Capcom is bleeding money

>Capcom is bleeding money
>won't do a revival of some of their older IPs like Final Fight that could be done with a very small team for a high return
I don't understand

Other urls found in this thread:

capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2016/annual_2016_01.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

They'd probably make a single-player story driven VR Final Fight experience.

Capcom's bleeding money? What happened?

Not as long as they have Monster Hunter.

If you're so desperate to punch people why don't you just do it already.

It's a shame because they have so many great IP's.
Ghost n Goblins, Gargoyles Quest, Code Name: Viper, Mega Man, UN Squadron, oh god the beautiful memories!

They really should do some new entries in their old beat 'em up series. Didn't Double Dragon neon make Wayforward some good cash?

Is this a serious post

They needed Sony to fund fucking Street Fighter.

Konami did that a few years back Castlevania, Gradius, and some other game got a "Rebirth" version.

>Capcom
>Capable or competent anymore
They have literally ONE good team working for them (The Dragon's Dogma/DMC guys) and that's it. No one else in their fucking company knows what they're doing anymore.

They could have made a new DMC, an actual one.
They should have made a new Dragon's Dogma.
They should have made a new Mega Man.
They shouldn't have fucked up Resident Evil.
They shouldn't have fucked up Dead Rising.
They shouldn't have fucked up Street fighter.

If they had done all this they would not be on the verge of bankruptcy.

>Crank out niche stuff no one except that niche cares about like monhun
>never improve the actual gameplay
>Abandon (Megaman, DMC, ghosts and goblins, and many others) or butcher (resident evil, Street fighter) your best series that make you money
>lock everything behind paywalls
>wondering why they're going bankrupt

>do all this shit
>not going bankrupt

You have to pick one, and never both. They've lost all consumer trust with their greed and retardation. Even Streetfighter, their most drone fanbase is going into the dirt because people learned not to buy into their SUPER HYPER ULTRA MEGA: ARCADE EDITION DICK FIGHTING VERSION2.0 rerelease bullshit finally.

Capcom could be the hero the 3rd party dev/pub scene needs, instead they chose to join the cancer and kill the industry for quick gains. The funny thing is the drones will say something like "WELL IT WAS GOING DOWN ANYWAYS MIGHT AS WELL MAKE MOENY HAHA". It wouldn't BE in this state without companies like Capcom fueling the fucking fire to SEND things this way.

>give your customers viruses
>WHY ISN'T ANYONE BUYING OUR PRODUCTS??? :'(

Remember when MML3 was almost done, then Capcom pulled the plug?

Not only that, but blamed it on the fans for not giving them enough ideas and contributions.

There are no heroes left in man

>capcom.sys is the breaking point of the camel's back

Sayonara, bitches.

I loved you when you actually made good games, now you think it's okay to hire one fucking guy to operate the entire online functionality and allow and approve of kernel level access malware?

I am never giving you another cent. Good riddance.

Which is funny, because SFV isn't getting a new release. They're instead doing yearly patch updates and making the game survive on season passes (which is honestly the best thing a fighting game can do for major balance updates). If only it didn't have 8 frame delays and an unbalanced roster, because SFV is actually really good outside of that.

>Monster Hunter
>Niche
Do you even Japan?

Why Final Fight? Only the first game is great. Also people don't get beat em ups, they think the genre is mindless because they don't know how to play and credit feed through the games like the lazy dumb shitstains they are

MKXL released on Steam for 29.99 today so there is literally no reason to pay 60 for a malware infected inferior version of USFIV.

Yeah like I said, they lost consumer trust with their bullshit.

Japan isn't a large sustainable market anymore to call it NOT a niche. I'll concede I'm wrong if you can post large enough japan only numbers for that series.

Japan is irrelevant compared to the west now because interest is almost all smartphone, pachinko, and other garbage that doesnt make a decent income for companies with large expectations like capcrud.

> high return

I'd love to hear you justify how a new Final Fight would be low investment/high return.

FF2 was great too.

Is there any company more infuriating than Capcom? they make one shitty buisness decision after another but I don't want them to die because if they die the already dying hope of all their IP's goes with them.

3 was fun. Mighty Final Fight was pretty good to. That guy's full of shit.

I'm amazed they're just so fucking terrible at the service based Street Fighter model

You can't sell new characters when every single DLC character is objectively worse than the initial cast.

Costumes don't sell when they're fucking $4 to $5 per, and especially when they add nothing attractive like special voice lines or even particle effect changes for moves

Why does the PS4 release have the sole bundle of DLC available, and why for fuck's sake are there no bundles planned for the swimsuits or upcoming Halloween costumes?

capcom hire me you fucks before you kill another IP with your incompetence

I'm about to really break someones heart.

>Tfw no new GOOD Breath of fire Ever EVER again.

No it wasnt, it turned one of the most frantic and challenging beat em ups into a fucking mindless snoozefest with a maximum of 3 enemies on screen at once

I'd honestly prefer a new Onimusha game over another wet fart of a JRPG series beloved by 90's casuals.

Yeah? Well guess what. You get NOTHING, and NEITHER

It was still fun. Not every game needs to crush your balls to be good.

The typical internet anti-Capcom mindset like this thread is so common its something I commonly cite when arguing that gamers need better historical and economic literacy. It's amazing how desperate Megaman fanboys are that they stoop to make shit up like "Legends 3 was almost complete" Stop whining about Legends for a change and actually maybe have a critical discussion about the franchise you're all so defensive about for once. Fat chance, since most of them can't even progress past "Megaman 2 is the best game even though I canmt provide any evidence"

Funny thing, it's not like half the shit that people clamor for a sequel to is something no one else can create.

I mean a Mega Man game should be fucking easy. Make 8 stages with bosses, let the player pick between them, let them pick weapons, and make 5 or so final stages and bosses. The concept is easy to rip off.

Same thing with Breath of Fire. Design a bunch of furries and some guy who turns in to a dragon, write a JRPG plot, call it something else. Boom.

It amazes me some guy(s) out there have the talent to make a game as good as AM2R and he used the Metroid IP so he can't make money off it. I mean free games are great, but I rather give money to the people who make games I like so they can keep making games I like.

give me hardcorps: uprising on PC for steam.
idiots, that's where your market is why did you only make it for xbox360 and ps3? port the game for like 20k and make 200k retards. holy shit.

That's a Konami game user, but I agree with you it really should be on PC.

True.

oh yea I'm retarded I was just really pissed off about my inability to access it so much that I meshed two different retarded old school japanese companies that refuse to market to the right audience.

>capcom.co.jp/ir/english/data/pdf/annual/2016/annual_2016_01.pdf
>Page 10

> In the fiscal year ended March 2016, although the cost to sales ratio temporarily worsened in the Amusement Equipments business, Consumer business growth caused operating income to increase, resulting in operating margins of 15.6%

>In the fiscal year ended March 2016, although the cost to sales ratio temporarily worsened in the Amusement Equipments business, Consumer business growth caused operating income to increase, resulting in operating margins of 15.6%

There's plenty of other information in there that says otherwise. Capcoms old IPs, like Final Fight, wouldn't do shit to move Capcom's bottom line.