This game stops being fun at high rank for me

This game stops being fun at high rank for me.

Just tons of cheap deaths for no absolute reason.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Ajl7tcpoevM
trog.zone/hunter-helper/
exhentai.org/s/571c346e32/1129960-1
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Upgrade your armor.

>easiest game in the series by far
>dumbshits STILL find ways to suck at it

This aint a turn based RPG, you can't just go about fully expecting to tank hit after hit.
Shocking right?
I'm all for the game's QoL buffs but the fact that monsters didn't become more aggressive/harder but we still people sucking shit so hard is amazing.
Did a tempered vaal quest earlier. 4 deaths.
My question is...how?

The game only feels almost like a monster hunter game until late end game

The reason is you being shit.

Monster hunter isn't about fun. It is about pain.

Eventually you realize that what used to be painful is actually pretty fun.

More like when all you can make are minor upgrades or sidegrades and the rare materials never fucking drop.

That's just cause you're shit.

The real reason it stops being fun is because it has hardly any variety compared to earlier titles so there is less reason to farm other monsters and you're just trying to increase bars to get Tempered Kirin.

You don't even need the decorations from investigations because the game is easy enough with just the base tools.

How do you do a tempered quest? Need to do some for weekly

It's like they knew the game itself is easy as fuck, so they added bullshit to the fights to make them challenging. One example is tempered Teostra, which can roar without any warning, stunning you, then use a strong attack like the ranged explosion and kill a gunner in one hit for quite literally no fault of their own, same for its supernova.

Tremors, wind stun and others were made to last much longer and added to a lot of attacks, combine that to the fact that there are 3 monsters per map, with some of them specifically go to the area you're fighting just to interrupt you, therefore making cheap shots from attacks you couldn't even predict or a combination of moves that are unavoidable, and you get a cheap, unfair and frustrating game inferior in every way to its predecessors.

>Thinks high rank fights is the painful part
You don't know pain until you're forced to grind for hundreds of earth crystals to upgrade your shit like in 4U

So on expeditions or in quests against a tempered monster you'll find monster tracks that glow blue like an elder's. every few you'll get an investigation of equal tempered tier.
So like anja, jagras, tobi, girros, etc are tier 1.
Rath, Uragaan, Diablos, etc are tier 2
Elder dragons are tier 3.
You'll know if an investigation is for a tempered monster if the monster in the quest status has a purple outline.

This fucking jackass dishwasher at work keeps asking about MH

When I know he's not going to like it

I tell him to watch some videos as it's not for everyone

Today he said he's gonna be buying it tomorrow, he just bough an Xbone

Oh boy is he going to have absolutely 0 fun online too.

i'm new to MH and didn't really die to anything high rank
maybe getting knocked down by nergigante into a dive is the closest to feeling cheap but even that didn't make me feel that way
maybe undergeared or just not paying attention?

>This game stops being fun at high rank for me.
holy shit stop now

Upgrade gear. Pay more attention and play more conservatively. Change weapon. Bring more items, potions, bombs, flashes. Try again.

That wasn't problematic at all with the Basarios glitch. Capcom never updated the game even so it is still doable.

Farming for expeditions is worse, friend
>Tempered nerg, let him walk in circles for 12m then collect his pile of tracks twice
>ONE investigation found.
Didn't even get any extra for killing his sorry ass, god fucking damn it. I wouldn't mind so much if half the time if they were guaranteed to have 4 slots for rewards but nope, 2 most of the time.

>he didnt use the HR49 Kirin to farm 10 pages of elder investigations

>He's so bad he can't even high ranks
for me, high rank is my favorite. I would LOVE to see shitters like you react to G-Rank and some of its actual Bullshit.

MH World needs more lolis

>Game is literally easy as hell
>Can't seem to understand the pattern of monsters

Come on, stop being a shitty video game player and get some balls.

The hardest part of any MH game is the jump from LR to HR when your gear is not good for HR

I actually like it when games challenge me and I have to improve to beat them.

objectively correct

>dying in the most casual monster hunter game ever made

tfw no lolismith

So you're trying to prove monhun is only good for bragging rights.

What does ballistic skill do and is it useful? Using the finsl legiana hbg for pierce

Low rank isn't fun because any time you spend in it is time wasted because you'll completely replace everything in the move to high rank/G

Its called a tutorial

haha, damn dude.

>So you're trying to prove monhun is only good for bragging rights.
No, I'm saying shitters should get good and stop whining that the games hard when they're just flat out shit at it.
G-Rank is bullshit though with some of the shit it does, so I'm not arguing for or against it.

best daughteru

>Epitaph Eternal in 3U
>Mfw farming the volcano for hours in that one HR rathalos hunt with the leather armor and HQ pickaxes just to get around 10-20 earth minerals each time.
>Had to kill myself every time to shave 15 minutes to the hunt
Fun game

>whaaaaa how come that new people that didn't spend 3K+ hours in previous games, repeatedly killing same monsters till exhaustion might find their first MH hard
>unpossible!?#!!

>dying for no reason
No, you're dying because you're getting hit. You're getting hit because you suck.

>He didn't already have hundreds of earth crystals just from passively playing the game

Fucking how

Im at tempered elder dragons and it's all getting kind of boring. Switched to hunting horn which was fun for a while but I think it's time to move onto another game, especially when I think of those bullshit crowns to grind for.

This is my first monhun and I've failed a quest twice. Once to nerg and once to tempered Kirin. Its really not a hard game.

would dote on.

The gameplay doesn't even transfer over. Previous MH's you had to be more deliberate. In world you can kill two diablos in five minutes casually.

lmao

This game stopped being fun for me at HR, just tons of shit teammates dying way too easily.

This is my first MH game and I'm shocked at how bad other players are. Stop using sharp weapons on the head when the tail is still attached, you fucking mongs

This entire post makes me sick

I'm new to MH and I've died a shit ton, burned through healing and buffs, but it's still some of the most fun I've had in ages. The main thing holding me back is trying to adjust to the slower and more calculated combat, I keep fucking up by trying to get a hit in and the controls feels sluggish as hell, but I realize that's just how this works and is supposed to play out and I'm just spoiled movement-wise on things like Bayo and God of War.

I've used the Glaive most of the game, midair dodging is just such fun, damage dealing, yet has a certain window of danger. Been playing some with the hammer, love that run and charge and the fact that you can evade out of charges etc, really no excuse to get hit when given such fluidity. Now I have just started the lance because I feel it is the opposite of the glaive and the playstyle I have leaned on for most of the game, also I'm about to enter the world of tempered monsters so I suppose having a defensive option isn't such a bad thing.

Wall of text I know, just wanted to let the veterans out their to hear from and know that there's a newbie that doesn't just whine and want a press to win button. Any suggestions to have more fun, challange, weapon I absolutely should try is more than welcome.

Tfw playing MH for the first time.

>arena
>area with high damage tools in an enclosed space
>can't believe you can beat the enemies so quickly

WHAT THE FUCK
WHY

Now that every monster can just come to wreck shit what will make Devil Joe different?

>sweating as hard as you can with arena gear doesn't even get sub 5"00
What was your point?

Post your clear time then.

my gear is fully upgraded so far.
i pay attention.

it's just that when i get stuned by a black diablos, see it dig under, BEYBLADE MY STICK and still get killed, it just really pisses me off

jesus FUCK
WHATS IN G RANK

it cant be worse getting stun comboed
.....IS IT

He's right tho

A newbie willing to learn and realizing you can't just wail endlessly without knowledge of what you're wailing on?
damn you're a sight for sore eyes.
Honestly I'd say go and play every weapon. Makes you appreciate the quirks and reasons behind the move sets + with most of the world changes the weapons are more unique than ever.

Right in the trash, sure

Tougher than high rank, try it out in about a year once Capcom releases the expansion

>For no absolute reason
People die if they are killed, user.
Stop getting killed.

The game is kinda boring since the beginning. I can only play with friends and I get burnt out after just one quest.

>WHATS IN G RANK
Typically in G-Rank, even with some of the best armor in the game, you'll more then likely get 2-3 shot by the big monsters. Not to mention monster's are even more aggressive then high rank.
World doesn't have g rank though so I guess your safe until they make either an expansion or an update, probably an expansion because thats just what capcom does with MH.

Is this game worth it singleplayer?

I've never played a MH, but something with a steep-ish learning curve, anime girl dressup, and giant monsters seems right up my alley. I'm just worried it'll be empty without friends. Also, is this one of those games that wastes a bunch of your god damn time instead of just letting you do cool, fun new things? Because I don't need an MMO. I don't need some new Warframe grindfest bullshit.

instead of getting stun comboed to death its just straight up 1-shots.
it's like they are too lazy to make it actually challenging so they just turn up damage values to obscene amounts so you just play like a little pussy bitch eeking out damage when you know for sure theres a window, or autistically memorizing animations

shit is not fun, it's when I quit playing 3U

I'm not a jap

Nothing in G rank could compare to the rage that I feel when the game has me fighting a weak-ass easy monster, BUT FUCKING THEN

Some other weak ass easy monster FLIES IN OUT OF FUCKING NOWHERE, screams its fucking lungs out holding me in place, and then gives the first weak ass monster just enough time to hit me with its biggest attack. Now I'm stunned, and it has, once again, just enough fucking time to hit me with its second most powerful attack, leaving me with the slightest sliver of HP. BUT NO, I STILL DON'T GET TO FUCKING PLAY. Because NOW, the second monster charges at me as I'm getting up, and not being a shitter its easy enough to dodge, but the FIRST FUCKING MONSTER IS NOW SCREAMING. Second monster attacks, and I'm carted.

The only thing I'm learning is that I need to grind earplugs and stun resistance until they're both maxed out, BUT IT REQUIRES GRINDING ON MONSTERS THAT ARE EXTREME OFFENDERS OF THE FUCKING ABOVE.

Nah challenge wise there's plenty. If playing other games with boss fights didn't bore you before(mega man, souls, etc) you should be fine here. If anything you may find yourself more annoyed but what story is there as it get's obnoxious a few times.(Forced walk n talk segments 2 or 3 times, side-kick woman is just dumb as rocks)
Also World has a lot of QoL improvements, so while the game is a bit too easy for vets it's the most accessible of the series for newbies.
All in all, you should at least hit $1 per hour of game time.

Just made the Gama Pilebunker.
How the fuck does blast even work? Does it just build up and then deal damage when the meter is full? Like Bleed/Frenzy from Souls?

It works like sleep/paralyze.
It's a status so once you hit the threshold whatever part you hit next blows up. It doesn't tell you when you hit threshold though you just have to hope it goes off when you're hitting a breakable part.

Maybe he wants to be your friend? Maybe he wants to play with you?

>BUT FUCKING THEN
>3U
>Crimson Qurupeco suddenly calls in the good old pickle.
Fuck that quest.

Oh, OK. That's odd.
So it's a meter for the weapon rather than the monster?

Cool, cool. Thanks, user.

Actually blast does have a indicator now albeit subtle. You'll see some sparks fly when nearing the threshold. They also make a small hissing sound.
Forgot to mention that grind wise it isn't too bad besides a few jerks(anjanoth and Vaal Fangs) and the end game drops(gems) but they're kind of your goal for minmaxing for the most part.

Every time you hit the monster with the weapon it takes blast "damage" that isn't actually damage.
Once it takes enough blast "damage" it'll proc blast on the area you last applied blast to. Think of it as a part specific status.

I didn't know that, that's actually really fucking neat.

This
Also I'd recommend trying gunlance. I won't lie, it's clunky and annoying at first but check some videos for how to do combos. It becomes a ton of fun having a nigh invulnerable guard and great sidesteps with b I g damage, all while unloading full chamber on a monster, breaking his whole face and both horns in one smack

How about more monsters and then we can get the loli smith back

Her newest doujin is out of this world.

Gross
Lolishit is offensive and doesn't belong in proper adult Monster Hunter games like world

Gem rarity isn't even what it used to be like in the past now because of investigations. Aim to get a gold box investigation reward. Silver is okay too but not ideal.

>he just bough an Xbone
What a tard.

I barely scraped by Nerg my first time fighting him w/o earplugs, so I figured it was time to do a little farming. After about my fourth bageljuice kill w/o seeing a gem I said fuck it and threw together a ghetto earplug 5 set for the time being. It has absolutely worth the trade off just for peace of mind factor. I don't necessarily think the mechanic is bullshit, I'd just had enough of double roars or Odo zipping in to say hello ruining some golden opportunities.

>get most of my gems from silver rewards
>gold never gives me shit

I'm new to MH too. Played a few hours of 3U, but that's it.
I would really recommend the Lance. I've just started making some 'Guard' armor and it breaks the game. I can just tank almost anything, and with fully upgraded ability I imagine there will be few attacks outside of elder dragon shit that could hurt me.
It's also sonic fast. Feels slow and shit to begin with, but then you get the feel for the lunges and evades, and learn how to use the dash and you're somehow the most mobile weapon class.
>chasing down a monster with the dash
>by the third charge I'm faster than the monster
>if I position right I can just get continuous hits on the monster's anus until my stamina runs out
>can even mount from a dash
I love this weapon.

the only problem is that sometimes hitboxes are fucking weird and shit that hits you upfront will also hit you in the back and you'll take damage

This was my first MH as well, and I'm well over 60 hours almost all solo. I like gear grind games if the mechanics fun, and I'm enjoying this quite a bit. Rent it and try the combat with all the weapons would be my advice.

Yeah I have the end goal of trying every weapon. I plan to become decently efficient with each before moving on to the next to really get the true feel of every weapon.

The gunlance is interesting for sure, I feel it may be fit well after having learned the lance, although I assume their widely different, but still I'll have some basis to go off from the lance.

Thanks for the constructive responses. I am also planning on going backwards through the series, I hate that I have become spoiled in terms of graphics and physics but fortunately I have a strong rule about never letting preference keep me from experience old quality so looking forward to understanding more of the series as I go along.

>he didnt use the HR49 Kirin to farm 10 pages of elder investigations
Not him but I was already HR 60 whwn I read about that.
Do you even get tempered dragons or just threat 1 and 2 from the lightning horse?

>I hate that I have become spoiled in terms of graphics and physics but fortunately I have a strong rule about never letting preference keep me from experience old quality
Graphics and physics don't mean so much but controls on 3DS are pretty hard to get used to.

>Is this game worth it singleplayer?
Finished the whole MHW 'story' and grinded tempered monsters and elders in singleplayer for total of 170 hours so far.
Pretty fun except for bad RNG during annoying grinds.

>I am also planning on going backwards through the series,
This. If anything World has just made me want to go play 4U. I tried out 3U long ago and really wasn't a fan, but I think I'd enjoy it more now that I have an understanding of the systems of the game.

Luckily, controls is the one thing that never hinders me. I always just adapt to the controls to the point where I never adjust any settings except from press or hold to lock on if that's there.

>farm nerg since most of his weapons are the best
>game now expects me to farm investigations for the same 5 tempered monsters
What a shit MH.

What item/functionality do you get for beating the HR100 quest?

Well, I agree, but not for the same reason. The game isn't that hard, but HR is just lazily repeated content from the first half with a few awful new monsters like Nergigante and Bagelgoose tossed in. Gets really tedious with very little incetive to keep going.

>farm nerg since most of his weapons are the best
it's actually quite crazy, how's the nerg SA btw ?

Any HBG users wanna post their armor/skill setup?

Fuck off cunt

Just got the disk out of my ps4, i'm done with it, saw the credits.
Will go hard on the end game on pc, i can't stomach more of it, the framerate is too shit.
Going to resell it while its worth a bit

His weapons are decent and easy to make, but hardly would call them the best.

If you like IG you might want to try that with blast elemental. I ran that for a bit and dear god, was it ever fun. Use the fastest bug you can with blast dust effect. Good times, I hope it's something that remains viable for endgame.

what are the best then ?

god I love watching casuals

wrong. there are a couple of monsters that have some bullshit attacks/hitboxes but for the most part I have felt this game is very fair in terms of how much room you have to avoid shit.
The main problem is the same it has always been: greed. People wanna show off their epic skillz to break off parts or stun the monster and get wrecked. The amount of times people have used the 3 tries in HR rathian fights impresses me. Not even pink, the green one.

yor ps4 might have a problem friend. Mine runs the game fine and it's not even a pro. Sure, it can dip from time to time when I'm online, but that's about it.

Depends on the weapon line. On the SnS line, which I'm most familiar with, even just the normal Bone line of weapons is better than Nergigante's. The final bone SnS weapon does slightly less damage than Nergi's, gives a slight boost to defense, can be awakened to the best Paralysis weapon in the entire game AND it has a level 3 deco slot.

The ultimate Barroth line of SnS does equal damage to the ultimate Nergi weapon, has two level 1 deco slots, could also be awakened to paralysis and also gives some defense.

Best weapons tend to be ones that are on equal footing in damage but come with more / better deco slots.

Or from HR to G rank for the very same reason
Heck there's really no bullshit this time around besides some hitboxes here and there
My biggest fear is that they try to pander to the old fans and bring the true outdated bullshit whose difficulty comes from literal broken hitboxes and bad animation

Oh ok, personally i run a Kirin lance and thunder elemental set. But i wanted to know what's best for the SA as a non elemental tree

Stick to ONE weapon and master it by beating the game with it then actually try other shit, just trying to keep upgrading different trees in one weapon type will take a toll on you at some point in HR, after that you basically try anything once you have high defense armor and can tank some hits

I beat the game with IG and now I'm trying Heavy Bow Gun and I'm slowly moving up in difficulty and having fun, that said I'm learning with a fully upgraded Xeno HBG so that helps

do you have a mixed set for sword and shield? i need some ideas

>The main problem is the same it has always been: greed.
This x 100.
It hurts to admit because I carted for 'just one more hit and then dodge' too many times.
But if you reach tempered Kirin that's the best patience teacher as long as it doesn't make you rage quit.

Make one of every element and actually change gear for different monsters, for fucks sake

I started on 2 and I also failed to Nergigante on my first go, that full spikes divebomb oneshot fucked my ass 3 times.

>ever dying in a high rank MH game

Jesus.

They didn't bring back Gravios or Plesi so I'm hopeful in terms of old bullshit staying where it is.
Ones that I wonder if they'l bring back are the kirin subspecies, tigrex and /or kuga, chameleos, seregios and the fatalis trio.

Hopefully they'll leave out annoying shit like silver los and gold ian, one horned diablos and so on.

>a single level2 gem gives +10 True Raw
What the FUCK was Capcom thinking?

>whaaaa how come that new people who didn't spent 3K+ hours in previous games killing the same shit over and over and over don't know how to play automatically
gee i wonder
also this thread is sorely lacking in 'why did you die to $monster? $monster is easiest monster ever'
woudn't be a MH thread without it

Kirin is awesome in World though they did update it, Chamaleos was actually fun in 4U yes still some things here and there

I just don't want them to just port over bullshit like Rajang whose entire thing is just move around with giant hitboxes and call it difficult

a fair rajang could be interesting to fight considering his mobility would still be a big problem. Otherwise one of the blangongas could be nice.

sorry, my armor set was a shitshow. I prioritized Attack Up and Weakness Exploit since I didn't have much to work with. It's really hard to make any decent mixed set when you're lacking in decorations. That said, get anything with Weakness Exploit and you should be fine. Dragonking Eyepatch + Teostra's beta gauntles give you Weakness Exploit +3. Alternatively you could get Teostra's Alpha gauntles for Weakness Exploit +2 and try to get the +1 from somewhere else (I think one of the 'los armors might have had it) and take another head piece. After those pieces you can just pick whatever you value more. Maybe more iframes to dodging from Legiana is nice, something I considered myself as well.

Diablos.

Why? For some weapons it's negligible at best.

We got us a bad ass here fellas

>cheap deaths

I haven't had any, user. What exactly seems to be the problem?

>Make one of every element
Is the difference noticeable?
Don't want to grind even more if my non elemental weapon hits for 80 and elemental for 83.

I'd do it if the weapons at least looked decent, but they don't, so I just go for the highest raw since that's the most optimal choice anyway. I miss making less optimal weapons and armor sets just because the flavor they came with was so cool.

Just tell your boos that you will play with him

spend so much time upgrading armor.

>next monster makes better armor

>farm Magda to make its armor

>lol nvm High Rank armor is better
>farm High Rank armor
lol nvm u gotta upgrade gems

lol nvm u gotta upgrade weapons
lol nvm u gotta farm consumables
lol nvm u gotta farm for meal buffs
lol nvm that weapon doesnt deal damage on this monster, build and upgrade an entirely new one

Im starting to really hate this game its not as fun as it was in the beggining

come the fuck on anoymouses
waving your e-penis around with inane comments like
>getting hit
>ever
is a staple of MonHun threads

also I hate how the uggliest armor has the best buffs

Not user but I've found some of the deaths to be a little cheap. Like getting kicked over repeatedly before any chance to get up. Or when some monster smashes you with a huge attack you just manage to survive and when you run like hell to heal they jump 200 yards to hit you in an instant

Most if the time I get carted it's my fault because I'm still gitting gud but some times it does feel cheap

>Is the difference noticeable?
No. Even with fast weapons that are better at applying elemental damage, i.e Lance, SnS and DB, I still go for high raw and/or poison or paralysis. Elemental damage was always garbage even with weapons that excel at it.

Dunno if they kept the same system in place in World as I haven't really done much with elemental weapons now, but it used to be that in prior games monsters that were weak vs an element weren't universally weak to it. What I mean is that only certain parts of the monster were weak to their elemental weakness, just as some parts are weak vs blunt or cutting damage, so you had to hit that weak part all the time to get anything out of the elemental damage. Too much work for not much of a reward. This is why I always go for raw if I want to be efficient.

>he doesn't play online
hello?

>and when you run like hell to heal they jump 200 yards to hit you in an instant
Got this few times but then I just stayed focused on the monster instead of just sprinting in some direction. Made things easier.
>Like getting kicked over repeatedly before any chance to get up.
This one's harder. I always mashed buttons to get up as fast as possible but it's like the attacks are timed to finish you off.
Then I learned to stay the fuck down which mostly but not always helps.

>This game stops being fun at normal difficulty for me.
Top fucking kek.
A lot of players only stick to key quests and refuse to explore/gather/complete other quests.

Monsters have some level of input reading so if they are not currently locked in an attack pattern and they see you heal, they'll beeline for you. This is why it's better to wait for them to get locked in some kind of attack, preferably vs someone else / your palico, before healing up. Otherwise it's not safe.

Another tip I can relay to you is that sometimes it's better to not get up as fast as possible. As long as your hunter is laying down, you are invincible and cannot be hurt. This is important to know so you don't get combo'd to death.

Sabagebu was 10/10

Here are my 3 things I actually dislike about World

1: The monsters actually stay/travel through predetermined areas instead of actually following you
>Trailer
>Anja chasing the hunter down all over the map and not slowling down
>Game
>He either gives up to easily or simply follows a path during each quest
The only exception seems to be Rathian and Rathalos and that only happens if they are not the target monsters

Also Balze seems to just be random as fuck on what he does
2: Turf wars are always the exact same outcome regardless of the monster health and not everyone has one

3: There's barely any natural hazards you can trigger

That's it other than that I absolutely love this game

Shoulda picked your points in the game to farm better. Always go for one easy/fun to fight monster early on to make an armor set and do your bounties so you can max it out and that'll carry you to HR. Once in HR spend some time mining so you can make a shitty ore set but at least you have tons of def now. Now choose another easy/fun to fight monster early on in HR to make a set to carry you towards the end where you proceed to make one armor set for most of the end and start farming your endgame sets with.

Also weapon-tree wise just go for a Tobi weapon for progression. Good raw, some affinity, and extra lightning which is either a bonus on some monsters and does strong damage against maybe half the cast kek.

Oh sorry
>Error np103 w1
>Error np103 w1
>Error np103 w1
>Party full
>Failed to join quest
>Error np103 w1
sure is fun
Capcom sure did fuck up some stupid shit with online this time around.

Don't lewd the daughteru

The samey weapons don't bother you?

Holy shit every time I see the majority of bone hammers I get mad.

Who thought this shit was acceptable?

I was used to them because IG, But I understand why other mains are mad, they did went lazy in the weapon design area dunno who got fucked harder though Hammers or HH?

That is actually good to know. I'll try that today when I play again. I have 170 hours into mh3u and about 70 hours into mhw and I've never failed a mission until I meet the damn niggergante.
I'm got the power talon and I'm going to get the defense talon then I'm going back to cut his face off for my underware

>Farming for earth crystals
>Never had to grind for Rathalos plates in MHFU
Much to learn you have, young padawan

MHWorld is the RNG monster hunter. Everything about the endgame is fucking RNG, including even finding a damn quest. The only way to consistently get quests is to set your SOS earch for "Investigations, 9*, rewards available" and then fucking destroy your X button until you the game decides to let you in first before the other 1million+ fucks mashing their X buttons. Tempered investigations fill LITERALLY the second they're put up. If shit was't fucking RNG to even gain the investigations then we wouldn't have this fucking cancerous supply problem. Fucking gooks.

MHTri's online was better on the Nintendo Wii. How did Capcom fuck up so bad. A fucking Wii MH game had better online multiplayer.

>Not Narg stems
Boooooiiiii

>High Rank is hard
>Have not yet experienced G-Rank
You have yet scratched the surface of MonHun yet, boy. Get back to grinding.

If you wanna trivialize the nigger's ohko shit just farm bazel to get Lv5 Earplugs and Guts set bonus.

>3: There's barely any natural hazards you can trigger
I'd say the opposite, there are almost too many. multiple areas in any map have hazards, be it frogs, feline traps, vines, falling rocks, floor traps, etc.

as for turf wars, while I agree that it's a shame they aren't more elaborate,the monsters do still fuck each other up with regular attacks. Raths are pretty good at poisoning shit for you, for instance. Whenever a second monster comes in I just hide and watch as they fireball each other's ass.

How far are you down the upgrade lins for your weapons?
Maybe it's not for everyone but I find interesting the direction they went in this time: early weapons are just bone/metal tools covered in some monster parts for added effect then you upgrade them further and they actually get unique and elaborate designs

See you at work tomorrow jason.

Some monsters just want to get it in your ass regardless of what's going on. Legiana and bagelgoose always try to go at me when they show up regardless of getting fucking wrecked by another monster

It's not as garbage as Deviant hunting in Gen, but it's still pretty out there.

Not all weapons become special on their last/second to last iteration. Some just stay shitty bone blade with scales.
Like the dodogama HH for example.
Traditionally we'd likely get a HH shaped like it's jaw which would likely also sound similar to its roar.
Instead we got bone HH with dod hide on the bottom of it.
Rathalos sns was changed to this generic shit too despite the djinn line being one of the neatest "basic" designs.
Also rooms being shit completely killing finding/making friends especially since we have voice chat now for easier communication than shortcuts.
But nope
SoS for everything
No chat
shortcuts only
Longsword showdown

>reach "end game"
>tempered monsters is just same shit with slightly higher damage
>rewards are literally lootbox style decorations

the no content meme is most certainly true

>The insta disband after a quest
>Ghost town gathering hubs
It hurts

what's the best non elemental lance ? should i go for diablos ?

Probably that or Jagras if I had to guess. Matters what the sharpness and slots are really.

well I don't play HH so I did not know. Then again, maybe they didn't give a shit because of how little HH is played.

speaking of online, I dislike rooms not having the old MH3 online feel with people gathering together, but I still like SoS because it lets you get on with your quest without having to worry, and allows you to join people even if you're alone.
I feel like rooms are more for parties of friends playing together while SoS is the standard "play online with randos" option.

I do wish there were more Turf Wars, and different possible results. Even if it was just a low chance trigger.

Like, what if there was a 1 in 50 chance a Great Jagras would just ruin Anjanath's day during Turf War? That would be amazing.

I need to go back and refresh my farm/bounties/research levels/safari/pet poogie, sorry user.

Nah every weapon tree has this going on, likely capcom demanding all the time going into the story sadly, or otherwise not allotting proper budget or time to the modelling team. It's the main team so they certainly know what they should do so honestly the only thing that makes sense is they were forced to send shit out quick. also rooms are good for what said. Also was a way to build up cards and in turn randos to play with regularly//develop plans to fuck around with.
You ever gone hunting with a team solely devoted to being Beetle Borgs?

>1/100 chance of GJ winning any turf war
>when it triggers he eats the whole monster and becomes zamtrios-tier hueg
>gets elemental properties based on what he ate

Okay thanks, i'll do some testing

Hey guys are these skills good for longsword?
Strategist spectacles alpha
dober mail beta
kaiser vambraces alpha
nergigante coil beta
odogaron greaves alpha
health charm 2

they give:
Attack boost 5
Critical eye 3
Health boost 2
Weakness exploit 2

>1/100 chance of GJ winning any turf war
So basically no one ever would see this because turf wars alone are rare and the 1% win chance basically makes it non existent unless some mustard racer uses Cheat Engine.

for longsword you want some handicraft to keep it sharp famalam. extra damage means nothing if you have to stop your combos to sharpen back up.

If you really want to make the game hard, try killing HR shit while naked and without endgame weapons.

Try killing HR Anjanath with a rarity 5/6 Lance and no armor skills, it's great.

gotta make it rare user, that amplifies the wtf factor when it does happen. plus with thousands of people playing someone would get it eventually.

shut the fuck up Carol, nobody cares

>The monsters actually stay/travel through predetermined areas instead of actually following you
this is really nothing new.

checked

fast sharpening and no sharp losing from odoggo set are pretty good too

This one's my second Monster Hunter game (Had one on the PSP way back), and I completely agree. I went into my first High Rank fight outside the Pukei Pukei feeling all ballsy, and got my ass kicked.

Definitely became more palatable once I got some HR armour.

>implying anybody could find a marshmallow threatening
don't you have a boyfriend to get touched on the cheeks by?

>quivering penis
I can't get enough of this.

>Eats Deviljho
>Deviljho eats his way out
Get you some agitator my boy
And handicraft too, im only lacking it because of missing gems atm.

this is brilliant, I want to see stuff like this.

do you think that bazelgeuse gets embrassed when he drops his scales in front of hunters
sorry if this ofends anyone but i thought it was a funny thing haha

I made this mistake. Ended up with a bunch of alright weapons, and I was doing pitiful damage when I got to High Rank.

Ended up having to do a bunch of farming, got myself a Rathian Longsword, and life got much easier. Even more so when I farmed for the HR version.

I know this is a game... but how do they grow back so fast?

This isn't always a viable strategy, Hammerfag. Tails are retarded resilient, and unless you have literally 2-3 blade weapons on that shit consistently, you'll most likely not cut it off in 4 player hunt.

Meanwhile, horns get BTFO by simple Barrel Bombs on everything but Kushala.

>Eats Deviljho
>Deviljho eats his way out
>SSJGSSJ Rajang comes spinning out of the fucking sky and instakills jho
>his rage mode is ultra instinct/blanco

gotta hit the right spots on the tail. for instance in pink rathian you have to go for the tip.not the middle where you'll bounce.

Gohan calm down this isn't Cred Forums
Yeah just cut tails solo if you need them. Spend 3m chopping that nerg tail, flash him to carve it, head home early. repeat ad nauseam.

>Gohan calm down this isn't Cred Forums
>Gohan
user blanco is true. it has been confirmed it's canon, just not on Gohan.

>Keeping up Appearances image macro
I never thought I'd see the day.

>you must of
Also checked.

Explain to a brainlet like me. I'm only HR 40 right now.

SOS now

How does the affinity minus work ?

There are 2 ways to farm elder investigations:
The rank break quest that user quest mentioned, and a tempered nerg investigation.
The thing is, neither is that "great" but is still better than load screen city that is expedition bouncing.
For the kirin quest to follow him picking up tacks, for nerg you just afk the first 8 minutes then put on your ghillie and pick up 20+ tracks.
You'll likely still only get 1 investigation if you're lucky, even with the scholar skill.
Hope you brought a gun

The current LS build I'm running is:
>Wyvern Blade "Indigo" (15%Affin)
>A mix of full A/B Odogaron armor for some gem slots
>Maxed out Attack Charm
>Vitality Mantle Solo, Health Booster in MP

>1 Critical Eye Gem
>1 Attack Gem
>1 Grinder Gem

>Critical Eye 5/6 (25%Affin)
>Attack 4/6 (+20? Attack, 5%Affin)
>Speed Sharpen 3/3

With all Talons/Charms/Attack Up (L) Food Buff, I end up with:

715-ish Raw
210 Fire
45% Affinity

And because of Odo's sharpen skill, I stay locked into Blue Sharpness forever so long as I literally tap my sword with a whetstone every 5 minutes, or something.

So do you need the nerg/kirin tempered investigations first or do they spawn naturally?

What's the difference between LR and HR monsters?
I fought an HR rathian and it was as easy as a LR rathian
Also what's a good set for pink rathian?
Pls answer

You have a chance of doing less damage.

why do they explode?
why don't his explosive scales hurt him?
why does he turn red, which in turn causes his scales to explode without any external force?

it's vidya dawg, don't think about it, just enjoy the mechanics

what's the 'enrage' mechanic?

I got bored cause nothing can kill me. The fuck are you doing

monsters will enter a rage state where they attack faster, more aggressively, and more accurately. this is usually indicated when they roar in the middle of a fight. when they're in rage you can see little clouds of smoke when they breath, and some monster are more obvious like Bagel who literally expands and starts glowing red when he enters rage.

kirin quest you'll know when you get it. the captain will talk to you upon hitting HR 49.
The nerg one is just any tempered nerg in the recess. Why his quest works too is that he walks back and forth in a single room dropping footprints over and over. Kirinn is because you can follow it(wont engage you) and then you can just "return from quest" when you're bored. Can't do any of those tempered quests until you finish it though, thus locking you out of it.
So basically: Farm kirinn as much as you can manage mentally. Finish it when you have a stack of tempered quests, saving some nerg ones for later farming.
It's when they're pissed, usually noted by a roar and then steam from their nostrils, flaming at the mouth, their aura intensifying, etc. You'll go "ting" with a blue pulse also when it procs. If you're fighting well you'll have the monster pissed for 80% of the fight, so you'll basically always have it on.
With this set it's 55% affinity without it on, something like 70 when it is. But the raw is the most important part.

farm zorah magdaros and make his set
you can look like a fucking badass king while breezing through High Rank

i have no useful gems at the moment. do tempered monsters have a higher chance of dropping better tier (rank6/7) gems?

>tfw i beat tempered kirin on my first try and didnt know about collecting his footprints for investigations

Can I still SOS into peoples and collect them there?

Yes
Tier one is all monsters up to anja and rathian in difficulty
tier 2 includes the "kings" rath, legiana, odogaren, and diablos. This includes their sub species. Also has Uragaan and pink rathian I believe.
Tier 3 is elder dragons.
Tier 2 can drop the highest rank gems and even weapon stones, but at a much rarer rate than Tier 3. Which is why finding tempered elder quests is such a pain as everyone wants in. Shits the worst kind of gangbang.
Same, and yes.

sweet. Good to know. I might even bother to actually help them too then.

Wouldn't that result in potentially the monster you're hunting (like, Rathalos) getting eaten? What would you do then?

So you can mount monsters? How snd is it it worth it?

How do I trigger an investigation on a monster I want to farm?

Clown or No Clown?

How do I stop this bomber airplane fucker from appearing all the god damn time?

This would indeed be great to see. I always feel sorry for the poor guy when he's in a turf war with anything and gets absolutely bodied. Even worse when I'm fighting the other monster and accidentally kill the gjagras instead just because he happened to be in the way.

I've seen different results a couple times.

just don't get hit.

So you can mount monsters?
yes
How sns is it it worth it?
Very

How do I trigger an investigation on a monster I want to farm?
grab its footprints or footprints of another monster in the same map

Clown or No Clown?
clown

How do I stop this bomber airplane fucker from appearing all the god damn time?
you dont

Shoul i forge the diablos switch axe ? shit has like crazy raw damage, but negative affinity

What's the difference between LR and HR monsters?
more health more damage
I fought an HR rathian and it was as easy as a LR rathian
if you know the pattern and its behaviors and can react accordingly then yep that'll be the case
Also what's a good set for pink rathian?
Pls answer
high def with poison nullification
those flips will HURT

Git fucking gud faggot

if you keep the second to last tier Axe Semper Tyrannis you can eventually modify it with 3 affinity which will give it natural +30% affinity cancelling out the -30 and giving you a super high raw damage weapon without any negatives.

Also here's a good video of the damage potential of the Diablos tree switchaxes. It's not optimal which just makes this video even crazier.

youtu.be/Ajl7tcpoevM

What armor has poison nullification?
I have LR doggo armor with zorra's helm and chest and it's starting to feel weak

so it's better to keep that one and moify it to nullify the negative affinity than to go all the way to the end of the tree ?

So to mount you land on a monsters a back mid attack, but then that just starts a rodeo thing where I can't see whats happening. Is that it?

you can refund at will but only the lower ones can give you 3 slots for modification

some math will probably need to be done because the demon axe at the end of the tree will only have 1 slot so that's still -20% affinity and thats usually not good

Maybe it can be evened out with skills like nonelemental damage and such. I'm not sure though, needs some experimentation.

pukei if i recall
or make a charm you can make those now
lr is shit in hr, even the hr pukei will serve you better though best is usually a full zorah magdaros

keep in mind the affinity augment is only +10% for the first attack, then it's +5% so it would be +15% for most of the fight

still better than raw for most weapons

>last week farming kirin azure horn
>get around one every two hunts
>today, don't need to farm anymore, do a random kirin hunt
>5 azure horns
Well, fuck you too.

so grinding for hard investigations is literally the end game content?

Where's the SOS mate?

Pretty much.

wait 3 slots doesn't mean you get +30?

aw shit. i may have been misinformed then and now i question what my own goals are now

If you want to grind for them, sure.

I just do SoS shenanigans.

Yeah that's what i'm trying to figure out, if at the end the raw damage alone can make it for the affinity issue and if yes, how big is that diiference

desire sensor strong

affinity is still the way to go for most weapons, even if it's only 5% because you would be using weakness exploit and shit like that so negative affinity doesn't really mean shit

what about attack or life leech?
i remember life leech being good in 4u is that still the case?
i know def is never good unless you really really need it which you shouldn't and also slots is only good if you have the decos

You mash triangle until the monster falls over. If the monster attempts to knock you off, either brace with R2 or move to a different part by flicking the analogue stick.

No, HR Elder Dragon's are the end game, Tempered Monsters is just post game bonus content to min / max as you see fit. Monster Hunter isn't an MMO, and the fact that they still provide a carrot on a stick for you once you've finished the game is just icing.

how is this any worse than grinding GQs to 140 for random relics?

I've never used life leech

Attack is useful for some weapons, Someone already did the math and I think the general rule is that if your weapon has more than 190 true damage, you go for affinity instead.

there's math involved
you know a crit is 25% more damage while a "negative crit" is 25% less. you know the axe will negative crit 30% of the time then just calculate over a "battle" will that ultimately negate all the raw that it has. there's a formula for affinity to determine what weapon or affinity is better. forgot what it was though

Well was it a capture or a hunting quest?

How easy is it to reach 190? How much do AtkUpL food and demon drug and demon powder give?

This is not true at all.

Affinity augments have diminishing returns, only the first one is 10%, then it drops to 5%. You also cannot augment something if it isn't the final upgrade.

Diablos weapons are crazy good though, but not all of them are the best for raw damage. I haven't worked out SA damages, but for example the Jaggras GS ends up being the highest raw damage.

>Guy is interested in a game and is getting consensus before he buys it
>WOW WHAT A FUCKING JACKASS
Sounds like you're the one who should be washing dishes.

That's because GS has no Diablos line. Jaggras ends up better than Nerg, not Diablos.

I have triple life leach on my lance to test it out, it's okay. I get a potion of healing every 6 hits or so.

So, Jaggras is better then Nerg, but not as good as Diablos, which doesn't exist? Or do you mean the SAs? Because yes, as far as I known if your weapon has a Diablos line, it's going to be the best for raw.

trog.zone/hunter-helper/

here's a weapon damage calculator

>Thread starts out with negative feedback but still isn't posted in meme form
>Cred Forums turns the thread into actually talking about the game, comparing notes and sharing videos
This is how I know it's a good game. Now I just have to wait until the PC release.

Wow thanks a million man, apparently diablos swaxe is really THAT good, at least for the axe semper tyrannis rarity 6 ,233 atk

I was bummed out because I augmented Karma (Odo's LBG) for Attack instead of affinity but after running calcs I can confirm this is right Karma has 234 raw (180 true damage) and 30% affinity which is 194 final attack. The affinity augment gives me 198 final attack for the first attack (+10% affinity) and 196 for every other attack (+5%). The attack augment gives me +6 raw which is 199 final attack.

I guess affinity is better for most weapons but attack is better overall for legiana and odogaron weapons.

my fisrt tempered vaal, 3 players including me , fails at 6 carts, the others each die 3 times the last close to monster health because they refuse to heal and just keep attacking.
sometimes i get really good teams, and it justs boogles me how can there be so much difference.
I'm not perfect but at least I rarely cart

You cannot augment the rarity 6 Diablos SA. You need to make the final version, the Axe of Demons.

He can one shot with his beam if your defence is low, but besides that he's basically just a punching bag. Just do him solo or find good players.

People here defending the absolute disaster of gameplay and artifical difficulty this shit is
>g-git gud

>DUDE JUST GRIND MORE

No thank you.

>artifical difficulty
People really have difficulties playing this game? It's pretty easy.

>retarded Cred Forums hyperbole but not a single argument
>calling MHW artificial difficulty when it's easiest most accessible MH game
You don't really need to gid gud, try pulling your head out of your ass for starters.

No, shut up, you're gonna jinx it-- oh fuck, too late.

I haven't carted to much until tempered elders showed up. The Elders are just flat out unfun to fight in this game, mountains of tedium and inflated damage. I had a blast up until here though.

I am about to beat the game without using any armor. I'm running out of things to do to challenge myself.

You only get treat 3 tempered investigations, nothing else.

Just carried three dorks through Red and Blue Crew because the host was off somewhere fighting Rathian and the other two were so confused that they were split between Azure and Red Rathalos respectively. Beat the shit out of Azure, let him leave for now. Beat the shit out of red, drop a boulder on him, trap and tranq cuz I'm not so big into spite that I'd deny these scattered newbies carves. Then finish beating the shit out of Azure. I'm out of flashbombs by this point because I'm apparently the only one who brought any, so I use peg a flashfly with a redpelt, Azure crashes to the bottom of the big hollow tree, I jump down, mount, kill him with the gunlance mount finisher.

Upside, I felt like a massive badass. Downside, the three newbies probably didn't learn a damn thing. Well, there was one Charge Blade bro who at least had the presence of mind to follow the one person who seemed to know what was going on.

>I'm not so big into spite that I'd deny these scattered newbies carves.
that's the kind of attitude i respect, you gotta work for them carves

LOL

High Ranking is where the game starts, low ranking was just the turorial.

Can someone explain hbg and lbg

Their trees have no elements because the there is elemental ammo?

Yes, that's right. Obviously some guns would be better with some elements than others.

Jagras is better in terms of Raw Damage as it can benefit from the damage-up armor set skill of Diablos (only applies to Nonelemental Weapons, and Nerg has Dragon), but Nergigante has both High Elderseal+Dragon Damage, which is going to make it preferable for Elder hunts if you're solo.

I'm sure you took care of two hp bloated monsters all by yourself. Nice job "carrying" them, if everyone but you is so bad why don't you just play alone like every autistic monhun.

wait, how the fuck do you people get hunter ranks that high? do optional quests? i'm on the tempered elders right now and i'm still HR 14

How does it feel to know that you're literally getting carried?

You're probably the guy who had full xenojiva set and DB and carted 2 times in Puke-puke earlier today.

I prefer raw damage. I just use the non elemental boost decoration. I don't use GS much anyway I was just saying what the highest raw is for GS.

>tfw no sauce still

>i'm on the tempered elders right now and i'm still HR 14
Why would you lie on the internet?
Unless you do the HR50 Tempered Kirin quest you can't access level 3 threat tempered dragon investigations.

you're projecting

Fuck me, I forgot there was a deco for it; haven't had it drop in my game yet and I've been farming Tempered Vaal. And if I remember right, Jagras actually has less RAW than a Nergigante weapon before Weapon-Stone upgrades; something around 912 vs 1000 for Jagras v. Nerg, but dumping the upgrades into attack+using non-elemental brings Jagras' RAW up higher

exhentai.org/s/571c346e32/1129960-1

That's correct. Non elemental is a 10% boost, so it's pretty good. I just got a Mind's Eye deco which I had no idea was in the game, not sure what to do with it now though, maybe put it on my lance set.

Hm. Alright, allow me to break this down. Even in multiplayer, if there's a multi-monster hunt, those monsters are made of paper. And I did mention a Charge Blade user who was shadowing me the entire time, and he was a massive help. Even cut the tail off of Rathalos. So yeah. I didn't say they were bad, I said they were new. Everyone was new at some point, and I refuse to begrudge them that. Being *bad* would be triple carting in six minutes. Getting lost and confused by several similar looking monsters in a big map? That's new. Not bringing a fuckton of flashbombs to a Rath fight? That's new. You can believe whatever you want, though.

Fat.

He hears the term tempered elders so much he thinks all elders are tempered. He has no fucking idea that tempered elders do like 3x more damage.

>doing tempered elders at HR 14 when quest conditions clearly state HR 50 or higher
Now would be a good time to post you were only pretending to be retarded.

When is this shit out on PC again?

if you gear up properly you can beat anything solo. I do agree that some HR monsters are just plain unfun to fight though. Uragaan, A.Ratholos, Diablos and the Elder Dragons feel like monsters designed to waste your time and deal out cheap deaths.

THEY said autumn.

wonderful

I think most of the fights feel pretty fine with any weapon. The only monster that irritates me is fighting Kushala in melee because of his wind aura. And Vaal Hazaak is kind of borning, he's basically a big sponge.

What are the skills or armor set gunlance uses?

>i'm on the tempered elders right now and i'm still HR 14
No you're not. Those are normal elder dragons and your hunter rank is locked to 14 or 15 till you defeat Seath the scaleless so don't bother with e-penis waving. Everyone who finished story mode went through same monsters at same hunter level because that game locks it that way.

Sauce?

13 posts above yours.

>2nd easiest MH game (P3rd is still easier)
>People still have problems with it

what is wrong with the xenojiiva armor sure its not the best set, but its not total crap some of the skills are alright and its got a bunch of slots so you could throw some other stuff on it

Arty and guard are solid. If you are using a FB GL then phial up, though phial up can be good for any of the GL types. The Odo set bonus that stops sharpness decreasing is real fucking good for GL because of how quickly you chew through sharpness, if you are going for that you should also go for speed sharpener.

>Elder Dragons feel like monsters designed to waste your time and deal out cheap deaths.
have you ever tried to kill a fuckin KIRIN with Dual blades ? i tried ..... never again

I think you missed the point of that post.
Nothing's wrong with the armor.
Only thing that hurts that it needs like 1240 armor sphere points for each piece when you augment it during endgame.

>Vaal Hazaak is kind of borning, he's basically a big sponge.

Yeah, Vaal really isn't very dangerous when he attacks normally, but his miasma status spam is the worst. Nulberries fix it, sure, but you're still down half health.

Just build his boots if you don't have Miasma Gems. If you have Miasma gems he's the easiest fight in the game, even Tempered

I have 2 versions of all of my armor sets. The alt versions have 3 miasma decos to stop that shit.

Get Efluvia resistance level 3 from his armor or gems.
If you care about conserving potions while farming him also get 3 pieces of his armor for that sweet sweet HP regen.
The sound of that skill procing will drive you mad though.

I had that set plus divine protection 3 deco'd in. The procs while fighting him drove me nuts.

To make up for the lack of challenge. They replaced actual difficulty with artificial difficulty. Without that bullshit veteran hunters wouldn't cart once.

Maybe once you get full end game gear nigger

>can't adapt to new circumstances
>but it wasn't so in older games so it's BAAAAAAD
>i'm a veteran i only cart because unfair bullshit never through mu own fuck ups
lel

Do you talk to all of your appliances?

Can you block Nergigantes dive bomb?

Now I want to try.

Yes.

This.

Tempered Elders are capable of horseshit there they roar and then follow up with a super dangerous attack directed right at you. Shit, they don't even have to be Elders. I died to Tempered Anjanath last night because he did his super flame burp attack with almost no warning during the ONE moment that I was reloading and couldn't dodge.

I tried blocking it with a GS the first time i fought nerg

Still got one-shotted

Explain how getting stunned then killed in one hit at full health is in any way fair or good game design, and how one can adapt to that.

You can block it. Even with no guard and using a GS, but it's still going to hurt a bunch with a GS. You might not be able to block it if the actual dive hits you as it's a double hit and you'd need some points in guard to be able to block it fully.

Some of the end tier monsters can do this. It's also why earplugs is a skill.

The worst part of MHW is that my favorite guild card title, "Major Letdown," isn't an option anymore.

>Some of the end tier monsters can do this
So?

>It's also why earplugs is a skill
Requiring the player to use a skill specifically for one monster is balancing the game around an optional feature, therefore bad game design.

You don't have to. You can use mantles. You can bring a hunting horn with ear plugs. There are options, you just don't want to use them. You could wear armour boosting your hp.

I use the Xeno set bonus with Legiana HBG for infinite Pierces

I'd say the monsters became much more aggressive, the thing is most veteran players have their moves down to a fucking science and having access to controls that don't cause carpal tunnel makes it feel even easier. Barroth for example is much more fast-paced and aggressive than how he was in 3U, and is a bit closer to his Tri appearance.

The real change they made that makes them seem easier is the fact with mounts and improved build-up of stagger/knockdown means anyone who knows how to handle most monsters already will have them locked in a loop of general defenselessness.

>wtf why do I have to think??? I want to make one set of armor and just steamroll my way through the game.
It's unfair that the fire resistance armor doesn't also have all the other elemental resistances. Why can't my hammer cut tails? I don't want to have to change my playstyle just so I can get different monster parts!

I believe blocking with a GS pretty much only adds defense to your total defense. I blocked it once when I fought it for the first time and got some significant damage, not one shot because I actually took the time to upgrade my armor to the max, then after a long while I fought it again with a much better armor and defense buffs and blocking only dealt very minor damage to me.

If you're getting one shot by Nerg's dive, even when blocking then that's probably because you're not using a high defense armor.

It's all optional features, you faggot. A player should be able to kill a monster without relying on them. Because of their optional nature, you can never be sure a player is going to use them and so you can never balance things around them, it's a basic design rule that World breaks when even XX with its arts and styles didn't.

Nice strawman there retard, can't even understand the argument properly, feel free to never post again, subhuman.

You don't have to rely on them. Monster Hunter is about learning what a monster is capable of and overcoming it. You don't need earplugs or flash bangs to beat Teostra, but if you don't have them you are taking on the extra risk.

>You don't need earplugs to beat Teostra
For tempered Teostra in World, yes you do. It can kill you in one hit at full health after a roar if you're a gunner, a far reaching, strong roar no less.

BING BING WAHOO!

>Sitting one cave over with Pierce3 out of range of anything or everything he can throw at me

Not if you eat for elemental resist large and have fire resist armour, or just have extra health from armour.

Good thing I'm not the only one that's not having fun anymore
Plus maybe cause I don't have any friends

It's still a guaranteed hit for those who choose to not use that playstyle.

See the first reply of this post.

>dying to tempered teostra
>getting one shot by tempered teostra
pfft

How many times do you expect people to fall for the Divine Blessing meme?

What's the best way to farm stuff to meld into dung bombs?

>this

I ate a bunch of Nerg dives because of the wonky ass hitbox (seriously what's the actual trajectory on that thing?) but was still able to come out on top because I took the time to grind out good armour.

Really HR can go 1 of 2 ways. Either you try and rush it and get 3 carted constantly wasting time, or you spend time grinding and make good armour and get through the encounters relatively easily. Either way I feel like the game slows to a crawl once you get past the Pink Rathian.

I only died because it killed me with a guaranteed, unavoidable attack after roaring, how many times do i have to repeat myself?

First hit is with both divine blessing and elemental res L, second one is without either. With elemental res L alone you shouldn't take more than 100 damage and assuming you got at least 10 hp bonus from food it's impossible to die to him in one hit from full health.

If you have good enough defense and heal to the max constantly that will literally never happen unless you're a shitter.

I blocked one earlier with lance and guard+3 with power guard and I still took 50% damage

it was tempered though

"Lootbox style decorations"
So random drops?

Worse.

Yes but if you don't mix 'lootbox' in there somewhere Cred Forumstards won't start frothing at their mouths immediately.

High-rank is where the real game begins.

Upgrade your armor defense and use an armor potion and you won't get one shotted.

The game really needs a G rank asap.

NOOO, UPGRADING YOUR ARMOR DEFENSE AND DRINKING POTIONS AND USING OTHER BUFFS ARE SECONDARY (((OPTIONAL))) FEATURES OF THE GAME, I SHOULD BE ABLE TO DEFEAT EVERY END GAME BOSS BY USING THE BARE MINIMUM OF THE MECHANICS BECAUSE USING ALL THAT SHIT IS TOO COMPLICATED FOR MY LOW IQ BRAINLET SO I THINK THIS GAME IS BAD BECAUSE I GOT ONE SHOT BY SOME POST GAME "HARDER THAN THE END GAME VERSION" BOSS WITHOUT USING THE THINGS THE GAME EXPECT ME TO USE SO I'M GOING TO SHITPOST ON Cred Forums ABOUT HOW BAD THIS GAME IS WHILE PRETENDING TO NOT BE A SHITTER btw I use ranged weapons :^)

what content could they add to make the end game more fun?

i wonder would you happen if you put 30 monsters on a map and had a party of 10 hunters to kill them all

To do double or triple Tempered quests do you have to use weapons the monster is weak to?

Doesn't matter. It's still an unavoidable hit and still shitty game design.

>when you're apparently the only one in the party to ever use demondrug+armorskin

It's not even an MHW thing, this seemed to always happen in 4U/X, do people just hate free buffs?

Not him but I'd really like to see a boss rush mode in the arena. Put 50 minutes as time limit and then spawn a HR Great Jagras and then after you kill it spawn the next big monster and so on. A scoreboard showing how many monsters you killed would be nice too.

>triple Tempered quests
Since those are elder dragons using weapons with dragonseal is good.

custom quest maker, You can set up to 5 monsters of any type, on any map, any time limits, and go nuts, want to fight 5 black diablos, or 5 Nergis, why not

>Being this mad he lost the argument
Its ok user, we're not all winners.

Unless you use earplugs. Or you could be actually good at the game and roll the roar, that works too.

>unavoidable hit
I know you're trolling at this point but people could actually believe that you can get hit by a monster when it's roaring so let me clarify this, when a monster roars you cannot move, that is true, however the monster can't move also! Shocking news right? So, next time you see a monster roar and you know it's going to attack you afterwards just roll out of the way as soon as it stops roaring, easy right?

Hey, so, this question has bugged me for a while. Does all damage on a tail accumulate toward a part break with only the last hit being slicing required to sever or is it ONLY slicing that accumulates a part break? I've tried googling it but I don't know if my search terms were bad or something because I never could find a straight answer.

Just do bounties and then you can meld what you need

I'm not agreeing with that guy. He got hit, it's his fault for not being prepared.

But, the roar from some monsters places you in a stun for longer than the monster roars for, then the monster can sometimes get a free hit in. Teostra is a good example of one of the monsters that can do that. That said there are a ton of skills and items and weapons that can prevent that from happening.

You get stunned for longer than the roar animation for Teostra. If you get stunned and he decides to use a strong move on you, there LITERALLY nothing you can do.

Why not run earplugs?

Right. Forgot that if you don't make connections like that, the mouth breathers here won't reply to it

Has Phil played Mon Hun yet?

>it's his fault for not being prepared
couldn't agree more
Honestly maybe I'm wrong and I'll admit that, I never noticed that and I never really had any trouble with teostra outside of the first time I fought it while speeding through HR to get better gear. I stack so much fire defense and elemental res I just hug his face and steamroll him.

Earplugs Armour. Rolling the roar. Armour with evasion to roll the roar super god damn easily. A horn with earplugs. Any of the weapons with a shield to block the roar. Eating for elemental resist. Armour with high fire resist.

How many options you want? You fucking died because you weren't prepared. Get over it. It's a tempered elder dragon, a monster that you have already fought and know what it is capable of, and now deals extra damage.

Should I keep playing MH4U past high rank or start XX

He doesn't always do it. A lot of the time he'll just reposition. But he can become enraged, roar and do that turning blast explosion in a line. But it's avoidable with so many things and shouldn't be a one shot if you're prepared for the fight anyway.

I prefered 4U a lot more than the Gen games. Gen was the first time I thought monhun games made a weird side grade version of the game. Instead of just improving with each version. It's not a bad game, but I would expend 4U before moving onto the Gen games.

keep playing mh4u

>that windup
you have to PURPOSELY put yourself in there in order to even get hit by the nova. Why the fuck is the windup so long?

I wonder how many quest fails I'm going to get on my guild card because I keep killing a monster I'm supposed to capture because it's enraged and trying to hit me and I can't tell if it's weak or not because the little skull doesn't pop up.

Finish 4U then move on to XX.

That's exactly what I did there, I even had the time to sheat and wait for it to blow up. I used to block that but now when I farm him I either just walk away or roll towards him to eat it because it's faster, doesn't do much damage and I don't lose sharpness.

Thanks, I'll exhaust 4U first then. Super excited to play World once I have the money for it, even threads like these about how much of a drag endgame is are still getting me all hype.

In previous games there was no capture skull at all. You just got to feel it out, if you have beat the shit out of something just back off and see what it does or try a trap.

You can tranq the monster briefly in advance so you can set the trap and if he becomes capturable during the trap you get him. If not you get a free beat down on the monster. Don't be afraid to use traps to test if something is ready to be trapped or just get loads of free hits.

>Dodogama is a piece of cake
>get carted by low rank Diablos

Normies dislike this game because you can't underestimate an enemy like most games.

I guess I've become over-reliant on the skull and I've been simultaneously underestimating my damage. I had a gut feeling when fighting the Diablos I was meant to capture but wrote it off because I wanted to cut his tail and I didn't think I'd kill him in sub-five. Should have gone with my first mind.

You guys are missing the point. What I'm trying to say is it's bad game design for a game to require a player to use an optional feature to avoid an otherwise guaranteed attack. The problem isn't that Teostra can 1 hit kill you, the problem is that it can 1 hit kill your with an unavoidable attack. It doesn't matter if you can tank the attack with enough resistance or avoid it with earplugs, all of those are optional features, things that a game shouldn't be balanced around.

The only other other option is to roll through the roar, which I'm not sure if its possible to do on Teostra, since a lot of the stronger roars in 4U you can't roll through, but even if you could, the i-frames are very small and it's unreasonable to expect an average to be able to pull it off consistently, especially on Teostra's weird roar animation, most players can't. Monster Hunter has never been balanced around the small amount of I-frames either, it has always been something good players were able to use to speed up their hunts.

>building an armor set for a specific elemental resistance is different than building an armor set for a monster that roars a lot
You can't be serious.

>game mechanic
>optional feature
I'd tell you to fuck back to Cred Forums but only now I realized I'm in the wrong tab. Can't believe I even wasted my time with you.

>It's unfair that I have to use the mechanics of the game
The progression of Monster Hunter IS the gear crafting. If you don't want to craft gear that has useful skills for the hunts, that's your problem. But it is absolutely not imbalanced. The entire point of the game is constructing strategies and loadouts to overcome monster abilities. Stacking important skills on armor is a core part of the game.

Why can't you just block the roar if you can't roll it? Like those are your defensive options in the game man. If you aren't good enough to time rolls, you can get skills to make it easier. And if you still aren't good enough to time rolls then there are a bunch of weapons that can block.

I don't know what you want here? Every monster to be beatable with no armour skills or items? Why? And they are, you just have to be skilled to do so. If you aren't skilled enough they have many ways to make it easier.

Demondrug/Armorskin don't stack with food buffs.

Fuck.

>all of those are optional features, things that a game shouldn't be balanced around.
Not one of the anons you're replying to but are you really trying to say that game should be balanced about some retard who goes naked with unupgraded starter weapon against the endgame monsters?
If you consider stacking resistances 'optional' I hope you're not going to make some metal gymnastics and pretend upgrading gear isn't.

Not him but I'm pretty sure they do. They only don't stack with nitro/parashrooms.

Is there some reward for finishing all optional quests?
I mean besides the mantles and harvest space.

a trophy.

Kushala and Teostra are such awful, terrible fights that they shouldn't even exist.

Can a level 1 shield on HBG block roars? I've never tried it before but it might be worth throwing a shield on if it works.

Get the most out of MH4U. I'm not a fan of gen desu

Why? They are pretty easy and I actually enjoy fighting both.

How can you possibly enjoy them, especially Kushala Daora, unless all you do is throw 13 flash bombs?

Rainbow pigment and the only quest that give commission tickets.

They were fun in 4U before World ruined them.

A lot of people really hate fights where the monster can control a large area of the map at once.

And a guild card backround. It's not worth going for if you don't want it. Image is the backround if you want to see it.

It can, be you'll recoil quite a lot depending on the roar, but it'll still be better then suffering through the roar animation.

If you use same max-DPS set for 99.99% of fights and have to use certain defensive sets for 0.01% of fights, that's not "entire point of the game is constructing strategies and loadouts to overcome monster abilities".

Yes, I spam flash bombs when he starts flying but other than that it's a pretty comfy fight with me stunlocking the everliving shit out of him.

That doesn't happen unless you're playing online.

What the fuck are you hunting if Earplugs are only worth it for 0.01% of your hunts, nerd. That's how armor skills work; plenty are useful for most hunts; there's plenty in World that Earplugs are nice to have against, but certain like Teostra where it's a much greater boon. You should be weighing what decorations and armor skills to bring for EVERY fight.

Gotta wait and see. Maybe he'll just actively seek out the player and you would have to hide to avoid him, that could be interesting.

Kushala isn't that bad. You can just flash him out the air, and unless it's in his nest in the recess with 50 tornados, it's not an issue.
Teostra is really boring though. He's like a Nerg with less moves and an annoying DoT.

>that could be interesting
Not if he's like B52.

Lots of fights where earplugs is free damage yes, but apparently only one where it's mandatory to not get hit.

You know, I think people would hate the Handler a lot less if she were more active in your hunts. Like, say, the Serious Handler during the Zorah Magdaros quest, the first one. She wingdrakes in, hands you some supplies, runs off. If the Handler did that, handing you supplies based on the hunt you were doing (flashbombs during Rathian/Rathalos, or max/ancient potions) then she'd feel a lot more like a teammate and partner and people wouldn't be so quick to dismiss her.

This argument would hold some water if every monster, or at least all the end game ones, had some sort of attack that could only be avoided by using certain skills, but this isn't the case. Teostra is the only monster in the game that has a guaranteed hit on you if you don't have the correct armor skills or weapon.

Nergigante fight was a climax, rest of the elders are dull in both plot-wise and gameplay.

You can position yourself such that a roar's followup won't hit. Getting good at the game is primarily about being places that the monster's attacks won't be

I almost miss Alatreon
Definitely miss Valphalk and Shagaru Magala

No, there are monsters other than Teostra who can get a single hit in while you're still recovering from the roar. Vaal Hazak for when, when he does his move where he roars while rearing up, then falls down on top of you. Pretty sure Rathalos as well. Teostra is just the one who has the capability of hitting the absolute hardest while you're stunned by the roar.

>waahh I got hit by uragaan's chin attack after he made the ground shake
>what a stupid game design
>did they really expect me to use tremor resistance
fuck off already you turbo retard.

Not really involved in this argument but Vaal Hazaak's enrage roar only hits you if you're standing directly underneath him. It's literally just him falling on you. That's not really a followup attack.

Have to fight a Negrogante next.
I'm with a Doggo set, but with Zorah waist and Baan helm (tremor resistance lv3), and with a Barroth Breaker I.
Any tips on stuff I should be changing?

His tremor shit is even worse or I don't know what it is, but it makes you cower and tumble around for what feels like 10 seconds, so easy for Teostra to teleport into you with his lightspeed leap

They don't, only Might/Armor Seeds stack with food buffs, which is why they use those for speed kills.

It's still a hit that punishes you for being over-aggressive/overly close; it does damage+applies a good chunk of effluvium buildup if you don't have 3 ranks of miasma-resist

Nergy. Is literally the only monster who I felt robbed by on deaths. Vaal too once with some nonsense nowhere near me. But otherwise everything else is fine. Ratholos/Rathion can be slightly annoying but not enough to kill.

All you have to do to make HR LR before EDs is to upgrade your armor.

don't get hit

hit his spikes until they break

>melding
>ever producing anything other than rage-induced aneurysms

One guess as to how I know you either are lucky enough to win the lottery 10 times in a row or haven't actually used that function.

I actually got Earplugs, Brace and Sharpening gems out of Melding today and yesterday. I've probably used up all my luck for the rest of the year.

With a blademater weapon? That's pretty much impossible since the roar comes out with little warning and no weapon is fast enough to get out if its huge range on time. For gunner weapons its more reasonable, but the roar is still unpredictable and teostra has a lot ranged moves.

It has a huge tell and you can avoid it by staying away from its face. Stop embarrassing yourself.

Why do stuns seems so common in this game? I know don't get hit but at times I'll get hit once and be stunned then regardless of how little I get hit be stunned right away again. Whereas trying to stun and KO the monsters with hammer might as well be an uphill climb wearing stone shoes.

I'd say the only depressing part is getting wrecked by invaders who use meta tactics and maximised builds.

Which is quite common since half of the game's audience is people who play more for the challenge than for the immersion.

>It has a huge tell and you can avoid it by staying away from its face
You do realize you are pretty much replying to your own retardation here right? Or is your IQ so low you can't even realize it?

See

Stuns are built up rapidly if you get hit multiple times in a short duration, it doesn't matter how insignificant the actual damage is. And if you're not getting at least two KOs with a hammer per hunt, maybe try reevaluating if you're actually hitting the head or the neck.

They shouldn't nerf slash ammo that much, now bow-gun became complete lesser DPS weapon of bow.

>well, since I paid for ps+ I might as well give online a try
>join some SOS flares
>just before monster is dead people cart and quest fails
every single time

It's called positioning; keep yourself in spaces where it won't hit. Same shit as Rath. And generally the roar comes out either after a stagger or a slightly longer period of idleness, so there are tells.

I get the insta disband, but they really REALLY missed something when they made gather hub the only way to see other players.
Why not have the workshop and trading hub be filled with other players and hunters? There are like, 5 fiver hunters that walk in the same paths.

>>just before monster is dead people cart and quest fails
Yeah, sounds about right.

Oops, thought this was a Souls thread just because the OP art looked alright compared to the ghastly ugliness of the actual game.

user...Blanco is now canon.

Mhw has about as much variety as the original mh and Tri and those games were still way better

Ok that'd explain why I get stun a lot. I do take a lot of minor hits but they're insignificant most of the time. As for hammer I'm playing as I always have in other Monster hunters and I used to be able to KO shit twice. I have Max earplugs, max focus, max slugger, max tremor resistance, full Diablos 4 set piece bonus, and using the Diablos hammer. In my mind I should be ko'ing just fine.

Just curious, are you confusing Teostra's roar with Teostra activating it's Elder Dragon aura? Because those are two different things and one's stun lasts quite a bit longer than the other.

>need 2 rathalos carapace to make HR Rathalos armor
>go on 1 bronze, 2 silver investigation
>get 1 carapace, 1 plate and 3 rubies
Well, fuck you game.

Who here /shoryukenbois/?

>Need one more of item X.
>Fight monster like 3-5 times.
>Finally get item and 3 extra.
Fuck you game.

>Use lucky voucher.
>Monster attains a power the likes of which mortals haven ever seen.
>Ten times more aggressive.
>Hits like twelve trucks duct taped together.
>Fail
>Try again with no voucher.
>Win with no trouble.
Seriously fuck you.

Insulting me won't make you win the argument. Stop embarrassing yourself.

And where would those spaces be? I just fought Teostra again and the only times I didn't get hit after the roar was when the RNG decided to not use an avoidable attack.

Both are roars that use the same animation. It's still inexcusable that it stuns you for that long, especially since the aura activating roar is more unpredictable.

>Need one more of item X.
>Fight monster like 3-5 times.
>Finally get item and 3 extra.
Holy fucking shit, this so much. I needed 2 freezer sacs for my Snowfletcher and I didn't get any in 4 Legiana. Then, I got 5 in a single quest. Annoying as fuck.

This happened to me with vaal hazak talons and fangs. Luckily i enjoy fighting zombie dragon

Stop being bad.

They'd both be fine without the near-instant short roar interrupt that somehow stuns you for like 10 fucking seconds despite lasting less than 1s itself, and I'd prefer Kush's body wind actually be both behave consistently and have a reasonable indicator that its even active. Kush would still be a raging niggerfaggot because some traditions shouldn't be abandoned but at least both would be fair without explicitly forcing you to run earplugs5 or eat shit at random through poor game design.

Otherwise I actually find Teo to be the fairest and most fun it's ever been and generally a treat to experience.

Tremor beyond any active impact or terrain distortion has always been bullshit; the attacks unsettle you not break both your femurs for 10 seconds. The only reason its ever an issue is that apparently Hunters are too dumb to not only just trip and stand back up to get on with their lives but also to realize the quake effect ended literal seconds ago and they can stop selling the effect. Capcom keep exaggerating the effect in each new game trying to legitimize it or something but it just makes them look like incompetent tits.

What ammo for HBG is worth using now that Slashing is nerfed?
I really miss having Siege Mode for HBG. It's just not the same without it.

this desu

t. plesioth

But if I get an Attack up S in the canteen, demondrug will get me to M or L, right?

>MH3U back when it came out.
>Hunting for Black Diablos armor set.
>Literally kill over 100 Diablos/B.Diablos for items.

I knew I killed that many because I checked how many I had killed over all. Now I don't mind hunting them down because they're usually good hammer sets and thinning their fucking numbers makes me happy. Fucking assholes.

Frontier has elder dragon roars that make your hunter fall to the ground spazzing out like fish for eternity so i wasnt surprised.

Can you get the SF stuff without SF save data? I wanna hadouken my barrel bombs but I suck at fighting games and wouldn't get my money's worth out of buying SFV.

On totally different subject, does anyone know what's up with fishing in Elder's Recess?
The fish just keep gettin away the moment I start to reel them in.

>instead of getting stun comboed to death its just straight up 1-shots.

Are you guys using the appropriate armor? Some monsters have attacks that don't have elements attached.

Wait for them to bite and don't reel when they just nip at the bait? It's the same everywhere.

I do that, of course I know how basic fishing works, and then do the proper bite and the moment i reel in, they just leave. I almost could claim that something is bugged for me, as their behavior is just so janky.

...actually never mind. During writing this I figured out that I'm a idiot and was pressing wrong button. Fishing is too hard for me, clearly.

Citing "but Frontier"as a counterpoint to this or that thing is the MH version of invoking Godwin's Law. You're better than that, we all are.

>Cred Forums tells me to use SOS flare when I get a Zorah quest to share the rewards
>since it's an easy mission I think why not
>3 players join, everything going fine
>get to last phase
>same guy carts twice
>go check wtf he's doing
>he's trying to attack Zorah with his IG from the barricade
>another players keeps healing him in despair
>still carts for the third time
I used a fucking voucher for this, litteraly a day wasted thanks to this asshole.

Btw, does Anjanath Gem drop only from gold reward?

Je suis Monté!

Im just telling you that it wasnt the first time Capcom added retarded long negative effects, just that it could be worse.

I'm the guy who said 2-3 shots, which is 100% honest. In 4U I had Gog armor and I still was brought down to a third of my health constantly, by just about all the later G-Rank monsters.
If you don't ever heal, its about 2-3 hits from whatever monster's stronger attacks.

More like "Je suis reMonté!"

Gems seem to drop mainly as a reward from breaking their head, carving their tail, plus a standard % chance just from killing/capturing them. I'd go for killing, not capturing, as it basically increases the chances of obtaining a gem because you can roll for it on each carve as well as the reward box.

Also yeah, the gold box is where you'd find it

And one hit for 140 apex rajang, never forget that.

Ok, I'll just keep at it then. I killed/captured him like 4-5 times and was wondering if I needed an investigation.

what are you talking about, slash is powerful as fuck. And bowguns are the most versatile they've ever been and really strong too thanks to the wyvernblasts in lbg and the special shots in hbg. Plus I feel like they boosted clust, it feels way stronger than what it was in mhfu.

This time Capcom removed most of retarded feature such as raising fist with joy after drinking potion so hopefully they will do something to quake stun as well.

I had heard everyone say that tempered kirin isn't actually that bad solo due to less hp and more predictability since its only focused on you and of course less shitters dying left and right.

So of course I decide to forgo that and do a 4 man tempered kirin everytime and will do so until I finally manage to beat it in a 4 man group. With how notorious this quest is, it's not hard to get a full room.

So far it has been 2 days and still no success yet. I want to fly to japan and france and personally slap every single of the fucking double and even triple carters and ask them how the FUCK did they even get to 49. Here goes day 3.

pierce is still as broken as ever, elemental shots are always useful, sticky is good for stunning, clust is great, and wyvern is good when an opening shows.

Want some help?

>pierce is still as broken as ever
Somehow I feel I get less hits than I used to in previous games when it hits monsters sideways.

You are a madman

Slashing still has pretty nice DPS though.
LBG is heavily rely on it.

that kinda makes sense though. I think it's more of a case of getting used to huge ass hitboxes everywhere on older games and then they fix it and you feel something is wrong.

where to pirate videos?

I only want the full random experience. by now I'm actually pretty confident I can beat it myself but this is something I must accomplish.

Maybe. Pretty sure I don't get more than 2 or 3 hits even through a gigantic pair of wings which feels kinda wrong.

good luck out there. Seeing people lose against simple shit like rathians makes me despair, I can't imagine what it's like against actually hard mons.

>waaaaaaah my broken weapon isnt broken enough!

I think the wings also get more hits from the front than the side, my guess being that the hitboxes atr on the harder outer part of them, not the webbing. So you're hitting 1 box on each wing and 1-2 in the body.

At least it's what I think since the bow spread shot from the side hits multiple times.

Stop posting.

I beat him my second try solo with gs, literally just don't overextend and play simple footsies, though it took me 25 minutes cus I had to take a jimmy johns number 9 shit in the middle

I've died a total of 12 times in my last 50 hours of game play.

First couple of deaths were to the B52 bomber and the most recent was not understanding that Tempered Elders do damage and I missed a few Yolo over extending guardpoints.

tell him to buy it and if he doesn't like it, STORES HAVE REFUND POLICIES. Amazing right?

How do I unlock more harvest slots in the garden?

is that supposed to be pic related?

>implying you can return an opened video game and get your money back

Optional quests. Theyll unlock naturally as you progress. Just focus on completing the game (killing Xenoviija), then go back and do all the optionals, most things should be unlocked by then

Hadouken has nothing to do with having SFV, it's a $4 microtransaction. Only thing you get out of SFV is the costume and even then you can just join the quest that someone with a save data posts.

It's more worth it for the Giant Barroth fight than the Ryu costume desu.

>cheap deaths
Just git gud you fucking faggot.

>giving advice for solo
>when he clearly stated he's determined to clear it with random shitters
It's an awful goal to be sure but I wish him luck

Does Elder seal also cause Elder Dragons to take a short nap or something?
Noticed as I fought the trio that they occasionally fell over to let me take free hits to their head. It wasn't KO, there wren't starts and I know when I suck ass at hitting the head, they just occasionally felt down to ground to give me free hits and I wasn't able to figure out why.

Reddit spacing

How do demon and armor powders work? What do and don't they stack with?

Ikr? should've been 20, Stingy Capcom.

>get blasted by azure fireball
>get stunned
>die
>vault over Val haak's smoke blast bullshit
>he tilts his head up so I get hit anyway
>or course it knocks me into a pool of acid where you guessed it I get stunned
>die
>diablos reeees into oblivion while nigger diablos wombo combo slams me
>stunned btw
Anybody wanna guess what happened next? Really you'll never guess what happened!

you unlocked your inner gud and laid a smackdown on those bitches.

You decided to invest in a stun+3 charm when you realized the stun thresholds in this game are much lower than before?

why is diablos always so pissed off. why doesn't it just chill and eat cactus

>mfw over 100 hours in and haven't made a single charm and just still using the pre-order dlc one

probably because it can only eat cactus

K.

>tfw 160 hours in and haven't even downloaded pre-order bonuses

not to mention stun lasts a lot longer too and even mashing doesn't seem to help

Hippos and water buffalo are the most aggressive and dangerous animals in Africa. All they do is eat grass. Simple herbivores are ornery motherfuckers.

They're useless past the first few hours anyway.

Getting stunned is pretty much considered death in World. Just except that fact, adapt and move on