lmgtfy.com/?q=Kamidori Alchemy Meister review
youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>turn based
nu-Cred Forums neck yourself

this but unironically

>turn based
faggot

But I must agree that some turn based games are bad, turn based discretizes units of time in games so the effect should be net speedup of gameplay (as opposed to realtime where 30~ will be waiting usually) not slow down.
Following kills the turn based:
> no keyboard short cuts
> unlimited turn time in multiplayer games
> shitty ass UI that only work because unlimited time turns
> millennia long animations that looks like ass
> no automation, you need to do 1000 repetive tasks every turn that are exactly the same

Well excuse me for wanting games that take skill and not just grinding and/or rng.

faggot

Play good turn based games sometime.

>>turn based
only if followed by
>RPG
otherwise I'm always up for Worms

>story rich

Like what?

Heroes of Might and Magic 3

Kamidori Alchemy Meister

SMT Nocturne

Only thing that's potentially deal breaking for me is surival, and not always even then. Dislike ones like rust/7 days to die but like the long dark.

I just love shit games I suppose.

>last good game was released in 1999
Thanks for proving how shit the genre is.
>japshit
>good

>hurr rec me gaems
>durr bad
faggot

>Zombies
>Survival
>Early Access

I asked for good games. You recommended bad ones. You're the only faggot here.

>roguelike
>sandbox

Dead in the water right there for me.

>Survival
>Multiplayer only
>Season pass
>Third person
>2D
>Racing
>Female protagonist

I'd say Darkest dungeon is a good turn based game, with focusing on over coming RNG/interaction between hero skills but YMMV drastically depending on how much you can tolerate said rng.

Not a fan of getting fucked by rng, so I'll pass.

>zombie
>survival
>crafting
>early access
>open world

I'd play anything besides western trash desu.

But LA Noire had a rich story and it was great.

You must be over 18 to post here.

>swords
That one thing easly connects all kinds of games/movies/books I don't like.

Fighting games that are based around button combos.
I never liked street fighter.

>undertale-like

>Indie
>Adventure
>Casual

>story rich
How is this a bad thing is the game is good, wouldn't that be a plus?

>My co-worker keeps wanting me to play Fortnite but it seems like trash should I try it out? I was too busy enjoying Nier Automata to care anyway.

>souls-like gameplay

>Female protagonist
This use not be a bad thing, but now it is most times, Tales of Berseria kind of surprised me by not having a shit one.

>Indie
There are plenty of good indie games, user, unless you have extremely narrow tastes. I'm sure no matter what games I'd list you'd say they're shit so I'll save myself the trouble.

I couldn't give less of a shit about story. And besides, most games that are tagged with that have dogshit gameplay.

>MOBA
>FPS
>Survival
>Crafting
>Open World
>Early Access
>Zombies
>Sports
>Platformer

No, I insist. Name me some good indie games.

Name one Indie game that is also an adventure and is not a walking simulator.

Cuphead
Papers Please
Prison Architect
Dwarf Fortress
Crypt of the Necrodancer
Bastion
DEFCON
Darkest Dungeon
Factorio

The problem with ''indie'' is same as with Unity (the game engine), from player perspecive it is meaningless if game has a publisher or not, so in practice only bad games are called indie/unity games.
Good games are just games.

Perhaps if the first/best thing you hear about a game is that it is 'indie' it is a good marker that it sucks.

Pre order content ransoming
Paid DLC within a month of release
Huge day 1 patches
Season pass
Lootboxes/something for nothing business strat
Microtransactions anywhere but F2P games
Early Access
MMO
PvP-only

>any open world game

>any FPS+Zombie survival

>any "focus on multiplayer or online experience"

>any game with animu on the cover

>Made in the West
>QTE
>Open world
>Sandbox
>Survival
>3D platforming
>Crafting
>MOBA
>RTS
>Sports
>Microtransactions
>Multiplayer
>Inclusive
>Diverse
>FPS

I'm trying to go to sleep soon, so I'll just list some I enjoy: Terraria, Binding of Isaac at least until Afterbirth started the spiral downward, Risk of Rain. Some others that I haven't played personally that are well received are FTL and Darkest Dungeon.

To be fair I can't really defend the Adventure genre as they're almost all walking sims and I haven't played an Adventure game since King's Quest V

What do you even play?

>I play one genre only and refuse to try anything else
ok

>FPS

This

JRPG
fighting games
rythm games
bullet hell
2D platforming
puzzle
VN

Do you have ADHD or something?

Go pretend to be a loli girl on VRchat you hopeless virgin retard

>"return to its roots"

>What do you even play?

ARPG
JRPG
Brawlers/Beat'em ups
Shmups
2D platformers
Metroidvanias
Visual Novels
Flight Sims
TPS
Horror Games
Plenty of other random shit

Just because you don't anything not made by EA/Activision/Rockstar doesn't mean that's all there is in the fucking world.

You're already getting fucked by getting blown the fuck out by random people, that's RNG.

How do you actually manage to get out of bed every day knowing you're this much of a genuine weeb? Like how can you live with the embarrassment?

I hope the Japanese studies are coming along, Ken-sama. Remember to perpetually talk like an elementary schooler when you finally go to Japan and maybe they'll treat you like a human being. Probably not though.

Not him, but all of those games are pretty niche and it's very subjective how good they are.

You got any arpgs to recommend?

>TPS
>but FPS is red flag
explain?

Having massive 'red flag' lists of very general concepts means that you purposefully avoid a lot of games just because you were touched wrong by cowadotty.

And as such are a massive faggot.

That's wrong though HoMM5 TOTE is better than 3 and AOW3 is pretty decent.

Modded disciples 3 reincarnation ain't that bad either.

>gets called out for being a faggot
>posts pic of anime crying and it's fucking fotm shit
Fucking pottery

It's also subjective to treat indie as a red flag and count it against games for no reason.
Even having it as a red flag is a red flag about you, unless you operate on some memetic meaning of ''indie''

My taste is completely different from yours except for fightan. I used to like JRPGs but they take too long and I just lose motivation part way through.

>TPS
absolute shit taste

>embarrassment
Since when is enjoying games associated with embarrassment?
Fun things are fun.

STOP POSTING ANIMES
GOD DAMN IT

>Not liking Turn Based games.

The eternal underage.

You again? Kill yourself already, anti turn-based faggot.

There are typically pretty large design differences between FPS and TPS beyond just their perspectives. If you don't understand those, you probably haven't played a lot of both.

>Having massive 'red flag' lists of very general concepts means that you purposefully avoid a lot of games just because you were touched wrong by cowadotty.

Nice generalization. I've been in the hobby for 35 years, and I've had more than enough time and experience to know that given established genre norms and the trends in the industry in general what certain games will consist of pretty much purely by announcement. Very few exceptions will promise anything different, and that determination can be made just by watching a little bit of gameplay before or around release.

Also, just because your own frame of reference is obviously quite narrow you don't seem to understand the vast backlog of games within my scope of interest that is possible, and that I have.

>not liking Based-Turn games

>Just because you don't anything not made by EA/Activision/Rockstar doesn't mean that's all there is in the fucking world.
I don't know why you presumed that I was a fan of those particular publishers, although I do enjoy some Rockstar games. Just when people exclude all Western games I guess I become a bit skeptical. I suppose if you're a consolefriend you're limited to the whims of ports if you want to play indie shit since Western AAA is mostly shit, I agree.

See

I respect everyone in this thread except for the guy spamming anime
also, >mobas

Say what you want about the rest but both Darkest Dungeon and Factorio are objectively great games. You don't have to enjoy personally, I myself am not the biggest fan of Darkest Dungeon, but you should be able to appreciate great game design and polish.

>non-white protagonist

Unless it's an Asian protagonist in an appropriate setting (like Sleeping Dogs and Yakuza), it's proof that you're on the wrong side of the cultural war. There's no excuse and no way to justify it..

We’ve heard what you said you moron. You’re a faggot.

I gotta say, Darkest Dungeon is kino as fuck, but I'm not really a fan of rng and management, so It's not really my cup of tea. I'm not nearly autistic enough for factorio, so I can't really comment on it.

Are nigger protagonists in an appropriate setting not acceptable? E.g. San Andreas?

> Micro-Transaction
> 5th online fps game in series and still bland
> Too anime
> Early Access
> Sportball

>he wants to play games that take skill
H-ha what a faggot!

>There are typically pretty large design differences between FPS and TPS beyond just their perspectives.
Perhaps you would be able to enumerate them? Ubisoft games will be Ubisoft games but that says nothing about a game from any other developer.

>and I've had more than enough time and experience to know... by announcement
And you appears to be wrong, if after 35 years your best red flag is FPS, filtering everything out.

>hurr backlog
If you don't care about good games because you have your backlog and auto given up on entire genres then ok.
Who has narrow frame of reference, when yours operates on allergically avoiding anything that is even tangentially similar to thing you did not like?

I really hope you are baiting and aren't actually serious.

>metroidvania

We’ve addressed what you said you deaf faggot. Make this thread again and we’ll call you a faggot again. Kill yourself

Real funny, faggot.

Glad to see you have no argument.

Glad to see you can’t read

Get over yourself. Pretty much every single-player game becomes easy when you know what to do. Circle strafing and memorizing enemy patterns isn't that difficult, man. Turn based games are pretty much the same when it comes to memorization and learning, just equate mindless grinding to avoid difficulty to button-mashing through encounters.

By Ubisoft i mean 'group of developers currently working with ubisoft as publisher'.

Which I am ready to reevaluate if they start making different games by publishing different developers.

How have you addressed my argument?
Try playing DMC4 or 3 on DMD and tell me how that goes for you.

It isn't on switch or pc.

name one good game with zero randomness

I always wonder, what do these anti-japan people play? Older western games? Indies? I refuse to believe these people actually find modern, AA(A) western games better. No one should have such bad taste

Sounds like you're intimidated by the amount of options and strategy a turn-based RPG provides and would rather play an ARPG where every attack is as simple as pressing two buttons.

DMC4 and 3 on DMD is pure pattern memorization, just for your information.

Read the thread.

Pong

>hey check out these games that pretty much everyone agrees are good
>I dunno I might not like them so they might not be good

xcom 2

>american rpgs

>game

They are casuals/newfags that play LoLdota only and waste post slots with their uneducated opinions.

That is mostly true with all people that build overly general sucks lists with no examples.

Still harder than 99.9% of turn based menu sims.
>attack
>debuff
>buff
WOW LOOK AT ALL THESE OPTIONS
"Faggot" is not an argument
>rng the game
>good
Shit bait, user.

I have nothing against japanese games, as long as they aren't classic jrpgs or animeshit.

>OP is a dedicated shitposter
I like that you actually bait without memes like politics or reddit

You have to prepare your party with right skills and equipment to perform this.
>attack
>debuff
>buff
And react to what enemy is doing, at what point it differs from ARPG, where you need to have right skills and equipment and then peform in realtime while observing what enemy is doing?

>play chess
>exploring options
>realize it's turn based
>fucking shit rng I ain't gonna grind for this shit

>"Faggot" is not an argument
Read. The. Thread.

Don’t try, OP is retarded and stubborn and will in all likelihood make this thread again

>microtransactions/f2p/p2w/gacha/mobage/lootboxes/whatever
>always online
>launch DLC
>on-disc DLC
t. Grandpa, I know.

>play action-based game
PRESS ( A ) TO SWING SWORD
SPAM ( A ) TO KILL ENEMY

>play turn-based game
Enemy is of a fire element, so I better use water, I have 5 different water abilities of varying energy cost and mana to damage efficiency. If I want to make the most out of my damage, I should use my other party member's lightning attack immediately after the enemy is soaked with water, and use my dedicated healer to buff my spellpower, and mage to increase enemy's immunity.
But I didn't account for the enemy having a higher speed stat than my entire party (which could have been avoided if I inspected him first), and he interrupts my water ability completely ruining my strategy.

>look at this strawman ma!
I admit defeat, you were right all along and I change my opinion to your hotter one.

breddy gud, would read again

Thanks man. Good shitposts take effort.
>resorting to chess
Good to know the last good turn based game was made in 1475.
It takes timing and reflexes. Something that plays 0 part in turn based games.
You have done nothing but spout ad hominems.
>cherrypicking something that doesn't even exist

>strawman
Where?

turn based RPGs are fucking garbage, who's idea was it to make a game thats needlessly complex and hard for no reason
they're not fun, at least ARPGs are fun and easy to get into

How about then say
>I like timing/reflex based games
And not be a fucking trolling babby arguing abstract concept like skill that applies to turn based just as well?

>play action-based game
>PRESS ( A ) TO SWING SWORD
>SPAM ( A ) TO KILL ENEMY
Here.

>moba
>shooter
>blizzard
>ubisoft
>bethesda

>options
Action games have only two, attack and defend(dodge/jump/block), same thing.
You just feel like it's harder because they require reflex, and you are doing stuff all the time. However, when it comes to actual decision making, action games aren't better than the turn-based.

No arpg or turn based rpg plays like you said. You are literally making shit up.

>shooter
>first person
>western
>female protagonist
Pass me the sick bucket

Turn based """"""combat""""""" is garbage. It was a thing in the 90s because the technology to implement good real time combat didn't exist, but there's no reason for games to have this shit now.

Look at this fag. Hates everything because it has a tool.

>made in 1995 or afterwards

>no ARPG plays like you said
bethesda garbage

>no turn based RPG plays like you said
legend of heroes games

The last western game I really enjoyed that wasn’t indie was fucking Rayman 2. Any recommended western games if I’m big on JRPGs and adventure games? I feel like I’m missing out but most of it looks unappealing to me.

>It was a thing in the 90s because the technology to implement good real time combat didn't exist
ARPGs predate the standard turn-based RPG

>I don't like thing and therefore it's bad
>here list of reasons
>
>
ok, have a Sachiko.

can u rec me any games like kamidori?

>no turn-based RPG
This kind of fucking combat's existed since table-top RPGs centuries ago you blatant retard, and digital turn-based RPGs are just a continuation/modern interpretation of table-top RPG combat.

Never talk about RPGs ever again.

>Turn-based combat
>Isometric

Doubly so when combined.

>bethesda garbage
Even bethesda games have more depth to them.
>legend of heroes games
99% of what you said is irrelevant. Unless you are looking to play 100% efficiently, you don't need to consider almont any of the things you mentioned.
Back to tg faggot

>anime
>jrpg
>visual novel
>story rich

Makes me laugh every time
Dumb weeb faggots

And your point is? Is turn based cool because maians played Advanced dungeons and dragons very long ago?

>being turn off by turn-based
How to spot a brainlet.

>he likes to be able to grind/rng his way through everything
How to spot a brainlet.

>moving the goalposts this hard after being proven wrong

>I make shit up on the spot, that proves me right
How to spot strawman.

What a fucking uggo of a cat, should be glad anything is willing to touch it.

recommend me games that are similar to kamidori alchemy meister
I've already finished it
fucking reply

>he doesn’t read the thread and uses the same shit arguments every time and doesn’t appreciate a good story to boot and responds to criticism of action games with “Still better than” showing he has no argument
How to spot a brainlet

How am I moving the goalposts? What you said was nothing but a strawman.

>action brainlets literally have a mental melt-down when confronted with something like Phantom Brave

>he likes to be able to grind/rng his way through everything
how is this in any way tied to turn-based combat?

>turn based shit
>good story
Because in real time combat you also have the option to beat things by skill, not just raw numbers.
>cherypicking one game

>grinding/rng
Git gud.

Go to bed Eric

>I can't find games by myself pls spoonfeed me
user, you are better that this.

Can't git gud when the game takes 0 skill.

>having turn based combat somehow affects the quality of the story
How to spot a brainlet. I await your next retarded reply

>sometimes you have option to x in good awesome arpg
>you never have in sucky turn based games
Watch that straw.

>I have to grind
>the game takes no skill
Pick one.

I think antiturnbasedfag's real fallacy is that somehow real time RNG is fine but when it's in turn based games it's bullshit.

>grind/eng complaint
>0 skill
Maybe you have 0 skill.

>le ebin Eric bogeyman xDD
Kill yourself. Mods should just permaban your weeb asses and send you back to Cred Forums.

>coming to a discussion board to tell people to stop discussing things
Autism

>mom i made this thread again
>look I'm le epic master baiter

Not him but recs aren’t discussion.

>using the same response/buzzword every time
Thanks for confirming it's you Eric

>I want more Sachiko please
ok, just this once.

Then why are you getting so butt flustered?

Superb bait

There's a fucking board for recs.

>Melee combat game while you can move while attacking.
You know you're in for slow, slippery garbage with shitty nu-fundamentals and zero impact when you play something like Chivalry, Skyrim, Mount and Blade, Kingdom Come, etc.

don't you have a xenoblade 2, valkyria chronicles or trails thread to derail?

There also a board for politics, yet 50% of the threads here are political. QED.

Recs are cancer that is killing discussion.
The more you spoon-feed the more of them there will be.

It's alright to share hard to come by content with quality posters but cold recs for obvious content should be ignored at all times.

No I’m not. I’m just sick of seeing you faggots mindlessly sucking the cock of weebshit and then always going “b-but Eric!!”. Why are you people still allowed on this board? All you have is mindless bias against western stuff, don’t like actual games and just spam waifushit every day.

>No i'm not
Yes you are.

>doing easy shit over and over again takes skill
You either have bigger numbers or you don't. To win you need to have bigger numbers than the enemy? And how do you get bigger numbers? Either get lucky with crits/misses or grind to up your stats.

>Video Game

>random start location of ball

Could have said something like chess instead.

>pissing in the ocean of piss is ok
QED my ass.

Alright then what are some games with good melee combat?

>open world
>it's either a huge laundry list or 75% of the experience is """exploration gameplay""" and you really just walk around and look at stuff
Fucking BORING

this

Maybe you are confused what turn based games are?
These 2 that you played and hated doesn't count as representational sample of turn based games, or turn based RPG.

This is what killed Zelda

Nice argument. Just fuck off already.

99.99% of single player turn based games boil down to grind and/or rng. Very few take actual skill or strategy to beat.

>literally seething when you get called out for what you are

Are you dumb or do you not realize what you said can also extend to ARPGs?

Except it doesn't. You can always beat the enemy by skill.

>it's OK to have 1,000+ posts about politics, but 1 post asking for a rec is absolutely disgusting

>this is MY hobby I'm not sharing it with anyone else REEEEEEEE

>from player perspecive it is meaningless if game has a publisher or not, so in practice only bad games
Maybe if you’re a stupid player who doesn’t know shit about games. Indie games are not funded by publishers so they are not beholden to publisher demands to make their game more profitable. This is why a lot of indie games tend to be niche

>statistics source: my ass
Why do you agree then that ``some`` games require skill, but entire chain of discussion is that they don't?

>turn based sux, unless it doesn't
ok, glad we could get this tautology out of the way after 100 posts.

fpbp

Does making decisions based on risk & reward not count as skill? Because essentially that's all games are.

Yes it does. You know nothing about vidya if you think like “hurr ACTION/REAL TIME MEANS SKILL”

Because he’s talking out of his ass of course

The only one that I have played that actually took skill is the wizardry series.
What risk and reward? Getting fucked by that 5% crit?

>407198694
>turn based
>story rich
>visual novel
>anime

one of my favourite games is all of these, legit dealbreakers

>EA
>Ubisoft
>activision
>Indie
>lootboxes in a paid game
>no original VA language
>been in development 10 years
>changed devs during development

>crits don't exist in ARPGs

No it doesn't. in arpgs you can avoid attacks. In turn based rpgs you can't. You either beat the enemy with higher numbers (which you obtain via rng and/or grinding) or you lose.

> the only one YOU have played
>therefore it’s clearly the only one ever or a part of 0.01%
Just stop posting OP, you are uncultured and know nothing about vidya

In most arpgs they don't, and if they do, they are not as sefer and can be mitigated.
I've played a lot of turn based shit. If think you have any suggestions for turn based games that take skill, I'm all ears.

>MOBA

>knows nothing about ARPG’s
In some you can’t dodge you fucking nimrod. Thanks for letting me know how informed you are.

You could've shortened the sentence to just "The only one that I have played is the wizardry series".

>I’m all ears
No you’re not. People already have suggested shit ITT

The dodge mechanic is what separates both genres.

In a turn based RPG, a lv1 warrior will never beat a lv99 enemy.
But in an ARPG that has real time dodge mechanics, a skilled player can beat any enemy by simply dodging everything. This is why action games get naked/no items/Lv 1 runs, meanwhile turn based games do not because of how dependent on stats it is.

Thats not a positive

Fighting games. For 3D non-fighting games? None. Some games have good qualities however. DMC/Bayo/NG all have excellent offense aside from the ranged, Souls games have unbelievably good interplay with basic enemies, For Honor brings some of Soul Caliber 2's gameplay into a real 3D environment (even if it's too slow and there's not enough moves)... but even those games are quite flawed, and none of them even have basic hit-stop. You need hit-stop, hit-stun, block-stun, melee planting, a good defense-offense interplay, a good selection of attacks with varying uses, and lots of stuff for good melee combat.

You may not have a dodge button, you you can still avoid attacks.
They have suggested only two games, neither of which met the criteria.
Thanks man. This is exactly what I'm talking about.

I wasnt trying to side with any of the two. Just stating the difference.

>This is why action games get naked/no items/Lv 1 runs
and most of the time it involves cheesing enemy AI

The truth is all vidya is shit. Action games depend on either reflexes (which require no thought and is based strictly on biological impulse) or pattern recognition (which is arguably something you need in most games in general, including turn based RPGs). If you want true skills then play a sport, nerds

How so?

>you can beat any enemy as long as you’re not braindead right out the gate
No thanks

>Walk into a room
>Cutscene
>Fight some monsters
>Walk into next room
>Cutscene
>Fight some monsters
>Walk into next room
>Cutscene
>Walk to another room
>Boss fight

Fuck you Kingdom Hearts

you can spot the insecure virgin fag through his posts

Your criteria means jack shit.

>wizardry series
There are a shitload of wizardry clones out there. In fact the best wizardry clone on the market is JP and weeb as fuck?

>meanwhile turn based games do not
Except for proper ones with enemy scaling, which also deals with the "hurr just grind bro" problem.

>First-Person Shooter
Only such games I can stomach without blowing chunks are the Metroid Prime games as they're deliberately slower.

Thanks for reminding me all fighting games are dead as fuck on pc.

Both genres can have "low%" runs, in TBS instead of doing a possibly repetitive boss fight as lvl 1 vs lvl 99, you plan what you need as a minimum to succeed and only take those options; you have to do a lot of routing.

This whole argument is retarded anyway. People insisting one is objectively better than the other are disregarding internal balance and contextual differences. Antiturnbasedfag successfully baited the lot of us.

I've never played Final Fantasy but I remember hearing there was a main series game that was literally impossible or extremely difficult if you grinded or something?

No thanks. I'd rather just replay some of the wizardry games than play shitty weeb knock-offs.

>quest or puzzle
>stealth

All else is fine with me.

>but they are shitposting too!
Great argument.
is that way
And Indie don't care about profits/seed money and will never pander to people you don't like or include cringy fursona in their games?

Indie is not a correct discriminator that proves anything.

>waaaaaaaah i can't murder my way through everything

Underrated

Stealth is pretty much just puzzle, and he just doesn't like puzzle games. Calm down friend.

None are impossible and all FF games are pretty easy even under the hardest conditions, but you're probably thinking of VIII. VIII has scaling and is easier at lower levels. Certain late game/optional bosses are significantly more dickish at high levels.

IIRC FFXIII fucks you if you level too much or something. Something weird about the mechanics. Haven't played it myself.

Alright then?

Epic samefag

/thread

Holy shit you're a retard

Nice to know you have no argument.

>get rec'd
>I don't like thing due to completely unrelated to discussion artstyle of games
>hurr I must be right unless you keep recing me games, I have no need to provide examples for my point

JRPGS are bottom of the barrel when it comes to turn based games. No amount of nostalgia will change that.

>Gameplay-first game starts with lengthy intro that wastes time establishing fucking nothing in story, tone, etc.
>Story driven game opens with a lot of shitty, unfun gameplay.

Always put your best foot forward.
My cousin and I bought White Knight Chronicles and immediately returned it years back because it wasted an hour of our time to establish a stock JRPG plot.

Metal Max and Etrian Odyssey are pretty good.

Maybe you should play Kamidori Alchemy Meister, which perhaps falls under your JRPGS category, and reevalute your hot opinion based on facts instead of your vague understanding what JRPG is based on 3 final fantasy entries.

Why is it good? Looks like the standard shitty grindy jrpg with a cringy story.

heres my review custom tailored for you
lmgtfy.com/?q=Kamidori Alchemy Meister review

Don't forget to actually play it to form valuable opinion on the subject.

I don't see visual novels as "games". They're more like books

Though, I do hate when a visual novel tries to be a game, and ends up sucking in both story and gameplay.

You're probably thinking of The Last Remnant although that game has it's own set of issues like not controlling party members individually which can be fucking annoying in some boss fights plus also not having the ability to change your party's equipment unless they randomly request something of you is just retarded

>vn
And there you outed yourself as faggot. Your opinion is discarded

I'll pass. I've had enough of games with shitty combat about teens killing god.

Enjoying games isn't an embarrassment but being a weeb is.

>omfg, he likes something I don't!
>childish tantrum mode: activate!

I'm assuming you will be back tommorow calling JRPG eternally and fundamentally shit and that you never played a good one ever.
Have this Sachiko.

>you haven't played every single game of a genre, therefore you can't criticize the genre

There is nothing wrong with VN
If you don't like it, don't read/play it.
But I will think less of you if you skip on great story just because it has wrong format

>vn
>great story
Maybe if you are underage and/or never read a good book.

Persona 2 innocent sin

>I played less games in genre x than there are fingers on my hand, and my opinions clearly show that, but I feel I'm right about the genre as a whole and get in pointless arguments about it

> vn == bad, therefore I'm right, here are reasons why storytelling in VN format doesn't work
>
ok

But if you give one a try maybe you'll see the appeal. You cant judge something by looking at it. I can make the same argument against action button mashing games.

Because that's not what the audience wants. Imagine rewriting any classic book into VN formant, without adding waifus or moving away from what made the book good. Do you really think the VN audience would like it? Do you really think the sales would be good?

Alright then. How many games do I need to play before I'm qualified to say the genre is shit? 5? 10? 20? 50? 100?

Who says about rewriting anything? VNs format fits branching paths/choose your adventure format, and excels in these types of stories, doing much better than paperback works.

Format itself could work for linear works as well in my opinion, althrough there aren't many of these.

I can't accept refusal of genre on story argument alone, since it is one thing it does correctly.

Enough to build reasonable arguments based on facts and examples, precisely showing points that are inherent attributes of JRPG that are unchangeable, unless game stops being JRPG.

Currently you operate on some ephemeral biases or caricatures of games in question, and then treat it as your argument.

My point was: the audience doesn't want good stories. They want waifus, self inserting and pandering. This is the same problem anime and manga have. The format itself is not the problem. The audience is.

The problem is that JRPG is not a genre set in stone, and whatever flaw I point out, you can just go "that's not what JRGPS are about and is a general problem and not a problem with the genre"

VN as a medium can be interesting or shit in delivering a story. Not only are there branching past but muh red truth, player interaction, wall breaking and other sorts of things they can do. Different mediums do different things. For example a movie adaptation of a book delivers the story differently.
Although most of VNs are shit not giving a second glance at.

And do you think that the book audience has more nobility than that?

I'm afraid you are strawmanning some of the all time greats of literature vs Clannad.

How about visiting mainstream library and checking the shelves?

Why not try? maybe you will find something, and if not perhaps we will reach consensus that JRPG format says nothing about quality or what the game is like.

GTFO normie

I never said anything about modern literature. Why do you think the owherhweliming majority of classics are older books?

Well that depends on what you define as the "jrpg format"

I don't think classic are only older books, I'm merely assuming by your answer that you read random 2 VNs, read 1000 books and from that assume VNs must be shit since majority of good stories was in book form

What I'm saying that there are books that interests you, and there are VN that could interest you as long as you will not make sweeping generalizations condemning them.

We are having this argument, you want to call JRPG shit, so there is a definitive thing called JRPG enough that you can make sweeping generalization based on it, right?

>Video games
Fuck u weeb, i can smeel your Doritos from here

Why are you this mad at a weeb for not liking your casual and shit games?

I see your point, but I highly doubt that I could find a VN I would consider to be very good, since I dislike many staples of the medium like waifus and bland protagonists that severe as nothing but self-inserts for the reader. That said, with enough digging around I could probably find a VN that I would enjoy, but that would honestly be very difficult and most likely not worth the time.

How do you find good books then, when staples such as `waifus and bland protagonists that serve as self-inserts` are rampant there as well?

It could be said about any genre that you need to dig for games, maybe you lack the channels to find works that interests you?

One argument against VNs that I can come up with is that they can't be read on a bus due to Visual part (with teenager fiction you can hide the cover) and that there is no standard how gamey they can get, like Utawarerumono with full blown SRPG battles or Kamidori, which is basically RPG anyway.

I think that it is worth the time to find stuff you like. You already do it with books.

>it's embarassing enjoying certain genre or games made by certian country
That's some embarrasing mindset.

Real talk, after reading this thread and seeing the turn based vs action argument I thought about some enjoyable experiences on both camps and I came up with XCOM 2 and Invisible Inc for turn based, and that made me think about the crux of the issue here, I mean in those two games the gameplay is very "deliberate", as in you go from mission to mission and they usually matter for reasources or whatever else you're trying to accomplish in the "big picture" so to speak, and then I remembered I played Trails 2nd Chapter recently and I didn't enjoy the combat at all since it's usually just mashing attack or a spell the monster is weak to and I only ever thought about moves on certain boss fights but even then most of them were more like "a bigger dude with more health" and I think that's interesting to think about since not only does this game has a turbo mode but it's a common feature in a lot of remakes now and I also hear about people fast forwarding when they're emulating to which almost implies some level of being ashamed of this combat system or that it really doesn't matter all that much or it's no really a focus of the game

Now don't misinterpret my words here I'm not saying all turn based is shit, far from it I really like those 2 I mentioned at first but moving on to "action" based we see this issue a lot too, many times regular enemies are just complete pushovers, just fodder for you to kill and move on, and only the bosses pose a challenge, or sometimes even then not that much, I guess in some ways it feels less worse since turn based usually just takes longer but the point I'm trying to reach here is just the issue of "trash mobs" in general, there are plenty of "boss only" games and they're usually great experiences for me because they condense the execution of the mechanics to situations that really matter, but then again how could you not have trash mobs in a "regular" game, I only thought about this just now but I don't really see an obvious solution

>give me suggestions for good games
>dismisses them with buzzwords

>rpg
>action
>real-time
>turn-based
>non-virgin female characters
>female characters are attracted to other characters aside from the main character
>female main character
>female cahracters aren't sexualised
>female characters can fight or think
>grinding
>open world
>linear
>invisible walls
>quick saves, autosaves etc. only save and quit is good
>strategy
>walking simulator
>puzzles
>disgusting liberal commieshit opinions

some of the best games last year were third person
>yakuza 0
>nier automata
>persona 5

No music on this list? Reeeee

focused on multiplayer

>Multiplayer only
>Free to play
>Linear

Why have all the animephobes and japanophobes and moephobes of the world decided to converge on Cred Forums? Isn't this the LAST place you would come to? What is wrong with you?

Only x out of the y boards are meant for anime
Who cares if the software is based on some gook site
Reddit told me there were good memes here

>I guess in some ways it feels less worse since turn based usually just takes longer
This is not symptomatic of turn based games, designing turns you have more control what should happen during them and how long it takes, and since 1995 there are no issues to calculate NPC turns in realtime

It is possible to design fast turn based, nethack and most rogue like are turnbased, even through it might not even feel like it at times.

I don't think there really is a problem, the problem is that game X sucks, or has bad user interface and timing design.

There are arpgs where it can take longer than necessary time to do basic stuff, like Knights of Honor on PC, this game is unplayable without time speedup mechanic.

Jrpg is not a genre.

Then what is it?

Knights of Honor is a real time strategy (grand strategy?), not ARPG of course.

>we still pretend that it's 2003 and that Cred Forums is just Cred Forums and containment Cred Forums, instead of being a super casualized mass internet medium general interest site with a few Japan-related sections and a bunch of non-JP-specific sections all built around a core of Cred Forums
I love this meme.

There is no pretend here, fukboi.
Don't like it? there is that startup called reedit that could be more up your speed, I'm not even sarcastic.

Cred Forums as a whole is anime-oriented, hence the constant anime images everywhere (far more than on other sites).

>all built around a core of Cred Forums
Anyone that's been here longer than a few years or one summer collectively pretends that Cred Forums hasn't existed in a decade. It's the single largest containment board of anything ever. We don't talk about it.

At least try to make your retarded falsefalg somewhat believable.

Ding ding ding!
This is the real reason cuz some guys don't like turn-based, and is not cuz those games are boring, is all about that those games are so fucking hard to braindeads

>calls people fukboi
>tells others to go to reddit
pottery

but san andreas is great

Reedit is not an anime imageboard, so I through you would find some interest in it and could handle some banter in the process.

>I've only played one game in the entire genre, I therefore know everything about said genre, and that every jrpg is about teens killing god

I can meme too faggot

I'm not the guy you were talking to. I was just admiring the amazing pottery in action.

>dark souls image
>dur third person is bad
bait

>There is no pretend here, fukboi.
So you're saying it actually is 2003?
>Don't like it?
I'm mostly here to talk jrpgs and Jap srpgs, so actually I personally don't much care about how much Japanese stuff is here, because I'm here for Nihongoshit anyway, after getting linked here from an anime forum in 2004 (so technically I can't say for sure what 2003 is like, but literally everyone here knows how the site started, shit's just common knowledge). I just find the pretending that things haven't changed funny, is all.
>there is that startup called reedit that could be more up your speed, I'm not even sarcastic.
Ebin thanks for the heads up!
Modern Cred Forums is general interest, but ok.
The point was that Cred Forums has what has been drawing more people here than any other section since roughly 2007/8. A decade or being being drawn here by a non-special-interest section. It's not hard to understand the effect this has on a site.

>Nintendo exclusive

>PC game without mouse support

>Modern Cred Forums is general interest, but ok.
Which is why there's constantly anime stuff posted on just about every board (and anime banners on every page), which is something you don't see on truly general interest communities.

Nep is fucking rubbish, why do mouth-breathers on Cred Forums shill them so much?

What the fuck?
I'm just participating in the thread with my tastes.
Why would anyone "falseflag" on Cred Forums?

>being unable to use anything but a mouse
People like that actually exist?

Why do mouth-breathers on Cred Forums constantly complain about and hyper-focus on this series when they don't even know anything about it?

Is this faggot ACfag lite?
He keeps making these threads and making almost the same arguments as ACfag, but his make slightly more sense that ACfag's "Story = Shit game"

Not an argument

Anyone that hates communism is just false flagging.

>Modern Cred Forums is general interest
Says who? I don't remember any decisions by the king of Cred Forums that we stop posting anime related images, as long as content is board related

If somebody has an allergic reaction to anime, then they should consider something else, reedit really is a general purpose site for dicsussing anything.

I think you are overestimating impact of Cred Forumspol/int

could you cite source of your claim?

Eh, I'll give it a shot when I go finish my book backlog.

>Says who?
I did. Pay attention.
>could you cite source of your claim?
Being able to see, and watching the grandual declining shift over the years to how much of the site's discussion is anime-related, and what percentage of the userbase cares about such things.
Beyond baseline "lol hey bro there are still anime images everywhere"
like this moron.

Those peopel must filter/ignore the fuck out big protion of Cred Forums for them to enjoy this place.

>Persona
>Xenoblade
>FF 14, Tifa thread
>Kiseki
>Yakuza
>Yoko Taro games
>Touhou
>Ace Attorney
>Danganronpa
>Nep
>Tales
>Nintendo
>Fire Emblem
>Gust
>Fighting games
>Miku
>VN
>Fate
>Kizuna Ai
>cropped hentai
>JAV
>random/seasonal anime pic thread

Seeing all these and normalfags can still say shit like:
>this community doesn't like Japanese games, anime fuck off

How am I a moron for stating a fact?

>creation club

At least for recent Bethesda games

Sorry, but hope you can live with the fact I don't cosider your opinion decisive.

>there is a shit on the floor, could you guys stop?
>this is how this place is, it can't be changed
>check these percentages i don't even cite
>this is now a shit community
Can't argue with that.

>not liking weebshit makes you a normalfag

You're a moron for thinking it negates the fact that the site has significantly shifted over the years and has spent the last decade with a constant stream of new members who weren't brought here because they like anime.

> the site has significantly shifted over the years
Which is why there's constantly anime stuff posted on just about every board (and anime banners on every page), which is something you don't see on truly general interest communities.

>pvp focused
>visual novel
>bioware

>PC FPS game
>only has matchmaking

It's not an opinion.

>Outdated normalfag memes
>Complains about Chinese cartoons
Yup, it's a normalfag.

heres some VIDEO GAME RELATED opinion for you

Calling things weebshit and getting offended by them makes you a normalfag.

>this is now what constitutes as a normalfag
pottery

Is this the only bait you have? You've been spamming it for weeks and its getting kind of pathetic. What do you do all day?

>It's a videogame

>current site owner is a japnigger
HMMMMmMMmMmMmMmMMmmMmmMm

Nep is cute, so it gets posted, also newer games are alright.

>entire discussion begins because people are complaining about how many non-anime-fans there are here now
>gets pointed out it's because the site has shifted
>"Nah bro it hasn't shifted, look at the anime images everywhere"
>the original complaint about how many anti-anime people are here now is an actual admission of the fact that the site has shifted
Jesus this shouldn't even need to be pointed out.

If you are not a normalfag, you would know that complaining about Japanese games is meaningless in this community.

If this is now a generic discussion site then why is anime everywhere? Why are almost all the banners anime? Why do so many non-anime boards have anime related advertisement banners?

And before that it was owned by a white American and was even more anime concentrated than it is now.

I think the entire discussion was about you pulling out of your ass idea that Cred Forums stopped being about anime.

Not sure what you are trying to prove with all this shifting research of uncited sources.
But it appears to be empirically incorrect as pointed by multiple anons.

Complaining in general is pointless, user.

>all female cast

>unironically putting multiplayer as complain
lol fucking virgins, are you scared of talking with people fucking weebs.

Because Moot and now Hiro decided not to change the banners based on the steady increase of non-anime-related discussion.
On the other hand, there's way more non-hentai porn here these days and also tons of non-hentai porn ads. But let's just ignore silly inconveniences like that.

Let's just ignore inconviniences like everything I just said in Why don't you just stick to reddit?

>Today, OP was both a faggot and a troll

Multiplayer to work needs players that are willing to play it enough so it is alive.
It also needs to have players willing not to cheat/use unfun abuse of game design choices

None of this can be provided by developers, so if all a game can say that it is 'multiplayer focused', then there is no guarantee you are getting anything worthwile at all.

Is a multiplayer base that then maybe playerbase will build upon a fun game worth full price of a game?

So that gives you the right to walk into a weeb community and start screeching at them for posting anime? At this point you've already answered your original question as to why there are so many weebs here.

I directly addressed what you said.

Nice Reddit meme, though. Very scathing. Thanks for playing.

You didn't address shit.

>>>/reddit/

>personafag is a brainlet
How suprising.

Last Remnant

>Because Moot and now Hiro decided not to change the banners based on the steady increase of non-anime-related discussion.
I guess they also decided not to make a rule about posting anime and am deciding to not not post an anime video game picture right now

"""ranked""" """matchmaking"""

>OP

forgot my image, proving myself wrong in my ability not to not post an video game related picture.

Silly, illiterate monkey, see this post: I'm here for Japshit, not here to be anti-weeb. I never asked why there are so many weebs here at any point. I know why there are a fuckton of weebs here. I also know why there are a fuckton of non-weebs here now. I choose not to ignore the existence of either, as some people do.
Please learn how to follow quote chains on image boards.

It's impossible for anyone to ignore the "non-weebs" since they're crying and screaming and pissing themselves 24/7 because Cred Forums isn't like reddit and their mental illness forces them to keep coming here every day.

>class based rpg
>can't respec
what the fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

>Open world games
>Watered down rpgs
>Faggot OPs

keep telling yourself that

You asked why the banners haven't changed, I said why they haven't. One dude decides what they will be.
You pointed out anime ads, I pointed out non-anime ads. I directly addressed your points.
Please never stop replying.
Nice Reddit meme again, by the way.

Dude, sit down and calm down, you don't need to create a shifting community theory just to explain why there is anime crying. it's because

>people that shouldn't be here are here
>legit criticism for pointless picture posting in discussion thread with no contribution, that gets derailed into shitpost central due to possibility of above

>OP is a faggot and has shit tastes

The number of anime boards on Cred Forums is extremely disproportionate to what you would find anywhere else, like over an order of magnitude disproportionate. People post anime pictures all the time regardless of the board. There are anime threads on boards not about anime (e.g. threads about gun/military anime on /k/). Boards that aren't anime-related have anime banners. And boards like Cred Forums and Cred Forums by their very nature are going to include anime.

>You pointed out anime ads, I pointed out non-anime ads.
I wasn't talking about ads, I was talking about the banners boards use to advertise themselves.

>Nice Reddit meme again, by the way.
You expect this place to function like reddit.

I've been watching the community shift for the last 10 years, but ok. The explanation isn't for me, it's for the dude who originally asked.
>Dude, sit down and calm down
Irony.

All the best games are either third person or top down or side on for fighters. First person games are almost all garbage.

>I wasn't talking about ads, I was talking about the banners boards use to advertise themselves.
>You asked why the banners haven't changed, I said why they haven't. One dude decides what they will be.
>Because Moot and now Hiro decided not to change the banners based on the steady increase of non-anime-related discussion.

You can't possibly be this blind, it's uncanny.

>Cinematic
>Open world
>Story rich

What the hell are you talking about?

Deal breakers thread
>normalfag scum
>posting on Cred Forums.jp
>again
>episode

All I'm saying that it is wrong, you make a lot of assumptions about how events went and adding some weird narrative to it ignoring completely Occams razor, instead of just looking at what actually is happening.

Feel free to brew that shifting theory of yours, I'm sure we will officially stop posting anime when 200000th wojack is posted.

What matters is not how normal someone is but how long they've been posting. I'm pretty normalfag tier but I've probably been here longer than you so my dick is bigger.

This might be so, but due to lack of visible post count I feel correct to call you a fucking normalfag newfag when you act like one.

fucking normalfag newfag

Go play in traffic.

this so much

Not the guy you were talking to earlier. I bet you came here like 2013 or later. At least you don't say normie though.

Edgy

Triage, dude

A board nobody uses because questions never get answered

Nu/v/ has literally never played a turn based game. I'd be surprised if they've played anything other than Overwatch and ASSFAGGOTS

Being this fucking dense. I guess I'll tell you. It's a fucking containment board newshit.

Maybe it is a subtle hint nobody feels like searching games for you and would rather discuss video games?

>le grinding will carry me through
Try thinking that levels will get you through an Etrian or SMT game and you'll be crucified on the spot.

Except that unless you are severely retarded, they literally do.

but it will in EO1... it's not like you couldn't grind level 30 on first map.

Any game with unbound growth or bound growth where max level allows steam rolling content inherently can be grinded, turnbased or not.

After spending how many hours doing said grind. At that point it's like finding a cheese strategy for a action boss but you have to wait an hour for the poison damage to tick down.

Sometimes I legitimately wonder if people are so braindead they genuinely believe all turn-based games or all JRPGs or whatever suck. Like have you never fucking played Alpha Centauri or Panzer General or Ys or Tactics Ogre LUCT or something.

I just don't get why people like this even visit a video game board.

You are either retarded or you've never played the games , skills and team comp are what get you through those games.

Minutes. If you need hours of grinding, then you are extremely retarded and are doing something very wrong.

>T-t-that d-d-doesn't count!

Have you even played EO? A bad team comp with terribly allocated skills will fuck you up and require a shitload of grind if you want that to work. Instead of that you'd be better of literally losing 2 levels and rebuilding your skill build.

If you try socializing in real life you will notice people hold biases against stuff for absolutely no reason and are very adamant about it.

It is a mind issue. It is another matter if they try to assert in on public imageboard, this cannot be allowed.

Normal person
>play a turn based jrpg
>never grind and just play through the game normally and get a fairly decent challenge having to think my battles through a bit
Cred Forums autist
>play jrpg
>autistically grind for hours on end which is already boring
>steamroll through the rest of the game because you are overpowered
>WHAT THE FUCK THESE GAMES ARE SHIT, HOW COULD THIS HAPPEN TO ME?!?

Open world

>It's the dark souls of...

...fleshlights.

Not him but Etrian Odyssey just seems like this unclear mess just for the sake of it and people somehow mistake that for being "harcore", like just reading through the mechanics in this lparchive.org/Etrian-Odyssey-II-Heroes-of-Lagaard/Update%2001/ really makes me cringe, I mean you're somehow supposed to know what each class and skills do from the start and somehow make a "good" team out of that, what if you had a decent team and then can't do shit about it say 20 hours in? Or want to use one of those unlockable classes which are also pretty stupid btw, because you'd spend hours grinding a new character from lv 1, then there's other dumb shit like the game not telling the % a level up on a certain skill increases, AGI stat being almost useless and weapons mattering a lot more because of obfuscated multipliers, way too many random encounters which really drag on as the game progresses, unrewarding sidequests, key items fucking up inventory management and some numbers in the status page being literally meaningless in regard to actual damage calculations to name a few

Turn-based is only (usually) bad when it’s attached to JRPGs. Things like Xcom or VC2 are good shit.

Anything anime. Shit is so childish and usually melodramatic.

>strawmanning a strawman

It's called trial and error. You can reset your characters and rebuild them. These games are based upon games of yore like Wizardry PGotMO. Not all of us like our games spoon fed.

I think you're confusing it with Disney or something.

>JRPG
I like how you gave examples of good games but for bashing bad thing you settled for all JRPG.

>turn based
>isometric
>cinemtaic
>"your choices matter"
>bioware
>ubisoft

and most importantly, this one is 100% garantee a game is garbage
>Cred Forums makes shill threads about it months before release

>trial and error
>good game design

pick one

>pixel shit
>platformer
>early access
>survival
>battle royale
>fps
>online only
>isometric
>QTE
>MOBA
>anything involving diversity

Yes, and?

>Spoonfed underage faggot
>Actual faggot

Pick one

Why not specify what turn based JRPG games you didn't like? There is little possibility of discussion otherwise.

>mature games for mature gamers such as myself

>relevant information in a game all about planning your party is somehow spoonfeeding
>just trial and error ex dee
>takes countless hours to raise another guy from lv1
>latest games in the series actually implement improvements which by your definition would be "spoonfeeding"
>it took them a decade to make these changes

He's in high school now, and it's time for him to put aside childish things.

youtube.com/watch?v=Gd9OhYroLN0

I have several red flags

>racing
>rhythm
>puzzle
>adventure
>VN
>action-adventure
>platformer
>sports
>fighting
>beat 'em up
>FPS
>TPS
>stealth
>survival horror
>educational
>roguelike
>RTS
>TBS
>4X
>grand strategy
>simulator
>any RPG
>real-time
>turn-based
>japanese
>western

Anybody else agree they all suck?

>VC 2
>good shit

>atmospheric, open world

Wait there are people who think EO is hard?
Even the most basic understanding of how a jrpg party works allows you to cookie cutter your way to victory to everything except the post game.

>Underage spoonfed fag
>Has never played early dungeon crawlers
>For that matter has never played a single game of d&d
>Does not understand that older/intelligent players appreciate hardcore games without spoonfeeding
>Calls this bad game design because he can't enjoy these titles

Go play the Witcher 3, Skyrim, and FFXV spoon-fed babby

Absolute fucking truth. Except for third person.

>Does not understand that older/intelligent players appreciate hardcore games without spoonfeeding

I really hope you're being ironic here cause that reads exactly like something out of a "virgin vs chad" meme

>projecting this hard
>not even addressing any of the arguments
>thinks being forced to spend more time on something is "hardcore"

why don't we try something new for a change: Post deal closers ITT
>roguelike elements
>six degrees of freedom
>merchant/economy system
>level destructability
>synth-heavy soundtrack
>goofy character customization

if this isn't the most casual newfag to vidya i'll eat my hat. go back to mobile games or the wii where you started.

Make a thread for this. I'd do it but I'm over the post limit.

it is done

Side note you picked the worst game in the series known to be sadistic in it's own game design.

>jrpg
>turn based
>visual novel
>anime

if you hate all these then Cred Forums is not a place for you bro. please leave.

we get it, you dont like persona fuck off

>early access
>turn based
>AAA
>mobile port, be it from handheld or phone
>console exclusive post ps3
>local multiplayer only with no singleplayer
>multiplayer only with no singleplayer
>multiplayer focus above single player at all desu senpai
>loot boxes
>non-story content DLC
>unskippable custscenes
>forced tutorial
>annoying characters on screen all the time (Shulk, for example, made me drop Xenoblade 9 hours in because I honestly couldn't tolerate him screeching about the monado and the power therein 100% of the time anymore. Ongoing policy is to drop any RPG with annoying protagonists instantly)
>performance raping DRM
>DRM on top of steam at all
>steam, if I'm feeling petty
>at any point ever references real world social media sites or companies at all
>campaign mode has content locked behind incredibly annoying minigame that has no bearing on the main game, good example being dark cloud 2 fishing

I've gotten old and bitter. If its not a 10/10 or fun to play while drunk I don't want to waste my time with it.

I'll just leave this here.

>it's an 'ACfag thread gets 500+ replies' episode

Nice html editing, bro.

Are you me, OP? I also don't play games with none of those descriptions.

Nah I'm too retarded for whatever that is. If that's what it takes to make you feel better about some random guy "upvoting" my shit talk, by all means keep coping.

I promised myself that i wouldn't come back here a month ago, and here i am. This is the closest thing i have to human interaction.

The games with those elements are still shit, tho.

I dislike multiplayer-only. Those games are always trash.

>grind to level cap in Bravely Default
>go to fight the bosses in Eternia castle
>get roasted alive
WTF BROS I THOUGHT GRINDING WOULD LET ME BEAT ANYTHING??/??/?

>"RPG"
>It's just a mediocre action game but numbers fly out of the enemies

What defines an RPG?

It's a role playing game, you role play as some character and participate in his adventure.

So Ninja Gaiden Black is a RPG? Not shitposting here, just want to get that out of the way.

Turn-based is completely cancer though, outside strategy of course. If you honestly think turn-based JRPG garbage based on grinding is good you have chronic shit taste. You honestly think nu-Cred Forums dislikes turn-based? Divinity Original Sin 2 was the hottest thing since sliced bread among the redditors here.

Yes, alot of game would classify.
As far as game enthusiast are concerned RPG is about leveling and upgrading a character while doing quests DnD style (to somehow label these games as genre, since otherwise RPG label is useless in its orginal meaning).
It is not well defined term at all.
Calling something like Ninja Gaiden Action RPG would not be wrong.

>he doesn't play low level games
>he wastes time grinding instead of playing the game

>I don't like thing
>I precommit to dislike anything that can be tangentially connected to this meaningless label, based on minimal sample of games I tried
ok

Turn based games are boring, not even as a kid i liked them, not even the first pokemon games