Game has no/next to no kb&m support

>game has no/next to no kb&m support
Why the fuck are devs so fucking lazy?
>hurr just use a controller
No. I haven't touched a controller in my entire life and I don't plan to start now, just because some retarded japs can't be arsed to port their games properly.

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/usb-controller/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:usb controller
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a console port from a franchise that was beforehand console exclusive, take it or leave it

I used my keyboard, it was still better than using a controller.

Fuck you. Devs should be held accountable for shit ports.
>double tap to dodge
>good

>owning a PC
>Being this much of a contrarian retard you refuse to use a controller
I hope you're baiting otherwise you have some severe case of autism or OCD.

Did I say it was good?

Yeah they should but it's been a year and it's never been patched, it's literally a take it or leave it situation

>not acknowledging that much as certain genres are better suited to KB+M, certain genres are better suited to controllers
There's no helping retards like you.

Well, I refunded it, so I already made my choice. I'm just mad about how accepted shit ports are.

They are literally not. Controllers are objectively inferior to kb&m. Every game that is recommended to be played with a controller would be 10x better with a proper port and kb&m

Maybe it's because even though the ports are shit they still run better than their console versions.

Racing games alone prove you wrong shit for brains.

amazon.com/usb-controller/s?ie=UTF8&page=1&rh=i:aps,k:usb controller

>>hurr just use a controller
>No. I haven't touched a controller in my entire life and I don't plan to start now, just because some retarded japs can't be arsed to port their games properly.
Imagine being this retarded.

>No. I haven't touched a controller in my entire life
OP is a fucking retard.

The only games that are better with KB+M are shooters and strategy autism simulators. Everything else is objectively better with controllers.

...if they are console ports.

Still better with kb&m.
>less keys
>less precise controls
By what standard?

Both have their pros and cons. You'd know this if you used both.
The ideal setup would look something like this.

>playing racing games with digital input

>Still better with kb&m.
That is objectively incorrect. Ask me how I know you don't play racing games.

Do PCfats even play video games?

Found the retard of the week.

Explain then. I played all of the dirt series with kb&m and I had 0 problems.

This looks stupid.

yes

Yea that specific design is retarded but the actual concept is neat.

>less than 15 hours in two weeks
You proved his point.

So you're saying you are too lazy to learn how to use a controller? Fair. But don't play Japanese games then.

Not everyone is a no-life jobless, friendless NEET user.

Or games in general.

>I played all of Half Life 2 with controller and I had 0 problems

I work full time and I still can play more than an hour a day.

Is it ok to play Automata without having played the first nier?

Oh wait, it obviously doesn't include pirated games.

>dime a dozen fps
>multiplayer crafting survival extravaganza, but with zombies
>good game that was on console first
>do I even need to say it?
>good game
>good game
In the end you most played recently are typical pc meme games. So no, pcbros don't ACTUALLY play video games.

Yes, totally. You can watch a game lore up until Automata on Youtube.

>Controllers are objectively inferior to kb&m.
You should not be allowed near computers, you have the mindset of a consolefag.

It's like you don't have any other hobbies.

Nier should be experienced regardless of the answer, so play it first if you want the best of both games

>THESE GAMES DON'T COUNT BECAUSE THEY'RE MEME GAMES
So going by your logic BotW and Nier Autismo and Bloodborne don't count either because they're meme games?

I don't. What the fuck is a poorfag living in a second world shitole supposed to do?

Pick up a hobbies that don't cost much money?

>Playing flight sims with KB & M
Lmaoing at you.

Like what?

Language learning, running, lockpicking, drawing and so on?

>No. I haven't touched a controller in my entire life and I don't plan to start now.
I hate elitist human trash like you, drink some bleach please

Automata at first looks like it has no connection but a lot if things in the game are way better if you've played the first

>Language learning
God no. I despise learning languages. Having to learn german for company related business was a nightmare.
>running
I already go jogging a couple times a week, but still, that's not a hobby.
>lockpicking
How is being a burglar a hobby?
>drawing
I am absolutely dogshit at drawing. I had a fucking D in art class all through school.

Its ok, but you will enjoyed slightly more if you do so.
Automata is mostly standalone with some tasteful references to the previous game

>Playing action games with M&KB.
Who actively handicaps themselves like this? I don't play FPS with a guitar hero controller.

How is it a handicap?

KB&M sucks nuts for these games. Try DMC, it's fucking hilarious how bad the shit is.

>KB&M sucks nuts for these games.
In the context of Automata, explain why.

ARPGs are unironically better with a mouse though because you can retain full control of camera movement without claw gripping. That only applies to games with good KBM support though. As an example Dark Souls 1 and 2 are shit on KBM but DS3 and Dragon's Dogma are much better on KBM.

maybe you should refund it

>not doing it the patrician way of combing the two to take advantage of every gameplay situation/genre

Absolute fucking pleb.

One of the best truestylers uses a keyboard for DMC, it's actually better than a controller since it allows more precise inputs and a majority of the time in DMC you're never moving except with trickster teleports.

Because retards are usually thick headed, refuse changes and squander their possibilities.
See >Having a PC, known for being the most versatile of all platforms
>Gimping yourself and not using all periferals you can

Elaborate.
I did.

>fighting games
>kb&m

Ask me how I know you're retarded.

Never had much trouble with the keyboard and mouse controls with Automata. They should have fucking added a dodge button like consoles though since you're locked out of the extra cheat mode.

Anyone can smash their head into a brick wall and eventually break through it. People have won Evo on pads, and nobody has ever won fuckall on a Hitbox, but that doesn't mean pads are superior to Hitbox sticks.
One hand on arrow keys vs one thumb on thumbs tick, mate.
Try it for yourself user. I started DMC on KB&M and reluctantly switched pad and was happy I did.

Not him but there's literally nothing wrong with playing fightan on a keyboard.

For DMC maybe, but most controllers have pressure sensitivity, which is important for certain types of input (eg platform jumping, fighting game inputs, etc). Keyboard/mouse doesn't really do that.

till you go to locals

>No. I haven't touched a controller in my entire life and I don't plan to start now
So you don't play half of the games out there or play them handicapped?

All games are playable with keyboard and mouse as long as the port is not shit.

Splitfish-style pads are amazing actually. I was 2nd in NA leaderboards at DM in using a similar design on MGO2.

>hurr... I can't use my fat burger hands to operate a controller because of my diabeetus

>playable
Yeah..

It's not about smashing a brick wall. He concsiously chose to learn KB over a controller because having extra keys accessible without a claw grip and more precise 8 directional movement is more important than omnidirectional movement in a game where you're locked on most of the time during combat.

The beauty of playing on PC is that you can use multiple control schemes. People have been using joysticks, joypads, and alternate controllers in general since the fucking 90s. Some games work best with a keyboard and mouse, some games work best with just a keyboard, others work best with a joystick, and still others work best with a gamepad. Stop being such a pretentious fuckhead trying so hard to fit into some perceived mold of PC elitism for autistic internet points and start playing games and enjoying the complete number of options available to you on PC.

Game was built around a controller you faggot, it wouldn't work well on KB+M.

Not to mention if you actually gave a shit about the series and weren't a bandwagon fucking casual would would have already played Drakengard and More and would be used to their control schemes by now.

>Locked on most the time.
>Needing extra buttons in crazy.
What the fuck are you on about?

Tell me, how do you play games with strong emphasis on pressure sensitivity and analog controls like driving games and flight sims with purely digital controls
Sure, you *can* play it, but i ensure you will beat you every time

Why don't you cry about it? Fucking millennials think games should be catered to them.

Just like FPSes and MMOs are playable on pads.

> Fucking millennials
Are you 40? Because if you are any younger than that then you'd be a millennial yourself.

True but most action games don't utilize that. Most that are ported to PC are better played on KBM. DS3 for example is great with KBM since playing unlocked is much more precise, and you can actually aim bows and free aim spells and throwables more quickly. Dragon's Dogma requires snap aiming often enough that KBM beats it out, on top of the lack of lockon giving it another edge since you can't play optimally without a claw grip on a controller (on top of kbm having access to hotkeys, which controllers simply don't have at all). Ys is better with a KBM because there is some AT that isn't possible or at least isn't feasible to execute consistently on a controller. It's not just a black and white "all action games are better with controller."
Now for fighting games, and racing games that's true. For platformers it's also usually true.

Not him, but I'm 28 and I hate millennials. I recognize that I do belong to the millennial generation, but the stereotypical "millennial" is not a type of person I identify with and I fucking hate them.

Thats kinda how i played MGRR
Whenever i went in Blade Mode, i would grab my mouse and use it for precise cutting, while using my controller to move the camera
Actually rather good mate

Most of the time that you aren't locked on, you're not moving. Extra buttons means switching styles and weapons faster without having to constantly move your thumbs between the sticks and the dpad/face buttons or using a claw grip.

I play those with driving wheels and a flight stick because I'm not a retard

I guess he meant Gen-Z

>One hand on arrow keys vs one thumb on thumbs tick, mate.
Are you talking about freeing up fingers? When I hold my xbone controller, three fingers on each hand are dedicated to just holding the controller. And it's not one hand on the arrow keys, it's three fingers.

They're even worse. Less attention span, coddled even more, no responsibility.

>Most of the time that you aren't locked on, you're not moving.
Maybe for you, and possibly because that has been revoked from you.
I zero problems style switching, I'm not sure what you're on about.

>Everyone is stupid. Everyone except me.

Oh I see, you dont do truestyle. Then your argument is irrelevant.

I'm gen Z faggot

>You don't support my crybaby stance, so your argument is irrelevant

No, not everyone except me. There are plenty of millennials who don't fit the stereotypes, but the stereotype does exist for a reason, and that's because there are certainly A LOT of millennials who fit into those stereotypes. I think any time someone complains about "millennials" or uses "millennial" as an insult, they're not referring to the entire generation, but rather to those within the generation who fit into the stereotypes of being entitled and self-involved and so on.

No problems with mouse and kb, better anyway for no auto lock. I had to switch to m&kb on very hard

THEN WHY CAN'T YOU FUCKING CHANGE THE RETARDED DOUBLE TAP TO DODGE BULLSHIT

they quite literally don't give a shit about the PC version, it's still unpatched to this day and can still crash on certain circumstances, absolutely zero effort, frankly I'm suprised it runs at all in this state, do like I did, get a refund and watch the endings on youtube, it's not even a good game, literally rehashed the same concepts of the first nier and it has twists you can see from a mile because it's a game for casual mentally challenged idiots that can't do 1+1

>I CAN PLAY EVERY GAME WITH MOUSE AND KEYBOARD.
>except genre games A and B, those i play with the peripheral they were designed for
>BUT I WONT PLAY GAME C WITH THE PERIPHERAL IT WAS DESIGNED FOR! WHY DOES GAME C SUCKS?
I swear its been years since i saw someone move goalposts so damn hard

>Nier automata is a car racing game

and retards like you belong on a cross

it's shit because the controls are made like shit

Dmc: Devil may cry is a trash game but it has actual mouse support so it's fun to play in retrospect compared to the god awful port of dmc3 or 4

>THE PERIPHERAL IT WAS DESIGNED

games stopped being designed around peripherals in 2006 you fucking idiot, why do you think console shooters play exactly the same on controller compared to PC? Why do you think there's a single version of a game and not an adapted version like Call of Duty BIG RED ONE on ps2?

Console gamers can use KB+m but PC gamers can't use a controller? I don't believe it. Takes you 3 hours to master max.

Nier was designed with a DS4 in mind. Use the tool for the job.

>why do you think console shooters play exactly the same on controller compared to PC?

Read the OP

Clearly you lack reading comprehension as I never said that.

If games arent designed for peripherals, whats the point of this thread?
Automata was designed for a controller, just fucking face it.

I never ever ever EVER understood the controllers are better for action games meme. How in the everloving fuck is it better not to have precise camera control at all times? With a controller you either lock on and hope for the best or do weird shit like claw grips to play unlocked which is anything but comfortable compared to just moving your mouse around. Another big thing is hotkeys, it sure is BETTER to scroll (sometimes in one direction even) through a fuckhuge list of things and then press use, or even outright pause the game to use an item or consumable, as opposed to just mapping that one thing to one key on your keyboard and have it accessible at all times.

you're a faggot

Is it because I've spent too much time playing ut2004 I've never found anything wrong with doubletap to dodge thing?

It's inferior to a single button dodge.

The OP just implies we're dealing with an autistic millenial cry baby who took the master race meme seriously. One of those ironic weebs perhaps as well.

Some games need up to 8 quick access face buttons, and unless you have a gaymer mouse, yours only have 2. Thats the biggest problem.
Another factor is: taking your hand off asdw (character control) is worse to hit 1-5, q, e, r, f, z, x and c is worse than taking your thumb off the camera.
And finally, asdw only alow moviment in 8 directions, a controller allow full 360 degree control.

>analog character movement
>fingers able to access 4 shoulder buttons at all times
>thumb has access to 4 buttons
>assuming the game doesn't have a lock-on feature, the camera can be freely adjusted during movement and doesn't need to be adjusted during attacks anyway

The only suboptimal thing is that you have to take your thumb off the movement stick to access the d-pad for hotkeys, but on a keyboard you have to take your fingers off WASD for the number hotkeys anyway, so that's a wash.

> Thats the biggest problem.
You have at least 5, unless your mouse has no wheel and at least one side button are pretty much standard by now even in non gaming mice. And you also have a whole fucking keyboard for your other hand.
>taking your hand off asdw (character control)
nigger are you for fucking serious? You don't take your HAND off wasd to press fucking 1 or e, are you playing on a fucking piano or some shit? You have five fingers on your fucking hand and it's not rocket science to slightly move one finger to press 2 to switch weapons or whatever while keeping other fingers on W and D for example to keep moving. With a controller you only use your thumb and have to let go off stick, resetting it to neutral just to do something with face buttons, that's order of magnitudes worse than "taking your hand off asdw". I swear to god, consolefags come up with the most inane shit.
>And finally, asdw only alow moviment in 8 directions, a controller allow full 360 degree control.
And a lot of games don't even bother with that, snapping to 8-directional movement regardless of your input method.
>assuming the game doesn't have a lock-on feature, the camera can be freely adjusted during movement and doesn't need to be adjusted during attacks anyway
Oh yeah, here comes the consolefag logic
>controllers are better
>here's a list of things that's worse
>you don't need those anyway
Fuck, there's a lot of games with dedicated "look behind you" button because something as basic as that is rocket science for controllers "and you don't need that anyway"

Too autistic, didn't read.

>Oh yeah, here comes the consolefag logic

Except I play on PC and prefer controllers in action games for the reasons I stated. Most action games DO have a lock-on feature, by the way, but even without it you really don't have to adjust the camera while you're attacking. And if you DO have to routinely adjust the camera while you're attacking, you can just assign all the primary functions to the shoulders and that solves the problem entirely.

Video games

>his library is clearly only 6 games
join a gym and get swole

Nonsense. It plays great with a mouse and kb
>double tap
And? Cant your fat fucking fingers press the same key twice fast or something?

youre a faggot

>and at least one side button are pretty much standard by now even in non gaming mice.
Never seen a non-gaming mouse with extra buttons

And your rant about using the fingers is stupid. Yes its a quick moviment, but the fraction of the time your middle finger is pressing 2, you cant press W. You are temporarily losing character control, no matter what.
It can be quick, but so is using your thumb to press square instead of moving the camera. You are still losing camera control.

>but the fraction of the time your middle finger is pressing 2, you cant press W.
hol the fuck up
So you're saying you are playing a game, you are running forward and holding W for that with your middle finger, then you want to swap to your primary weapon and to do that instead of pressing 1 with your ring finger at the same time, or E with your index finger or whatever the combination is, you literally lift your whole fucking hand to press the number? Do you have brain damage or something?

>middle finger is pressing 2
You dont use that finger for 2 retard.
You have 5 fingers, use them.
Why do you peiple think you gotta stop pressing wasd to use other keys.
you realize that you only use at most two fingers at a time when wasd right?

>Fucking millenials
>t. millenial

Wait hold the phone. Using more than one finger for vidya gaming at a time? What do I look like a fucking acrobat?

Did you ever play Dark Souls? Same fucking concept.
Certain controls schemes/designs work better on a controller, end of fucking story
kys

I use my mouse wheel (more sitiational weapons), Q (swich to last, usually a secondary) and 1 (primary) for weapons
I hardly ever touch 2-5.

I don't give a fuck about your preferred binds. Do you literally unironically think you cannot press one of WASD directions and 2 at the same time?

my nigger

>certain genres are better suited to controllers
True
But 3rd person action games like nier, metal gear rising, and nioh are not.
If you think they are you're just fat fingered or lack manual dexterity.

OP just won Faggot of the Year and it's only February.

>No. I haven't touched a controller in my entire life and I don't plan to start now, just because some retarded japs can't be arsed to port their games properly.
>Imagine being this much of awalking meme that you don't touch controllers
I bet you take consolewar threads serious and you are not even baiting here.

Finished it on my PS4 with no issues

Get fucked PCbros

This desu,

>playing vidya on PC and not having a controller
fuck off you bumbling retard

>there are people in here saying 3rd person action games with a keyboard is better than a controller
After playing DMC4 on mouse+keyboard, I can't agree at all.

Not him, but I'm not to lazy to learn a controller, I know the basics, I just believe that controllers are inferior input devices. Hell even the control scheme on smartphones is better with the accelerometer support.

The surface area of the analog controls is just too small and you have to use thumbs which is the digit with the least fidelity on your hand. Even your pinky finger is more accurate

>Devs should be held accountable for shit ports
Why? Did you pay them to make kb/m controls? Do they have an obligation to do it?
They just ported a great game to PC and openly say that a controller is highly recommended to play it. Don't like it? Don't buy it.

That's like releasing a game on console and telling everyone they need KBM to play it correctly

dmc 4 is just a shit port m8
nioh and metal gear rising are much better examples
For example, people bitched a lot about the mgr camera being shit, but that problem is completely gone with mouse and keyboard due to perfect camera control.

>That's like releasing a game on console and telling everyone they need KBM to play it correctly
Like shooters on consoles? Cause playing nier or other action rpgs of this kind with kb/m is as retarded as playing fps with a controller. A pity typical "MUH PC MASTER RACE" leddit boys like you don't understand it.
Thing is - game developers don't owe you anything. They make their game the way they want and then you can decide whether it is worth your money and time or not.

Play the first Nier, you miss out on a lot if you play Automata first. Automata also spoils the major twist of the first game.

But then you have to use a keyboard to move, which is shit in a 3rd person action game, considering you can only move in 8 directions.

+1