Nu-Secret of Mana

Well? Is it worth buying?
What's the Cred Forumserdict?

(Also, is it 100% just a graphics "upgrade"? No new bosses or major gameplay changes? So I still have the farm that fucking crab at the entrance of the last dungeon for 3 hours to get the orb I need to fully upgrade my spear?)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BM1o6mFjyjI
youtube.com/watch?v=zlicjJHRS1A
youtube.com/watch?v=PjP25ZlB-24
youtube.com/watch?v=Vd2KWWNnh3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=b0BBhfVkS3I
youtube.com/watch?v=4S9beadY0VU
youtube.com/watch?v=bPCMJC1Ig6s
youtube.com/watch?v=8MeuyPm7AN8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzo_Koshiro#Works
youtube.com/watch?v=pYkbKnsrXSc
youtube.com/watch?v=j2OlV44nfRQ
youtu.be/9jsrv65DL04
youtu.be/bjcMrKiplOY
youtu.be/2krNuDsEoK4
youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k
youtube.com/watch?v=yKLqML6jz68
youtu.be/CX1rghsOqu0
youtube.com/watch?v=tpHLsTiFq98
youtube.com/watch?v=LlJKcVM_F4s
youtube.com/watch?v=wdIyxSVtPek
youtube.com/watch?v=07MrpcQkPz8
youtube.com/watch?v=vN5eMiST1i8
youtube.com/watch?v=gqEmRjtTVzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tBluTQBC9i0
youtube.com/watch?v=NxW6oUEEYAo
youtube.com/watch?v=H_4VL0yu5Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=R71kGzAkVgA
youtube.com/watch?v=K8jHkgzQbEc
youtube.com/watch?v=WKU2tJufQE4
youtube.com/watch?v=ueK2gBMCQAU
youtube.com/watch?v=8SILyMV6t4g
youtube.com/watch?v=f-ALoCFbeug
youtube.com/watch?v=A7V3kwZBYdc
steamspy.com/app/637670
youtube.com/watch?v=CSn8aN4JwYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5Lp0GJNTRV0
youtube.com/watch?v=RYqS5OEN4_U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I heard that it was a straight up downgrade from the original and only good thing was that you could change to the original soundtrack

Poorly crafted attempt at nostalgia pandering by SquareEnix. Absolutely not worth $40.

This "remake" manages to take the original game and make everything worse. It seems like the dev team had the goal of faithfully recreating the original in 3D, but failed to do so with nearly every aspect of the game.

The rhythm of gameplay from the original is mostly gone; combat feels like a chore. The characters you're controlling

youtube.com/watch?v=BM1o6mFjyjI

I ran into a shitload of bugs, like animation just getting stuck, characters can be left behind etc.
They dumped down the bosses by a lot, spiked tiger is really easy now (you need like 0-1 candy). Music is a mixed bag, some of the remixes are really good but then songs like potos village make my ears bleed

Squeenix hasn't made a good game since the merge

If anything i been convinced to play the original right now in spite.

Wrong. Wrong, and wrong. Quit listening to ignorant people so, you aren't seen so ignorant yourself.

This 1000 times this. Were done here

It is worse than the original. The original has problems but it is by far the better version. Even visually it holds up better than these cheapo mobile game esque graphics.

Some of the new Dragon Quest games have been alright, but that's mostly because whoever is in charge of that series was smart enough to not fuck with the formula too much.

I don't know how to feel about this...
It is doing too much, but I also know nostalgia is clouding my judgement.

truly saddened to say I refunded less than an hour in. The controls are awful, the combat lacks any real visual feedback on hits, and the less said about the remastered soundtrack and english voice-acting, the better.

I loved the original, even though it was a buggy mess. This, I just don't. I can't. And it breaks my heart.

soyboys dont want you to see this

>my favorite game of all time is SoM
>this remake

it hurts

If only the original had better multiplayer support.
Playing online in emulators is such a hassle, especially for an RPG.

Honestly I never played this game til last year and I also feel like this song is a huge downgrade that fucks the original.

I heard the remake doesn't even have online multi, just same-screen.

Can confirm

>Hey what if we took one of the most beloved games of an entire console generation and SHIT ALL OVER EVERY ASPECT OF IT

I think the only good thing I've heard about it is that casting shit doesn't pause the game so it's not ultimate cancer to play with a friend.

I am extremely pissed off in Square Enix for releasing this game in the state it's in. This is NOT a $40 game. In under 2 hours, this game has crashed twice and I've experienced numerous glitches, including one that causes the characters to lose their walking animation and slide across the screen. Fighting enemies is slow and bug-riddled, and party members are easily stuck on the scenery, causing them to get killed quickly. During a cutscene, the dialogue skipped by itself all the way to the end, and none of the cutscene animations played.

Fuck off square enix

That makes me feel a little better. I mean, it sucks, but at least I'm not crazy.

Do the ghosts of the other characters still get stuck on shit and keep you from moving out of the screen?

i want to fuck the shit out of primm so ya worth buying

I will buy it when it's 20
(insert x amount of days/months/years)

what the fuck, i can see they have the option to toggle soundtracks

>Is it worth buying?
Fuck no. Consider when it's -50%. When it's -75%, by all means do.
The remake is pretty well made, but it's pretty much a mobile phone game.
Pirated, played for an hour, uninstalled, will buy it, but not above $15. No idea if it has any additional content, but frankly, it looks and plays better than the original.
I like sprites and shit, but Secret of Mana doesn't have Seiken Densetsu 3, Chrono Trigger, Tales of Phantasia, Star Ocean or Romancing Saga 3 tier graphics.
It's a good port but worth nowhere near $40.

What's wrong guys out of energy to defend your remake of shit? This is the best you can come up with? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA GET FUCKED!

Is there hope for the Switch?

>Characters can be left behind

That was in the original

It "looks like a mobile game" because Adventure of Mana (which was a remake of Final Fantasy Adventure/Sword of Mana) was originally developed for mobile, and then enhanced into a great Vita version. Square's goal was to remake the whole series in this engine.

Most likely they only put it on Steam because nobody in America has a Vita, and I'm positive nobody would be bitching if this were released on 3DS instead of PC (where it would also be $40 like every other 3DS game)

It didn't allow scrolling and leaving them outside the screen

Is that the DS version

Give me a stable Switch version at a reasonable price and I'll buy it.

Sadly this

Ok so they did the right thing and added a minimap but where is the objective marker and the highlighted pathway?

Thinking about it, even this remake of the game doesn't really use complicated controls. The hotkeys go to the shoulder buttons that went unused in the original, and Start and Select are probably still unused, so flipping out some Joycon co-op play would be entirely viable.

Had to be a jew se? 40? you would of done better at 20. Faggot japs.

Guess what? this game is OLDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

It's good. Up to you if you think its worth buying.

The game is fundamentally the same. 360 degree movement and attacking changes combat up a bit. Bosses were also changed for this since they could mostly only attack up or down before. Or left and right if they faced the side. Spells no longer freeze everything when cast so you can use them without slowing down combat, and you can't chain them anymore. But enemies can chain them on you

Some story cutscenes now have a bit of animated scenes which aren't too bad. At inns your party chats about recent happenings and it helps add to their characters.

You will still have to farm for the 9th weapon orbs because those are secret orbs and not required. Though supposedly the 8th glove and axe orbs are still MIA

>It's good
(internal laughing)

He was asking for the Cred Forumserdict. I don't care about the game itself, I merely summed up what Cred Forums says about it

Bullshit.

>Dragon Quest VIII
>Radiata Stories
>Final Fantasy XII, XIII trilogy, XV
>The Last Remnant
>The World Ends With You
Yes, I know some of those games aren't perfect or are worse than other games in their respective series, but they're all at least "good".

I will never FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEZE!

>hit enemy once
>run around for a couple seconds
>repeat
>some people list this as their favourite game

Nnnnope.

>>Dragon Quest VIII
ok
>Radiata Stories
ok
>Final Fantasy XII
ok
>XIII trilogy
13 is shit PFFT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>XV
15 is shit see above post.
>The Last Remnant
meh
>The World Ends With You
Ok

If you think Radiata Stories isn't good, your opinion on videogames should be discarded and you should not be allowed to play them anymore altogether.

So what's your idea of a good JRPG?

You must be a millennial

Your mother's sweet fine ass bouncing up and down my CAWK! the game turbo hd remix

AIs no longer lock the screen up, only player controlled characters have to be on screen. I end up ditching the two AIs a lot if they get caught on shit. But you can also make them teleport back by weapon swapping or casting a spell.

This is my own conclusion after pirating the game and seeing how it is for myself instead of spewing memes.
Also while they did fuckup a few songs like the early town themes, they also made some songs way fucking better.

youtube.com/watch?v=PjP25ZlB-24
youtube.com/watch?v=Vd2KWWNnh3Y
youtube.com/watch?v=b0BBhfVkS3I

Yea gonna go blow chunks...

Are you legitimately 13 years old?

Holy hell. The songs are hideous.

These can't be real, can they? It sounds like someone making fun of the original songs did these.

You...are mad?

these songs sound like a cat that's been fucked by a golf club.

No, I'm questioning your cognitive ability and what you seem to think a burn is or what makes a good shitpost. Have one more (You)

feels like they've basically forgot what made everything about the original great, the whimsical fantasy town feeling, this isn't a goddamn dance floor

I see...neat

millennial faggot go play 15 peace nigger.

>take a game that created a great world but suffered from a clunky battle system and poor AI
>redo the graphics and keep the battle system and AI the same
gj

Ah fuck it.

the second song sounds like this
youtube.com/watch?v=bPCMJC1Ig6s

Any clue about the face under the sea? This was posted by a spanish guy on Twitter yesterday.

The original one.

In a previous thread someone stated that it was vaguely there, but I couldn't see it.

Wish it didn't run below 30FPS on vita.

So many pics where posted.

Oh I see, he put the goddamn shadow of the dragon over it like a dingus

OOOH NONONON!!! AHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

Nice "remake".

One more

I've never played the games and that sounds like garbo, it could probably work but the choice of midi instruments is awful

>that filename
>that context
Gyuehhehehehehe stop user its too funny

That pic is a pretty good summary of Devilman: Crybaby's plot.

The fuck is that techno bagpipes?

I don't know if this has been anyone else's experience but it keeps crashing on PS4. Honestly, I'm enjoying the re-translation (there are parts of the Woolsey translation I'll love to the day I die) and the inn cutscenes are a hoot.

Overall, I'm glad I got it, but I'll beat it once and never look at it again.

I'm about to head to the upper land so i'm not that far yet but heres a rubdown from what i think so far.

Good.
Menu related stat stuff. We can see the proper effect of equipment on people, plus its easier to see weapon and magic levels now.
Extra scenes. But only when you stay at an inn, though its nice to see some character development.
Cutscenes. Very minor, but gives a bit more animation to events.

Mixed.
Graphics. I kinda like it. But i can see why people dislike it.
Music. The remixes are okay, but feel like they lost some charm.
Voice acting. Protags are fine, everyone else sucks balls.

Bad.
Combat. The transition to 3d has made the combat kinda worse. Especially the teammates AI. They dont do shit anymorr for some reason.
Difficulty. The games super dumbed down now. Mantis ant lost some attacks. Spikey tiger doesnt hurt as much anymore. The flame ogre in gnomes theater went down in two shots of ice.
Miscellanious charm. Certain sound affects are different, some monsters and characters dont animate in a way thats faithful to the sprites (fucking werewolves) even the cannonman cutscenes are outright gone.

SoM is one of my all time favourite games but personally id give this remake a 5/10. Stuff got changed for the better. Other stuff got changed for the worse. Id rather be playing the original.

>Difficulty. The games super dumbed down now.
Honestly with with your partners being braindead, it had to payoff somewhere else.

>paying shitfucktons of money for a game that you can emulate and is 500x better
REMAKES: NOT EVEN ONCE

Ive been more or less replaying the original for the past 20 years and mods of it as well.

Honestly i really really really like the remake. The remade soundtrack is a fantastic modern interpretation of the original, they streamlined the combat just enough to stay true to the faux arpg system, while still working out the original kinks and making it suit the engine. The graphics look really nice when youre actually playing it. I havent ran into any bugs really yet, and it seems like they got rid of a lot of the original ones. I love the little things they left in, like your whole party running across the screen when you talk to a shopkeeper.

$40 is not a lot of money unless youre a poorfag who is too lazy to get a job. Most of my paycheck goes to living expenses, but id still be fine with paying the STEEP STEEP price for 40 whole fucking dollars. I also personally dont give a fuck about the lack of online multiplayer, but i can see how that would be annoying.

Also i cant wait to get the whip, it is literally the best weapon

The cannonbros cutscene being gone made me mad.

The engine is the exact same from Adventures of Mana, so a Mobile/Vita level game, I think the pricetag is to justify the voice acting (in japanese which isn't done by nobodies) where every single character and even NPCs are voiced.

Fuck, all those years of modern video games holding my hand and constantly telling me what to do has spoiled me, I'm always forgetting what to do here.

No, pirate if you must. Otherwise, just play the original.

Soyboy wagecuck. You pronably never even had a snes

Suck a dick faggot, i still have my original snes from when i was 5 and my original som cartridge with the box, manual, and poster

Waiting for 3.67 support for vitashell. Then I'm going to pirate the shit out of this game and play it on my Vita TV.

>mfw there are people who actually think the elf is a girl

Well yeah, it's the sprite that has no gender.

youtube.com/watch?v=8MeuyPm7AN8

SQUEENIX WAS A MISTAKE

Yes to the later part, atleast every single room in the mana fortress is its own instance now, so it doesn't take eons to farm 2(!) fucking orbs from werewolves anymore.

If this isn't Yuzo Koshiro, I'm fucking retar-

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yuzo_Koshiro#Works

God fucking dammit. Why pick Koshiro for a project like this? Did we really need dance and electronica for a game like this?

Besides the shit music and nostalgia goggles, is this game pretty decent?

It's not too bad for a 1:1. It's certainly not 40 dollars good.

Honestly I don't care about this game, if it's good or bad, I only expect it bridges into a Seiken Densetsu 3 remake, because Square-Enix sure as fuck isn't going to translate the original SNES version for the Switch collection.

It's easy really.

If you actually know this game well and have played through it a couple of times, better yet 100%ed it as an adult and still like the game, yes you will love this remake, well maybe aside from most of music and those horrible cutscenes.

If you are just a nostalgiafag that remembers having fun hitting things with your neighbors and forgot how flawed the game actually is stay away from it.

Personaly, my only real gripe actually is dying things not making the same loud noises anymore and that monsters have a death animation before exploding in their various fashions

Is this combat more fun than chrono trigger? I liked the game but it was a real drag sometimes.

It's nice. The shit additions (voice acting and nu-music) can be turned off. Combat has been upgraded and is much smoother now. You get two shortcut buttons to map weapons or spells to them, making magic fast to use. The graphics are simple, but very reminiscent of those clay dolls from the ads. It's also very telling when some faggot whines about the style "not being SoM". The telltale sign of the nu-gamer.

Other than that the game sticks VERY closely to the original, down to the weird delayed attack reactions and the dozens of other oddities nu-males suddenly whine about in the remake.

The original instrumentation was shit. This is probably one of the weakest rearranges in the whole thing, though.

People shitting on the new arranges as a whole baffle me, though. Koshiro did a pretty good job overall.

Though they were originally made on the same system, Chrono Trigger was more your traditional JRPG, which Secret of Mana was a Zelda-like with a level up system.

It's an action RPG with a simplistic stamina attack system, and you have to wait for the enemy's invicibility frame to end upon being knocked out to damage them again; if you are very impatient it might get you mad sometimes.

>Combat has been upgraded and is much smoother now
Enemies take quite a while knocked out in their invicibility frame stuns.

Wow frequent Mana threads lately, nice. Is /vg/ that dead?

That image in OP, it reminded me of Nusantara painting, like an old Majapahit Empire kind of painting. The trees and flamingos evoke that feeling.

This, for the love of god. Mana 2 is a cool game, but it's pretty overrated by nostalgia. The remake's a good companion to the original, but not polished enough to command a high price point. Square' s just trying to Jew it because they know people love SoM.

youtube.com/watch?v=pYkbKnsrXSc

Hiroki Kikuta already has better arrangements 5 years ago, why they didn't use those is beyond me

Awful remake with awful arrange music

The remake came out like 4 days ago and I thin you mean /vr/

My bad, what I meant was /vr/ lol.

I returned it to gamestop as soon as it arrived. Didn't even open it.

They aren't invincible though, it adds the damage which will be added in sequence, not a single strike gets forgotten.
People fail to comprehend it is and was a thinley veiled turn based fighting system not fucking Zelda.

>They aren't invincible though, it adds the damage which will be added in sequence
Only for one attack till it knocks itself out again, if Randi, Primm, and Popoi attack the same time the damnge will not add up.

Give me a remake of Seiken Densetsu 3, if only for 3D models of Angela, Riesz and Charlotte

>People post The Oracle remix the other day
>dozens of "wwoooOOAAaaahh so bad!" posts
>I think it's way better, especially given the Dark Lich fight as context.

Am I just retarded? The new OST seems fine.

It will be added there after, I have over 30 hours in it, just trust me on this, not a single successful strike is forgotten.

It doesn't have a shit translation and the actuals story nuance from the original nip version, so this is as close to the original plot you'll get

Wrong as noted above is an upgrade.

>Disco bagpipes

Not even mad, this is fucking comedy gold

I think they're gonna flake on it, just like FF5 and 6.

Even if they did redo it, the Adventures/Secret treatment isn't gonna cut it. That game has amazing spritework.

This, I was shocked how much story was missing in the orignal release.

>Well? Is it worth buying?
>What's the Cred Forumserdict?

wait until this soulless remake is $20.

DAILY REMINDER THAT NINTENDO SWITCH HAS THE BEST VERSION OF SEIKEN DENSETSU 2

Considering word of mouth is going against the remake's favor, I wouldn't be suprised if it got ported just to avoid damage control

Can't wait to pirate this within the upcoming months.

>soulles
Don't tell me you're that autist who defends Sword of Mana in every Mana thread.

It's the contrarian persona of Cred Forums in effect, don't mind it.

that minimap has better graphics than the actual remake

Where is Legend of Mana in all of this? I only played that during childhood and not the Secrets series ;_; By the way, I just wanna share, when I played Domina City's theme, even my mom would say it sounded nostalgic even though she never touched it way back then.

>It will be added there after,
It won't damn it, let's say Randi has a 37 attack, Primm has 28 and Popoi has 24, if the three attack at the exact same time the game only registers the first frame to touch the enemy, it won't mean a 89 points attack, it will either 37, 28 or 24.

What you are saying is the scaling in intervals, Randi attacks once, enemy is knocked, Primm attacks it again while the enemy is knocked, it works, her attack will register once the enemy gets up and instantly knocks itself out again, then it comes Popoi and it repeats again and again.

What the fuck is this garbage

It would cost way too much. That games spritework is top notch.

>If you are just a nostalgiafag that remembers having fun hitting things with your neighbors and forgot how flawed the game actually is stay away from it.
Underrated post

Agreed, especially the peacock-patterned tree, that tree made me feel the old vibes of the forgotten South East Asian Empire.

Hear hear, I only played Legend of Mana too, when I was a child. And didn't know nothing of the map arrangements of the artifacts and the locations lol.

How fucked are Prophey and Star of Darkness. Give it to me straight so I know 100% to turn on the OG sountrack.

Oh shit, my dad told me the same. The power of music, man.

Legend of Mana created a bunch of furries with Daena and Sierra

youtube.com/watch?v=j2OlV44nfRQ

The intro screen is pretty kino

Too bad the remake itself is trash

I agree with this assessment for the most part. I'm content with it, if not enthusiastic. Primm redesign is a miracle though, screengrabs for days.
On a sidenote, is it still true you can't get extra orbs from the from the Fortress crab after hitting Level 60?

No, what I saying is when all three attack, lets take your example, the enemy will be knocked down taking 37, when he gets up he will take another 28 but will be able to move for a splitsecond and finally takeanother 24 with a short hitstun animation. And this chain will only get longer with every successful attack.

That was one of Yoko Shimomura's earliest works, right?

The boy is cute cute!!

Yessir! It was amazing!

The fuck?
How would you even platinum this game?

Lady still got it at least when it comes to KH.

post it pls

She does, is she still one of the composer for KH3?

What? Was there a glitch that you can get all of them of the crabs or something?
Otherwise I was at level 91getting the last orb from the respective enemy and I was at fucking 99 when I got the second glove orb last time I played the snes version.

Some tracks are better actually.

youtu.be/9jsrv65DL04

People are meming that it's too chaotic and overbearing, but the SNES version pretty much went for the same thing and was even more repetitive.

youtu.be/bjcMrKiplOY

Why is this higher priced than a better remake of a better game (Okami HD)?

They'll just make Hawkeye and Liese story the canon one since it's the most popular one and the Dark Prince is the most evil motherfucker out of all three big bads.

Wow it sounded tribal which is cool? Che che che che! Cred Forums is stupid sometimes.

Holy shit, they gotta to slowdown the dancing shopkeeper, it looks creepy as fuck, it looks more like he is having a seizure.

She'd been working for nearly a decade by that point.

It's like the 4rd time Okami is re-released, compare to Shadow of Colossus or something.

Point me to some earlier work then, please?
I'd really like to hear.

They definitely added more energy to it. Really pumps you up for the fight against the big bad.

Then you get to the final boss. ;_;

Oh, just some minor stuff.
No big deal.

youtu.be/2krNuDsEoK4

Literally the only good thing to come out of the remake is Primm’s tiddies. Tigerskin bikini included.

Needs about 20 bucks taken off the price. It's too expensive for arguably a worse version of the exact same game, not to mention you can emulate the original for free.

Anything rememberable?

H-how is the dwarf/gnome city music?

It has extra dialogue and the shit is 100% voiced, so technically it has more than the original game, the pricetag cannot be justified with this, but it's one thing to point out.

Thd original would need a serious retranslation

I'm legit crying with laughter what the fuck were they thinking

>poorfag who is too lazy to get a job.

I have a job asshole. It's just pays me peanuts, while I still have to make loan payments each month. Plus, expenses from all sources get higher every year, while jobs pay the same and/or less.

Paying 40 dollars for a remake of this caliber is too much. Even if I had a fair amount of money, which I will in a couple months, I still wouldn't pay that price.

Steam site says it has

Did you not click the link?
Street Fighter 2 is kind of a big deal.

On further review it seems you can get them at higher levels still, but that the RNG vastly favors lower levels and unoptimised weapons for handing out rewards. Makes sense, I wasn't aware Level 9 weapons were even a thing until my third playthrough on the SNES version.

A wish is actually good but this is really hard to fuck up though.

It's pretty much the ultimate "fuck you I like it" game.

You'll either love it at first glance, or find reasons to hate it because it's new. Secret of Mana was one of my favorite games to play as a kid. My wife never played it. I thin it looks very charming and is true to the original style. She thinks it looks like shit.

Strange thing:

Does anyone else think they used the OG mana sprites for the minimaps? It looks 16 bit to me.

I mean, he made the soundtracks for the etrian odyssey series.

I've no idea how it could end up like this.

>Don't tell me you're that autist who defends Sword of Mana in every Mana thread.

no.

I like Sword of Mana but I have never tried to defend it.

And why does calling this game "soulless" make me a fan of another remake?

I'm fairly certain they did.

Think? It is the exact 16-bit screens from the SNES being used as the mini map.

It's the remix you all thought you never wanted, bagpipe disco wub!

Why is it strange? If the faggots here would stop talking out of their asses and actually play the game for a good couple of hours, maybe they would recognize that the remake is choke full of nods and little Easter eggs.

I want to fuck this sprite (female)

>People are meming that it's too chaotic and overbearing

the SNES was an okay mess. The remake is like "what the fuck" tier

The boss was so ridiculously easy that I was left speechless, then I noticed it was the payoff for the AI companions being so unnactive during battle later on, you are pretty much on yourself if you aren't playing with another player.

Largely irrelevant since this remake looks - as in aesthetically - horrible across the board. I don’t think this is even up for debate. The music is subjective but at least it can be turned off. The remake has brought nothing new to the overall game and screwed up the ONE thing that seems unanimous: it’s looks. Nostalgia hardly has much to do with an artstyle.

P. sure the original game used "he" referring to Sprite.

I'm pleased they decided to go with the optimal choice.

user, nobody plays video games just for the graphics/music.

youtube.com/watch?v=WGJbuHUbw8k

Its supposed to be psychedelic and creepy.
Not some fucking slapbass progrock song.
The alternate version is much better in comparison youtube.com/watch?v=yKLqML6jz68

That is neither a nod nor easter egg
Its lazy asset reusing and also keeps a mobile feeling, which isn't good on my home console game.

Is sprites death still felt or did 3D ruin that too?

What are you talking about, the AI rapes bosses rendering most of them as fucking jokes. Always have them attack what you attack though in the AI menu, making them choose their own targets is bugged or it actually seriously means they wont do jack shit in single target boss fights.

it's like one step up from that FFVI pc port with the hideous awful new graphics

Fuck, I wish I had musical standards as low as yours. I’d be much happier.

Popoi's gender is never hinted at in the Japanese dialogue, using "he" was a fuck up by the English translators. However, the voice actor is female in both languages, so many people consider Popoi a girl now.

The original also had a shoddy translation, everything as matter of fact from Square before FFX had questionable translation, save a few exceptions like FFVI, but then again it could be nostalgia making one think Ted Woosley doing his own touches to Kefka made it better..

Yeah gender neutral but voiced by a chick. So one with the porn!

>$40 for this

What has that to do with mobile games?

Based wife.

>The remake has brought nothing new to the overall game
Maybe not to the japanese audience, but to the west it brough the actual game plot.

only good track in this game is dangers alternate version and the flammie flying theme (not prophecy)

other than the shitty remastered music, which at least is optional, the game is pretty faithful, its mostly up to if you can stomach vita graphics I guess.

Feel free to list a few you fucking cockknocker

There's a sperg who goes into every other Mana thread and always talks about how sterile and soulless Adventures is and how Sword is a better remake.

How about all the art from other games in houses?

How are publishers so fucking oblivious to what consumers want? Anyone with their finger remotely near the pulse of RPGs could tell you that Secret of Mana is a strong cult classic in the West and tons of people played the various fan translations of Seiken Densetsu 3. How fucking retarded and oblivious can Square be to just not be aware that there would be demand for a Secret of Mana collection in the US and Europe, especially if it included official translations for the games we never got? Why is their stance "We released the collection in Japan only because everyone had played those games before" rather than "We should release the collection to the world BECAUSE THE WEST NEVER GOT AN OFFICIAL RELEASE FOR SOME OF THESE GAMES AND THEY COULD BECOME A NEW MARKET"?

Adventure of Mana remake used the same engine from the exclusive mobile Mana game released only in Japan, and Adventure itself had a mobile release, Secret of Mana's remake constinues using the same engine, but this time there was no mobile release.

Isn't there a cutscene where they meet one of the magic spirits and sprite says something like "I am Sprite. This is my woman and that guy over there is my servant. Now you will serve me too!" Thus implying Sprite is male (and a total chad)

I doubt they could ever remake Seiken Densetsu 3. That game was pretty damn big for it's time and had ridiculous amount of replayability.

>cute loli following you around with a constant shit eating grin

I didn’t say it did, I said it was it’s most distinct feature and it’s fucked. It’s too big to ignore. The fact that the iOS port exists negates this this entirely and that was only 15 quid

What’s even remotely ambiguous in the original to you?

The innkeep (or vendor?) in that Walrus village has some animu bodypillow behind him.

I never played Adventures of Mana.

I only played Sword. Hell, I didn't even know Sword was a remake.

Exactly that’s 1. Keep going. Choke [sic] full you said.

Could be a lesbian dominatrix type.

How’s that an Easter egg?

Drop XIII and XV
add FFTA and A2 as well as Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix

Honestly, you're better off just emulating the original.

Lenght is not a problem when all they are doing is taking the old games and giving a new skin with an engine that seems cheap to use as they have been using for 3 Mana games in a row now; and I'm there was interview somewhere when Adventure of Mana was just released that they expressed interest in remaking the first 3 Mana games if the opportunity arised, but they weren't sure anyone would give the okay, yet here were are with Seiken Densetsu 2 being remade, SnK3 is just a matter if this game does horribly or not, I doubt it needs to sell much to make it a return.

i think i'm deaf. i actually like this.
the game looks like shit though. the mana series is fucking dead, and the moment i saw this revealed, i just gave up any hope for this series anymore.

>the mana series is fucking dead
Then why are they thouching it? Being dead means no games.

>Its supposed to be psychedelic and creepy.
>Not some fucking slapbass progrock song.
It's supposed to be Kecak in both versions, jackass.
youtu.be/CX1rghsOqu0

>Kecak

the fuck is this?

They might actually do better with the next game since they got a bit more experience with the engine. But 3 was a bit of a deeper game all in all with all the class changes and different storylines and what not. I'm honestly not sure.

And no idea how the game is doing. Lot's of people bitching about it with eben "game journalists" jumping on it.

Bali tradition, and the feel the song was meant to go for.

A tribal, chanting, erratic noise as you fight the Lich. SNES, remake and the alt are all based on this.

journalists mean jack shit now, I mean they never really did, but especially in today's atmosphere, garbage triple A games with no soul get high marks and they whine about progressive bullshit constantly. Also how the FUCK can you hate this remake from a gameplay standpoint? I mean okay the music is shit and it has budgeted vita graphics, but the game play is a fucking 1:1 conversion of the original, right down to the AI exploits and delayed damage, if you hate this from a game play stand point you hate the original.

What is it then? Some random shit because this is a soulless remake and everything is shit?

I just don't know the character, if you do it's probably neat.

>And no idea how the game is doing. Lot's of people bitching about it with eben "game journalists" jumping on it.
Adventure of Mana was criticised too, with the same complaints about "being a trash copy of the original with everything being remade pootly", yet it seemed to have justified Secret of Mana's remake with the exact same engine and art direction that people criticised, so I guess people who aren't vocal just keep buying it.

Well I bought it and don't think it's too bad, but it's also not amazing. I appreciate that they did make it though.

I read IA is stupid as fuck now.

The AI was always stupid.

if you mean AI, its literally no different from the original, you can even exploit things in the same exact way

not that bad in my opinion
youtube.com/watch?v=tpHLsTiFq98
youtube.com/watch?v=LlJKcVM_F4s

the boss theme though... not my cup of tea
youtube.com/watch?v=wdIyxSVtPek
youtube.com/watch?v=07MrpcQkPz8

some other music comparisons
ice palace
youtube.com/watch?v=vN5eMiST1i8

final boss
youtube.com/watch?v=gqEmRjtTVzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=tBluTQBC9i0

4season forest
youtube.com/watch?v=NxW6oUEEYAo
youtube.com/watch?v=H_4VL0yu5Q0

somehow I can't find the new version of the sunken continent theme (dark star, star of darkness or whatever it's called)
youtube.com/watch?v=R71kGzAkVgA

>somehow I can't find the new version of the sunken continent theme (dark star, star of darkness or whatever it's called)
>youtube.com/watch?v=R71kGzAkVgA

I think that song got cut from the remake

No it wasn't and it just shows how many people here just grab info from the internet to justify their shitposting, because I keep hearing that shitty rumor.

Takes like 10h to get there. Just pirate it and play the fucking game.

>minimap

Just... why?
Why?
Who would need this?
Who is that braindead?
This is a game for kids.

>No it wasn't

then why can no one find it?

I don't know but I've already finished the game and it had a remix, only thing that changed is that the misuc while on flammie doesn't change either during that part of the game, so it can only be heard at the beginning of the great palace.

All video games are for kids, buddy.

I'm pretty sure kids would be bored by Vicky2, but SoM definitely was for kids.

This remake however is made for 30-something fat neckbeards that couldn't let go. So why do they need a minimap for a game with map layouts so simple a child can remember them?

10/10 game

Makes the dancing shopkeepers even funnier.

You sometimes can't see shit indoors or in towns due to the game having actual depth.
Personaly I think it's just a neat touch to see how it looked back then.

Do kids not exist anymore?
The "30-something fat neckbeards" are the ones ignoring it because it's not faithful enough to the original.

muh dick.

Hi, 31 year old here. Not a fat neckbeard, but you know.

Everyone I know on my facebook who played this game as a kid is LOVING the remake and talking about it.

Started playing the original recently on the SNES classic. Played it back in the day when it was new but only single player and the AI annoyed the fuck out of me. Now playing through with a friend and enjoying the game (just started though). However, I'm a stickler for plot/characterization and I hear thats a major difference with the new version. Just how much more plot/character dialogue stuff is in the remake? Just got the axe so there won't really be any time loss if I get the remake and start on that.

Nu Seiken Densetsu was a mistake

Just like Nu Lara

I think the opposite is true. 30-somethings are enjoying it while kiddies shit on it because mom won't swipe the card for them.

There is probably more dialog in the inn banter scenes than in the whole game combined.

see you in three days user

To be fair, that tribal chant synced with me on a deeper level cause I'm from SEA and we usually have that in our old theatrics.

Well fuck. Now I gotta consider buying/pirating it even though I hear its a buggy mess.

>Just how much more plot/character dialogue stuff is in the remake?
There are a million scenes with the main characters talking together when you rest at the inn, and some of them are actually pretty funny. Last night I did story stuff for like an hour and a half and then went to an inn and watched like 30 minutes of inn scenes that I had stored up in that time.

Yeap, it's Gamelan based which is an instrument that is heavily tied with mysticism here in Indonesian/Javanese and some Malaysian culture. I see now, it's amazing! This version is better. By miles.

Can you set voices to Japanese?

Because I made the mistake of watching on Youtube and man the English voices are god awful shit

yeah but you should play in english just for sage luka's soothing voice

Yes, I did it myself

Yes

Yes you can, it's dual audio.

>this got a remaster
>lol but Chrono can't

why is square so fucking shit

Be enlightened, you close-minded fuck.

Oh so no wonder the Final Boss is pictured as such. It looks like a monster from Balinese culture.

Can you imagine what they would do to the music in a Chrono Trigger remake?

Chrono Trigger is next once this remake succeeds, cap this.

Make a fun remake that is faithful to the original while also including a bunch of extra stuff that wasn't in it before? Count me in.

THE

FUCK?

+Good character models/designs
+More elaborate story
+Fully voice acted

-OST ranges from okay to terrible
-Voice acting isn't great
-Mini map
-Pastel, low-poly world looks like a low budget Korean MMO
-$40

This was in the original game too

No one knows wtf is the face though, always been a mystery

Original OST can be played.
Mini map can be turned off.

I see. Then it's that old-easter-egg-that-will-scare-us-as-we-discover-them-on-accident kind of thing with the devs?

Turning off parts of the game doesn't mean they're not bad.

A full-priced game in 2018 should be better than a 1993 16-bit game, not worse.

Dwarfs are cute! Cute!

Seiken Densetsu 3 fucking when?

You forgot

>+dual audio - can switch between japanese and english
>+can change between the remixed and old ost
>-some of the remixed music is fuckawful
>+

>Everyone I know on my facebook who played this game as a kid is LOVING the remake and talking about it.

That's not helping you in any way.

The problem is that too much of the OST went for a REMIX feel rather than a REMASTERED feel. Which means, good or bad, the original feel of the music isn't preserved most of the time.

Real talk. Do I have the option to switch to original graphics like in the Wonder Boy remake? If yes, instant buy. I hate this 3D chibi shit, they should have learned from Wonder Boy.

Never. Secret of Mana was the only game in the entire series that became famous.

And since SoM remake isn't selling well, it also means no Chrono Trigger remake.

Surely you meant
>-Fully voice acted

Who likes that shit?

>it also means no Chrono Trigger remake.

that's a good thing because you know SE will try and tie it to Cross,it's shitty sequel

You can even see the girl's buttcrack if you have the tiger costume. Lewd.

youtube.com/watch?v=K8jHkgzQbEc

youtube.com/watch?v=WKU2tJufQE4

youtube.com/watch?v=ueK2gBMCQAU

youtube.com/watch?v=8SILyMV6t4g

>Adventures of Mana has great music improved upon by Kenji Ito himself
>Secret of Mana has shit remixed music

What went wrong?

>And since SoM remake isn't selling well
SOURCE: YOUR ASS

So how are Prophecy and Star of Darkness, those are the only two songs I give a shit about?

are there other costumes outside of the tiger and moogle?

I can't attack anymore.Pls halp

No idea. Especially since Kenji remastered SoM's soundtrack himself already.

Many people, just not you and a few people.

No, Kenji Ito only did the first Seiken Densetsu/Adventures of Mana game

Hiroki Kikuta did the OST for Seiken Densetsu 2 & Seiken Densetsu 3

You prob reassigned the buttons. I did it myself by accident once already while flipping thru menus.

Yeah sorry, I got that wrong. Still the original composer made remastered of the track himself.

I think the boss music sounds better now. It's the same song and I've always found it obnoxiously chaotic, though I'd argue that the instrumentalisation on the new one fits better.

youtube.com/watch?v=f-ALoCFbeug

You can tell it's made using the same Vita turd engine of Adventures of Mana and it pretty much lost the unique aesthetics of the original game

But if you got the OG soundtrack on it stays there?

>and it pretty much lost the unique aesthetics of the original game
but that's total bullshit. If you actually play the game, you would see it looks JUST LIKE the original except improved graphically. Don't just look at cutscenes on youtube and judge based on that.

It's a fair bit different.
The thing is that SoM's sprite art isn't terribly unique. The game just has good art direction. Your average villager looks like they're out of a discount Dragon Quest title.

Curse that rise in illiteracy.

That wasn't it.I already fixed it but there was a bug that didn't allow me to attack or any enemy too. I was able to move around but the animation was stuck.

>Optional voice acting is a negative point.

Listen, I turn off voices in games where I can get away with it, but it's not a con for a game to have it as an option. That's like bitching that a game has EFIGS.

>Lots of crashes and glitches

Did those lazy low budget fucks at Squeenix even tested this shit?

Probably not, considering even KH PS4 collection had hillariously bad crashes and 60FPS bugs

The new boss theme makes me want to equip the Sword of Hachiroku

Trouble is most of the time, turning voice off doesn't change the fact that presentation and delivery is set up around voice acting. Meaning slowing down of pace or weird skips at best.
Also: waste of resource that could have been much better used elsewhere.

What about the face in the mountains?
What about pic related?

>It's a fair bit different.
no, no it's not. Not at all. It looks just like the SNES version except with improved graphics.

The boss battle music in Seiken Densetsu is terrible, both original and remixed

Seiken Densetsu 3 has much better boss music

youtube.com/watch?v=A7V3kwZBYdc

Meant Seiken Densetsu 2, but you get the idea

Have they said something about the crashes yet?

Which mana game is the best?

That’s the pot they try to cook you in

secret, mana games are generally shit, but they had one good game at least.

I like 1, 3 and 4. They're all wonderful for different reasons.

No, Seiken Densetsu 3 is so much better than Seiken Densetsu 2

steamspy.com/app/637670

19k copies sold.

The one with best girl

the game's been out for 3 days, this is PC it takes a while for games to reach the amount they're going to sell. Besides, nobody counts on PC sales. The real money comes in from console.

That game als came out consoles, you know?

>We want the furry & furfags audience

Secret of Mana is the best by default, since it's the only game in the series that is an actual legit RPG with a coherent story.

>He thinks word of mouth will save it

I really dont feel like the teammates did much of anything before. They attacked sparsely based of course on their setting and couldnt use magic on their own. Can they use magic on their own now?

And you think needs to sell to sell a lot to make even.
Also how are the nips taking the game. You know where the real money for SE is.

Look at these utter faggots. I bet they never even played Final Fantasy Adventure.

The new series artist is not bad, but will never ever get close to the original.
Dude was literally a expert when it came to it and did it because he loved what he did.

>Died of cold
Fucking japan.

I usually just went Sprite back then and did all the work on my own.

It was supposed to be in the main game before it got chopped like other SNES games because SNES CD got cancelled.

So what's the official Mana timeline?

>Who is that braindead?
the people who buy this remake

>Implying they need to sell more than 20K to break even.
Do you see how fucking cheap this port is?

And kids that need mission markers.

Part of the removed content, the game was supposed to be longer and bigger.
You can notice how at one point the game gets really simple because a huge amount of content is missing.

Eh voice work might be a bit expensive since in Nipland is was actually voiced by people that aren't nobodies.

Heroes of Mana is prequel to Seiken Densetsu 3, you know this because Angela's mother is Princess of Altena in that game, not yet the Queen of Altena like in Seiken Densetu 3

Should I play the original or wait for the discount?

Yes.

Just pirate it, want a link?

Original is way better than this low budget shit

the only big names from the List I saw are Jouji Nakata and Rie Kyugima

>Cred Forumserdict
Stop this

The art of SD2 is truly kino

Google Hiroo Isono user.
Japanese bob ross.
>Tfw most of his works are not on internet

But Adventure/Sword isn't the direct prequel to Mana since the heroine immediately become the Mana and never got together with the hero.

Will we ever get a remake that restores all the lost content?

And those two don't come cheap

No unless someone saved the original plot and vision of the game somewhere

Producer and designer are still alive.
Designer is currently working for nintendo for the Zelda remakes.
And has his own gaming studio now.

Producer and writer is MIA, he is supposed to still work for square,

>Hirō Isono was a Japanese artist born in 1945, and passed away on May 2013.

WELP, NO MORE MANA KINO

Who cares? Secret of mana is prime example of nostalgia shrouding how crap the original game actually is.

That and the composer is getting ignored, instead they hired a literally who whose works sound like he is the guy behind the dark brotherhood.

Producer and designer got fired when Sword of mana finished too.
So you might get the idea why the games went downhill after that.

Made the mistake of revisiting the pure lands to finish the monster guide and went back to the mana tree to see what happens. It reactivated a old cut scene and glitched my characters onto a white screen. Reloading the save brought me back infront of the mana tree but couldnt leave.

>Yuzo Koshiro
>Literally who
Fuck you, I'm mad.

the original didnt need one faggot

>take canon to \Gaea's Navel
>walk up to the magic woods
>meet girl for the first time there
>rest in some town after
>cutscene where the girl tells me she saved me from goblins

Even better, you can mute the voices

Everything he has done is lame as fuck and you know it.

The art literally existed before the game, they just painted the characters into existing artwork

youtube.com/watch?v=5Lp0GJNTRV0

>Etrian Odyssey
>Lame
Here's the (You).
Be careful, it's hot!

Finished it in 22hrs. Expreienced 14 crashes on ps4.

Fag opinion alert!

What's the deal with that doll, anyway?

The blue doll behind the walrus man, dingus. There's little easter eggs like that and paintings in houses that clearly depict some kind of characters but I don't recognize any of them

Behind the walrus..

>Grasping at straws
>can't find better arguments than "muh cannon animations" and "a minor fun cutscene got it wrong"
They must've done a good job if that's all you faggots have after this long. Just like the FFXIV threads still get "MUH 2.5second GCD" argument fucking 8 years later.

People have been complaining about the music too, but otherwise it seems decent.

This is where the mountain face was in the original - you can see some darker green outlines that kind of look like the top half of a head on there, but I don't know if it was intentional or I just see it because I want to.

The Music argument is 100% invalid because the entire, original OST is there and is 1 simple option change away from being used, and that option can be changed on the fly at ANY time during the game, even in the middle of a boss fight, pic related

That's cool, I'll probably switch between the two depending on the area.

>The Best magic comes with explosions

The Sprite's VA and writing both are great

I was so disappointed they couldn't be bothered to fix the magic system. It's like they started toying with it by not making magic damage stackable but then gave up at that point having fixed nothing in the end really. Primm is hot though.

Honestly, I may be in the minority but I like that they didn't really change it. It would suck for multiplayer for sure, but it stays faithful to the original no matter how it might have been. Shit like that is why I'm worried about the FF7 remake that's coming out, completely changed combat system may ruin the spirit of the original. Nothing was wrong with ATB/turn based combat!

My nigger I literally just had that scene.

Tiger Bikini is nice fanservice for sure.

is it the only costume besides moogle

It gets better

>those eyes

Moogle and Tiger are the only two available right now yes. Don't know if they'll add more later.

Yeah I dunno wtf happened to the Sprite's eyes in that one

For whatever reason they glitch if you are playing at 4k.

I feel like it says a lot about what type of person you are whether you focus on Primm's tummy or Popoi's eyes first.

Mine is 1080p so dunno about that. I think it's just that scene, all the effects happening + odd camera angle

What if you notice both almost at the same time?

>Primm
>Suggesting she's a Pure Maiden
>While wearing a slutty tiger bikini
>toppest of keks

>Randi finally speaks up
>I LIEK CHOCOLAT MILK, basically
I love these little bedside convos

People like parasite eve for the same reason

Especially the Sprite.

Prohpecy
If not for the egregious guitar it would be pretty decent

Star of Darkness got cut, apparently.
Yes, I'm mad too, but at least they didn't fuck up my favourite one.

Did they fucking hire the doom 32x composer for this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=RYqS5OEN4_U

Wheres the torrent for this?

Most enemies die in like 3 hits plus you have two party members. What' s your point, cocklord?

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:708BFBB31D488DC8FB1B8669160C053C4CA710CD