but the quality of Cred Forums would improve exponentially if we could just scrub away people like you for good.

Samurai Jack was great though

There's nothing to refute, you did not provide any evidence for your claim. It's a non-argument.
>If you think this time period was better than the current then its just NOSTALGIA

ispot.tv/ad/AGL6/cocoa-puffs-saturday

Wacky new CoCo Puffs commercial

It wasn't. But even if it was, we're talking about periods with high quantity and quality. One show doesn't make an entire 'era' good. Just like all those idiots who claim Cowboy Bebop alone made all of 90s anime good.

>There's nothing to refute, you did not provide any evidence for your claim. It's a non-argument.

Kind of like you when you made a blanket statement about the animation industry with nothing to back it up?

Don't know what post you're thinking of, but I said no such thing.

>If you knew anything about the animation business and how it operates now, you wouldn't be saying this.

how the fuck do we get warner brothers to save animation?

I repeat, I said no such thing./

90s anime was fine the less moe cancer anime the better and that's what most anime is nowadays.

We don't. They've put all their chips into high budget live action movies and totally dropped animation. Even though their animation in the 90s was considered the pinnacle of western TV animation, Warner Bros didn't think it made enough profit. So they gave up on it.

This has left a handful of other groups like News Corp (FOX) and Ted Turner (Cartoon Network) to keep animation going. And they're churning out stuff of such varying quality that people don't know what to think about animation anymore.

Japan is pretty much the last bastion of 2D animation left. Even Disney has given up. They'd rather throw 300 million into the next Avengers movie than make 30 good animated series with the same amount of money.

Adventure Time. It introduced that ugly as fuck "minimalist" and "simple" style and because of it's wild success execs want shows that are chap as fuck to make I.E. calart hacks with simple to animate cartoons. I want to watch something that doesn't use tweens for once in my fucking life.

>90s had no moe
>90s was better because it was serious
Oh boy, these stupid arguments again.

Disney has one 2D movie coming out that looks really good.
Lets hope it does well

>Confusing kawaii with moe

Similar but two different beasts

Gumball looks nothing like Teen Titains which looks nothing like Adventure Time which looks nothing like Regular Show.

Now, these shows aren't as good as they could be in terms of writing and timing. But that has nothing to do with their visual design.

Disney also has that Big Hero 6 TV show that's going to be co-animated by TMS.

Moe came out of what you're calling 'Kawaii'. There's a reason I posted Sailor Moon. And even back in the 80s and 90s, idiots like you were complaining that cute characters were killing anime.

Cute characters are not the problem. Shows which have cute characters as the only redeeming feature are the problem. And the 90s had plenty of those as well.

>There will never be a western developed animated feature targeted to adults

>TMS
Wait, they didn't die? Where the heck did they go?