youtube.com/watch?v=60aISxTVpu0
youtube.com/watch?v=Wlmadn-pIuk
youtube.com/watch?v=0TXSOCSH9KA
youtube.com/watch?v=qIHcRygsEo8
youtube.com/watch?v=j123jjr2zEg
youtube.com/watch?v=dz2dxLLOlcU&t=1m29s
youtube.com/watch?v=6297qWpy1a8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>racing game that doesn't lower your FOV, add blur to the corners of your screen, add wind effects to the back of your car, and add slight camera shake when you're going fast
I don't even bother if the game doesn't reward you for going fast

>modern racing game
>cars handle like shit
>"hurr it's realistic"

I've driven more responsive tractors.

Forza 7 is pretty neat

>car is either a tank or super slippery

Try actually realistic games

>Plays NFS
>Wonders why it's bad

after I got a sports car and started racing irl I can not stand games with bullshit handling like entire NFS series or such.
GTA is surprisingly fun. So is pubg.
GT sport is fucking weird
>lel i detect your finger is close to the brake button
>lemme just disable that steering for you
>also why you need an RPM gauge???

>playing arcade racing games expecting realistic shit
kys

Its the FoV. Larger FoVs like in the NFS series make the game feel fast thats why the FoV increases when you turbo

WTF game is that?

Shift 2

Play some fun racing game instead
youtube.com/watch?v=x8TGGjjnYiI

>playing with a keyboard
>steering options are hard left or hard right, there is nothing you can do to just correct the wheel

I genuinely enjoy the cars in GTA and Saints Row more than the ones in dedicated racing games.

which tractor was your favorite?

>not playing in cockpit/bumper view

>cockpit camera can't be affected by fov
what's it like being retarded?

>playing with a keyboard
what did you expect

why would you WANT your FoV to change depending on speed, that's fucking retarded

Have you ever been in a fucking car?
I was on a trip with some guy with some modified toyota corola that was doing 0-100 in 4-5s. That car had so much fucking money put into it that we were going at 240km/h on the highway and it felt like 80km/h. I only noticed when my eye went on the dashboard and i was socked.

Racing fag here. the problem is camera position. 250km/h in cockpit view IRL feel like 80. BUT if the camera is set on the side of the road you will be shocked and BTFO

Bumper view was a life changer for me, holy shit, can't believe I spent all my life avoiding it.

>So is pubg.
Opinion discarded.

>250km/h in cockpit view IRL feel like 80
Bus fag detected, either that or you have never been in a car going faster than 100 km/h.

Just because it's "realistic" doesn't mean it's fun, there are games where you really do get a great sense of speed. I got a ton more enjoyment from the old arcade Need For Speeds than I did from any modern racing game.

In this case you want to play more arcade-y games. Try some scifi racer.

GRID is what you're looking for. GRID 1 that is

An old Zetor 3511 I inherited.

>tfw kid driving with dad in country and ask him to go above 100
Felt wild. Don't think I've ever topped 110-115 though when I was speeding to work at 4am. Such a speedlet.

I feel ya OP, You're better off playing those Scifi racing games though I did and stopped paying and playing Car Sims.

GRID is awful though.

There are games that do it fine, great even, it's specific devs who are retarded.

Steering wheels worth it? What are the recommended/good entry ones?

Steering wheels are overpriced joysticks

Thrustmaster T150 does the job and its somewhat cheap

>playstation labo

he exaggerated a bit but he's kinda of right
200km/h on a straight, wide as fuck highway really doesn't fell all that fast
on that scenario, you need more than 300km/h to feel FAST
youtube.com/watch?v=xj4gar5dKAU

>Driving
>Driving cars
It's like you hate speed, user

>track racing game
>whoever starts first finishes first

That's just simulators with shitty, boring physics. Play an arcade racer like Motorstorm Apocalypse, Driveclub or Grid 2 & Autosport.

Shut your mouth

Just repeatedly tap the turning buttons very briefly. Usually when you press the button the steering changes smoothly from neutral to full lock and then returns smoothly when you release. If you tap the key you can keep it somewhere in between.

Get a controller you fuck

Because the industry finally stopped making stupid horizon pixel dodging car "games" where you have to stare at the horizon and react to things where they're little more than a single pixel within 0.0001% or you hit them when they finally scale up to being whatever obstacle they are within that horribly short timeframe.

It wasn't fun and nobody liked it.

Sims like Assetto Corsa or rFactor 2 can be really fun if you got a wheel

>Shit throttle mapping where the final 25% of trigger pull controls 50% of the throttle
>Brake goes from zero to lock even when you increase travel to its highest settings so you can't even dab the brakes before or else you will oversteer like crazy
>Auto-Countersteer kicks in at random instead of consistent
Polyphony is fucking retarded. Kaz please just fucking retire.

>dacia being a fwd drift missile that behaves like a fwd light car with no grip should act
>buggy acting like a real mid engined vehicle: wanting to snap oversteer

only for games that are at fidelity of dirt rally and above. They are shit in forza.
Used g25 a best. H shifter is so fun

>Auto-Countersteer
That's a thing?

straight line speed is fucking boring anyway and for shitty drivers who want to lenghten their e peen

Cornering where its at.
youtube.com/watch?v=tqiZL1tBn2c

Even the opening straight of that vid felt fast, but that's probably because of the narrow road.

Driving the Dacia is the best shit in Pubg

seconding this, i fucking love the sense of speed you get from redout

Damn, it looks amazing from the outside camera view.

its a narrow, bumpy, uneven public road turned into a touge park.
better be the guys a fuking legend.

Prevents snap oversteer on some cars. GTS is just completely inconsistent on applying it. PCARS 2 has it as an option and it's effectiveness depends on the car you are driving. Some cars are built with it in mind so if you switch PCARS assists to "Authentic" you will usually see it kick in heavy on in modern road cars even if you turn it off on the assists menu. GTS just applies it really inconsistently so even if you are trying to take a deep line through a corner that you have to sweep your rear end with a bit of oversteer to point yourself back to the line and have the assists off. Counter steer will still kick in and snap you back in a straight line instead of letting you control the car. It's irritating as fuck. You don't feel actually in control of the car most of the time in GTS compared to PCARS2 where you can actually feel the heft even through a pad and you actually feel in control.

>have the assists off
>Counter steer will still kick in
THEN WHAT'S THE POINT OF THE OFF SWITCH? Fuck that's stupid.

youtube.com/watch?v=age2KD9k4T8
posting more manly cornering and the techno pro "i aint got time to fuck around" spirit MRS

>You don't feel actually in control of the car
Holy fuck I hate this so much, I can't remember which game it was with the worst example, but the car was practically driving itself as long as you held the acceleration button.

It's for americans who are literally so retarded they think drag racing is a real motorsport

>Racing game
>You can't customize your car anyway you want to

D R O P P E D

By the way, post your carfu you've made in any game. I literately brought NFS2015 on sale just so I could customize cares and fuck around.

Its more for the old cars that don't have it and race cars like the open wheelers, LMPs and WRX or RX. New cars have it built in mind. PCARS 2 isn't too clear about it which is retarded, but you take some of the road class cars out and you can feel it because the car always had it built in as manufacturer spec. But then PCARS 2 is also consistent. If a car has a built in counter steer. You'll know quick. GTS, it's just random as fuck and kicks in when the game doesn't think you are playing it properly.

Lower FoV feels slower

Put camera as closest to road as you can, go through tightest parts of road, choose highest fov possible, enable biggest cam shake you can, motion blur!
And 10km/h feels fast.

severely underrated

I've made a lot of cars over the years but pic related is my eternal carfu.

I find gt sport to have best car controls if you have to suffer with gamepad.

I've just recently gotten back into GT6 and so far the Lancer Evo VI GSR is my favorite car in the game

>Playing ANY NFS past ProStreet
Now, here's the issue......

no. Forza is better.
I feel no regrets for never having a playstation or gt series since forza is just miles ahead in everything.
GT sport is filled with annoyances like
>retardedly convoluted menus that you need a PHD in polyphonysics to enjoy
>controls are shit, brakes are a binary option instead a rainbow of possibilites
>countersteer you can't turn off
etc

The run was short and fun. And its music synched sections were so great to drive through.

>i dont know what driving a car is like

i really dont understand how this kind of shit is supposed to be fair

>driving the speed limit is the same as going over 100 miles per hour

Not sure if Marketer or Retard

>video games must be like real life!

Everything you said was utterly disgusting.

Wreckfest is actually playable now.

I don't even play racing games anymore. I just wait for OutRun 3, which will come out literally never ever

>Driving with a keyboard
more retarded than FPS with a controller

games representing real life things should at least resemble real life, yes

I miss the 'circuits are basically playable roller coasters' sensation that old arcade racers had.

what game

Test

Not all racing games have to imitate real life. Are you too young to remember arcade racers?

Look at the title user.

Then you disslike fun, sorry.

>comes to racan thread
>doesn't know

As a /gd/, I really like Payback's UI. That's it though.

Let's get this over with
Arcade > simcade (flatout), simcade (forza), shit >>>>>>>>>>>>>> realsim

Thanks, I'm on my phone and this is what the title showed up like, but it shows up fine in the browser

I'm starting to get into them, never had the chance as a kid

Go look for the mordern patch.

you are literal trash

10/10 rankings

>Those fucking arms

dude racing games have honestly gone down the shitter. sure simulator games looke nice and play realistically, but they're not all too much fun. it honestly becomes the same repetitive gameplay but on different tracks. you try to brake at the best spots, you try to take the best lines, you try to pass without crashing, and you try to always place first.

now if a modern game dev made a nice looking racer with or without licensed cars, capable of play at 60fps, and had an engaging and refreshing gameplay style, im sure it would be top of the charts for a racing game.

i don't understand why modern game devs are afraid of making a fun, UNREALISTIC racing game. i believe that there's potential for innovation in the genre and i can't believe that no one is taking advantage of the lack of games falling into this category.

play forza horizon 3

the reason why people dont make arcadey racing games is because people got tired of ridge racer and nfs and shit over and over

if you really want unlicensed cars and arcadey driving at the same time just do gta v races

Trackmania 2 is still the best racing game in existence, but nobody knows this except like 5000 French speakers.

realsim>>>simcade forza = simcade flatout >arcade >>>>>>>>>>>shit >>>>>>>>your favorite game

>tfw arcadeshitters will never know the feeling of being in control of the car
>tfw arcadeshitters will never have to think your way around an overtake or how to carry most speed around the corner or how to adjust racing line in certain situations
>tfw arcadeshitters will never have to adjust their breaking for bumps and dips and rev match their shifts
>tfw arcadeshitters are playing game that takes as much skill as cookie clicker

No u

comfy

>implying tm united forever isn't superior

Oh but I do
It's boring and is exact same as driving a real car

Arcadeshitter here, want to get into realsims, what would you recommend as an entry point?

>blur to the corners of your screen
>camera shake
Go fucking die, scum, you are the cancer

You're damn right I'm implying that. TMNF looks like a 2001 game and it has physics bugs. Only play if you're a huge poorfag.

Gran Turismo, Project Cars 2, Assetto Corsa are the usual contenders

These are the only 2 cars worth worrying about.

>assetto corsa
this pre-alpha build of a game was a fucking mistake

>Gran Turismo
>realsim

People forget that car handles like a brick in burnout 2.

I remember all of them handling like that if I'm being honest.

Drive with mouse.

>this angers the simfag

how can you fix that problem? Keyboard keys are binary inputs

i said UNITED, not nations you goof

Aren't most of them not 60 fps? That probably doesn't help.

I want to like it but I hate that you can adjust your car's attitude in the air. Maybe this sounds petty but it's an absolute deal breaker.

The number of good 30fps racaing games is extremely small and none of them are NFS games.

just tap the buttons lightly nigga
i sucked on keyboard too, but i made it a challenge for myself
and now i'm actually pretty good at keyboard racing
just not sims xd

I fuckin love trackmania. No one knows what it is though

There was that time when a few studios tried to make Mario Kart with real cars.

>Look at me I'm cooler than you because I play a 'realistic' racing sim.

Assetto Corsa's UI sucks, the developers suck, their support sucks, Xbox/PlayStation versions and their respective controller support sucks, and the way they designed multiplayer fucking sucks, but with VR, mods, a wheel controller, pedals, shifter, and preferably a handbrake controller (only if you want to drift/rally moar), it's absolute fucking bliss. Only redeeming factor.

I'd like to try Project CARS 2 - looks gorgeous, but AFAIK there's still no mod support (fucking retards, if true anyway) and according to reviews, it's probably a buggy pile of shit so I guess I'm skipping it like the first game.

>Gran Autismo, the real lawnmower engine and static camera simulator

Whats even the point when no racing game will ever try emulating the sense of speed in Redline?
youtube.com/watch?v=S3hggcC10Ks

The late races in Episode 1 Racer are probably as close as anything will ever get.

Mid Town madness will always have a spot in my heart.

You don't have to tie the steering 1:1 with the keyboard inputs.

don't forget that there's a shit ton of bugs and retarded offroad physics

Play BallisticNG with the cockpit view.

I have no problems driving with a keyboard in any pre-2008 NFS, but I experience the same problem in every entry after that, I don't know what happened.

I just want Gran Turismo 2 again.

Dirt Rally has been the only good racing game since Forza 4

i mean it still exists

>He doesn't own a Lamborghini
Fucking poorfags

How long has this fucking game been in EA?

except driving a real car is more fun than video games.
Racing is cheaper now too what with the graphics card prices

>Playing Project CRd. Expecting it will be at least decent.
>The campaign starts you off with some shitty Go-Karts that are slippery as hell
>In hopes that the normal cars won't be like that I try custom race.
>Cars are fucking awful to handle.

Fuck

I once won a race in Need for Speed Hot Pursuit (2010) by literally just holding down the gas and not touching anything else.

Off the top of my head, 2014.

Diversity and gender equality is more important

Really?
Bought it in 2014 and was disappointed

>the real driving simulator

It’s because of the high speed (and type of cars) that turning can feel impossible if you don’t know how to do it.

>The real Simcade but has a legion of autists screaming at you that its a sim because they had a reality show once.
Fixed

I mean, I can call myself the King of England, but that doesn't mean I can just move into Buckingham Palace.

It had a massive update last month that added in lots of vehicles, a few tracks (some of which now include suicide routes), updated the car customisation a bit and made the carreer UI actually make sense.

Why isn't FH2 on PC? It's an Xbone title like FH3, I'm sure it would run.

>bullshit handling like entire NFS series or such.
>GTA is surprisingly fun
What

>arcade queers will never know the feeling of blasting around monza in the f2004

GTA5 is definitely more realistic than new NFS

This . I had this one for a while and it was good, except for the pedals who were utter shit, but you can replace it with a good one, you can even add a gear if you want.

What's a good steering wheel with accessories set to get? I'd really enjoy GRID 1 and Assetto more with a proper setup

Does anyone have any racing games to suggest. I want a Flatout style game that works on Linux.

>simfags will never know the feel of dodging traffic at 300km/h and then doing a sick five star drift with boost

G25

Is it good now?

>leenux
>games
haha, good one

Why are arcade racers dead?

>drives with the stock tune and shittiest tyres
>complains about poor grip/handling
The absolute state of busriders on Cred Forums

At least they have a slow resurrection with Flatout 4 and upcoming Gravel

Grid auto sport when set to easy mode.

It breaks for you and biases towards the visible driving line. All you had to do was hold forward the entire race, maybe turn a little left or right, and you win.

Even stock cars are more fun and responsive in real life than absolute land boats games have

looks pretty lit, but i can't see alot of them in stock anywhere. Are there others similar to it?

Play Wipeout

>in stock
you buy them second hand. i got one for 50 euros

>hurrr
>durrrr
>burnout is cancer now

This. I think hyper-realistic racers are less than fun, but you can't fucking compare your experience of real life driving at 60km/h with the racers where you're going beyond 200km/h. Cars are fucking hard to control at those speeds. Of course your 40km/h tractor controls better.

Video games trying to be realistic was a fucking mistake.

Look, take out a GT3 RS in GT Sport with full power/weight upgrades, racing tyres, 5mm ground clearance with all assists and traction control turned off and tell me that these games don't have any agile cars. You should be able to get a sub 7m Nordschleife time pretty easily if you're decent.

Its not a finished product but yes, its pretty good.

Hehe, I know right. I like to have updates take half a day on a whim too.

jokes on you i only installed service packs and turned off automatic updates

speaking of linux gaming though, how are linux gayms coming along? I know all of the valve games and rocket league working flawlessly on most linux distros but i dont know of any other games
i have a fedora 27 partition but ive hardly ever used it and i'm thinking about fiddling with it for games

Yeah, good on you to remind me. Found a set right near me on my local site, a bit more than what you gave but good condition. Thanks bruv

G27 is better and more reliable.

The muscle class in GTAO actually requires some knowledge of driving to do well in. You have to be careful with power on turns because they massively oversteer. Supers are trash though, and that's all people vote for.

Indie games are almost all being ported by an extreme rate by about 2 guys, Feral and Aspyr are trying their best to bring big titles to Linux like Hitman and DIRT Rally. Every current popular title is unsupported. Unless you're a patient gamer, I wouldn't suggest you start. Wine is a hit and miss, either the game works better on wine than on windows or it works worse and Virtual machines are still not 1 click for GPU passthrough. Unless you have a ryzen I wouldn't suggest GPU-less VMing either.

At least I got my freedoms. That's what I care about

I love muscle cars and off-road vehicles in GTAO. Supers are fine but far too many players online use them almost exclusively. Doesn't help that Rockstar seems to place too much focus on them when adding content.

>wall grinding simulator
Driving badly should not be faster than actually using brakes and avoiding the walls.

What are some good racing games for a toaster?
I've already played most in the NFS series.

Off the top of my head Redout, Grid and Sonic all stars racing and it's sequel, Transformed should all run on just about anything.

GT was never a sim. it did have the best single player mode though.

Depending on how toasty, Flatout 1 and 2

i don't know
i'd play the shit out of it if it was on pc though

I just returned a racing wheel after using it for a few hours. If you aren't into sims, don't waste your money.
Wheels fucking suck for arcade racers. Even "simcade."
Had a thrustmaster tmx 150 pro with the not-shit pedals.
Granted, the wheel worked excellently in Euro Truck simulator. But I'm not paying $280 to euro truck.

GRAN TURISMO (R) THE REAL DRIVING SIMULATOR SPORT

yeah i agree its not a sim tho. Its more simcade but it tries to teach you to be a better driving which I really appreciate despite the flaws.

>"Arcade Racer"
>Just feels like racing sims with all the assists turned on
I swear to god Burnout Paradise was the last good actual arcade racer that I can even remember.
No, Arcade-only games that almost nobody has access to don't fucking count fuck you

I'm trying to love forza horizon 3. It's fun, then I spin out because elements of realism.
I really like their online skin system though.
But you're right I can't think of an arcade racer since burnout paradise.

Sounds like you need to get into anti-grav racers OP
youtube.com/watch?v=I_M05imYgu4

I miss my turbo SW20

why did someone have to rear end and total it

If GRIP ever gets out of early access before we all die that's a very solid sequel to Rollcage. Gravel is apparently promising too and will be out soon.

gt sports weird steering can be fixed in the sensitivity options, my times went down by seconds because of it

sounds like you try to play shitty arcade games with a controller that have either very simple physics or driving aids turned up to 11 to make them playable on a game pad.

>get my driver's license
>never have the urge to play a road racing game again

There’s a deal on PS4 for need for speed 2015 and need for speed rivals together for 12 pounds. As someone who was never into racing games before but started to get an itch for some speed, is that a good deal ?

Driving and racing games are still good for trying out cars that you'd normally never be able to drive, without the headaches that come with insurance and other drivers.

eh, 2015 probs worth it for that, rivals is the new one no? if it is dont touch that one

Rivals is the 2012 or 2013 one where you can play as a racer or as a cop and upgrade your car with bullshit tech like EMP blasts and deployable caltrops

How come Undercover is on Steam when ProStreet, The Run, and Rivals aren't?

>HOW DID IT START
Consoles

Oh shit, it was this one. I remember a Koenigsegg test run mountain track where I literally forgot to push any steering or braking buttons, and the game aggressively kicked into drift by itself. Uninstalled it then and there.

Most Wanted had the sense of speed and handling model I liked the most, are there any modern games like it?

most wanted 2005 was fucking good as shit at this

the wind effects behind your car when going at high speeds is good shit

>tfw will never have the money to build something like this

just buy a real car and hit the track. Heaps cheaper

It's really not.

>still no Outrun 2018
What the fuck sega

I think Flatout 4 was so bad it killed the genre even more

There isn't even a track in my area

>Playing racing games in chase cam

opel omega, ford sierra, bmw e36, e40
>300-700 eur
ice track/small track time attack entire event
>30 eur
safety equipment
>find an old helmet, 10 eur for fire extinguisher
congrats youre an unliscences race driver now

>1er

rally, ice track, go kart tracks have car races on them often.
The race scene is not something you are going to be aware of unless you dig into it.

Only fun I had playing GT Sport at a buddies place was launching off a small jump and trying to exploit parts of the map before the NO FUN ALLOWED thing respawned you. What a god awful game.

ok sure in the third world it is

was gonna say youd be surprised, theres usually at least some kind of race track within 50miles of anywhere. And if not look up parking lot autocross days.

first world fuckign wishes motorsport was as cheap and easy to get into as here. They also wish they didnt have speed cameras and had a healthy streetrace culture, insurance and neat cars as cheap as us.

>play BeamNG, the incredible realistic driving simulator
>accelerate to 15mph
>try to turn
>SCREEEEEEEE *rolls over 17 times*

Fuck you so much. Go play need for speed instead of shitting up other peoples experience in a sim racer.

It's fine for arcade racers.

also rally. Autocross doesnt exist in the """"third world""" since you have cheap access to rally/icetrack/time attack theres no reason for some half hearted cone dodging to exist.

It was local multiplayer you whiny faggot.

beam ng is not realistic racing game its a realistic crashing game.

>Cars slip and slide like they're on ice
>"OH, TOO REALISTIC FOR YA!?"
>Try another racing game
>Cars handle like tanks, barely turn
>"OH, TOO REALISTIC FOR YA!?"
>Played game that felt just right with controls and handling
>"WAAAHHH THIS GAME SUCKS! THE CARS HANDLE WAY TOO UNREALISTICALLY!"

That franchise has a dear place in my heart but I think TM2 was meant to have many many more environments than it does now.
It's too bad the franchise is dead.

Did flatout 3 killed the genre?

>cheaper
If you buy a real car you can only drive that car, if you buy a sim racing setup you can drive almost any car you want.

Leave vehicular kino to me.

Get a wheel

>a fucking rx8
>fastest cars

jokes on you sims focus on race cars not shitboxes

It's higher fov you fucking retard

TM2 got the Ubisoft treatment, instead of three enviros in one fairly cheap game they instead tried to charge almost full price for each enviro. This also meant that you can't have servers with multiple TM2 enviros even if everyone has all the games.

Trackmania turbo fixed this issue but introduced its own by being a console port of what was originally a PC only series and introducing a ton of awful restrictions in the process (I think you still can't name custom tracks or save them locally, they have to be uploaded to Ubisoft's servers).

>engine at a smooth 32 degrees
>in 2^10 place out of 12

San Francisco Rush multiplayer steam version fucking when?

That's why they are called shitboxes, nobody wants to drive them over race cars.

I wish it would get the NEW Ubisoft treatment like Siege and The Division are getting.
a.k.a, getting constant updates and long term support.
But since this is a 2011 game from on of their smallest studios, I do'nt have much hope of it ever being picked back up.

And all of this applies to Shootmania Storm which suffered an even worse fate.

>NEW Ubisoft treatment
I'd rather they not try to hide track editor parts behind lootboxes.

Hah, good point.

>cheap to own
>can modify them to your hearts content without taking a rare, expensive car out of the pool
>can fix them for no money
>can crash them and buy another one the same weekend
>simple cars with nothing to go wrong
>can rack up the mileage with 0 problems
you have no fucking idea how many truly spectacular cars are shitboxes. I don't ever want a supercar i dare not to take to the track
But there are many great shitbox sportscars and supercars I woud rather have over a lambo or ferrari

Because they are cheap, the point of sim racing is to drive expensive cars without worrying about money.

driving a mediocre at its limit got its charms.

The point of sim racing is to experience a realistic experience.
I want to drive low powered old cars to practise for my real life events

The harder it is to drive, the more realistic it is!

I hope you're not suggesting that a 944 is cheap to maintain or simple or not prone to issues.

>Cars slip and slide like they're on ice
Gran turismo 4
>Cars handle like tanks, barely turn
Forza
>Played game that felt just right with controls and handling
Gran Turismo 3

I thought GT4 had understeering issues.

i don't think it would be profitable to release a game that came out 4 years ago when a sequel is coming out this year
however, if MS released FH1 and 2 on PC, i'll buy them in a heartbeat, it's a shame that those games can't be played at 60fps

youre thinking of 924. 944 is way better but its still an interesting shitbox sportscar.

FC is the best 924/944/928

it does feel like ice when you brake or accelarate.

I don't think you know what ice means, GT4 is the complete opposite.

>GTAV just needs some tweaks to the handling and it would be a great arcade racer
>Rockstar wants to sell jew cards instead
Will there ever be another Midnight Club?

>Play racing games with steering bound to yaw axis on joystick and throttle bound to roll
>90 degrees lock to lock
>Only have to twitch my wrist to turn
>Can cut throttle and make sikk skidz in a single fluid movement

youtube.com/watch?v=v-4j6mPkAYM
Straight line speed is fun on really shitty roads or for going down mountains.

I want to play Forza Horizon 3 so fucking bad, but i don't own an Xbone and neither do I want to get Windows 10

straight road is the only place on track you get to rest and relax on and to prepare for the next corner.

win 10 is not bad.
Disable auto updates and its really nice.

Reminder that NFSU2 has the best driving model of any NFS game, all sorts of customization options for all your ricing and performance fantasies, and you can still play multiplayer with Gameranger.

I wouldn't know. I live somewhere where you have a choice between curvy dirt roads or the highway.

Colin Mcrae rally 2 doesnt do that. And you can control the car better than a joystick

Because they are going slow.

To me the feeling of speed is in how when you are afraid to go flat out at first, but it is entirely possible, if difficult, to do so. Think Eau Rouge, except the entire game is like that.

It should take some time to go from 0 to lock, so you both retain grip and can do sorta analog input by tapping the button with certain frequency instead of lol instant understeer.

>playing racing games

I mean, at least they are better than sports games but I just almost never cared for these games. I know they can be fun. I've had fun with them at times but never to the point where I wanted to get deep into them like actual video games. I see racing as only just above sports. Sports is bottom of the barrel garbage.

So what are the good sports franchises to play these days? I know that Burnout has been dead for years and EA also owns NFS. I've been told Forza is good. My favorite racing games were the Mario Kart games and Star Wars Episode I Racer. Very unrealistic racing games.

I found that as Saints Row progressed, the driving got worse each time

its always had shit handling. the cars are really boats with wheels.

>NFSU2 has the best driving model of any NFS game
Prostreet unironically one-upped it, as shit as the rest of the game is. U2 is still fantastic, though.

Forza Horizon 3 pretty much.

What's better about it? I haven't played any NFS games since Most Wanted

I think I may have only played the second one for a bit. It was one of the 360 ones. I remember it seemed kind of good but it was meant to be realistic with hard to handle cars. I used to love Burnout 3 but again yet another racer that wasn't realistic.

play proper fast racing games, wipeout. Especially the originals like 2097.

The fact you can only see so far ahead before track pop-in adds to the difficulty of racing at 200mph+

plus soundtrack

WipEout Omega is the best racer of this generation. Redout comes at close second.

I have been playing Project Cars 2 which is an ok game apart from the AI which is fucking garbage. It's a shame because it would be a 10/10 racing game if not for the travesty that is the AI.

these games are awful

So which version of gran turismo is your favourite?

whats the better rally game series,WRC or DiRT?

CMR.

They're both shit.

xpand

Tokyo Xtreme Racer Drift

Driving a sports car in a video game is to real driving roughly on the level watching porn without masturbating is to sex.

while we're on the topic of racing games
I just found out that NFS-World got shut down after deciding to play it again
what are some similar games

Forza Horizon 3. The Crew, maybe.

Stop shilling your windows 10 exclusive. Literally every post in this thread that FH3 has any revelance to is instantly replied to. We got it, Forza is god emperor of racing games. It's also not fun because it's a pretend sim that sucks at both being a sim and an arcade and perfectly illustrates OP's point.

He asked for similar games. I answered. You're overreacting.

Has there ever been a racing game that was too fast?

Replaying through the game right now, what a blast from the past.

Except all the cars have this weird thing where if I'm driving them in 3rd person, they are really difficult to steer. If I'm going around a corner, it will oversteer, so I'll let go of steering and then it'll violently swing the other way, and I'm constantly looking like I'm drunk driving on the track.

t. controller fag

go43!

there has yet to be a good substitute for F-ZERO GX in all the console gens since

Here's your fast car fgt

youtube.com/watch?v=e-PpctJ70XY

>Prides itself on being a realistic racing game
>Has shit like this in it

Make up your fucking mind Sony.

>implying the red bull X2010 wouldnt have dont it even faster
perfectly realistic

>modern racing game
>the camera moves with a slight delay when you turn
>it feels like a short view 'reset'
>fucks up your turning accuracy and you crash

FU C K Y O U YOU FUCKING SCUM FOR MAKING THE CAMERA MOVE INDEPENDENTLY FROM THE ARROWS OR PADS, FUCK YOU UP ON YOUR ASS

>It's also not fun because it's a pretend sim that sucks at both being a sim and an arcade and perfectly illustrates OP's point.
youre wrong. Get back to your shitty need for speed

>playing with a keyboard
>traction control OFF
>it's either pedal to the metal or hard break
>car spins forever out of control

Meh, I could see the track version of the Valkyrie pulling off a sub-5 minute time

wall grinding hasn't been faster for many months, user

wall bouncing is still rewarded, but pulling off a good wall bounce ain't that easy

>tfw no TOCA Race Driver 4
>that driving
>them physics
>them crashes (for the time PS2 era)
>that radio chatter

GRID 1 is really good but FUCK THAT CAMERA WOBBLE..

youtube.com/watch?v=9sPUQQca0Bc

GRID really was the last good arcade racer.

I bought GRID 3 times. XBOX, then the Xbox melted (red overheat ring), PS3 because couch and finally PC.

In GT's case, they don't just slap whatever they can together and call it a godmobile. They actually consult car makers on what would they do if you just take budget, reliability and human element restraints off, sometimes with approximation of what the technology can reach in near future sprinkled in.

i really like simulators, I played countless hours on assetto corsa and project cars, wheel and all but you know what I really miss?

I miss driving in the big cities, getting medals, and that ticking sound in my ear as I drift an inch to the rail

i miss this series so much

Check out dirt rally, that game makes you feel extremely fast

Unplayable without wheel, normalfags don't want to splurge on extra equipment.

I did a 190km/h and it felt fast as fuck alone on a highway.

How much time before the full relase? I hate paying for an unfinished product.

attempting Nordschleife corners at 300km/h would launch the car into orbit

Soonâ„¢. Last I checked final release is planned for Q1 2018 and given THQ Nordic is slapping those lazy finns into action i'll believe it. The game has had more content in the last 3 months since THQ took over as publisher than Bugbear provided in the last 3 years.

Play Dirt Rally.
Can't get much faster the Group B. Zero to flying off a cliff in 3 seconds.
youtube.com/watch?v=60aISxTVpu0

Hell yeah dude, I have the box siting right next to me.
Nice trips, by the way.

Maybe without downforce.

>Supers are trash though, and that's all people vote for.
Fuck, those stunt races where you basically just drive down long straights in lame super cars. And people want to play those every time. Why. I just want to race some sports or muscle cars. Though the sports class is totally fucked now too since the Pariah is way faster than anything else

>GTA is surprisingly fun
I agree. It's by no means realistic, but there is an internal logic and consistency there apart from the goofy glitches like curb boosting. A while back I played The Crew, which is exclusively a racing game, and I just kept thinking how much better the driving in GTA V feels. Seems like nowadays the only racing games you get is sim type, or if it' an arcade game it's just super sloppy. The handling in GTA is a surprisinginly good middle ground

>Why
because they are 13 years old and they automatically think that cars like that are the best and coolest and most fun and awesome and like very cool

Yeah, and then they've made them look absolutely gaudy. I will never understand why they think putting those white hot rod wheels on supers looks good. Kids will be kids I suppose

The average race is pretty fun too

>five people who can drive
>one of them is way better than the others
>the other 25 guys pile up in the first corner because why would you slow down ever

My favorites are the attainable sports cars. The ones I could conceivably buy at some point. BMW, 1, 2 or 3, Supras, Mustangs etc.

Played this with like 10 people at a lan and it was super fun

Burnout Revenge is the fastest car racing game I have played to date, we need it either back compat or remastered as we will never get a new game of it's caliber.

Ah shit man, PGR was the shit, especially playing cat and mouse on the nordschleife over Live. Good times.

anyone happen to know if the original forza horizon works with a wheel through xbone one backwards compatibility? I know wheel support was added to other b/c racing games but I can't find shit for information on forza

i dont think rockstar can touch the physics without breaking the game, they have a thing for not touching things once their done with gtao because of this

Bought F1 2017, and I like it but it's such a shame that they gotten rid of the classic tracks. The engine sound quality is also lacking compared to F1 2013.

There were a couple cars that actually had fun handling once, namely Challenger and Camaro in dirt, CTR3 and Hotrod in perf, Hotrod again in street and Silverado in Circuit. That was back when Laferrari, Skyline and 8C were undisputed gods, (though street Hotrod was a lowkey top-tier). Wild Run came, neutered CTR3, didn't buff hotrods and Silverado and made the dirt muscles AWD, and that was the end of that.

I switch between DiRT Rally and Redout for my racing fix. Anything else out that's worth playing?

>when you get a few other people who all know how to drive and you spend the entire race chaining slipstream passes so no-one else can catch up
Best race I've ever had was a stunt race where four of us spent ten minutes within a second of eachother, literally side by side for most of it, and it ended with the four of us driving across the finish in a nice orderly queue.
The CTR is still fun as fuck in Dirt spec, imo.

>no v8 supercars 4
it hurts

>nfs rivals car with turbo option
holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

I meant take the physics, tweak them and make a dedicated racing game out of that. Though with aggressive cashgrabbing they do I'm not sure I really want that.

AMD's open source drivers are really good, WINE fully supports DX9 games and DX11 games are getting a vulkan wrapper.

>The fact you can only see so far ahead before track pop-in adds to the difficulty of racing at 200mph+
I bet you hate the remaster because now it loads properly

i dont actually agree with the gta car physics being good, id rather they build a new midnight club from the ground up. but yeah, probs wont happen because $$$$$$$$$

>and it ended with the four of us driving across the finish in a nice orderly queue
I'm always super paranoid that the other guy will just pit me before the finish line

>racing side by side with someone
>try not to be a dick
>slow down and leave room for him in corners so we don't crash
>eventually he just bumps me into a wall

Forza 7 is shit.

So mad at Turn 10. Where track day mode? Why is multiplayer community so trash? Why are the lobbies so trash? Why can't you race a stock BMW vs a stock Benz? Why havn't they improved the sim at all? Why loot boxes? Why only 4 new tracks?

Unforgivable.

Same, they feel a lot more attractive because they're not unicorns.

>being this butt hurt about the greatest open world racing game released this gen

Get enough people together and anything can be fun, the challenge lies in actually getting everyone to show up. Nowadays I can't seem to organize my best friend, my brother, and his best friend to get together for our traditional Mario Kart tournaments, and we're all roommates/neighbors and students/NEETs.

Hot Pursuit is fine

>tfw live 3 hours from this
feelsgoodman

I think I'm pretty good at racing games and I've developped an interest for cars recently but I have literally no idea where to start to learn more, or what type of car to buy.

Find an old Mr2 and a snowy road. Learn to drift.

You'd be better off going to /o/ for that question, Cred Forums will just tell you to buy a Japanese meme car and to go drifting in the mountains of Tokyo.

It was the beginning of its decline. Some would say Undercover was, but you can't fault it for introducing half of what's wrong with NFS nowadays because all it was was a game riding on long overdue Most Wanted legacy that introduced exactly fuckall.

Like clockwork

You just committed a murder.

/o/ will also tell you to do that to be fair.

Get an s10, they're relatively cheap and will run forever.

just buy manual, and budget between affordability and whatever car interests you, and then research the car you want

A murder of HIGH LEASE PREMIUMS YEAHHHHHHHHHH

>we will never get a new MC

Best Need for Speed coming through

Is that some motherfucking Carmageddon 2?

TASTE THE PAIN

This game had an amazing atmosphere and sense of speed. It's still one of my all-time favorite racers.

what is the best racing game out right now? I only have a PC btw

Forza Horizon 3 for fun
Assetto Corsa for realistic fun
iRacing for autism

F-Zero GX.
>but muh old
Still the best.
>but muh gamecube
Dolphin runs on potatoes.

>hurr simfag
>durr arcadefag
>tfw you enjoy both since you're not a fag

LMOA'ing @ your life.

Needs a soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=Wlmadn-pIuk

Basically this. I enjoy arcadey games like Forza and realistic simulators like Gran Turismo equally.

Trackmania can be amazing if you find a server that isn't playing those ridiculous puzzle maps

That it does. Shame the PS1 version of the course is better than the PC version (it has a moodier background and a few other changes).

I kind of miss the days when there were totally different versions for different platforms. Now everything is just running on some variation of pc.

HES THE ONE FOR ME

Are racan threads on Cred Forums always this good?

Nah - the PS2 version of hot pursuit 2 for example is far and away superior to all other versions.

can't believe ameriTARDS think this is better than roundabouts

THERE'S NO PLACE I'D RATHER BE

One of my top 5 tracks.

If you can keep the Forza vs. GT vs. Project Cars fags out, then usually, yeah.

ONE MORE WIN IT'S RIDGE RACER
YEAH RIIIDGE RACERRRRR

It's because automotives in general are the only men centric hobby left since the entry level is high
Of course we still have brainlets that pass trough like the drag racing ones but they still have knowledge about shifting more than the average person

1. Nordscheife
2. Bathurst
3. Virginia
4. Laguna Seca
5. Spa

Yeah, that's the problem with most threads on Cred Forums. too many women.

Also cars and racing are more niche than they were even 10 or 15 years ago and any niche thread is better than average on Cred Forums.

Undercover is a boring shitfest while ProStreet and Rivals are passable if you absolutely must play an NFS game

What about The Run?

This
Faggots today prefer public transportation rather than the freedom of the personal vehicle since of gas prices and maintenance
Faggots don't even bother to learn that 2nd hand prices are cheap and can be easily maintained if they're a decade old at most

>the most high test niche
i didnt notice it before, thats quite something
a shame the op was a shitty bait because shift series had a great sense of speed, plus superb sound system(pretty much the thing that sold me on the gayme)
personally i dont care that much if the game is gay/sim/arcade/whatever other type you could name, but the sound, oh man thats like more than half of the personality of a car
talking about sound, anything else outside simbin stuff worth a try?

Guess it would make sense that they'd keep the blandest one around while kicking the rest to Origin.

GTAV is loadsa fun once you've figured out how to navigate around the mountain roads for half an hour or more without turning around or taking the same road twice.

Simbin was great. It was just night and day the difference between the sounds in GT Legends and Gran Turismo.
Assetto Corsa is pretty good.
youtube.com/watch?v=0TXSOCSH9KA
youtube.com/watch?v=qIHcRygsEo8
youtube.com/watch?v=j123jjr2zEg

>was
fuck you almost scared me, they just changed their name to sector 3 studios
thats brings the question, how come i never see anyone mention R3E(raceroom racing experience) here or 4chinpo as a whole? is it the so so f2p model? its pretty much the best racing experience(duh) out there

youtube.com/watch?v=dz2dxLLOlcU&t=1m29s

Sprint and time races with muh story and QTEs.
I'm not sure wether its worth 5$ on Origin or not. But its kinda nice look at. Thats about it for a game you can finish in ~2 hours of gameplay

Never even looked into it. I basically lost track of Sim Bin after Race 07 and all their expansions.

Fastest you've driven irl and in what.
I've gone 126 MPH in my 2006 Hyundai Sonata.
It was liberating.

The Burnout series has been average driving with fun crashing effects. NFS:U and MW were where a lot of the good racing gameplay was.

..Webm only somewhat relevant.

240 to 250 clicks in a Trans-Am. The other two guys in the car told me to let off at that point.

Canyon races in Carbon are to this day an unmatched thrill for me.

>running a boss off a cliff

>Most Wanted with trainer
>instantly accelerate to 400km/h regardless of car with the push of a button
>use it instead of nitrous

It's great fun.

Can anyone rec a modern, sort of arcadey racing game with good customization?

Forza Horizon 3. The customization is not really my thing but it's there anyway.
youtube.com/watch?v=6297qWpy1a8

I pushed my shitbox 4speed v6 commodore to 210km/h. It was fucking thrilling, the adrenaline rush had me jittery and shaky when I stopped. I had plenty of road left but she just couldn't punch any higher.

I hope The Crew 2 isn't shit, but it probably will be. I bet they're only giving beta access to the YouTubers and Twitch streamers.

what about a pc game?

It is on PC.

oh shit nigga

Is there a better way to use wine on steam games yet?
Having two steam clients installed was annoying, especially with how slow and buggy the windows client was back when I tried it

what are the best racers on steam
i have redout and sonic racing transformed

Nitronic Rush.

Flatout 1 and 2

do they work with a controller

Yes.

native or with a third party program

You just bind the buttons in the game.

I recently got into Ridge Racer and it's actually absolutely fantastic
Now I'm sad the series is dead.
Yes I know a Switch entry is coming. Still dead to me

What's the best PS4 racing game that isn't an autism simulator or Wipeout?

>Driving and racing games are still good for trying out cars that you'd normally never be able to drive
Book a track day, they're cheap and you can go fast.

You managed to quote the
>that you'd normally never be able to drive
part and still managed to miss the point.

>doing an A+ challenge on Wipeout Omega
>finally get into first
>get blasted up the ass by a missile and end up coming last

RIIIIIDG-
Oh.

>pay some money for a car experience
>drive a Ferrari or whatever
What's the problem?

wtf

game?

and btw dont answer

it's DIRT4, it looks like a PS3 game