You will never play Dead Space 1 for the first time again

>You will never play Dead Space 1 for the first time again
>You will never play Dead Space 2 for the first time again
It hurts
I want to go back

I haven't played either so you're wrong.

>Protip: play dead space 2 with the music set to 0

>>
stopped reading right there

just smoke weed dude lol...

>all the sudden dead space threads out of the blue last few weeks
feels like shilling, probably an announcement soon

At least you can pretend DS3 doesn't exist.

>play dead space 1 on normal
>so easy it's basically just a walking simulator
>can't change difficulty without restarting
>no desire to replay it because it's just a shitty jump scare game anyway

>mfw i've never played any dead space for more then 10 mins because im too scared to
>mfw ive seen all endings, and all the scary parts anyways from youtube vids

I hate not having the ambiance though, dead space has the best ambient sounds of any game ever made, but the occasional bit of score really drives it home.

Because it fucking doesn't, fuck you

I hope not.
There's no way in hell EA won't fuck it up even more.

Jokes on you. I've never played either of them

I played the first one for like ten seconds, the godawful mouse acceleration made it unplayable

DS3 wasn't that bad, however if you came for scares you were sorely mistaken after 2 games and that horribly broken weapon crafting system.

You don't have a controller?

>Improved movement
>Weapon crafting
>Carver
>Brother Moons

3 had enough redeeming qualities to be worth remembering. It just has some really awful shit in it, like Ellie and Norton

DS3 was pretty fucking bad.
It was cheap cash-in bad.

3>2

2 was boring rehashed shit

3 felt like The Thing in space, with a buddy, and it ended with a bang - it being a damn good concept for a sequel

This franchise didn't deserve to die

>it's a mediocre at worst game that the drama queens aroud here claim is bad, or even terrible

BS Infinite, Tomb Raider reboot, Ubisoft games. I always end up having a moderate amount of fun with these games. Feels good having realistic standards.

about to start a hardcore run, give me some protips

After the Game Grumps did a video on the DS3 Demo I immediately knew that it was a cheap cash grab.

> You will never un-play Dead Space 3
Oh, god!

For DS2 or DS3?

I don't play shooters with a controller

Reboot, maybe a remaster of the trilogy for new gen consoles.
I agree.
I kinda of had hope because the early space station levels were good.
You have no standards at all

It's a third person shooter designed to be played with a controller

DS2

I am so glad. The first time I played Dead Space 1 I was horrified by the bad performance, shitty controls and stupid gameplay. DURR SMASH MONSTERS

Fuck that shit and everyone calling it a "horror" game.

>tfw I still haven't played the Dead Space 2 DLC
joke's on you OP.

That said, DS 1+2 are some of my favorite games of all time and I'm saving the DLC for after my next playthrough.

>Improved movement

In this kind of game you WANT the weighty slow tank movements, it adds to the tension.

>Weapon crafting

Unbalanced shit which made experimenting with weapons that had advantages and drawbacks pointless. Just craft one wich no drawbacks and you're set.
Boring trash.

>Carver
Never even seen the guy apart from cutscenes, which btw did not exist in the previous games except prolog/epilogue, they had Half-Life 2 "cutscenes".
Bland soldier character shoehorned in for the sole purpose of co-op.

>Brother Moons
I have not played the DLC but the endinbg of vanilla games was utterly retarded, the end boss made me laugh like a madman because of how terrible it was.

2 already headed in the wrong direction but remained a decent game, 3 is rehashed garbage, all rooms look the same, like procedurally generated, necros were simply reskinned (babys became dogs and so on).
You have absolute shit taste my fiend.

I don't play shooters with a controller

>missing out on a great game because of your autism
Ok cool

There are fixes for that.

Fuck you faggots
>Cover shooting
>Human enemies
>That shitty FUCKING crafting system

>Liked DS3, Bioshock Infinite, and the new Tomb Raider games
Your problem isn't that you're surrounded by people that have unrealistic standards, you're problem is that you're a casual on a website that is heavily anti-casual.

you should play it on the hardest difficulty. The jump scares are pathetic but the tension is great when you know that you can easily die at any moment.

Dead Space 1+2 made me fear elevators and this fear has carrid over to every other game I play now too.

>remaster of the trilogy for new gen consoles.

Probably. Someone at EA said recently that they're going to release "remastered" versions of their older games.

Patrician rankings
DS > DS3 > DS2
But yes Dead Space is amazing.

I bet you hate RE4, too, cocksucker

Never played either but have both in my library from bundles.

Can I play them and stop without touching 3? I know it's widely considered to ruin the series and have avoided them all as a result, but if the first two don't end on a cliffhanger and provide a reasonably well wrapped up conclusion I'd probably play them.

>tfw that part on ps3
fuck aiming on consoles

Jesus christ I bet this isn't insufferable with KBM

>bought ds1 & 2 during a sale recently since I've never played it
>controls are sluggish, only real 'horror' is being unable to fight properly because it takes extra time just to aim

If i played it back when it first came out I'd probably have enjoyed it more but its just too dated for me

I bet my left nut if they do they will fuck up lighting.

Cutter for most fights
Pulse Rifle for the pack of kids, laser traps, and alt fire for crowds
Contact Beam for late game. Primary does a ton of damage to the final boss, fully upgraded alt fire can be spammed on the way there while you haul ass

Max out your health as soon as possible, always go for damage first on gun upgrades. Don't save unless you made a ton of progress, final save should be just after getting done riding the giant drill machine. Good luck man

>1 is Alien tier
>2 is Aliens tier
>3 is shite

Every time.

I don't hate it, I just think it's the most overrated game of the last 15 years. My theory is that only people who were too young at release think it's the best ever.

Yes, even though 3 is kinda of meh, if you have a friend to coop with might be fun.
The worst part was getting the trophy iirc.

3 was the best version of Army of Two - a solid coop TPS set in space

2 was boring-ass recycled shit that retreated much of the same waters where the first game went and its *only* decent moment was a brief return to the original location, and even came out half-baked

The literal shit-eater is you, '''''friend''''''

>overrated game of the last 15 years.
that would be Fallour 3 or Skyrim

Dead Space 1 and 2 both have endings that can be considered final, they both wrap up neatly. So yes, you can. In fact, DS3 is the only one that ends on a cliffhanger.

Neither Dead Space 1 or 2 are horrors but boy, did I scream like a little girl in the very beginning of DS1 when you got no weapons and a necromorph is chasing you to the elevator. That was a legit good scare.

Sweet, cheers user.

>Army of Two
Utter fucking garbage aimed at bro-dude casuals, kill yourself.

Hell, I am playing Dead Space 1 for the first time.

Actually having a lot of fun, it sucks that a lot of 3rd person shooters went more towards the co-op/casual approach VS the RE4 approach. Hell, it holds up extremely well today visually (playing it in 4K).

>first encounter with the Regenerator

>did I scream like a little girl in the very beginning of DS1 when you got no weapons and a necromorph is chasing you to the elevator
>believing that this AAA board room designed overly focus tested piece of trash would have the balls to kill you that early in the game when you have no way to defend yourself
>not seeing instantly that it was yet another scripted set piece where you would get away *just* in time and it would super exciting an shit

>I am a friendless neet

I pity your lack of having fun, user

user, Dead Space came out eight years ago. He was most likely a teenager at the time.

>and it would super exciting an shit
it was for me at least for the first time, you cynical twat

>Freeze The Hunter
>two chapters later hear it's distinctive grunts and sharpening its claws
>The chapter after that see it's silhouette staring at you while you'regoing down an elevator shaft
>Start mistaking ambient sounds for it hunting you on floors above you
Dead Space 1 is a FUCKING masterpiece

The only reason you liked 3 is because friends make everything better.
Go play alone like i did, and i assure you you'll be rushing just to reach the fucking end.

This , is the series worth picking up?