So now's the long wait until Fallout 5, with the hope that it might actually be a good Fallout game and RPG this time...

So now's the long wait until Fallout 5, with the hope that it might actually be a good Fallout game and RPG this time. Though the chances of it being produced by Obsidian are next to none though, seeing how they are tied up w/ their own projects and said they aren't interested in making any more 3D or FPS games.

How many years do you predict it will be until FO5? What are you going to do until that day? Any other series you're excited for?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PZkwHwZO75c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Any other series you're excited for?
dishonored 2

no lie.

>How many years do you predict it will be until FO5?

You're looking at 2021 at the earliest for a Bethesda made FO 5. The next TES will probably be late 2018.

I'm sure the next game will be great

I hope by the time Fallout 5 they'll finally fix the bug where ash and goo piles become permanent parts of the landscape so I can finally use energy weapons without the fear of save file bloat.

But who am I kidding.

fallout 5 will be live action.

>t it might actually be a good Fallout game and RPG this time

i think they should disappear after a cell reset.

that or you gotta go into the graphic settings and change weapon debris.

Obsidian will never get their hands on Fallout again. Bethesda made Fallout into a normie franchise with Fallout 4, just like they did to TES with Skyrim.

Ready yourself for mediocrity. I'm betting after most people shit on FO4 for the lack of choice and shitty writing they will at least bring back roleplaying and choices for 5. Will they be good, though? If you played Fallout 3 you know the answer to that.

Anyone that cares about Fallout as an IP after 2 is retarded.

New Vegas was great, easily the best Fallout.

WHY IS BOSTON FULL OF ORCS

i like fallout 4

you're just some stuck-up bitch that don't like videogames because you're getting too old.

Hey Todds.

So after both 3 and Skyrim having this bug, they STILL haven't fixed it? Holy shit.

>this new

It's going to be a long time but I'm confident that Bethesda will return the franchise around after the backlash that 4 got. But then again it's Bethesda and they probably care more about profit than what a vocal minority wants.

>New Vegas was great

>FO5
>Set 5000 years after the Great War
>Society in ruins, hardened survivors barely scraping by among the rubble and subsisting on scavenging, no civilizations
>One single town exists that the player has to build, everywhere else is a dungeon with infinite raiders, super mutants, or Strangely Well Supplied Mercenaries of Mysterious Origin
>Main plot demands you find your dad, your son, your wife, and your girlfriend(male)
>Second half of the game is the Neo Enclave vs the Brotherhood of Iron vs Potential Faction Choice Consisting of a Single Person who gives unlimited Radiant Quests vs Infinite Horde of Super Mutants from Space
>Guest starring Liberty Prime and his wacky brother Liberty Secundus

Backlash from a vocal minority is not a backlash, it is a minor opinion at most. The game sold a shit ton and that means they made the right call for the direction in terms of business.

>N-next fallout will be good!

>"everyone loved Fallout 3 lets do that again" - Todd
>make fallout 4 as essentially a remaster of Fallout 3, its the same game but with better graphics
>but all the kiddies who liked fallout 3 have grown up now and realize fallout 4 is shit

How did Fallout 4 sell? Seemed to me like even a lot of normalfags didn't like it.

The bug still exists. Of all the things that piss me off with the game the fact that this bug still exists enrages me after the unofficial patches of Skyrim and Fallout3/NV fixed them.

Not even the black face bug for those of us with older graphics cards doesn't bother me as much.

The cell resets sort of "fixes" it by just wiping the cell clean. However settlement cells never get reset so those ash piles and puddles will never go away unless you console disable them.

It also doesn't seem to work on indoor cells either. I went through a couple interior cells blasting the place up with plasma and lasers and when I waited for them to reset I found the places still filled with goo and ash, even when the raiders had returned.

youtube.com/watch?v=PZkwHwZO75c

Let's not pretend 4 only sold well because of the changes they made. It was going to sell well regardless.

When will you kill yourself?

It made some changes that resonated well with the normies. People loved the settlement building although it was clunky as fuck.

Sweet argument bruh

Honestly, Fallout 4 is shite but I have to grind up 500 steam hours so I can write a bad review so other people take my critique for real.

I just want the game back in the hands of Obsidian. I don't care if it's Fallout 4.5 or New Vegas mk. II. I just want better writing and for a team to introduce more intricacies between the protagonist, their objective and the rest of the world.