Convince me to build a PC rather than just buy a PS pro

Convince me to build a PC rather than just buy a PS pro.

I want a PC, but I also have a UHDtv. I only have $500 to spend ...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/fJPmAO7LEro
pcpartpicker.com/list/GFDGJV
youtu.be/ytl2IUHU6pI
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2MN-0004-00002&cm_re=i3_6100-_-2MN-0004-00002-_-Product
pcpartpicker.com/list/KqT6QV
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Even if you're on a budget, a moderate PC is a great thing to have.

Your other threads about how the ps4 is better than the PC were deleted.
Just fuck off already.

It's not my job to help faggots like you make up their minds on how to spend their money on stupid ass video games.

Just buy a PS Pro if you can just wait and save your money.

If you can wait, save around $1200 and build yourself a high end system that can run 4k games, with comprises but it'll still look great.

No point in bothering really.
Buy a PSPro, and with the leftover money you can buy a shitty laptop to play every worthwhile PC exclusive.

can't wait*

This

Only games I play lately are emulated. Pretty much been on a PS2/GC and GBA/DS kick having a blast with all the good RPGs I missed out on.

My PS4 has been collecting dust for a year now. Gonna sell it along with Bloodborne soon.

How much money will I save with a PC ? Thats really what im looking for, I love games, but now life has gotten in the way. I want something that will be worthwhile, but i dont want to take a loan out to get it. Thats all.

And no im not the other prick who is baiting people, I honestly just was looking for some advise about this.

It's up to you OP, you can either save your money and build a proper PC, or you can give yourself a healthy dose of buyers remorse by buying a PS4new or whatever the fuck it's called.

Buy $500 worth of dragon dildos.

Would i save more money on a pc ? Thats really the only concern I have.

on pc it's all about having patience, if you want to play everynew game at launch you'll probably not save a lot of money.

It's highly varies.

You'll save money not having to pay for an online subscription.

You can also save money by buying CD keys from 3rd party sites instead of buying straight from the steam store. There's the occasional steam sale also.

You can also pirate games but at best case only do it to test the game for an hour or 2 to see if you like it.

not him but yeah you can get CD keys pree cheap and if you really want to just torrent

I bought FIFA 17 for 50 CAD on PC while my friends got it for 90 CAD after tax for Ps4

>$1200 for a 4k PC/monitor

>the PC won't hold you hostage
>multiplats, exclusives and emulation
>backwards compatible
>doesn't require a subscription to play online
>upgradable if needed
>doesn't become obsolete when new parts are released
>can be used for a lot more than gaming, including as legitimate ways to have get your money back

I want you to add the cost of a full system with a gtx 1070/ 980 ti ~.

It's going to cost around there

Considering steam have massive sales constantly and launch titles are usually 10-20 dollars cheaper, in the long run yes

Why would you include the price of a 4k monitor? How many people buying the Pro already have 4k TVs?

What would be a good card to build around for someone who has only seen 60fps on the Last of Us ?

oh and not having to pay a monthly fee just to access online gaming

Just hopped in this thread, Does anyone know of a 4K 144hz monitor? Like, if I'm gonna justify eventually buying a 1080(Ti) and a PS4 pro, I want to know my screen is optimized.
60 hz is garbage

There's no such thing.
DP can't output that much data.

The highest DP 1.3 can do is 120hz at 4k
There's also the issue of no panel existing that can do 4k/120hz

Well if you only have $500 dollars, I would recommend buying the PS4 Pro and then start saving up around $800 for an even better PC later on when the PS4 Pro gets old.
You really do save up a lot of money on games with the PC because of Steam sales and pirating and all that.
But it all depends on what type of games you enjoy playing.
If you enjoy Playstation exclusives more than anything then stick with the Playstation but on PC you can get pretty much every AAA game and Indie game on the market and on sale most times too.
I myself have both the PS4 and a decent PC but I pretty much always game on my PC since i only ever play PS4 for its exclusives and there isn't that much good exclusives in the first place to be quite honest.

This will give you about PS4 Pro performance. It's more expensive mainly because if the OS, if you want to pirate Windows than whatever. If you want Scorpio performance just buy a 480 instead and overclock it.

Then I'll save my money for when 8k 100hz is bleeding edge and I'll get DP 1.4 or whatever when 4K/165 hz exists

Just get a PS4 Pro

>$650 for a shit i3 and amd video card PC with the bare minimum
>just for the desktop and OS

JUST

games are finally starting to fully utilize and even requiring 4c/4t. Hell Overwatch is the first mainstream game I can think of that will filly use 6c/64t.

I wouldn't want to be stuck on a i3

The 970 is about $200-300 nowadays and is carrying almost all recent games at 60fps. And I have an old i5 CPU.
If you want something cheaper, you can look for one of the latest AMD cards, too.

That picture has such a dramatic misunderstanding of technology I always wonder if the person who made that was really smart or really stupid.

I agree, 3.5Gb meme aside it's a good 1080p card.

It will definitely last till the end of this console generation

>windows 10 $119

Then he can upgrade later you retard. An i3 is fine.

Is this what people actually believe?

That's true, if you look at benchmarks of shit like GTA V an i5 is dramatically better than an i3, I just made that for poorfags. You can close the gap by getting an unlocked mobo, making sure the BIOS is older, and overclocking the i3 BCLK along with 2666MHz RAM. Of course I wouldn't recommend that to someone who's never built a PC before.

>current year
>buying windows

If you want a good PC worth upgrading in the future, $6000 is your minimum.
If you can't afford top of the line skylake build with AT LEAST a 1000w PSU, 124GB of 6400 speed RAM and two TitanX cards, then you can basically only play minesweeper and possibly Counter Strike 1.6

How long did you save up to build a PC ?

Any ideas how to save the money ?

You're trolling but to an extent you're right.

I wouldn't recommend anything less than two Titan X's if you're attempting to future-proof OP.

>$500 to spend
That will get you a good processor and video card, if you can scrape up $200-$300 more you'll be set. Or, you could get everything but the video card, and buy that later when you have the cash. You can't be master race with integrated graphics, however.

>>>

>trolling

I'm from Cred Forums.
Such is our way of life

get the cheapest i5 skylake non k processor like an i5 6400 or something.
Get a rx 470(or 480 if u got the $ for it its worth it).
8 gbs ram
cheapest h110 mobo or something
cheap 20 dollar case
some 400-500 watt bronze psu by evga or seasonic
add some kind of storage
Thats it.
Even if its higher ull save $ by pirating and not paying for internet

The problem is it's just a waste of time.
Just about every game post 2015 requires a quad core.
Some won't even allow the exe to run without 4 threads.
It's just a waste of money and time buying a i3 for gaming, spending 40~50 more for an i5 isn't going to kill you. It'll be less of a hassle in the long run.

youtu.be/fJPmAO7LEro
Here you go OP.
>you must be 18 or older to post on this site

It's easier to make a comparison using AMD video cards since consoles run off of AMD. The Pro is based off of 480 architecture but it's so heavily downclocked that the performance is closer to a 470. Of course you could use the 3GB 1060 as well if you wanted. Scorpio is 6TFLOP so it will probably be slightly better than the 480, hence my recommendation of a heavily overclocked 480. Of course the 490 once it comes out is also acceptable, assuming it's priced reasonably.

>Seasonic

If he wants to buy a PC for $500 than he's obviously not fucking worried about "future-proofing". He wants a cheap computer that'll play games at decent settings, and an i3 will allow that.

So should i just buy a good card first ? Or save up and get everything all at the same time ? I dont need top of the line preformance, I just want to be rewarded for being a dedicated gamer.

A 500 PC, unless you buy used, isn't worth it.

SeaSonic makes the best PSUs

Futureproofing is even easier now that consoles are on 3 year cycles. While it would have been extremely difficulty at the beginning of 7th gen to build a PC for 7 years that keeps up with 360/PS3 performance, making a PC last 3-4 years is much easier.

There is literally no point in a PC with less than an i5 and 16gigs of ram.

This, buying seasonic ends in one of 3 ways.

A) psu dies after 4-6 months of use, potentially damaging other components
B) psu is rated for higher TPD than it can actually produce, frying your shit
C) psu actually catches on fire, burning down your home

what's wrong with seasonic?

You do know they actually make their PSUs and not rebadge oem models right?

I actually always save money everymonth, so when I wanted to get a PC, I already had the money for all the parts.
But it would depend on your budget and paycheck.
I'm paid aroun $1000/month, so I usually save 300/month.

And for saving money, you need a bit of will power to not waste money with too much shitfood, games out of sales and other stuff (I play tcg so it's a bit hard to hold the hoarder inside me).

You can only have meme PCs with 500$. Buy a PS Pro.

That is, of course, if you intend to play all the shitty current multiplats. Otherwise you can have literally tens of thousands of games with a 500$ PC with emulators included.

The only thing you're missing on are the exclusives like Yakuza. And then again, for every exclusive that isn't on the PC, there are hundreds of 10/10 games you can play on a PC but that the PS4 cannot run.

TL;DR: If the PS exclusives are the only things that you want, go for it. Otherwise, you're better off with a PC.

Except for poor people who don't want to save up and get something better?

An i3 is serviceable.

I disagree with the 16Gb of ram. It's recommended but not required to play vidya today.

The i5 is a must though

Don't get a meme seasonic or corsair.
Get a Be Quiet!
They're good. Also quiet.

>The i5 is a must
No it's not.

This seems like the thread to ask;

Can anyone show me how to overclock my office chair? Just a 10% OC would probably help.
Note: it's an IKEA Markus

If all you want to do is word processing and browse the internet, sure.

What if my budget only is 60-100 bucks a month ... Im married and she is in school. So should i just save it all ? Or take the plunge on certain parts when I can get them ?

pcpartpicker.com/list/GFDGJV
Here's a build that'll last you a few years OP.

16gb is overkill for gaming alone.
I guarantee you that it won't make any difference from 8gb.

How many rocket thrusters/LEDs does it have?

Or play games at 1080p 60fps.

I upgraded from 4GB to 8GB and it didn't make any difference either.

And I have an i5 and 1060.

>$1200 and build yourself a high end system that can run 4k games

nice meme

Cred Forums is retarded as always

You're not recommending an i-3 for gaming right? That would be lol

Seven

Just using Windows 10 and Chrome I'm using 5gb of RAM. Playing Halo Online and I easily hit 9gb. 16gb is overkill but 12 is pretty much necessary nowadays.

Yeah, in your state I'd say you should save at least $60/month if it won't kill your life (going out and such).
Also, keep your eyes peeled for sales. Black Friday is around the corner, you could at least secure the vidya card in a sale.

The 980ti / 1070 is perfectly capable of running games at 4k, you just have to compromise with IQ settings

I'd only recommend it if someone can't afford an i5.

>That would be lol
Who cares what you find funny. Benchmarks are all that matter.

Generally you want to invest in a near top of the line component so years down the line its at least in the middle, at least when its not that much more expensive than alternatives. That said, I have an oc 955 x4 that still works great for my needs.

It makes sense to me to pick either a gpu or cpu to invest in so in time when you want to upgrade you just need the other component instead of having to rebuy everything.

Oh ok. Lol

youtu.be/ytl2IUHU6pI
dude
ram
lol

>Generally you want to invest in a near top of the line component
Sure. Not everyone wants to. Some people are poor and would rather build something that works now than wait as long as they need to to get something better. And an i3+$200 GPU is going to play games at higher settings than a PS4 pro.

Im really new to all this so thank you for helping

That goes for everyone in here actually, You all are helping me alot

I don't know about Halo Online, but I'm yet to play a game that eats more than 5gb from my system.
And I do run Win10 also, just not chrome, though Opera is almost the same it his regard.

I aint gonna convince you shit. Buy whatever the fuck you want, these threads are stupid platform war garbage. VIDEOOO GAMEEESSSS

>no good exclusive titles

Say I am a similar person to OP - if you include the entire Ps exclusive catalogue and assume for sake of argument that I want to go back and play Spyro 1-3, Crash Bandicoot, Jak n Daxter, and the new Ratchet and Clank - are those all still PS exclusive? And if so, if you were me, wouldnt you want to spring for the PS4 or PS pro?

No it won't.

If this is your first time building a PC, watch a shit ton of PC building tutorials on Youtube. Built my first PC 2 weeks ago and I couldn't be happier, it's piss easy once you actually get to it and the 1070 is an amazing card.

Logicalincrements.com will show you everything you need to know.

With that said, after you buy your parts after making an honest decision, don't post questions on Cred Forums or Cred Forums. They'll shit down your throat no matter what you choose

You do know that most games from 2014-2016 can be run at higher than console settings with those cards right? It doesn't have to be maximum settings.

I'm afraid some retard might actually believe you.

My 970 barely runs 1440 on most new releases.

>1440
There's your problem.

4k isn't some magical unobtainable thing. A 480 can run games at 4k/30 on medium/high settings.

Why do people always forget that consoles don't target ultra/60fps?

>$119 for an i3

Wut

Nigger the PS4 pro suffers from the same shitty CPU and same fucking amount of RAM. You're telling the user to have the same fucking problem the console has.

As stated above, the 970 is a 1080p card, familia.

Is there a big diffrence in the 1080 and the 490 ? Im not trying to be retarded, but i hear they preform the same, and the 490 is cheaper

Fucking thank you. I was in a thread weeks ago with fucks who were absolutely convinced 8gb just wasn't enough and you needed 16gb.

Fucking clowns.

Bullshit.

>newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=2MN-0004-00002&cm_re=i3_6100-_-2MN-0004-00002-_-Product

I'm guessing you're European?

Uh the 490 hasn't been announced yet so I can't really say. Are you sure you got it confused with the RX 480? That goes for around £250 where I'm from but it isn't comparable to the 1080 at all, more like the 1060.

Just buy a ps4. You obviously have no interest in learning what pc parts do, the strengths and weaknesses of different items, etc.

i know its bait but it still makes me irrationally angry

You're forgetting the primary purpose of RAM, having 20 Chrome tabs open while gaming.

Sorry I did mean the 480.

Is the 480 a bad choice for a budget fag ? Or should i spend $400 on a 1070 ?

The 8gb version is about the best budget card currently afaik

I wouldn't get the 1070 unless you are going for 1440p. 480 and 1060 are fine for 1080p.

Is 1440p more graphically resource heavy than 4k upscaled? If it is, that would mean most cards in that price range (200$) are absolute shit compared to the PS4.

1070 is fine for 1080 if u got 144 hz

Good thing that when buying something we don't only take into account the resolution.
Otherwise Vita would've won over the 3DS.

Depends on what you want to do mate. I would honestly go for the 1070 as it will last you a loooooong while.

You can go for the cheaper 480 but you'll end up upgrading it in a year and a half anyway. Paying the extra £200 for the 1070 allows you to basically boot up any game that will come out in the next 4+ years and max it out with no worries whatsoever. It's an expensive investment but it is so fucking worth it in the long run if gaming is your hobby.

That doesn't answer my question, and it was genuine.

4k upscaled for PS4 Pro is 1080p x 1080p. It's probably similar to 1440p in performance. PS4 Pro is about the 470, so the 970 would be pretty similar. All are slightly above $200.

1070 is worthless for 1440p, 1080 is the only single chip to give you consistant 60+fps.

Op, don't bother with$500, not enouh for a worthwhile gaming build

In that case the 970 would be worse; it runs 1440 godawful. This is of course unless the PS4 runs its """""4k"""" at a filmic framerate it seems surprisingly competitive price wise with existing PC hardware. I guess I have to upgrade my 970 to a 1070 too.

Does it have games other than Bloodborne?

I enjoyed Xrd Sign/Revelator and Nier, Ni-oh, Gravity Rush, The Last Guardian, and the weird Cavewoman Robo-dino games look decent. I'm not sure if any of those are coming to PC, but that lineup looks pretty good to me.

Consoles don't target ultra/60fps. The Pro is basically running games at 1440p/30 at medium/high settings. It can't even use ultra textures because it doesn't have enough RAM. The 970 is easily capable of doing that.

Help desk thread?

Can I power a 1060 gtx with a 550 power supply? My friend says i cant but the power requirements are 400w according to websites.

Easily. Running a 1060 + i5 6500 on a 550w EVGA PSU myself. What CPU do you have/are looking to get?

Adding on, here's 1440p/high benchmarks for the new Tomb Raider. I don't actually know if 1440p is a perfect comparison with 1080p upscaled to 4k, but it's probably close enough. A 970 or 390 will give you a locked 30fps, which is the Pro target.

The 970 isn't doing it either, it least not successfully. At 1440 the 970 can tank into the teens on new realases on ultra with some msaa on.

>PS pro
Why not just the regular PS4?

But at 500 bucks I would save my money if I was looking to build a PC. Wait until you can afford to get something good.

I dunno. Recommend one, I might build it soon.

you'll have quite a lot of power left over actually.

just pick up a cheap haswell cpu and mobo. should be enough if you're going for a cheap build. i5 4690 is fairly cheap (£150?). ddr3 is dirt cheap too.

shit bait.

Also you make yourself a retard that cant think by himself. Retard.

>bought a UHD TV despite there being very little 4k content
>only wants to spend $500 on a OC
Something tells me OP isn't very interlligent.

>implying the Pro's shit CPU even approaches an i3
>implying you need Windows to have a bigger better library than PS4
>not going with the cheapest RAM kit available for a budget build

This is by far the more honest, accurate rival build:
pcpartpicker.com/list/KqT6QV

I have a ps4 now, but i also have a uhdtv that i would like to utalize

>ps pro
>paying the money for a graphical update console that doesn't actually make the graphics better

Buying an AMD CPU is retarded right now, they're out of date, the chipset is dead so you can't upgrade, and Zen is about to come out.

It was a black friday deal and it was fairly cheap

You're not going to be getting any significant benefit out of the PS pro regardless.