Rate DUELYST

What's the Cred Forums oppinion of DUELYST, annons?
I found it a great fussion between FF Tactics and Hearthstone. You should ty it if you like turn-based tactic games.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rHUdNbKvu5c),
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Never heard of it.
Visually speaking alone, it looks like shit.

Totally agree. The game's pixel art its great, in fact (youtube.com/watch?v=rHUdNbKvu5c), but the HUD its a reallly big bullshit, it break all the visual impact.

Sure if you're rank 25 you'll think that

Game is cancer as fuck, once you hit rank 10 you're stuck in the gold division or whatever, and all you will face is the same 2/3 meta decks over and over again. Your best bet is for the opponent to get really bad draws and insta concede.

It was good until that point, most people suggest to actually lose on purpose and drop in ranks before hitting gold to avoid this issue if you don't have at least 1 OP as fuck deck, but honestly I decided to not give a fuck and quit instead.

fun enough to do dailies for

Visually offensive but I'm planning to try it again soon because it might be fun.

loved the style, the graphics, mechanics, the game

never played it because it has no AI training and I don't want to be a shitter against someone

The game has balancing issues up the ass. Honestly its only fun when you first start playing, and gets much less fun the more you play.

In fact im rank 8 and meta swaps a lot, even if 2/3 players plays only Abyssian or Magmar clasick fullagro decks.

Are there any other good alternatives to the shitfest that is hearthstone?

I quit it due to my patience running out. Every opponent I had pondered their actions until the turn timer came up, even if they could only move one unit once. Then I did my move in ten seconds and back to waiting for these fucking snails trying to think.

Well, its a tactic game, you know. The idea is to think (except if youre a pussy and play Lyonar like me. And even so)

Well, this isnt really a card game.

I've reached gold in February. Stopped playing after.

Game is solid, basic principles are great and fun... But meta was shit, and in gold I was only hindered because I lacked legends - like keeper of the value - which got annoying pretty fast.

Still, it is the best card game on pc for now.

>The idea is to think

So you are saying that you should wait until the clock runs out on your first turn? Fuck you.

>he doesn't play zoo starhorn with mandrakes and razor skin

A new act in July breaks the meta as fuck and now everyone is playing whit new break-as-shit new cards to find a new meta. But acctually Diamond and S-Tier still be fullagro meta anyways.

Lol, never happened to me.

It has IA training dude...

the illustrator is awful with its blonde bimbo style waifu

>stuck
>in gold
Nigga what
Gold is easy as hell, rank ~3 is where it begins to get tough because people will want to get into s rank

well it didn't when I played some time ago

>mfw i never pass out of rank 8

It's decent fun, but it has squandered a lot of potential by trying to simplify it for retards, aiming for short games. The general power level is very high, there's a lot of remove or die threats, and not much control support. The board is also underutilized, everyone moves in the same üpattern, the mechanics like flying, ranged or blast are binary as fuck, there's few cards liker dancing blades that depend on specific positioning
I still play to at least gold every month and play a decent amount of gauntlet

I see Shadowverse being namedropped quite a lot
There's Faeria as a slower, more tactical Duelyst/ card-board-hybrid

Faeria > Duelyst

Looks cool, i will give it a shoot.

Not on your first turn, but there's often a surprising amount of stuff to consider
You do not want to feed the warbeast

Unless it's the beginning of the month, where people with fully fleshed out decks will climb through gold, you'll be able to compete there with pretty much any semi-coherent deck. Try to git gud, learn what all factions are capable of and how to play around that, get enough 2 drops in your deck because mana orbs are important, learn solid positioning to protect your stuff, reach their stuff or the manatiles, and you should be good to go
Or just play Kara, put your deck full of 2-3 drops and draw and rape everything

duelyst on web or steam? which one is better?

It's the same thing as far as I can see

I came back to the game after trying it during the beta. All the new cards are pretty neat. I managed to build a viable Shadow Creep deck finally.

The pixel art has a nice charm to it, but I would prefer a different style for the generals and emotes. The art style looks shitty, like it came from those old Adventure Quest games or something.

I'm so glad they changed the mechanics, shadow nova was some annoying bullshit

I stopped played when I saw that the newest expansion only had shitty cards only usable in one type of deck for Abyssian.

I can't even tell what these piles of pixel shit are supposed to be

how

Shadow creeps are worse than ever, shitler.

Played it for a couple of days then quit once I've realized how slowly you get cards and everyone was rocking legendaries and playing the same tryhard deck.
Typical pay2win tcg garbage.

Creep is still cancer

>pay2win
you mean play2win?

>once I've realized how slowly you get cards
What? You get 1 or 2 packs every day.

Have you ever played any online card game before?

I tried it right when it first came out, i disliked it more than HS.

No I don't play either game, couldn't be happier.

Sure but it's a different kind of cancer

Wut. You can get a competitive deck whit less than 25 win and 3 days playong quest lmao.

I play Divine Bond Lyonar

cheap stuff like rex, bloodfire, jaxi, puppydragon, primus fist, koi, dispel dog, young silithar, repulsor, maw
draw from spelljammer and your hero power
damage boosts from razor skin and thumping wave
your bombs are makantor and mandrake
i threw in a copy of lady locke because i felt like it

i once gained like 30 points of combined attack damage in a single turn by shitting out mandrakes and razor skin
its fun

Its literally the fucking same. The problem with Shadow Nova was that it was a one hit insta win that the enemy can do nothing about.

We still have that same trash now, except the enemy can use it on turn 8, instead of turn 12 like before.

You play like 4 games and you get enough gold for a pack a day if you have the right quests
You don't even have to win them
Then you can play gauntlet as soon as you get any decent, pick something like vanar and get your endless gold
You also get a free legendary at the end of a month if you make it to rank 10 which is very easy, it's usually a solid 400 dust

Thats the boy.
Simple, gaylord, full of fagocity, but still effective. OP give you a hug.

They fucked up by making a new expansion with the only gimmick being battle pets which was the safest more boring way to add to the game. Would rather play hearthstone or legends that this because it gets really old quickly. The tactics part of the game really molds it in a boring way since they have to tip toe around it so much to make new content. Chronicle is even better than this.

It's the best iteration of what it's trying to do, and I personally enjoy the hell out of it. I'm also proud to say I have yet to spend a dime on the game.

>proud to say he didn't support the devs
Hope the game gets shutdown next month.

B-but nobody its using battle pets annon.

GUYS

THE HUMBLE BUNDLE GIVES YOU 20 DUELYST ORBS FOR FREE. YOU DONT EVEN HAVE TO GIVE THE MINIMUM OF 1 DOLLAR JUST OUT YOUR EMAIL IN THE FIELD.

you can do this multiple times, but it has to be a fresh duelyst account from sept 15

Also it gives free legendaries

what are you smoking, mememan? I ain't giving you my email