Give me one argument against games having an easy mode. You know you can't...

Give me one argument against games having an easy mode. You know you can't, because accessibility is objectively a good thing.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE
clinical-innovation.com/topics/clinical-practice/playing-video-games-reduces-grey-matter-hippocampus
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=go_Oe6XbDTc
youtube.com/watch?v=nmmqarQRSSE
youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c
youtube.com/watch?v=UKc1V50lNF0
penguinrandomhouse.com/books/250728/srsly-hamlet-by-william-shakespeare-and-courtney-carbone/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Because the entire point of playing a Dark Souls game is to overcome the challenge and difficulty it presents.
Otherwise it'd just be another walkimg simulator.

Having different difficulty modes makes every game worse. One difficulty mode allows developers to fine tune every encounter to be just as challenging as they want.

If you want an easy mode, then go play easy games. Don’t complain that a purposefully diffficult and hardcore game isn’t simple enough for you

A game as a work of art shouldn't give away its intended modulation to give certain emotions just because everyone can finish it. Since its main purpose is conveying those feelings that go with the game's theme, the game would lose meaning.

>difficulty settings

>Because the entire point of playing a Dark Souls game is to overcome the challenge and difficulty it presents.
Even on easy it would have a challenge, it would be just a lesser challenge.

>pathetic.jpg

Accessibility that doesn't distort the creator's vision of said game, yes.

You don't have to play it. If the game is too hard for you then just fucking play something else and stop being an annoying little bitch.

You have no right to enjoy something other than the way the author intended it. If difficulty is what they wanted then it should be played difficult or not at all.

The creator wanted a specific challenge.

>game has different modes that change the way the game plays instead of easy, normal and hard
BASED

It's a waste of development time and it's actively working against the vision of the director.

Because i dont want plebs to have a pleasant experience?

No, it's not. The point is to actually play the game. Not get blasted by some bullshit boss for 6 hours.
Just scale the damage. It's not that difficult to make an easy mode.

There's an easy mode, it's called using guides, many people here do it, I don't because I'm not a loser, journalists couldn't even do that, don't understand how anyone listens to them.

Accessibility should be multiports and not an abussive price, not fucking around in Disney-land.

>original DooM has difficulty options
>Ninja Gaiden has difficulty options
>some of the Contra games have difficulty options
Are they all for numales now, dumb fuck.

Games should be accessible to everyone. Everyone should be able to finish and experience the game in its entirety. Imagine going to a move and then getting kicked out half way through because you failed the quiz about what the first part of the movie was about.

Dark Souls games aren't actually hard though

just give me an ingame map that fills out as I progress and i'll play these shitty games. i'll never play a game that wastes my time on purpose by being obtuse.

Give me one good reason that a game can't pander purely to people who like challenges.

This. I'm fucking tired of tacked on hard modes.

>Being stuck on a boss for 6 hours
You must be terrible at video games.

Games aren't movies, games aren't books. Games are games, and you need to git fucking good.

>dewm
>ninja gayden
>cucktra
lmao

>too poor to afford pen and paper
>too much of a brainlet to map out yourself

Dark Souls has always had an easy mode, summoning. Just more proof that journalists don't play the games they cover

To me the difficulty of dark souls taught me more about life than any other vidya game before.
Turning down the difficulty in a dark souls game ruins the most important message of the game. If you feel the need to lower the difficulty it means you haven't learned the message yet and need to keep playing it.

All the Souls games have an easy mode, it's called using a shield and stacking your Vit across the fucking screen.

imagine demanding that an author use smaller words in his books so that you can actually understand it

>approximately halfway...as he repeatedly failed to chase down a rogue drug dealer
This stupid nigger wasn't even close to halfway if I'm thinking of the mission he's thinking of. What the hell is wrong with these man-babies? Why are they hopeless in accomplishing tasks that early tweens did with almost no problem? Beating a game and writing a cohesive paragraph are the only barriers to entry for working in this field. If you cant do those, you don't deserve to instill opinions into people that can do the former.

Unrelated, fuck this pretentious, grandiose style of writing. Vidya gaem """journalists""" need to seriously wake up and realize exactly whom their target audience is. They need to learn they can be replaced with the average/v/irgin without anyone batting an eye.

Because it undermines the game's artistic merit by presenting it as a product. Some games can have difficulty tiers, sure, but just as many can choose not to. Authorial intent dictates the product, not the consumer.

Dark Souls does have an easy mode, it's called summoning. Just because you don't literally pick it from an easy/normal/hard list doesn't mean it's not there. Those sort of difficulty selectors need to fuck off and die, being able to choose the difficulty while you're playing is always superior because you don't know what the baseline difficulty of a game is before you've started playing it.

Anyway "accessibility" refers to things like colourblind mode and support for remapping controls. Things to help disabled players get into the game. Being shit at games is not a disability.

This if the game was easy the whole tone of the game would be ruined. The whole point of the games is hopelessness. The whole hollow thing is about people giving up.

>actually comparing video games to a movie

I swear this is a bait-level 2008 PS3 has no games drivel.

The game ends when you put down the controller. For some it might happen on the first boss and for others at the post-credits screen but everyone plays until the end.

Maintaining the exact vision of the creators of the game is a great argument against having any difficulty options.
So is treating it like a rite of passage. Knowing that everyone who beat a game went through the same experience makes conversation with each other afterwards a lot more satisfying.

Completely different art-forms. For all intents and purposes, the game depends on the player to be continued, and if this one cannot continue then that's the end of it. This person may use guides or cheatcodes to get through it, but the subject factor is needed for a game to function. If you haven't been challenged by a book or a picture in your life to the point of revisiting again and again tough chance.

I never claimed they were, but they might oppose a bigger challenge for some than for others.

Yes, the point is to overcome its challenges by playing the game. The idea is to get better at it as you fight enemies.

Hey grandpa, we use movie and tv adaptations today. No one reads books.

I think dev intent matters here. If there are fucking casuals who can't handle it, they can get modded versions or cheat.

You are a dumb cunt. Do you think you're the only one having a hard time? It's hard for everyone, the only difference is that other guy has the balls to power through it and figure out how to get shit done while you bleat like a newborn goat. Souls games aren't deep at all, you basically have three actions: block, dodge, attack. Just like any other RPG, all you have to do is level up or upgrade your weapon and if you still can't do it you can summon people to do it for you.

if you don't want to play the game you're free to watch a lets play or walkthrough on youtube

>accessibility is objectively a good thing
This is objectively wrong. Making a product that caters to everyone instead of investing those resources into making it better for the core consumers hurts the final product.

Not my fault that the giant knight with the halberd is impossible.
You are what's wrong with the industry.

Dark Souls has an easy mode. It's called summoning

it has an easy mode that's called summoning. Oliver Cragg should kill himself and stream it online.

it felt way harder playing a vit/end build trying to be safe and shit. Was much more enjoyable just shitting points into str/dex or whatever to scale your weapon damage and just fucking everything up

at least you know it'll teach you to dodge properly

Guys this is a troll. Stop taking the bait.

You can literally play one handed if you summon someone. You have to actually be retarded to be unable to beat any souls game. There are walking simulators that have more difficult gameplay than having a full group in any souls game

the way halo does it where it has a lot of modes but one difficulty clearly labeled as the intended mode is pretty great
then again i don't know if i would've gotten good and pushed through DaS or DeS if there was an easy mode
my main concern is people who are actually handicapped. if they could play a game if the difficulty was lower or a couple of things were changed around, they should be able to have that option

Wow that's weird, I don't see these people demanding Life Is Strange to be less about retarded teenage angst for 15 year old girls so that I could be included.

It's not fair that there are games out there that I can't experience because of my inability to deal with shitty games

The point of the game is the challenge it presents. The point is that you learn to overcome it and play within the parameters better, and feel accomplished. It's about growing and getting better. You can't just expect to pick up darts and throw 180's on your first tries.
I don't mean to sound contrain or like a dick here, but Dark Souls games aren't hard. They're actually pretty well made for how 99% of people will play, and if you take the time and play it correctly, you'll be fine. Maybe it's because the majority of people playing games now are born post-2000 and are used to games being pretty easy, but Dark Souls is a lot like an old NES game, it's pattern recognition, timing and you get better by trying over and over and learning.

Imagine watching a movie and not understanding the whole thing because the director didn't treat the audience like retards and didn't have every detail verbally expounded on. Imagine reading a book and not understanding it because of your limited vocabulary.

Everything should be dumbed down so that everyone can experience all of it.

Why do you fucking retards take the bait every time?

>literally no arguments

I love how Bayonetta did its modes according to a clear progression and learning curve in the player, even though it makes playing the games in other consoles much worse. Dark Souls wouldn't work with that though, any other games that do it?

The industry was perfectly fine before (they) swarmed it. This happens with literally every niche medium or hobby. The real problem is crying that something is too hard even though there's proof that thousands, sometimes millions accomplished the same task you are whining about. It's not impossible, you just refuse to learn and that's sad.

>it's always an avatar of a white male with extremely underdeveloped upper body

As a modding enthusiast, I can't. Choice is good.
While I honestly believe that playing on easy mode will not give you the full experience, people should be allowed to decide how they want to play a game.

I feel like every game should also include a "tourist mode" difficulty setting, so you can play it just for the story if you want. But only as an addition, not taking away from any already present difficulty settings.

This. It's like an ice cream store with 99 kinds of chocolate flavours and 1 strawberry flavour and then some faggot comes in and complains about the strawberry flavour

not giving that guy up there a (you) BUT

why wouldn't you be able to pass a quiz about what the first part of the movie was about that sounds pretty basic lmao

The difficulty is there to enhance the tone of the game. And no, accessibility is not always objectively a good thing, you are not entitled to being able to finish the game if you buy it.

The creators of a game don't have to pander to any players needs.

If you don't like that, don't play it

>Give me one argument against games having an easy mode

Because it will never be easy enough to please absolute shitters.

youtube.com/watch?v=OOjXaAZHEQE

Videogames haven't been niche since the 80s lol

This is the equivalent of some retard buying a rubiks cube and then crying that theyre entitled to be able to solve it since they paid the money so it needs to be dumbed down into allowing only 3 blocks to require lining up

It's bait you dense fuck

Killing yourself is also easy mode.

I'd suggest you do that.

The author does not owe it to you to experience a game your way. Man up or fuck off. A game for everyone is a game for no one.

Then why do you need an easy mode?

>still being mad about an article from 2016

>i'm i quirky, guys? see this arcade? so weird, right? see my funny facial expression?
absolute stereotype

He's not the OP he just wants to shitpost about souls

I'm not against it, but it shouldn't be called 'normal' mode nor should it be standardized in any form. People who enjoy higher difficulties are often forgotten about in modern games.

Game already has a difficult setting in terms of its weapon choice. It's not From's fault of journalists are too retarded to figure that out.

>single player games
Learn a bit about MMR where if you suck you get matched with players who also suck. There is no easy mode, just fairly matching retards agaisnt other retards.

>Best weapon in ds1
>Low requirement stats to one hand it
>best weapon to stun cunt bosses and deal lottsa damage
>Poise
Truly the best game in the series desu

Dark Souls already has an adjustable difficulty.

Are you the fag who made this thread last night, but instead of accessibility it was about diversity?

Souls always had an easy mode.
It's called summoning.

There's a difference between "accessible" and "dumbing down for retard casuals". See: Monster Hunter World. Very, very accessible. While being on the easy side of MH games, the challenge is definitely still there. All the accessibility in the world won't stop you from needing to git gud. Well, as long as you don't get carried in multiplayer but that applies to all MH games and Dark Souls games too.

>A game for everyone is a game for no one.
That would only be true if all options applied at the same time. In other words, if existence of an easy mode somehow affected normal mode gameplay. It doesn't. This is the big difference between software and other media. Since it's interactive, you can add options without ruining the rest.

what is the game is already easy and you're just shit at video games?

Gatekeeping video games has to be top tier autism, like imagine being so upset that someone you'll never interact with or talk to is playing the game on an easier setting than you.

Aslong as there is a mode that caters to me, wanting a challenge, I couldn't give a flying fuck about what level of accessibility everyone else gets.

The people who want more challenge are forgotten in modern games. Having a difficulty slider that just makes enemies tankier and resources more scarce is some of the shittiest and most prolific kind of game design. I don't really care if they want to have some baby mode for people who just want vidya cred to say they finished something, but these people will always avoid admitting to the difficulty they played on because they know they suck.

i would prefer it if people who were bad at videogames were not allowed to play them.

Who the fuck is this already I've seen this gangly fuck for months now

clinical-innovation.com/topics/clinical-practice/playing-video-games-reduces-grey-matter-hippocampus
Games that don't challenge a player in some why are bad for you

>casuals are literally braindead
Really made me think.

>who the fuck is this?
youtube.com/watch?time_continue=78&v=go_Oe6XbDTc

Why was I the only one to use Large club instead or this piece of shit? Large club is more pleasing aesthetically, has way better moveset AND poisons. Both have S scaling in STR, and Great club only does slightly more damage. It's stupid to have all attacks being overhead smashes.

Because it's not hard, co op is already easy mode and if you can't do shit even in it you 100% are braindead and should consider suicide

I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND

>denying the necessity of a single game being altered from its intended state is tantamount to gatekeeping an entire medium
Blatant disregard for the actual discussion

Easy nodes require resources to be spent on balancing difficulty.

>fuck I need money and clicks
>I should write something intelligent and thought provoking
>heh fuck this. Better attack the DaS hardcore meme because DaS fans are literally autistic and click on my shit like mad.

>Games should be accessible to everyone. Everyone should be able to finish and experience the game in its entirety. Imagine going to a move and then getting kicked out half way through because you failed the quiz about what the first part of the movie was about.

Movie comparison isn't viable because no one turns off your console and tells you to do your homework or something when you fail. Dark souls is accessible to everyone and everyone can enjoy it fully if they spend enough time to learn how to play the game. Failure state is necessary in dark souls and it enhances the experience, it allows you to become a better player which is unique even among other hard games.

When will people realise that first playthrough is easy mode.

In defence though, multiple difficulty modes is fine if the extra modes enables new attacks and AI patterns from enemies. Most of the time though it's just lazy damage sponges that may just hit a bit harder while doing nothing new.

This is a bait thread but there are points to be made.

Making a game accessible means to make it as easy as it gets to understand the core mechanics, optimize the HUD, desing levels in order to assure the player is never stuck on dumb details but has to actively think on how to proceed, and reward when the player gets it.

However, when it comes to difficoulty settings, this might often be impossible since games have a theme, a challenge, and many aspects that are tuned and require to be that way, in order to mantain artistic integrity.
Taking away the challenge from DS bosses would make them feel trivial, taking away that kick, and robbing the wolrd from it's charm.

A game has to be designed with it's core audience in mind, and only then, when possible, extended.

Accessibility makes a game grey. It makes it boring and bleak because instead of trying to captivate a single audience it has to broaden itself to the tastes of as wide of an audience as possible. This creates a circumstance in which the game doesn't feel genuine or interesting. Hence why tourist hotspots are novel for all of about a day. It makes gaming a business venture instead of artwork, it becomes a cash grab instead of something enticing to be enjoyed.

Spicy food is not enjoyed by all, but for those that enjoy spicy food, it is all that more enjoyable because it is trying to do something, anything, instead of being bland and mediocre for everyone.

Maybe in other games, yes
But what's the point of this in Dark Souls?
There's barely any story to uncover and if you made the enemies easier then you'd just be playing a dungeon exploration simulator

This
and not even good one at that

Except now resources like development time and budget money that could have been spent making new armors/weapons/spells/areas/enemies/bosses/better ai/etc... have now been wasted on trying to re-balance the whole game again for faggots who have the learning skills of a game journalist and shouldnt be playing this game alone and just summon to see the pretty world in their walking simulator or they are literally just too lazy too learn how to play and just want instant gratification. Making a game for multiple people always distract from the original audience and lowers the quality of the overall product because of it.

Accessibility is a good thing in the sense that allowing for a variety of peripherals and considerations for colorblindness means more people can play and enjoy the game.
The clamoring for an easy mode however is typically not made by those who actually want to engage with the game by learning its mechanics and how to utilize them effectively i.e. play the game. Unlike with the prior examples of accessibility there isn't a physical barrier but instead there is more commonly a barrier of apathy. This is very obvious in the case of Dark Souls as there are many ways integrated into the game that allow the player to circumvent the game's difficulty but rather obvious apathy prevents these people from utilizing them.
Designing a game around one difficulty that it can use to effectively teach the player how to play the game and properly engage them with the experience is generally more effective than forcing the game to viably be at least competent at multiple difficulties both in terms of how the game plays and how many resources must be used for their development and this is entirely ignoring that a game where you could hypothetically throw in the towel is fundamentally a different feeling game from one where there is a hard barrier to overcome because you know there isn't always an easy out

And scaling the damage is just bullshit. At both ends of the spectrum you wind up with a game that fails to provide a compelling experience. The easy mode is crap because the player can simply muddle their way through the experience and never has to actively engage the game. The hard mode is crap because past a certain point the core gameplay decays into a handful of niche stratagems that aren't actually the focus to deal with enemies that require an inordinate amount of ordinance that can also kill you with a blink. Both times the player that chooses either difficulty first is likely to rob themselves of a good experience unless the hard mode is good in its own right

The overwhelming majority of video games are already on easy mode by default and don't have a hard mode anymore. Complaining that the 1% of games which are only slightly more challenging than "press X to win" also need to cater to you is the most self-entitled bullshit I've ever heard.

Dark Souls tells its story mostly through gameplay. The reason why it's hard is because the world is harsh and unforgiving. It's supposed to keep you alert and on your toes.

This is why summoning exists, it's the lore-friendly easy mode; the game gets less difficult because you're getting help, it's not compromising on the world building.

The whole point of games like Dark Souls and Demon Souls for that matter is to challenge yourself. Without the challenge the game is just pointless and it would detract from the theme and atmosphere of the game. I'm currently learning to play the Piano at the fucking internet old man age of 33, I'm not expecting an easy mode here and I know I got a long road ahead of me to git gud at this shit.

An easy mode would mean that a certain amount of players who would have pushed themselves and overcome a challenge are deprived of that accomplishment.
The games world is designed to feel daunting and indifferent, an easy mode would cripple that tone, believe it or not gameplay plays a role in the vision a game designer has for a game.
Then there’s the online community aspect, having a base level of challenge in the first play through prevents further fragmentation of the player base, also players helping one another know exactly what they are going through.

>This game that I suck at but like for superficial reasons not related at all to the gameplay needs to be easy enough so I don't even have to play it to get to the end
If you're not playing it for the gameplay then just fucking watch it on YouTube, don't demand the developers spend extra time and resources catering to you and likely diminishing the experience as a trade-off for those who actually do want a challenge.

>The reason why it's hard is because you didn't know the world and enemy attack patterns
ftfy

Games Journos are just conceited hacks who want to make it easier to breeze through a game so they can slap out more reviews in a week and earn more dosh.

It has nothing to do with accessibility.

Life isn't accessible for everyone, why games should be?

Movies and paintings are not accessible for blind people and they shouldn't been.

Same as dark souls isn't accessible to retards and it shouldn't been.

but this game isnt diverse like black panther

I just want to say that I appreaciate MGSV for ridiculing the players who opted for the easy mode with the chicken hat thing. I recall some game journalists having to play the game in that mode.

I hate shit like this. A game ridiculing you for playing on easy mode is an instant refund for me.

It's funny. Don't be such a little kid about it.

i'd be ok with this just so i could make new pvp characters quickly, to get around the respec limit

Good, you should stick with easier games.

I love that shit. People throwing a tantrum for being bad is an instant buy for me.

there are some games that are just nowhere near as engaging in easy

same thing with normal. I know a lot of action and turn based games that lot of people seen as mindless button mashers when if you turn the difficulty to hard the gameplay gets really engaging with more mechanics you have to use and watch out for.

what they should do is add a pernanent death mode
no checkpoints , must finish the game in a single run
so you retards think the one with bonfires and saving its easy mode

>Can't deal with the challenge of playing on normal mode
>Can't deal with the stress of the game making fun of you
>Post about this on Cred Forums where you will be made fun of

Because Nietzsche.
Let skilled/patient gamers play challenging games.
All the others can play their shitty games.

You are limiting the skilled/patient players by forcing everyone to play on the same low level as you.

Nigger, das 3 has respec option.

>learning to play the piano
>not forcing the manufacturer to make every piano a player piano
You are everything wrong with the music industry

At least the comments destroyed that "professional" failed journalist right?

Why is the same faggot making this thread like 3 times a week? Is he horrible at Dark Souls or something?

Going slightly off tangent but there actually are movies for the blind called "audio described movies". There's a voice over that quite literally describes all the motion that is happening on the screen in between dialogues. Most blind people can still see some colours and light so they can barely make out certain things.

Because no game should conform to people outside it's intended audience.
You don't demand madden to cater to non-sports fans. You don't demand Halo provide for realistic sci-fi simulation fans. You don't play Call of Duty expecting it to cater to RTS players instead of FPS fans. And you don't play Dark Souns to experience anything less then a challenging experience for the average player. If you're not comfortable with or don't want a challenge, why the fuck are you playing dark souls? Take some responsibility for being a discerning consumer instead of expecting everything to conform to your own tastes. Can't find much that matches your tastes? Gee, could it be because people outside a games intended audience have been demanding series conform to them for so long that every single long-running series has ended up a dumbed-down, oversimplified, repetitive and samey open-world experience in the interests of appeasing as many people as possible without actually challenging or standing out in any way out of fear of alienating the consumers that refuse to meet the game on it's terms and cry that it doesn't cater to them instead?

Keep this shit up, and we will literally just end up with nothing but reskins of the same generic open-world game over and over again. Every single game will become like the dynasty warriors franchise, the exact same thing over and over and over, with slight differences in characters and art style from one series to the next.

5 times per ng+, yes
by the time i got to ng+4 i was pretty tired of it taking longer each time

Properly bait, but anyone who actually does think that should kill themselves.

You can't help being blind, but you can certainly git gud at video games.

Why the fuck are you respeccing that much?

Whilst Dark Souls couldn't work with an easy mode (not least because of the online aspect of it) I do think there's no excuse for some games to have trivial or 'keep trying until you win' modes.

One of the reasons the Lego Games sell shitloads if because of the unlimited lives and instant respawns that means that good gamers get to go for ratings, bad gamers will eventually get through it., The same game can be played and enjoyed by a 5 year old and a 20 year old.

FPS' are games where there's no excuse for 'turn me into a bullet sponge' mode. I know a 60 year old who bought the first call of duty modern warfare and couldn't get past the tutorial because it has a stupidly strict section where you have to run through a door and shoot a bunch of targets in a pretty strict time limit. Took me 2-3 attempts but even on the easiest difficulty setting (which doesn't change the timer) he was simply not capable of doing it.

Gameplay is integral to the game experience though. This is more like a confusing film coming with someone explaining metaphors for idiots.

A major point on the matter. The reason Demon Souls and Dark Souls took off was because they were the only games at the time that weren't afraid to screw the player. At that time I actively looked for games with a decent challenge because I was bored with how god damn easy all the big games were so why in the fuck would anyone with that mindset want an easy mode in the Fromsoft series.

If you don't like the difficultly then hack the game on your end, don't screw the rest of us over that yearn for this challenge.

>He doesn't know about the infinite respec glitch
lmao @ your life

>not forcing the manufacturer to make every piano a player piano

They already exist dude, like literally have existed for about a hundred years at least now. You literally just put in a sheet and press pedals and the piano autoplays the song.

Yes because dark souls in huge part is about overcoming your own weaknesses. That's why people love it so much.

stop false-flagging

This thing has always seemed stupidly dangerous to me.

If he gets his head caught in one of the tighter bits on the way down, that's a broken neck.

Look at Ubisoft and their offerings over the past decade, it's already happening. Skyrim, Horizon Zero Dawn, Shadow of Mordor et al are following the same shitty formula.

because i like playing different builds, kinda like choosing different characters in a fighting game i guess

explain pls

Reminder that there are blind people who are better at video games than the OP journalist.

youtube.com/watch?v=nmmqarQRSSE

That it is, it's why games are great. Because it's all within your control and your decisions. How you would approach an obstacle in game and how someone else would makes for interesting train of thought and conversation. Games(video or traditional) are actually excellent tools for developing sharp critical thinking ability in people and keeping that critical thinking ability well into old age.

The kid is already guaranteed to get some infectious disease from simply being in that place already. That's why sane parents don't take their kids to disgusting play places like this.

everything isn't for everyone

this is clearly a joke though

IIRC there was some kind of glitch that lets you respec as much as you like, I did it a bunch of times.

>accessibility is objectively a good thing
No it isn't, being inaccessible weeds out the retards who have shit opinions anyway.
gtfo my sekrit club reeeeeeeeeeeee

youtube.com/watch?v=WbR7MYGPR6c

You're wrong. It will actually make him stronger and his immune system will be ROBUST.

Dark souls is the allegory of life. Life is painful, life is suffering and you fail every time over and over again, and in doing so you get better, it's the powerful message to kids, there is no easy mode, you just get a grip, take responsibility and deal with it.

Because the existence of easy mode completely destroys the feeling of accomplishment, it's like the game doesn't take you seriously.
I mean, why would I try to get these strawberries in Celeste if the game constantly tells me to calm down and not care, and even provides me with journalist mode?

is that hotline bling?

It has an easy mode, its called using the fucking summons.

I am not against game having an easy mode. I am against the easy mode being the standard.

When you respec, assign your stats how you want and accept, the particles around your character will show you have respec'd. However, DO NOT close the window after seeing the particles, leave it open and press Alt+F4 instead. Check a video on youtube if you don't understand.

Reminder that "gatekeeping" is a faganese word and anyone that uses it is a dog shit grade "human"

summons make some bosses harder desu
looking at u midir

Dumbest thing I've ever read. Life has an ultra-easy mode, it's called being good looking.

I like my games to have casual filters.

>Games should be accessible to everyone.
Why though?
Fuck (you) lol

>tfw brother sharp

It's called being a womyn

First off, the game isn’t really that difficult. It just has a steep learning curve.

Second off, there’s a certain prestige you get by completing some of the harder things that would be ruined if some fag can just play on easy mode and see the same thing

YOU KEEP POSTING THIS SAME THREAD EVERY WEEK
and get fucktons of (you)s each and every time

Not good enough.

The functionality should be standard across all pianos so that everyone has the opportunity to enjoy the piano at the same level.

It is objectively better for everyone to be able to experience the joys of creating music, because accessibility is always a good thing

I'm so sick of people gatekeeping when it's obvious that wider appeal is better

>Dark Souls faggits are autistic and prone to get baited
No shit

HOLY SHIT OP AND YOU MAKE THE EXACT SAME REPLIES EVERY WEEK AND IT STILL WORKS

>Tetris blocks should all be lines because the point is to play the game, not getting game overs because of no lines

Summoning makes any boss that can be effectively tanks (not many wide or AOE attacks) much easier.

Makes bosses that are races against time or where it doesn't matter who the bosses aim their attacks harder.

Loads of people summon for Wolnir but I find it eaiser soloing. More HP increases the chance of of him summoning the rape squad of elite skeletons before you kill him (unless they fixed that in patches).

>obtuse

What? You don’t need a map, bonfires everywhere serve as marking points for areas. You want a little quest arrow like Skyrim to tell you exactly where to go? Part of the game is exploration. Part of the game is accidentally stumbling into a boss fight and being taken completely off guard

>try again till you beat it, learn and get better
Difficulty should be fixed in every game in my opinion, so the challenge is how the designers intended and you have to face it. If its an easy game its an easy game and vice versa. Why would you buy into a notoriously hard game knowing you couldnt play it then complain you cant play it.

Harcore players do not want Easy Mode in games because they feel it invalidates their existence and removes their bragging rights around the water cooler. Never mind that they actually believe video games are worth bragging about. Also "I beat the game [on hard mode]" is 3 too many syllables for your average hardcore player to say in a sentence, so it's easier for them to scream and cry to have Easy Mode removed than learn to communicate like an adult. That's also why they spawned the "git gud" meme; because they are illiterate and had to come up with a witty retort when people complained about the broken design of Dark Souls. And, yes, "git gud" was literally the best they could come up with for several years.

Taken from the definitive hardcore player, Mike Matei, "if you suck, you should lose" (whilst discussing a Mario game). Harcore players want to be one of few to beat a challenge, even if said challenge is ultimately meaningless and hasn't improved their life, nor does anyone respect their accomplishment.

In my view, games shouldn't use a difficulty setting at all. Instead the better approach is dynamic difficulty as seen in RE4 and L4D. The better you are, the more challenge you get, and the worse you are, the more the game scales back. Add bonuses to high skill players with more content and challenges, whilst low skill players are simply encouraged to improve by getting more resources at the next milestone so as to not hit a brick wall, but miss out on content.

If you need a difficulty option, Normal mode and Journalist mode should be enough.

These two don't even know what they are talking about. The easiest part of development is tweaking these numbers you are referring to. These things would be done at the same time as you are beta testing the game, meaning you have lost absolutely no time at all.

Also, Dark Souls isn't hard. It never was. I don't know why people keep saying that.

soyboys are taking over the world

Should films have an easy mode?

Because it's easy to die. DS is not hard, just easy to die. Therefore, HARDEST GAME IN THE WORLD, WHAT THE FUCK, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT I AM DOING TO PLAY THIS? FUCK THIS SHIT.

None. But Cred Forums has no self control and or unironically believes playing videogames is an achievement worthy of pride.

They already do, idiot.

Reminder that Tetris was severely casualized with Worlds and that the Tetris Company enforced this standard for all licensed Tetris games since then, effectively killing the TGM series.

Aren't the games pretty successful financially? No reason for them to change it.

The problem with dynamic difficulty is that the moment something is hard and you manage to do badly you end up getting kicked into babby mode and it sullies the experience. I want a fixed experience when i go through a game, where I know it will either be hard or not, not if I manage to die at the beginning and the game puts on training wheels for me.

Just because you're retarded doesn't mean the rest of us are

why are you gatekeeping humanity

Tits or gtfo

>first playthrough
>not NG+, where you breeze through barely buffed enemies with your +10 weapons and 15 estus flasks

Dark Souls is all about overcoming challenges presented in combat, there's nothing else to the game. Just like older games such as MediEvil, Crash, Doom, Diablo etc
There's no other reward factors like open world exploration, story, heavy cinematics, collectibles, puzzles, whatever
So if you take away the only reward factor then the game becomes literally nothing but a boring hallway simulator
Imagine if you removed any obstacles and enemies from a Crash game? Yeah sounds extremely fun pressing the forward button for 2 hours until the credits roll

Also Dark Souls isn't hard its just not easy

The one reason i could possibly fathom for having an easy mode is to experience the ambiance and world-building of the unique design of the game.
However this can be countered by "if you want to indulge in an experience, you are at the mercy of the artist". Which means the game has every right to gate you off from its experience through difficulty. That's the very nature of a game!

>Instead the better approach is dynamic difficulty as seen in RE4 and L4D
yeah except they fall apart immediately for different reasons i.e. l4d's director is broken as fuck whenever a shitter is on someones team and can't keep up, or re4 just being straight broken no matter what the difficulty via exploits
>mfw you thought these were good examples to praise as "dynamic"
lmao imagine typing out this long winded ass "LOL ONLY LOSERS LIKE DIFFICULT THINGS" post only to get btfo the moment you try to actually talk shit about the subject in depth

sotc would be the easy choice because it's difficulty actually changes accordingly and the time trials are for hardcore players but even an average dickhead can wrap their heads around it if they really want to but the game doesn't punish the shit out of them for not taking the time to speed up, you probably don't know shit about that either though

Stop with this retarded analogy nigger. A more accurate one would be if you go into the movies and you complain about a movie being 2hard2understand for your nigger brain. Doesn't mean it's a bad movie, it's just not for you.

You need to understand that game journalist writers are massive plebs who don't even like video games. They see video games as a lesser art form, and they see films as the superior form. Thus they love narrative driven walking simulators.

Back to pol, racist piece of shit

Are you the keymaster?

Where is this from? I'm gonna use it for a cyoa I've been meaning to finish, and I like the art style.

>because accessibility is objectively a good thing.
Literally no

not that i know of...

1 argument? sure. other games exist. There is no justification to make EVERY game the same cakewalk for you double lefthanded bastard.

now go back to your mobile games.

I'm pretty sure all games already have a "don't buy but watch from YouTube" option.

How so?

Dark Souls 3 already has an easy mode, it is called: leveling up and upgrading your weapon.

Is that Tok faggot still around?

this

people who wrote about this shit used to enjoy it and were capable of communicating this via what they were writing by not bitching about the things that are inherently part of the game, and not approaching it like trying to force a square into a circle then getting mad and dropping a point or whatever when it doesn't fit

people who write about games these days are cut from an entirely cloth, 90% have no business being in a position to write about something they have limited experience with, but here we are because having some coke bottle glasses a shitty beard, a liberal leaning outlook and a copy of skyrim or pokemon go means you know what the fuck you're talking about

You can summon like 2 or 3 guys to kill the boss and all the monsters up to it for you while you sit in a corner and twiddle your piddle. How much easier can it get?

They're just failed journalists or movie reviewers. Left to their own devices they'd write about films. They don't even like video games. This explains why so many game journalists are actively hostile to video games.

Liking video games is NOT a requirement for writing about video games it seems.

>You know you can't, because accessibility is objectively a good thing.

If we're going to go into the world of whiny, unskilled videogame journalists I'll out SJW you.

>when the white guy hears you and other PoC co-workers wishing things were more accessable and says "I agree, videogames need to be more accessable"
>[insert chiding black woman jpeg here]

The point is that I hear DS fans brag about how hard the game is. Meaning they must clearly suck at the game if it's so challenging for them.

Something is only "hard" if you are bad at it. So if a hardcore DS fan says the game is "hard" they clearly never got good. I mean, who honestly brags about their ability to read?

Something DS does poorly is inform the player about the world and the enemies. In Mario you can easily read them, but in DS you will just have to accept the fact that the skeletons identify as attack helicopters and fly at you like propellers if you are a little distance away. Because... of course. That's how skeletons work. What do they do you YOUR setting?

>What do they do you YOUR setting?
I honestly cannot answer that

>Regularly write and debate about social issues from the stance of a minority being oppressed
>Completely fail to realize that babby casual easy mode games are the overwhelming majority and have been for over a decade now
>Still argue that the 2% (and dropping) of games which offer even the slightest challenge are oppressing you and need to be made easier for you because you are legitimately incapable of writing from the perspective of someone who isn't a victim

>game has difficulty settings just to padd out game time by forcin you to unlock the higher difficulties
>game doesnt have difficulty settings and is overall fun but challenging

i can't remember the last time i read something online about a game that was written by a person who seemed like they were actually passionate about the subject to any degree, i genuinely miss that shit from back in the day because some people actually had shit worth saying

these days it's the same one trick pony just with a different brand: muh sexism, muh difficulty, muh inclusion, etc. so and so forth
>ywn go to the newstand and pick up a new issue of EGM to read their editorials and reviews and see what's coming out soon to be hype about
>all you can do now is wade through the masses of AAA shilling mainstream vidya sites to that one small site that hasn't been compromised yet where the person writing isn't being paid enough to lie or tell you why you shouldn't like things like this
feels bad user
>this whole post
pic related

>shitty game
>demands easy mode
why? go play gone homo

But Dark Souls has tons of easy modes.

>use magic
>use a shield
>mixmax stats
>git gud

Youtubers used to be genuine too, but then they started paying them off too.

Having an easy mode is fine so long as they do not make the game with it in mind. It should be an afterthought.

Why don't they just play other games instead of trying to change existing ones?

because they have an agenda and that agenda compels them to try to make everything more in line with their beliefs, so games should be more progressive and that means anything from including an obese tranny to rep the obese tranny community to including an easy mode to represent modern video game journalism thus shattering any crazy ideas that HARDCORE GAMERS who only play HARDCORE GAMES for HARDCORE GAMERS have about inclusion, and owning them by spending time writing tripe only their fellow queers give a shit about

>accessability is objectively good

We know this is untrue. The Souls community went to absolute shit after Dark Souls was ported to PC.

There's nothing easy mode offers that an extensive, high quality tutorial does not.

stop crying about mimimimi dark souls is hard.. "how am i suposed to click buttons"
and go play fucking battletoads 2 or contra 3
that were some games of my childhood
dark souls is already fucking easy mode

>imagine demanding that a director use smaller words in his movies so that you can actually understand it

there you go

>if the extra modes enables new attacks and AI patterns from enemies
That's the intended mode, any mode where enemies are gimped is an extra mode.

i can't disagree with this post at all
>t. multiple 300+ hour saves on ps3, one 90+ hour save on PC
the pc community is an absolute shit counterpart for almost any game that has a console version it's pretty as hell on steam but i would never buy that version first because the online portion is fucked from the start among other things

Because those fuckers are power-hungry?

>keep bitching on twitter and blogs about thing you dislike
>they change it
>feel fucking horny as fuck that your shitposting actually mattered

Just like Tortanic, except for normies.

It’s one game. There’s thousands of others for casual idiots to play. Not gatekeeping at all, but you tried!

>here's your fucking easy mode add a pause button

Good, less faggots like you in gaming then.

>tfw the only kind of person who would unironically call this shit "gatekeeping" is the same kind of person who would drop the game they're bitching about after about an hour of play, easy mode or not
>also the very same kind of person who has no idea what that term describes irl
checks out

These threads, whilst intended as bait for (you)s, do raise a few good questions:

1) if dark souls did have an easy mode, but it was just ng, whilst "normal" or whatever had ng+ difficulty, would that suffice? Or is it the fact that "easy" should be brain dead mode because tards like the one that wrote OP's pic related are useless but wanna feel included.

B)Why should any game be accessible? Why do the devs owe it to everyone to make their vision in a way that suits any old fuckwit?

iiv) if a game is popular due to its difficulty, and there is an easy mode added, why do people think that they will be accepted by the community for completing the game on easy?
In ds series, people already shit on people who summon.
So it seems to me that the very reason that people want to have easy mode underneath all of their posturing and bullshit "reasons" - that is, to feel included in the current hardcore game of the moment's community - is invalidated by the very addition of an easy mode.

duno.. bitching about no easy mode in darksouls is like
"wtf why do those stupid game designers dont create a weaponless mode in quake ? i want to play egoshooters but i dont like weapons."

the fags that play through easy-mode ignore actual gameplay in discussions and force their opinions of story/characters onto everyone because in their minds gameplay is a bad thing
this leads to devs butchering gameplay in exchange for wannabe-hollywood stories that are just as bad as Kojima writing

You can and very easily.

Games are about gameplay. They fucking have it in name.Making them easier would make them FUNDAMENTALLY something else by changing gameplay. In DS3 you would need to change behavior patterns of enemies, changing the gameplay. In that GTA mission you would need to redesign entire mission, or repleace it with something else changing the gameplay. It is not just a small change, it is drastic change of player's experience.

You would not go to football players and say "change the rules of football to make it accessible for parallelized". That would be something else. Sure there are easier sports and also popular, but changing one to make it easier and more accessible would ruin it for all who enjoy it now.

You want easy mode if a game? Go watch a movie, because that essentially is what you are asking for. Something else...

But Dark Souls does have an easy mode, it's called using summons.

Why is accessability then a good thing, OP. Tell my why it is good?

IT DOES HAVE A FUCKING EASY MODE.

Summon someone good to help you.

Fucks sake people...

Andrei Tarkovsky says hi

youtube.com/watch?v=UKc1V50lNF0

Remember when boss fights looked like this?

>marxist mode

yeah no thanks

what is this post supposed to mean

Makes sense given most of their love for gay buzzwords

It has an easy mode it’s called magic and/or summons. Not sure what’s so hard to get about that.

>Games should be accessible to everyone.
[citation needed]

Swings on playgrounds sure as hell aren't accessible to everyone

So long as it's an option and you can't switch up from easy to hard at any time to pretend you beat the game on hard, I don't have one.

equality of outcome, access to all, consolation prizes.. basically gaming in 2018

>You know you can't, because accessibility is objectively a good thing.

Prove it?

i cant wait till communism wins

could you explain please

I was wondering if this thread was you. Why do you do this all the time? What do you get out of pretending to be retarded for replies on Cred Forums? What is all of this time spent worth to you?

wont happen until we have a post scarcity society, and if humans are involved.

communism doesnt work.

It already has a built in easy mode, you can just summon people to carry you.

arent involved*

> Everyone should be able to finish and experience the game in its entirety.

You are still failing to realize that it would be DIFFERENT experience. they wound not finish THE experience, but experience of different kind. Originial game experience would be altered and ruined.

Go watch a movie if you want it easy. That is different experience.

Adding easy mode to game would make it two different games and two different experiences that just share story

I am making a new (You) based cryptocurrency so I need all the (You)s I can get.

yeah i just like saying that because it usually makes people really absurdly angry

the man added 20 minute long scene with LITERALY nothing hapening to several of his movies so as to deliberately keep plebs away from them

sounds interesting

thank you

>Having difficulty levels at all

This is fucking horrible, there' no way to just start a fresh playthrough as there should be.

>Make the Baron taller than the player
>Make the Baron attack quicker
>Make the Baron do more damage to the player
>remove fight dialogue
>Soulsboss.dat

Options are bad because the player might take them.
Same reason why freeform saving shouldn't exist, only carefully placed save points(except in games where those are difficult to place, like strategy games), because it tempts the player into savescumming. And even if they don't willingly abuse it, they might unknowingly abuse it, like a player might worsen the experience for himself by playing on easy instead of a proper difficulty setting, especially in a game like dark souls that's entirely built around failing and trying again repetitively.

>humans are involved.
>communism doesn't work.
>muh human nature

This is just the most empty shit. If you're going to shit on reds, do better than American Sunday school propaganda.

Because democracy. You and I are equally valuable, so it's unfair if the game lets you win when I have to lose. The game should just let everyone win.

>Walking down the street one day
>See a guy working in a rock and weed filled field
>He's shouting out to people he has plans to make this field really awesome
>Most people ignore him, say it sounds stupid
>You and your friends agree to help
>For years you chip away, clearing out the rocks and pulling weeds
>People constantly walk by and tell you you're a freak for wasting time on this stupid project
>Over the years you plant various trees for climbing, reading in the shade, tire swings and fruit. You also make a pond for swimming and fishing. You also plant a bunch of flowers along with a beehive for honey
>Over the years the field becomes something great and more people are starting to notice it. Some people that called it stupid are coming to check it out, now!
>One day you come to the field and notice a bunch has changed.
>"Yeah, all these new people here said we needed to make some changes for them. We got rid of the beehive because people didn't want to get stung so no more honey. Some people weren't good at climbing so we cut off all the branches and replaced them with stairs and ladders so everyone can get high up. We're working on the loss of shade issue now. We also put a fence around the pond because someone might get wet that doesn't want to. Also all the fruit got thrown into that juicer because some people didn't like having to peel or cut up the fruit before enjoying it: so enjoy that one flavor of mixed flavors. BUT ISN'T IT GREAT THAT PEOPLE ARE FINALLY ENJOYING THE FIELD YOU SPENT YEARS CULTIVATING? SORRY I'M SHOUTING, THE JUICER MAKES A LOT OF NOISE WHILE RUNNING!"

All games are not made for all people, i.e. weebshit ill never play still sells like hot cakes

That doesn't disprove the user's point.

You know anybody with two working hands could beat this game, no matter how shit at video games they are.

>It took me literally hours to kill Burnt Ivory King
>I am a shitter at vidya
> I'm totally ok with this.

>Why Formula 1 should have a 70 mph speed limit and the problem with "racing to win"

>be me
>decently smart
>decide to join the army
>train hard as fucking possible for months
>keep training all day everyday
>fucking shredded
>read books on the side and now am smart as fuck
>get a call for a mission
>get in truck and drive my way there
>lvl 80 soccer moms out of nowhere
>get PTSD from their fat ass voices
>continue driving
>finally get to the meeting
>get nuked by some fag who bought the "kim jong illest" expansion pack and loot boxes
>be a ghost now
>go to heaven
>my waifu is already there
>shes with another man

This. the same applies to a movie or piece of music. If everything came with a little piece of paper with "everything explained" written on it that would cheapen every form of art we have.

You made the commitment to get better enough to succeed, that's supposed to be the point of challenge in video games. If the game was made easier to remove that challenge, what satisfaction would you get? Why even play the game at that point?

>every product must cater to every possible consumer

this is why movies and video games suck now. focus groups are the death of creativity and vision

>Artistic merit

Every movie needs female characters.
Every movie needs minorities.
Same shit m8.

This notion of every game needing to be 'accessible' is killing games more than MGS4's long cutscenes ever could.
People who ask for easy modes or a skip boss button should either stop playing games or, unironically, get good.
Difficulty is one thing games have over other mediums, as that creates a barrier to entry for people not skilled enough. To take that away would make games shitty movies.

go to /pol

I still don't understand the Dark Souls dicksucking, it's like they never played a game on hard mode before. Oh wait they haven't just look at those 1% achievements on nearly every other bido game. Any game can be Dark Souls as long as you start on the hardest difficulty

What if the easy mode challenge is still too hard for some people? If games need to be completely accessible to everyone, then a two year old should be able to beat Dark Souls.

>The problem with 'playing to win'

Every single day the industry as a whole make games easier in every aspect for this kind of people. But when one game doesnt appeal them... they whine about and demand changes. Cuckoldry at its finest.

But you can't win with communism, everyone just loses.

well right now, everyone loses too except the top 10% or something
just take a look at americas middle-class
it basically doesn't exist anymore and will be completely non-existant after the next 10 years

Because the children of the middle class Americans are assholes who don't want good jobs

OR
>just keep making more and more difficulty levels, and just renaming the old default difficulty to "easy"
everyone wins.

I'd rather have difficulty settings than retarded dynamic difficulty that changes how the game plays every time you die.

Every game ever can be beaten by anybody with enough effort, unless they have some physical deformity and even then I doubt it looking at people like Brolylegs. What these people want is the ability to do their pathetic job of blogging about games without any effort.

Playing on easy mode is pathetic

>Dark Souls is all about overcoming challenges presented in combat, there's nothing else to the game

are you retarded? the reason people give a fuck about soulsborne and nioh died after a month is exactly because there is more to the games than pure combat

Love this meme. You always hear "waaaaaaahhhh these games NEED to have easier modes!", but whenever someone says "hmm, this game is so easy, I wish it had harder difficulty modes" to a game like Mario or something, the same people say "fuck off, nerd, this is a game for EVERYONE, it's not here to stroke your e-peen".

Let's make it this way, if every kid platformer shit Nintendo puts out, if every dumb shooter, if every walking simulator, if all of these games get actual challenging difficulty settings from now on, I'll be ok with Souls games getting easier modes with maps, waypoints, lower enemy agressiveness etc.

>I'm garbage at games and games should cater to ME!
>No I don't have to get better, hard games like Dark Souls are only hard to drive away minority players!

Fuck off you stupid niggers. Game too hard? Can't progress? Drop the game. Go back to your Zelda and Mario titles.

>playing to win is problematic
>this game needs an easy mode so i can win

because if you don't have the skill and determination to git gud you shouldn't be a part of this hobby.

They'd be more suited to playing movies on ps4 desu

Artificial difficult modes ruin the game. What may be a memorable boss fight to you (original design of the game) would be a borefest to the soyboy about played on easy. The borefest was not by design, so why even include it in?

When it's selling point is that it's a difficult series to beat (yes, it's easy for you) then no, it doesn't deserve an Easy mode.

There's literally thousands of other games you can play that are easy.

The problem is that he has to play the game for winning. Next Gen game will have no gameplay and you will win just by downloading the game.

You dilute the artistic vision of the creator by refusing to experience his work as he intended

They are though
Being bad at a video game isn't a genetic condition, it's a skill that you improve over time if you care enough to do so, and if you don't, then you find some other way to spend your time
You don't go to an art gallery and complain that the meaning behind a painting is too difficult to understand

I know this is bait, and that the thread already devolved into something else, but Dark Souls isn't that hard, and if you're too dumb to figure out how something exploitable in games (which they all have), then there's the internet. No excuse.

Now, if Dark Souls were intentionally designed to be bullshit, then that'd be anothet story.

I recently read Blood Meridian but boy was it hard. Why can't books have an easy mode so I can passively read them?

I really wish authors like Dante, Melville, and Shakespeare wrote their books so they were more accessible to average readers like myself who struggle with needlessly difficult books.

JUST KEK MY SHIT UP PHAMPAI

>Super Soyan

The hollows in Dark Souls are representing the many player characters that instead of forging onward and overcoming, simply gave up. The fact that you are missing this part of Dark Souls is ironic considering it is lamenting people like you who never rise to the challenge and instead praise people who learn, adapt, and overcome.
Changing any of this defeats the biggest theme central to the series. It's not dark souls without it.

>Cred Forums falls for yet another bait
LOOK AT THE FILENAMES YOU RETARDS

Someone's probably said it already but there is an easy mode, it's called summoning.

Summon a guy or two and every boss is a cakewalk. The amount of times I get summoned indicates that a fuck ton of players summon help.

>you cant use that argument because i feel it shouldnt be valid!
i see no need to alter my statement.

You must have completely fucked up your build if you think NG is easier than NG+. Also, there has always been an easy mode in Souls, and it's called magic.

penguinrandomhouse.com/books/250728/srsly-hamlet-by-william-shakespeare-and-courtney-carbone/

few people lose, people just think they're entitled to everything without sacrifice or working hard, e.g. niggers and their obsession for gibs but blaming whitey for their plague of black on black violence.

>If you want an easy mode, then go play easy games. Don’t complain that a purposefully diffficult and hardcore game isn’t simple enough for you

This. What's so difficult about playing easier games? Just because Dark Souls of the hot flavor, doesn't mean you HAVE to play it. And even if that was the case, why bitch about a feature (I guess it being 'hard') that made the game to be removed? Da Fuq?

>tfw people literally and unironically believe Wakanda is what Africa could have been if not for whitey
forget black on black violence, white people destroyed centuries worth of precious technology, superior governmental structures and wise, powerful KANGZ

Not all games need to compromise their design simply to be inclusive to people who aren't up to the challenge.
Inevitably some people aren't going to be able to complete your game through no fault of their own, that's just how thing are.
Games should be designed with a specific audience in mind instead of trying to please everyone.

like liberia? gave them all the tools to succeed and they fucked it bad

The entire reason why anyone ever gave a shit about the Soulsborne games is because in an era where every game out there was bending over backwards to accomodate the lowest common denominator they put a sign on their door that said "YOU MUST GIT THIS GUD TO ENTER" and told everyone else to get fucked. If it weren't for that it would be just another generic fantasy series.

Having an easy mode is fine in a game like Persona, Atelier, or Uncharted where the focus is more on the narrative and/or some other non-combat system like crafting or time management. It all just comes down to what your game is trying to do and who it's for.

You'll be waiting quite some time buddy

>6 hours
Holy fucking shit the only thing int he whole series that got me stuck for over 2 hours was SL10 Red-Flippy-Bastard (Gail?) in DS3 and that's only because I had to do it pretty much perfectly because I didn't have the health to make mistakes. If you can't beat a Souls boss when using every resource available to you you're fucking garbage at video games.

>feeling uncomfortable with difficult skill-based shit means you need "accessibility"
>the same word used for visually impaired people, lacking limbs or having some degenerative disease
if you unironically consider yourself in need of "accessibility" due to a tough boss, this means you actually admit being mentally disabled.
if that's the case, why are challenging games supposed to cater to retards?
the whole point of facing a challenge is to overcome it, if even a brainlet can do it then it's not a challenge anymore since everyone gets a participation prize.
a 6 year old kid can tap daddy's phone and easily "access" a documentary from WW2, doesn't mean he will be able to experience the film in its entirety.
also the images in this documentary are also not suposed to be "accessible" for people of that age.

Video games are the art of creating a challenge for the player to overcome.

explain visual novels and walking simulators

Not entirely video games.

shouldn't be considered video games desu

>This is why summoning exists, it's the lore-friendly easy mode
>doubles boss hp
>easy mode
>easy mode is the boss having more hp with one more laggy fuck or retarded npc running around
yeah
nah.
Easy mode is watching a video and knowing what traps and other assorted bullshit the game throws at you before you play.

>GTA IV
>repeatedly failed to chase down a rogue drug dealer
How? All chases in that game are scripted to hell and back. You literally just have to follow them at a relaxed pace till they arrive at their destination and then gun them down.

What's wrong is your reason for wanting it for starters. You feel somehow obligated to play it and have a good time and if that doesn't happen it's as if the entire universe somehow planned all this to make you feel bad. It's a challenging game, you don't like challenging games but you just have to play it so you want an easy mode. It's like getting hyped about RTS but wanting devs to restrict maximum units to 6 or some shit so you don't have to control too much because it sucks. Give units abilities though, then it's tactical, right?

Sure maybe it's easy to just scale down numbers but you're still a bitch. If i don't like some flavor of the month shit i just don't play it.

>relaxed pace
user having to use the steering wheel is abelist and the brake pedal is racist! The only thing you should have to use is the gas pedal at full throttle xxxDDDD